PDA

View Full Version : MA: Assonet: New to Pen and Paper Games

kiehtan
11-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Hello all, I'm just taking some time to introduce myself. I've been a gamer off and on since the 80's. My best friend introduced me to D&D basic edition way back then, and I've since followed through every edition. I currently host a group of six (including myself) here in Assonet, two of which I've gamed with since the 90's. I run a 3.5 D&D campaign set in the world of Midkemia (author Raymond E Feist's game world). Several other players in my group run campaigns and we alternate every three months or so. There is one d20 Cthullu game going on, but other than that, it is all D&D. We've done some Star Wars in the past, and I used to run Chill back before d20 D&D. We're still debating as a group if we are gonna take the 4.0 plunge when it comes about.

At its largest, our current group was up to nine people, talk about chaotic. I think that in 3.5, a group of five-seven is best; anything less than five and your group doesn't have enough players to fill all the roles, anything more than seven and it gets too bogged down. We roll play a bit more than we role play, and we lost our best (and youngest) roleplayer when he headed off to law school a few months back. Our youngest member (the only female) is 28, and our oldest is 40. If you're in the area, and you're looking for a game, we can make room for one more.

But, I guess this is supposed to be about me, so, I'm 36, married with a son, and a high school teacher. Aside from gaming, I'm a firearms instructor, and I love paintball, but I rarely get a chance to play.

Moritz
11-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Kiehtan,

Welcome and glad to have ya. Great background and information that you've shared, thanks. I'd imagine there are some players in your area that are looking and would be lucky to be able to join someone with such experience.

Welcome to the boards, jump right in if you feel the urge.