PDA

View Full Version : My d20 Fantasy and Future Setting

necroblivion
10-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Hey all, I'm working on a project that will convert the Rifts RPG over to OGL d20 rules. If you are not familiar, the setting is a futuristic earth, reawoken to magic and filled with everything fantastic and technological in a post-apocalyptic setting. The setting and plots are very good as written, but the mechanics are less than desirable, thus many people have attempted a conversion.

Here's my link, I'm looking for people to help out with feedback, art, mechanics, playtesting, etc. This is not for profit, just for fun.

http://rifts.privatus.org/forums/index.php

Moritz
10-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Dude, good luck. That sounds pretty sweet. Never was a big fan of the Paladium system, making a d20 version of it sounds fun.

necroblivion
11-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Yeah, the Palladium system is crap. It was fine 10 years ago, but things change in the industry and they simply repaint over the rust.

My beta test rules are downloadable, so feel free to take a peek. I'd love to hear feedback, its a hybrid of d20 Modern & Future plus D&D 3.5. I've reworked all the classes to fit a more futuristic model and beefed up the underpowered ones to fit a more balanced scheme. Of course I've also designed a good number of my own to cover things in the Rifts setting.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-07-2007, 11:12 AM
I applied for your forums i would love to help anyway i can you guys are goign to be playing over open rpg right??? if so allow me to not be considered an inactive member lol! i cant even sign in right hahaha

necroblivion
11-08-2007, 06:08 AM
let me know what name you signed up under and I'll activate you. I have it set up like that on purpose to defeat spammers.

necroblivion
11-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Also, if you guys have any ideas on how I can attract more interested people over to the site and get players, etc., let me know. By opening it up to a wider base of individuals, I have been able to get more feedback and provide a much better set of rules than I would have on my own.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-08-2007, 06:52 PM
consider thowing down on the mayhem server on open rpg theres a huge player base and im sure you game can stirke a cord somewhere in there they have a website as well http://mini200000.proboards58.com/