PDA

View Full Version : Saludos DFW

Dimthar
11-09-2007, 03:55 PM
The name is Carlos,

Started playing D&D in 1990, later we (friends and I) tried World of Darkness (Vampire, Werewolf and Mage) and Tales of the Floating Vagabond.

My last game was 4-5 years ago, my family and I moved from Mexico to DFW 2 years ago, and eventually I know I will find a group to play with, but some Life Changing events (My second baby girl was born Saturday) are keeping me out of the tables for the moment.

That doesn't keep me from buying Forgotten Realms books, writing a post here and there and showing at the Half-Price Book meetup in DFW once a year.

I would like to Play D&D Forgotten Realms, Call of Cthulhu or whatever is available, maybe a superhero game.

Joined this Forum like a year ago, and just realized I never stopped by to say hello.

Moritz
11-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Hola Carlos

Welcome to the boards. There's quite a few of us in the D/FW area so you're sure to find a game. Jump in on the boards when you're ready; because sharing is caring.

Welcome aboard

Farcaster
11-14-2007, 04:43 PM
My second baby girl was born Saturday

Congratulations! Let's see, its Wednesday now, so you probably just got back from the hospital a day or so ago and still haven't gotten any real unbroken sleep?

I remember on day two when we got back from the hospital with my son, that was the night he picked to go on a five hour screaming marathon during daddy-watch. Hopefully you haven't had any of those.

:cool:

Moritz
11-14-2007, 07:18 PM
5 hour screaming marathon???

Dude, it's defective, send it back to the factory. Or take out the batteries.

Dimthar
11-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Congratulations! Let's see, its Wednesday now, so you probably just got back from the hospital a day or so ago and still haven't gotten any real unbroken sleep?

Saturday 11/3/07 :) . I got unbroken sleep the first days, but since my wife is breastfeeding, theres not much I can do, so she lets me sleep. Once she moves to the bottle will be my turn.

I remember on day two when we got back from the hospital with my son, that was the night he picked to go on a five hour screaming marathon during daddy-watch. Hopefully you haven't had any of those.

The first time I was left alone my first daughter it was awful, she would not stop crying and I did everything imaginable to calm her, After I failed my Patience roll I yelled to my wife in the cellphone to urge her to come back. I must really had sounded angry/desperate in the phone, she said she thought I was going to hit my daughter.

PhishStyx
11-21-2007, 11:56 PM
What I found worked best was simply holding my daughter and slowing my breathing to a sleep-like rate. Generally, she'd go to sleep in about 20 minutes. I don't remember having any 5 hour screaming sessions; in fact, I don't recall any 1 hour screaming sessions off-hand. My wife might, I guess.

Dimthar
07-11-2008, 01:15 PM
My Name is Carlos and I lost 15 pounds.

Well, after 2 months of aerobiscs/step I am finally getting away from the 100 Kg mark (I used to weight 101Kg in May 14th). Current weight is 94 Kg.

In my Prime when I was 26 (2000) my weight was 83 Kg (Single, no kids), like in the movie "The Incredibles" I don't think I will ever be back there, but I'll keep trying at least for another 2 more months.

Did not know where to put this, so I put it here.

* Group Hug *

tesral
07-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Well now you have. And congratulations on the new little girl.

I have just the one old boy.