PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question, but its worth a try

MelodyMan123
11-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Does anyone have any old (or new) D&D player handbooks (the one with all the rules) or DM books from maybe a past edition they'd be willing to part with. If they are in good condition, i will pay more for them, but if they are in worse condition, ill still make an offer. i will cover the shipping. If anyone has either of these i would love to have them, because i cannot afford to pay the full retail price right now, seeing as to how christmas and all the holidays are coming up.

RealmsDM
11-08-2007, 10:29 PM
well, my 1st edition books are very dear to me (memories) but my 2nd edition stuff is availible (and my 3.0 PHB & DMG)

I have PHB 2nd ed
DMG 2nd ed
PHB 3rd ed
DMG 3rd ed

I also have the "options" 2nd ed rulebooks that are in MINT condition. These were books that came out towards the end of 2nd edition's run. The expand on magic, combat, player customization, etc. I'd be willing to hear any fair deal you can throw at me.

Let me know if you have any more questions (I also would be interested in trading for any classic modules from 1st edition- and a few 2nd edition, if they're in good condition)

MelodyMan123
11-09-2007, 06:30 AM
the 3rd edition dmg and phb sound good to me. i dont have anything to trade, b/c i am knew to pen and paper rpgs, but i have cash. what sounds fair to you for used books?

MelodyMan123
11-09-2007, 06:31 AM
or the 2nd editions, if they are cheaper, but i really dont know how pricing goes along with the editions, the second editions are probably worth more because they are older, right? lol, im obviously a newb to all this.

DrAwkward
11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
or the 2nd editions, if they are cheaper, but i really dont know how pricing goes along with the editions, the second editions are probably worth more because they are older, right? lol, im obviously a newb to all this.

You can browse around Ebay to get a feel for what folks think they are worth.

If you actually want hardcopies, I hear that
Inquisitor Tremayne (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4107) just got a bunch of old books. :)

Other than that, if you just want the rules you can get the 3.5 ruleset legally and freely at d20srd.org.

I found electronic copies of AD&D that claim to be from http:\\www.Evermore88.com WARNING: My work Web-blocker says this is a sex site now. I couldn't tell you either way.

Inquisitor Tremayne
11-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Yeah, in fact I'll tell you what, I have a 3.0 D&D PHB, and if you are willing to pay for shipping I'll let it go for a measly $5 bucks.

Before you buy anything, let me go dig through all my stuff and I'll put together a package of stuff that I am willing to part with. I'll list it all here and you tell me what you want and I'll cut you a super deal.

I like giving stuff away that I don't use, too many people try to make a buck off of everyone else. I'm all about giving stuff away.

After Thanksgiving I will have a whole other big box of old D&D stuff. If you can wait till then, If not I can get the PhB out soonish.

What do you want to do?

MelodyMan123
11-09-2007, 01:29 PM
i plan on paying for the shipping regardless of prices, so yah, ill pay for that. and if by "a whole lot more stuff by thanksgiving" you mean that you will have some adventure books, maybe a monster manual, or other expanding books, i'd definately wait. Im getting my paycheck today, and i got work in a couple of hours so i can go pick it up. Would i pay you through paypal? im only 17 so i dont have credit and cant get a paypal account (or so im told), but my father would transfer it if i gave him cash, or however you want to do it. Thanks for helping me inquisitor T. :D

Did you get the name "inquisitor" from anything specific?

Inquisitor Tremayne
11-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I'm talking adventure modules, and who knows what else. I think I have an extra Dungeon Masters Guide from 3.0 too.

I'll probably say just send a check since I don't think I have a paypal account set up and you seem like an honest enough sort. We should however work out all the payment details by email or PM so others aren't reading all our info.

Yeah, so wait till after Thanksgiving when I can inventory the stuff I'm willing to let go of. All the stuff I have any sentimental value with is stuff that I use on a semi-regular basis. So all that stuff I don't use, well it deserves a better home.

Anyway, Inquisitor Tremayne is a character from the Expanded Universe of Star Wars and by far my favorite character. You can read about him on the Wookieepedia. He was a padawan that was passed over for mentorship and then captured by Vader right after Episode III and turned into a Jedi hunter. He survived I think up until about Return of the Jedi or so.

MelodyMan123
11-09-2007, 03:01 PM
thanks so much man. ya see, ive got this tendancy for expensive habits, like painting minis and junk, and this is looking like another one, and you have made it less painful in the wallet. ill remember this if ya ever need anything.

letrii
11-21-2007, 02:55 PM
You need more than the SRD.

Histati
02-25-2008, 09:11 PM
I do not know what kind of feed back I will get back for this but what the heck give it a shot anyway. I currently play Cosmic Whimp out. The game comes with five dice and board to count you points. game markers are not included. The game leaves it up to you to come up with your own markers. a penny, bottle cap, pebble what ever you can find. I wanted to kick it up a notch and have nicely painted figures: Mushroom King, Bishop, Jester, leprechaun, treasure hoard. Would someone out there be willing to paint these minis for some dough. If you are interested please let know and send me some picks of your painted minis. I thimk I have some 3.0 books to trade!! I got to look though

nijineko
03-01-2008, 10:30 AM
i have 3.0 phb, dmg, mm, and psionics books, that i could let go. pick and choose, even. let me know. mine will be in almost perfect condition. (i'll have to obscure my sig on the inside title page of the books-which will make it less than perfect condition.)