PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Quest RPG

Moritz
11-15-2007, 10:10 AM
I tell you this, straight up. A Johnny Quest RPG would totally rule.

Though, I'm really not saying play Johnny, Hadji or Bandit, more along the lines of a game that is very much like the world they lived. Super Science + Bond Villains + Danger International.

Totally rock.

Digital Arcanist
11-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Zeem Zeem Salabeem?

fmitchell
11-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Though, I'm really not saying play Johnny, Hadji or Bandit, more along the lines of a game that is very much like the world they lived. Super Science + Bond Villains + Danger International.

You might try Spirit of the Century, a totally rockin' pulp game, moved up to modern times. Perhaps you'd have to tweak the skill list.

(Irrelevant aside: Personally I wouldn't include a Use Computer skill for a "Spirit of the Late 20th Century" game, or any other; I'd subsume its functions into skills like Academics, Investigation, Science, Contacting, Burglary, Deceit, and so forth. Honestly, nobody likes a net-runner: "Oh, hey, the GM and I will be rolling dice at each other for about an hour; you guys can go get a Coke or something.")

PhishStyx
11-22-2007, 03:22 AM
You could try Prime Time Adventures http://www.dog-eared-designs.com/games.html

fmitchell
11-22-2007, 03:33 AM
You could try Prime Time Adventures http://www.dog-eared-designs.com/games.html

Oh, yeah, forgot about that one. I was almost in a game of that. It's a neat system, especially if you're simulating a TV show. Plus, onlookers without characters are officially allowed to kibitz.

gdmcbride
11-27-2007, 03:22 AM
A Johnny Quest RPG would be cool certainly but a Venture Brothers RPG ... now that would be even cooler!

Gary

Digital Arcanist
11-27-2007, 11:33 AM
What about a Frisky Dingo RPG!!! I call dibs on Killface!!!

Jeffrywith1e
05-22-2011, 07:20 PM
I tell you this, straight up. A Johnny Quest RPG would totally rule.

Totally rock.
I was thinking about this today as my son and I watched an episode. Johnny Quest + Ubiquity System/HEX = win.