PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Lewisville group

ravenonyx
11-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Hello! "I" is actually "we" - my husband and I recently moved close to Highland Village and know no one in the area! We're hoping to find players and/or a GM for any type of game that can meet weekly on weekends. ]

We are in a position (no babysitter) where we must game in our home. Other kids are quite welcome if you need to bring yours; we have plenty to keep them entertained.

We are open to nearly any type of game; J probably knows the rules of most, I know quite a bit less and will need some intro and warm up time. We have a pretty extensive library of rpg books but do not have the most recent editions of D&D or WW - unfortunately, we won't be investing in any either until we have an established group and/or it's after tax season.

Things you should know:

We have 3 kids, one of whom is a toddler. We'd like to game after 7pm if possible so that all children are in bed. PLEASE be friendly/okay with children - They take precedence, we will NOT put gaming ahead of the kids in importance. However, we know your time is as valuable as ours and will be as dependable as possible. Gaming is a large & important part of our lives.

Smoking/drinking/massive quantities of caffeine friendly house. If everyone but myself is a nonsmoker I am willing to air out the home before game and to go outside to indulge.

WIFI available w/FIOS.

Driveway and curbside parking available.

Early people are quite welcome; we can frequently be found WoWing, playing Guitar Hero, or watching weird anime.

txhazard
01-03-2008, 08:28 AM
so what game are you guys really looking to play?
Ive been trying to find a group forever, ive had experience with WoD, DnD unfortunatly, Aberrant, and Fading Suns.

Evil DM
01-16-2008, 08:50 PM
We have a pretty extensive library of rpg books but do not have the most recent editions of D&D or WW - unfortunately, we won't be investing in any either until we have an established group and/or it's after tax season.

If you don't have the most recent books, I'd wait until after 4th edition (should be May) is released before spending money on D&D books.

ravenonyx
05-19-2008, 09:27 AM
So, life got in the way for a bit and we never really got off the ground.

Still looking for peeps! Also interested in anyone who wants to play L5R ccg. We can't make it out to Madness or Y2K most of the time and now the GameChest group is about to not have a place to meet, so..

We do have multiple tables available now.

Dimthar
05-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Try the meetup on June 7th for the 4e Dungeons.

Even if you don't play Dungeons, a fair number of DFW are planning to show up.

Regards,

Carlos.