PDA

View Full Version : Heart of the Dragon

russdm
11-14-2007, 04:29 PM
I am looking for games/willing to start one in this area. I am available to play Friday Nights and Saturdays. Play D&D and Star Wars Saga.

Update: We are meeting for our 4th session Janaury 5th.

russdm
11-30-2007, 11:50 AM
I am going to try to meet tomorrow at Uncle's in Bellevue around 12.

russdm
12-05-2007, 08:18 PM
For those Interested we are going to have a second session this saturday at 12 at uncles at crossroads mall. there is only one filled slot out of 8 available.

russdm
12-17-2007, 08:34 PM
We'll have our 3rd session december 22nd.

Farcaster
12-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Can you tell us a little bit about the campaign?

russdm
12-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Here is background info:

The Duthor Region: A platuea and river valley area with some low foothills to the north. To the east a desert followed by snowcapped peaks (wanted to use Sandstorm and Frostburn). To the west rolling plains and small hillocks. to the south, a forest inhabited by elves. The platuea is at the center of the region.

Inhabitants: Platuea holds Duthor Castle, home to House Valkinor and Baroness Anastasia. Elves live in forests. Orcs live in the plains and hillocks and gather in a central site. Dwarves dwell in mountains. Humans cover the rest of the land.

History: The Duthor region or Duthor river valley, was the headquaters of a humanoid warlord. The warlord was defeated by adventurers among whom was Dmitric Valkinor. He was appointed Baron by king in kingdom that no longer exists. His descendents rule the region. Every Valkinor dies under mysterious circumstances. The region was inhabited by only humans till a group of migrating orcs arrived. Dmitric gave them land held in trust (the land belongs to House Valkinor, orcs just renting so to speak). Later a band of elves, driven because of conflict, arrived. They were able to acquire land from the Valkinors and settled with the same deal as the orcs. (renting land-a major conflict for later) In recent years up to the Baroness, the elves tried stirring up trouble between humans and orcs, but failed because more orc tribes came into the region. The orcs are currently now ruled a council of cheiftains comprised of the tribes allied together. The elves are threatening the humans because of their interactions with the orcs. Most recently the Baroness has been getting messages refering to an ancient curse that apparently befell the Valkinors.

Power Groups/Empires:
Valkinor Barony-Ruled by House Valkinor
Orc Confederation of Tribes-ruled by council
Elven Protectorate-ruled by elders
The Red Claw-organzation dedeciated to destroying house Valkinor

NPCs:
The Baroness-Anastasia Valkinor
Hurgal Echo-Orc Chief
Swiftleaf Arrowstring-Elven elder
"She Who Watches"
Varyona-Mentioned by name only

Conflicts:
Elf-orc-human disagreements
Orc-Orc problems-some tribes urge destruction of humans and elves in region
Red Claw-House Valkinor-Cabal of individuals answer to "She who watches", ordered to destroy House Valkinor

Cities:
Castle Duthor-on platuea
Featherfevle-Elven city deep in forest
Hammerstone-Dwarven capital
Urger-Orc Citadel

Important details to be learned:
Dmitric had the love of a red dragon (Varyona-hell hath no fury like a woman scorned)
Militaristic elves seek violent solution to problems, increasing troubles to cause war. Eradicate survivors
Orc tribes that have suffered from elves seek vengence, council urges patience.
Human nobles seeking to disrupt relations and profit from war

Adventure modules to be used: Red Hand Of Doom, Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, Adventures I have.

Characters will be working for the Baroness and doing jobs for her. They will also to be able to do what they want, somewhat. The campaign style is going to be a bit based off Morrowind-you do some quests for your boss, between quests he sends you off to fulfill other people's quests till he thinks you ready to go on another quest.

Any further questions?

Digital Arcanist
12-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Please tell me the Baroness is part of a clandestine organization trying to take over the world!!

Sounds like fun Russ...wish I was in the vicinity of the Emerald City so I could play.

russdm
12-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Please tell me the Baroness is part of a clandestine organization trying to take over the world!!

Umm, afraid not. She is just trying to run her country. There is another person who might be interested in taking over the world-Varyona.

Digital Arcanist
12-19-2007, 12:34 AM
I think you missed my reference man...

russdm
12-19-2007, 04:33 PM
I think you missed my reference man...

Cobra! Cobra. Yeah, Yeah. I got it. When you mentioned reference, it immediately popped into my head.

Farcaster
12-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Unfortunately, I still don't know what either of you are talking about...

Digital Arcanist
12-19-2007, 11:05 PM
Unfortunately, I still don't know what either of you are talking about...

And I weep for your lack of coolness Farcaster!!!

russdm
01-03-2008, 05:23 PM
We are meeting for our 4th session Janaury 5th. Same place, same time-12:00

russdm
01-17-2008, 03:30 PM
We will have another session at 12:00 this saturday.

After some consideration, I realized that there was some stuff missing. Important information that possible players would need. So here it is:

Books: Cityscape, Complete Arcane/Adventurer/Divine/Mage/Warrior, Draconomicon, Dragon Magic, DMG, DMG 2, Dungeonscape, Frostburn, Magic Item Compendium, PHB, PHB 2, Races of Destiny/Dragon/Stone/Wild, Sandstorm, Stormwrack. You may use these books. Things from books not listed here will be need to be approved on a case by case basis. Books unusable: Psionics books, Tome of Battle, Tome of magic, Magic of Incarnuem(sp?). The reason is that I do not know the systems in these.

House Rules:
1)You will use a 32 point point-buy system.
2)You will recieve max starting gold at first level.
3)Evil alignment is not available.
4)Death: You will die at your negative consitution score. You will fall unconsciencous at your negative consistution modifier. If your con is less than 12, you follow the rules in book, unconsciencous at -1/death at -10, -11 if con 11. Example- a fighter with 16 con falls unconsciencous at -3 and dies at -16 hitpoints.
5)Luck Points: You recieve one luck for each level. If you are 3rd level you have 3 luck points. You may use luck points to reroll attacks, saves, hit points, and increase your die result by one. Once used, you do not regain luck points. You may use any number of luck points except as follows: You may only roll one more additional time for attacks, you may only roll 2 more times for saves. You may reroll hit points as many times as you have luck points available. You must declare you are using a luck point.
6)Things not allowed or restricted: Races-Gnomes; Psionics; Tome of Battle, Tome of Magic, Magic of Incarnaum; Evil alignment.
7)Alignment grading: You will be graded on intentions and actions to determine your alignment. The frequency of actions will be taken into account. Alot of evil acts in short amount of time will change alignment; a lot of evils acts over a stretch of time will change alignment. An evil act here or there will not change your alignment.

There. People interested in joining up will want to know this.

russdm
02-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Game session tomorrow at 12 noon at Uncle's in Belleuve. Those interested in joining should show up. Only 4 player slots filled out 8. I will have sign that says russdm on it.

nauchrifter
01-11-2009, 06:58 PM
If you are still looking for players/DM I would be interested. I am primarily used to 3.5 and some 4E and have played over 10 years now. Let me know if you are interested.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/Greys/misc/progress.gif

russdm
01-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Sorry. This campaign crashed and burned. I ended up quitting it due to player issues. I have got a 4e campaign that I am trying to get started up again. Possibly around july, i think. Would start sooner but i don't exactly have alot of time to run it.

Melinkurian Abatha
02-10-2009, 11:12 PM
I am looking for a D & D game and I am not particular about the edition. I believe that I have all of the books from 2nd to 4th and am open to any. I have very little experience with 4th edition at this time.

Please let me know if you have an ongoing game with an opening.

Thank you :biggrin:

russdm
02-13-2009, 08:37 PM
My 4th ed game (its starting soon) has an opening.

Melinkurian Abatha
02-14-2009, 11:17 AM
I will try and be there at 12 today (2-14-09) but I have a 1pm appoinemt that I can't miss. If possible, I will join in after that.

russdm
02-14-2009, 04:38 PM
We aren't meeting today. I have not picked a start date yet.

russdm
05-16-2009, 04:35 PM
I have discontinued this game.