PDA

View Full Version : D&D Ask Wizards: 11/07/2007 (Resurrecting a Lich?)

PnP News Bot
11-07-2007, 12:32 AM
http://www.wizards.com/books/images/dnd_logo_small.jpg

Check out this new article Wizards of the Coast posted recently:

Ask Wizards: 11/07/2007 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4ask/20071107a)

Q: I know you can't resurrect a lich, but after one is destroyed could you resurrect the base creature from which it was created?

Moritz
11-07-2007, 08:50 AM
This is actually a great question and the answer gives me ideas toward my own campaign in regards to the character, Voyce, which I mentioned in the favorite character thread.

Farcaster
11-08-2007, 12:59 PM
So, does that mean then that the lich could be destroyed and then resurrected, only to go through the process and become a lich again?

Moritz
11-08-2007, 01:12 PM
From the way I read it, yes.

Great Human Wizard could be brought back from the dead and if he/she were so inclined, could go through the lich process again and once again terrorize the countryside. The way I'm going to use it is once the PC's kill the Lich Voyce, then he will be back to his original benign self and go off to find out how the world has changed. Ultimately returning to help the PC's if the need arises. Perhaps he'll give them a complimentary bag of holding for saving his life.

I wonder though, could the former lich be brought upon charges for crimes against humanity?

Riftwalker
11-08-2007, 01:30 PM
his original benign self

Becoming a lich is always a choice on the part of the spellcaster becoming the lich, I thought. After the transformation, it's the same soul/personality/self/identity/whatever.

Moritz
11-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Maybe after he did it, there was regret? Or regret after the fact of being resurrected?

Riftwalker
11-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Maybe after he did it, there was regret? Or regret after the fact of being resurrected?

Actually that could be interesting...

maybe ties into some of the stuff from the BoED.