PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Anaesthesia
10-28-2007, 01:43 PM
The Story thus far:
The current group (with the exception of Shay) was hired by an elderly elf Wizard, Festy, to recover items that were in his possession, and he has let his assistant, Pinch, escort you to the mountains to Crystal Mount, the Dwarven City. He tells you the story of Iellion and the Dark Brigade, and his alliance with the Blue dragons. The wizardress Arysa, decides to stay with Festy to make use of his library. Arysa also sends Omiran to meet up with the group.

On your way to Crystal Mount you met up with Tor and Ziggy who had a brush with a Dragon Rider, and which later you find out he was involved with the Dark Brigade. The group also takes the banners with the Dark Brigade’s symbols and burns them that were lining the road. Ashkore also has a meeting of sorts with the dragon, Charlemange, to take care of a young Dragon, Liani.

The Dwarven King, Roaquat, tells you that there have been several suspicious people going in and out of a nearby, abandoned fort. The King also asks you to take The Scorpius Pearl as it has been subject to several people trying to steal it. Kaidon casts a spell and notices that it can cast powerful Divine Spells. Here, several friends decided to part ways (Cyrus, Ziggy, Argo and Tor), but meet up with Valkier, Draeden, Cally and Amarilla on your way towards the abandoned fort. Outside the fort, you met up with a troll guarding the door. After the troll was defeated, the group recovers 300 GP, 200 SP from the troll’s body, Ota and Pinch were left to guard the door, the horses and the wagons.

Inside the fortress you found several items, a deck of cards, a talon (which was put back into the statue), a note*, a small lapis lazuli gem, 100 SP, Wild Elf Lore Book, Elf Lore book. You also found the Dragon rider and his wyrmling hiding in one of the hidden rooms of the fortress, and he tells you of the arena Iellon has. He is taken with the group as a hostage, while the wyrmling was killed and left behind.

On your way out of the fortress, you find a note saying that Ota was kidnapped, and if the group wanted to rescue him from harm, the group would need to engage in a Spellflinger’s fight.

The group then breaks up into 2 smaller groups: those to go into Mustifon and those to stay out in the outskirts. Cally, Amarilla, Drae(disguised as an animal), Pinch and Kaidon all go into town, with the information that Ashkore gave them on what inn to go into. Earlier in the day, Drae was disguised as a dog, was left with the groom and stable boy of Cally’s temple. Drae overhears information on a resitance group meeting that night. In the temple, Cally, Kaidon and Amarilla pour over books about the Dark Brigade, Iellion and the arena. Later that evening, they head to the inn, and get rooms, telling the innkeep they were friends of Ashkore. That evening at the inn, after dinner and during Kadion’s performance, an assailant attempts to attack Cally, but Kaidon gets her attention to duck or move, and he starts fighting with the assailant. Amarilla and Drae rush down from their rooms, towards the end of the fight, and Cally trips the assailant and knocks him unconscious. Not wanting to stay, they leave, apologize to the innkeep (Cally also pays for the drink she had), and start heading over to the meeting that Drae heard about.

Ashkore, Valkier, and Omiran went to find a suitable place to camp out, while Liani went to travel to her parents and back. You also had an encounter with a chained heirosphinx, and made the decision to leave it be and move past it. They are waiting for the morning and Liani to return.

*"I have warned you but you
will not listen. When you
meet with danger,
you should not hide your head
in the sand- There is a lot of sand in
Lookout Island."

Anaesthesia
10-28-2007, 01:44 PM
((My group-I'll let you know when you can transfer from the other forum to here))

The Wandering Bard
10-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Hehe, Just a heads up but I believe that the encounter was with a Lamussa (I think thats how you spell it ;) ) not a hellcat. I can edit this out after you read this ;)

Anaesthesia
10-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Hehe, Just a heads up but I believe that the encounter was with a Lamussa (I think thats how you spell it ;) ) not a hellcat. I can edit this out after you read this ;)

It was actually a heirosphinx, not a Lamussa. But Kaidon wasn't there for the encounter. It's on page 23. I'll go change it

The Wandering Bard
10-29-2007, 04:13 PM
My Apologizes. :)

The Wandering Bard
11-30-2007, 07:26 PM
OOC: Jazmin, I tried to post on the Forgotten Site, but every time I submit it gives me a blank page. Seeings how we will be over here soon I figured I should post this here.

The prisoner is tied up in the back of the wagon, or was tied in the wagon. I broke both of his hands, and took my time tying the rope (For a 20 on the roll) I also used a Silk rope for added strenght. He was unconscience last we meet. with the party resting, I assume he was being watched by the party, and the master bards men. if he moves we should be notified.

headeast76
12-01-2007, 09:03 AM
OOC: Yep i got the same white page trying to post at the flower also so i guess we are being transfered sooner than we thought....I suppose I'll be posting from here from now on.

Anaesthesia
12-02-2007, 12:19 PM
OOC: I know Zane PM'd me also, but it seems like he and Omiran both were able to post, anyway. I am hoping the wyrmling-fight will be over here by later today, if it is not finished.

Anaesthesia
12-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Quick update: During the night Ashkore's group fought 2 owlbears as well as a blue wyrmling. Would you guys like to take some of the early morning to rest up a bit and/or start a morning meal?

It is just morining and some of Kaidon's group is starting to wake up.

Shay, the area is still secure, you hear early morning conversations, campfires going (with food cooking over them), and some early animal sounds. You notice someone hovering towards the front of your tent whispering, "Master Kaidon?"

The Wandering Bard
12-03-2007, 10:05 PM
"Aye, I'm here". The bard slips out of the back of the tent to give himself some space between him and the vistor. "Yes, please tell me, How can I be of service?"

Spot=4+3=7 (dang)
search=13+5=18
Gather information=12+5=17 ( is the person nervious, happy, quite. anything like that?)
Sense motive=9+4=13


OOC: sorry for the amount of rolls, better safe than sorry. we seem to be meeting alot of resistance here. :)

Zane
12-03-2007, 11:14 PM
OOC: sorry for the amount of rolls, better safe than sorry. we seem to be meeting alot of resistance here. :)
((Hmm, maybe another reason for us to get back together. And btw, I just wanted to post that I made it over here. Oh, and I guess I'll add this...))
After breaking the wyrmling's neck, Liani uses her fire breath on the creature as well for good measure. She then spits off to the side, away from everyone. "Blue taste bad," she mutters.

Ribe
12-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Drea back in his human form moves to the doorway to hear the conversation that is about to develop.

Occ: Hello all.

The Mistwalker
12-04-2007, 03:00 PM
The Warforged duskblade walks back over to the campsite. Making sure that Leoster is still there. he settles down for a bit of well deserved rest.

could use the rest to build up my spells. he says as he pulls out his whetstone and begins sharping his sword.

Anaesthesia
12-04-2007, 07:30 PM
"Aye, I'm here". The bard slips out of the back of the tent to give himself some space between him and the vistor. "Yes, please tell me, How can I be of service?"

Spot=4+3=7 (dang)
search=13+5=18
Gather information=12+5=17 ( is the person nervious, happy, quite. anything like that?)
Sense motive=9+4=13


OOC: sorry for the amount of rolls, better safe than sorry. we seem to be meeting alot of resistance here. :)

All you know is in front of you is a young human, and he is looking somewhat nervous-more nervous of disturbing your rest (and consequences if there are). "I'm Kitan-one of Lord Marven's scouts. We've found your friend. My superior, Tomsa, requests you and to bring one of your fellows for a private meeting with him."

Leoster is starting to stir, looking slightly dazed.

The Wandering Bard
12-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Thank you kind sir your assistance is most welcome. Please let me converse with my friends.

Kadion will cast message on his friends again.

"Cally would you be a dear and accompany me. Your better at reading emotions than I. Plus you can sense people aura's right? I would ask one of the other but I think you might be the best fit for this."

Valkier Silverwing
12-05-2007, 10:24 PM
the aging priest sits down in the camp.

"Aye, my weary bones need some rest now. Ah good morning Leoster, You missed an intresting night. Sleep well?"

Anaesthesia
12-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Leoster nods at Valkier, but does not say anything. He does look pale, though.

The Wandering Bard
12-07-2007, 04:19 PM
I guess Kadion is waiting on Cally's response?

Anaesthesia
12-07-2007, 04:20 PM
I guess Kadion is waiting on Cally's response?

((yep--will PM essyx.))

Zane
12-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Ashkore looks over at Valkier, "Please do rest, we need to wait for the others anyway." He then turns his attention to Leoster, "You seem afraid still. Is it not enough that we prevented any harm from falling on you over the evening? If you still feel as though you can not trust us, so be it. As I said, you have led us here and you will be released without harm. However, I have to wait for the others to return before I can set you free in good conscious, I hope you can understand."

While the party settles in to wait more, Liani moves to the burnt broken blue wyrmling's body and picks it up, moving it off away from camp before depositing it on the ground and returning to the others.

The Wandering Bard
12-09-2007, 11:06 AM
OOC: Dm how about we continue, Cally will say...remain silent, if rolls are needed than we go from there, or I will invite Shay.

Kadion steps forward. "come young charge, please show me to your master. I am sure we will learn much this day."

Anaesthesia
12-09-2007, 04:18 PM
(I was planning on NPCing Cally for a few anyway, I have her sheet, so I can roll for her if I need to. I was hoping she would've been here by now.)

Cally nods, and tells Amarilla to stay put with Drae and the others. Kitan escorts both of you to Tomsa's tent, rings one of the bells that drape the tent, enters. To the older man, sitting at a table with books and paper strewn about, he says "Tomsa, you requested to see Mater Kaidon and his friend."

Leoster utters one word, "food.."

The Wandering Bard
12-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Kadion walks up to the table, and with a low sweeping bow greets those in front of him (and to the sides if any one is present)

"I deeply thank you all for any information that you can provide, and I wish to thank you for risking your lives to bring it to us. Please share what you have learned, be it good or bad."

Zane
12-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Leoster utters one word, "food.."
((Did we forget to feed him? Oh well - he always could have asked for food before if he was that hungry. :D))

Ashkore pulls out some jerky and hard tack from his provisions and frees Leoster's hand so that he can eat. "You only needed to ask. It's no banquet, but it will tide you over." Ashkore stands near Leoster, leaning against a tree and watching the guy (ready to move on him if he tries to bolt), but letting him eat something.

Valkier Silverwing
12-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Ashkore. do not waste your food. I think I have a remedy for us all. i still have a few reserved spells.

Casts Create food and water. Caster level 6: should create enough food for 3 horses or 9 humans or a mix. we have 2 horeses? and three humans right. that should be just enough.

Anaesthesia
12-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Leoster hordes his share of the food, and before you blink, it is gone from his hand and looks disparingly at the crumbs that fell to the ground.

Tomsa nods to both you and Cally, then speaks. "Kaidon, thank you for coming, unfortuantely under terrible circumstances. This is my colleague, Nymandus (motions to his left), we have sought for your friend, these wee hours ourselves. The tide has turned, and just a few hours ago, the guards have moved Ota from the prison, down to the dungeon under the arena and is heavily guarded-the most guards I have seen yet. To tell you the truth, getting him out of there will be hard. We will have to fight to the death, now. Only the gods will know how this will come to an end. We would need to enter ourselves into the arena, and we could use anyone we could get. As we don't have many fighters and wizards on hand, do you or your friends have any relations with temples, guilds or other organizations?"

The Wandering Bard
12-12-2007, 08:28 PM
We may have affiliations with a temple or two (depending on cally, We might be able to access Valkies temple, but I don't even know if Bahamut has temples?)

the thieves guild maybe, but they can be a little shady, the elves, we havn't even considered them and one in our party has a close affiliation with them (Omiran, being trained by elves, if i recall.)

as to our disposal, we have several that can handle themselves in combat, a cleric, and a duskblade. I myself am handy with the blade as well as an assortment of other tasks.

so what do you think you can contribute? can the town contribute guards? militia? or mercanaries if we promise that what they take is theres to keep?

Anaesthesia
12-13-2007, 02:56 PM
"Lord Marven is recruiting members of his college, Watchers of the Coming Sunset, which should be here in several days-there will be 75 lower ranked members, and several higher ranking members. Aside from them, we hold an alliance with The Knight Protectors and the temples of Heironious, Pelor, and Bahamut. The Knights can help, but they hold only 40 members. The temples have lended several of their clerics, as well as their temples, if we shall need it. In addition, 4 monks and 10 fighters who call alleigence to any of our allied temples have stepped forward in our effort. We have a staff of 4 wizards, that are at the ready, also."

Valkier Silverwing
12-13-2007, 07:40 PM
The priest continues resting.... ;)

The Mistwalker
12-14-2007, 06:06 PM
(well bard, no fear you have assumed correctly. Omiran was trained as a diskblade by the elves. we seem to have missed them.....I my have some pull with the elves, but that would be at the DM's control as to how much.)

Omiran walks over near the fire. sitting down, he crosses his legs, and begins an eerie chant. his eyes close and he seems to relax visably as he chants. the deep resonating voice lowers to a soft chant as to not disturb his companions.

Ribe
12-15-2007, 08:10 AM
Dreaden stretches his long arms as if to include the whole group.

"My friends I also have some influence with the druids in these parts. Though I don't know if we have enough time to contact them. We do tend to be a wondering sort." Stoking his beard he stares off in thought.

Occ: Up to Dm if they are within reach.

headeast76
12-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Shay who has been sitting quietly observing the whole thing softly says "I might have some contacts I could reach in the city it just depends on who i can reach in time" (Ooc DM am i able to get ahold of the local thieves guild?)

Anaesthesia
12-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Draeden- the nearest your guild is to Mustifon, is outside the elven village of Kalula, they have set up a temple and adjoining grove to Ehlonna on the outskirts there.

Shay-The local theives guild runs out of the Olidammara temple in Mustifon, which is located in the Temple Row section of the city.

essyx
12-16-2007, 12:44 PM
We may have affiliations with a temple or two (depending on Cally, we might be able to access Valkies temple, but I don't even know if Bahamut has temples?)

The thieves guild maybe, but they can be a little shady; the elves, we havn't even considered them, and one in our party has a close affiliation with them (Omiran, being trained by elves, if i recall.)

As to our disposal, we have several that can handle themselves in combat; a cleric, and a duskblade. I myself am handy with the blade, as well as an assortment of other tasks.

So what do you think you can contribute? Can the town contribute guards? Militia? Or mercanaries, if we promise that what they take is their's to keep?

Hemming a bit at this, she waits until their conversation winds down a bit, then adds in quietly.

"As I have had little connection to the Temples around here, I have very little influence in these parts." Thinking for a moment, she continues. "I know that my own temple will probably allow for healing, as it is a just thing to do, but they seem to put themselves in harms way, little. However, those who are aligned with light, and a little more, shall we say, active in the pursuit of evildoers, will likely have a few hotheads that they will happily loan us, and their shoulder-strength for this upcoming battle. I would expect even a few of their generals might want in, if ust to keep our bloodshed to a minimum. I will happily (re:she's grimacing at this point) do the reconnoiter thing with the upper echelons, instead of wading in a doing Justice myself (yes, you hear the capital J) if no one else is of necessary standing."

Standing up, she stretches, then walks around, looking at the encampment, trying to figure out just how much to unpack from her spirit steed. As she walks away, she looks over her shoulders. "Kaidon, I'd be happy to have the same watch as usual, if you'd like."

The Wandering Bard
12-16-2007, 07:26 PM
The bard makes a wide and sweeping bow to the Paladin as she leaves the room. In his mind he focuses on Cally
"as every dear Cally, you have left quite the impression on our hosts, my thanks for your thoughts." there is no sarcasm in the bards voice.

He hears the others replies on their affliations respected locations, and thinks to them. that any aid would be beneficial. and thinking to Dreaden, that the elves might be willing to help as well, due to the druids and Omiran's support.

He suddenly feels an urge to rejoin the others. the party has been apart to long already and they have much to do in preperation.

"Mylords, I humbly thank you for your aid. we will need a little time to gather our resources, I am sure you understand. How long will it take you to pool all of yours?"

Diplomacy roll=9+7=16

Kadion reaches down, and pulls out the small ferret that lives in his satchel. Holding the small creature he feeds it a bit of meat from his pack.

Kadion thinks to the others. "lady, and gentlemen we maybe leaving quickly to find the others and gather those who will aid us, can we have our gear ready to leave?"

(using this as a way to suggest a new plan, that we meet the others and find allies.)

Anaesthesia
12-17-2007, 05:54 PM
"That should be fine. We will wait here, as it is best to stay out of harms way to stragtegize. The Knights will be here by tonight and the Watchers, at the best, should be here shortly after tomorrow's evening meal. Our other warriors, the fighters and the monks can be summoned by tonight."

The Wandering Bard
12-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Kadion walks from the tent, back to where the others were at.

well, every one will be gathered here by tomorrow night. should we split up to gather help? if so I think we should send Dreaden to the druids, pinch and I after the Others. our halfling friend should contact the thieves, cally the clerics, i would suggest traveling together as both temples should be in the same area (I hope). does every one agree? (sorry Kadion can be chatty at times :) )

Ribe
12-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Kadion walks from the tent, back to where the others were at.

well, every one will be gathered here by tomorrow night. should we split up to gather help? if so I think we should send Dreaden to the druids, pinch and I after the Others. our halfling friend should contact the thieves, cally the clerics, i would suggest traveling together as both temples should be in the same area (I hope). does every one agree? (sorry Kadion can be chatty at times :) )

No Problem.

Dreaden thinks to himself on how long it would take to get to his grove.

Anaesthesia
12-17-2007, 08:22 PM
No Problem.

Dreaden thinks to himself on how long it would take to get to his grove.

((ooc-Hope you saw my PM, but will reiterate here))

Your guild's grove is outside Kalula, in a small area called Luwelet. It can be reached within a few hours and you can come back to the camp area around nightfall. The head of this guild is an elf, named Zahi.

Ribe
12-18-2007, 12:49 PM
((ooc-Hope you saw my PM, but will reiterate here))

Your guild's grove is outside Kalula, in a small area called Luwelet. It can be reached within a few hours and you can come back to the camp area around nightfall. The head of this guild is an elf, named Zahi.

"My friends I can fly to Kalula and back by night fall. Since it seems that we can use all the help we can get I will go do that enless there is some reason why you think I should not?"

Waiting for the though of go ahead and go Dreaden turns to bird form and flys off high amongst the clouds and lands in the small area called Luwelet.

Anaesthesia
12-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Draeden, when you land, you see a few of your fellow guild members gathered there some with animal companions, others in clerical garb, and they seem to be very worried.

headeast76
12-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Shay ponders a moment figuring out how long it would take him to ride to the guild and get back.....(Ooc: DM how long if midnight travels 50 feet every round how long?) then gets some water out and waters his companion, afterwards he straps up the riding saddle and mounts up and whispers into midnight's ear before sitting back up and saying only one thing quietly to the rest of the group...."Don't wait up, I'll let midnight track you so you can join up with the others" With that Midnight sniffs each persons feet and bounds off at a dead run.

essyx
12-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Kadion walks from the tent, back to where the others were at.

well, every one will be gathered here by tomorrow night. should we split up to gather help? if so I think we should send Dreaden to the druids, pinch and I after the Others. our halfling friend should contact the thieves, cally the clerics, i would suggest traveling together as both temples should be in the same area (I hope). does every one agree? (sorry Kadion can be chatty at times :) )

Nodding her assent to this plan, she stops considering unloading her steed, and instead starts walking him around, to warm him up, as if he was a flesh and bone steed.

Ribe
12-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Draeden, when you land, you see a few of your fellow guild members gathered there some with animal companions, others in clerical garb, and they seem to be very worried.

Dreaden circles the are with his white and golden wings and lands 10 feet away from the group and starts to shimmer with golden white light.

His from stretches upward and sideways until Dreaden's form is complete.

"What is wrong my friends? (Pause for response When suitable say each line)


Is it the news from the arena or something else? (pause wait)

I know of some kidnapping and have come to unlist your aid."

Anaesthesia
12-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Shay-you will be able to reach the temple doors within the hour.

Drae- They tell you that several of the guild's initates have been missing for several days; and the guild's food stores and planting areas have been robbed. Those who have been sent to investigate an evil presence in the area have been found dead. Zahi and the elder clerics speculate all this has stemmed from a blue dragon shaman's arena and his minions.

essyx
12-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Cally, watching Drae fly up into the sky, nods at Kaidon, and mounts her steed again.

"I'll head back to Temple Row in town, and check with the other Clerics-in-charge. See if any of them want in on this one. Hopefully, we can get a good following."

Looking at Amarilla, she adds, "See if you can get any subversives from our temple's sister church. I'm not sure if you'll find any there, but you might get a few good leads on town rowdies who went there looking for Justice from the Gladatorial Issues just outside of town. It looks like, however, that they weren't really handing out Justice outside of there venue, though." (Sighing)

Mumbling under her breath..."Hope this doesn't lead to a debreifing at my home temple. Man are those painful."

The Wandering Bard
12-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Kadion nods at the others, as they leave. His smile widens. yes, they were going to accomplish something after all.

"Come Pinch, its time for us to find our friends."

(DM, Kadion will drive the wagon. Ride check 7+5=13....one last thing, would you be so kind as to let me know if Kadion notes the Chained creature off the path? thanks

Search=8+3=11
spot=9+3=12
listen=11+1=12

Anaesthesia
12-20-2007, 05:04 PM
"No problem", Amarilla says and starts off to the sister church.

"Great. What friends?" Pinch says as he approaches the wagon. When he climbs up and sits near you, he reaches into his pocket, and takes a piece of parchment out of his pouch. "I found this," he says. "What does it say?" (Chained creature would be more northerly to you)

Ribe
12-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Shay-you will be able to reach the temple doors within the hour.

Drae- They tell you that several of the guild's initates have been missing for several days; and the guild's food stores and planting areas have been robbed. Those who have been sent to investigate an evil presence in the area have been found dead. Zahi and the elder clerics speculate all this has stemmed from a blue dragon shaman's arena and his minions.

Bowing to the elders and Zahi Dreaden says" I know where this arena is and am currently with a group that is heading the attack on this arena and my love Cally whom I believe I have spoke before has enlisted aid from the clerics and faithful of her calling and I was looking to do the same with our group.

(Pause) If I find any info of the food or our initates I will help them and get the food to you. Is there some you could send with me or meet me at the arena area?"

Ribe
12-20-2007, 07:51 PM
"No problem", Amarilla says and starts off to the sister church.

"Great. What friends?" Pinch says as he approaches the wagon. When he climbs up and sits near you, he reaches into his pocket, and takes a piece of parchment out of his pouch. "I found this," he says. "What does it say?" (Chained creature would be more northerly to you)

Kadion and pinch notice the white wolf sniff the wagon shake its head hung low looking to the sky and jumps up into the back sniffing the back of Kadion's head in greating.

After a moment or two it curles up and goes to sleep in the back of the wagon.

Zane
12-21-2007, 12:25 AM
Ashkore keeps his eyes open, alert to their surroundings as the priest rests and the large construct does his meditation. Liani also remains awake, but lays on the ground in the middle of a sunbeam, resting a little after her long flight.

The Wandering Bard
12-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Here pinch let me see that.

Kadion reads the note, if its magical he will cast read magic.

Detect trap=8+2=10 (crude need more theif skills.)

Knowledge arcanca=15+7=22 (detecting magical writings and such for glyph and ward traps.)

Kadion acknowledges the wolfs presence with a tussle of the wolfs ears and a few scratchs as well. Setting down his hip bag, the small ferret crawls out and curls up on the seat with Pinch and Kadion (who will constantly check on the ferrets presence and not in Pinchs pockets.)

Anaesthesia
12-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Draeden- An elder speaks, saying, "The only thing we could hope to get back, is a portion of our stores, and seeds to replenish the fields. We ask you to find our friends, it is of uptmost priority; as they are believed to be held at the arena. We have decided beforehand, to send along Tamana, druidess; and Mala, an apprenctice cleric to the guild. "

At Tamana's side is a cheetah.

There is no discernable trap, magic or otherwise. The notice, at top is written in common, in a fanciful script; and below it is a draconic message.

It says:
Spellflinger's Challenge!
Those who dare enter the arena and fight, enter at your own risk!

Rules as follows:
-Spellcasters only-no fighters
-No weapons allowed
-Events are single or teamed.

Go against dreaded montsers, fearsome animals and prisoners!

Win money, and magic, if you live...

Pinch tries to pat the wolf on the head, but cannot reach from his perch on the wagon.

The Mistwalker
12-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Omirans chant ends and he pulls out his sword. Reaching into his pack, he pulls out a wett stone and begins to sharpen its blade.

"any of you gents, want me to clean your blades?"

Ribe
12-23-2007, 05:42 PM
[quote=Anaesthesia;15460]Draeden- An elder speaks, saying, "The only thing we could hope to get back, is a portion of our stores, and seeds to replenish the fields. We ask you to find our friends, it is of uptmost priority; as they are believed to be held at the arena. We have decided beforehand, to send along Tamana, druidess; and Mala, an apprenctice cleric to the guild. "


"I will be on my way then. Rest assured we will find our friends and we will find the seeds to sow the fields. Is there anyone else who may help?"

The Wandering Bard
12-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Kadion urges the horses on, knowing that time is short.

OOC: I figure I still have the second prisonner in the wagon, still bound and in much pain.

Anaesthesia
12-23-2007, 09:30 PM
(Yep still with you and in pain, on the brink of unconciousness)

Kaidon (and Pinch), Cally, Amarilla, and Shay-you all approach Mustifon, and as you approach there are people milling about the streets. You see signs pointing towards Temple Row, and other areas in the city.

Draeden- The elder says, "I will appoint several druids, if you shall need it, or if you'd much prefer hand picking them."

essyx
12-26-2007, 12:05 PM
(Yep still with you and in pain, on the brink of unconciousness)

Kaidon (and Pinch), Cally, Amarilla, and Shay-you all approach Mustifon, and as you approach there are people milling about the streets. You see signs pointing towards Temple Row, and other areas in the city.

Cally, dismounting, checks the unconcious man's restaints, making sure that he's still secure, also putting bindings around his mouth, so that he won't interrupt in case he does wake up while she's talking to the others.

Approaching the people milling about, she watches from one side for a moment or two, before snatching an arm friendly-like, and smiles at the person whom she's just decided to en****er.

"Hello. I was wondering, what's going on here? And does it have anything to do with either the Temples, or with the Arena just a bit outside of town?"

Anaesthesia
12-26-2007, 04:10 PM
"There's a big event going on at the arena today," says one. "Temples over that way" *points towards your right*

headeast76
12-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Shay continues thru the crowd of people in search of the shady side of town in which he knows he can get in touch with the guild. Hopefully it will be before everyone even notices he's gone.

essyx
12-27-2007, 10:52 AM
"There's a big event going on at the arena today," says one. "Temples over that way" *points towards your right*

Nodding her thanks, she releases their arm and slips through the crowd as best as she can, towards the Temples.

(Looking for a Temple of Good that I recognize, besides my own. Preferably, one that arbors fighters, and possibly justice-bearers.)

Anaesthesia
12-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Cally, you see in one section, a series of temples that may be able to help (left to right): a temple of Pelor, Kord, Heironious, Bahamut and St. Cuthbert.

Shay-you reach the temple of Olidamarra.

headeast76
12-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Shay peers around himself constantly while slipping around the side door rapping his knuckles three times softly...then twice more in a quick pattern...

Valkier Silverwing
12-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Valkier will kneel and perform his daily prayers at dawn. and if needed he will also cast create food and water again.

essyx
12-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Cally, you see in one section, a series of temples that may be able to help (left to right): a temple of Pelor, Kord, Heironious, Bahamut and St. Cuthbert.

I enter each one (minus Heironeous, that one being the one Amarilla is going into,) and look about for someone seemingly in charge.

The Wandering Bard
12-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Sorry, im a little confused. Did Kadion and Pinch go for Ashkore and the others, or did they travel with Cally and Shay?

Anaesthesia
12-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry, im a little confused. Did Kadion and Pinch go for Ashkore and the others, or did they travel with Cally and Shay?


OOC: My bad. I forgot which way you were headed. For some reason I thought you were going towards Mustifon (I totally forgotten your post that you were headed towards the others). http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ashamed001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) Forgive DM?

~~~~~~~~~~~
Kaidon and Pinch come to a forested area, with a clearing up ahead which has tents and several people here.

Omiran, and Valkier (also whoever is awake), you notice 2 figures on a drawn wagon approaching.

Cally, you note that Amarilla goes into Heironious' temple, as you enter the first temple, the one of Pelor. The minor clerics bring you to a higher clerc, a halfling, by the name of Ferna.

Shay, the door opens slits so you can only see the eyes of the person behind the door. "What say you? What is the hidden, and secret word?"

headeast76
12-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Shay looks up and says "My enemies's enemies are my friends" ......Knowing that is the secret password for all the temples

essyx
12-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Cally, you note that Amarilla goes into Heironious' temple, as you enter the first temple, the one of Pelor. The minor clerics bring you to a higher clerc, a halfling, by the name of Ferna.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Ooc: for upcoming
Diplomacy=4 + (d20=16) = 20
Know/Religion=7+(d20=11) = 18

Giving a half-bow, as is appropriate, she greets the cleric halfling in front of her, and give a quick synopsis of the situation.

"If there is aynone whom you think would prefer to join us, or whom you think would benefit from taking part, please let them do so. Every and and heart we can add to the will only help us fight this Unjustice." Smiling a bit wryly, she continues.

"I am also going to be visiting all the other Goodly churches. If you find that you have a way to contact the others, and wish to spread the word, I will have nop problems with this."

Anaesthesia
12-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Ooc: for upcoming
Diplomacy=4 + (d20=16) = 20
Know/Religion=7+(d20=11) = 18

Giving a half-bow, as is appropriate, she greets the cleric halfling in front of her, and give a quick synopsis of the situation.

"If there is aynone whom you think would prefer to join us, or whom you think would benefit from taking part, please let them do so. Every and and heart we can add to the will only help us fight this Unjustice." Smiling a bit wryly, she continues.

"I am also going to be visiting all the other Goodly churches. If you find that you have a way to contact the others, and wish to spread the word, I will have nop problems with this."

Ferna nods, replies "I can call an emergency meeting with the other clerics. I'll go over my list of my clerics and have them help you and your friends." Ferna calls a minor cleric, explains that an emergency meeting is to be called with all the good churches. Ferna proceeds to pull a small book out of her pocket. "We can go over the cleric roster in my study."

The Wandering Bard
12-30-2007, 03:51 PM
OOC: DM forgiven :)

Kadion rolls the wagon up to the camp slowly. But then notes that it is the rest of he party.

"hail and well meet friends." Pack your things, I will explain along the way, but momentarily we are needed else where."

Zane
12-30-2007, 11:42 PM
"Took you long enough to get here Kadion, but explain quickly if we are going to leave Ota behind." Regardless of his words, Ashkore gathers up his items - expecting that Kadion has good reason for having them leave.

essyx
01-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Ferna nods, replies "I can call an emergency meeting with the other clerics. I'll go over my list of my clerics and have them help you and your friends." Ferna calls a minor cleric, explains that an emergency meeting is to be called with all the good churches. Ferna proceeds to pull a small book out of her pocket. "We can go over the cleric roster in my study."

Nodding her acceptance of this situatin she follows Ferna into her study.

"Thank you very much for your help. I am not sure of the timing of the atack, but I believe it will be just before the first fight is likely to happen. That way, we can keep poor souls who have no choice out of the fight."

Anaesthesia
01-01-2008, 12:34 PM
"Now, let's see..." *Ferna crosses to a table and opens the book, and turns to a page* "I would imagine, you would need a paladin or two on your side. The only squad availible at the moment is Marianna's. She has two others under her, those being Volodya and Lyle. Now, clerics... one our good leaders is Hemming, he certain can lead some clerics, and Derrick, Nalinna, and Ulf can go along, also."

essyx
01-02-2008, 07:21 AM
"Now, let's see..." *Ferna crosses to a table and opens the book, and turns to a page* "I would imagine, you would need a paladin or two on your side. The only squad availible at the moment is Marianna's. She has two others under her, those being Volodya and Lyle. Now, clerics... one our good leaders is Hemming, he certain can lead some clerics, and Derrick, Nalinna, and Ulf can go along, also."

"Hmm.. now where do I know that name, Ulf..."

Know/Religion = 7+(d20=14) = 21

"I think I heard it during one of those post situation meetings back at my home temple..." Shaking off her musings, she looks Ferna in the eye. "That sounds like exactly what we need. Would you rather I wait for them here, or is there a meeting place that is comon just outside of town? I am sure I can figure out where the group is once we get going towards the Arena."

Anaesthesia
01-02-2008, 09:59 AM
"Hmm.. now where do I know that name, Ulf..."

Know/Religion = 7+(d20=14) = 21

"I think I heard it during one of those post situation meetings back at my home temple..." Shaking off her musings, she looks Ferna in the eye. "That sounds like exactly what we need. Would you rather I wait for them here, or is there a meeting place that is comon just outside of town? I am sure I can figure out where the group is once we get going towards the Arena."

"If you need to gather your group, I can hold the meeting here and have everyone wait until you get back. There is a meeting lodge not too far away, called The Sleeping Dragon. Whatever you prefer. I believe was stationed over near Crystal Mount for some time. You probably heard of him as he was a laison between the Pelor temple and the Heironious temple at Crystal Mount."

((Btw, Ulf is a dwarven cleric of Pelor what Ferna says about him is true, and had a very good relationship with your temple there.))

Valkier Silverwing
01-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Valkier is a little suprised to see the young bard again, but saddles up his stone horse and places the rest of his gear in the wagon. as he notes wounded man in the bed of the wagon.

"kadion, I don't mean to pry, but whats with the extra baggage?"

Ribe
01-03-2008, 10:48 AM
(Yep still with you and in pain, on the brink of unconciousness)

Kaidon (and Pinch), Cally, Amarilla, and Shay-you all approach Mustifon, and as you approach there are people milling about the streets. You see signs pointing towards Temple Row, and other areas in the city.

Draeden- The elder says, "I will appoint several druids, if you shall need it, or if you'd much prefer hand picking them."

"I am sure that your wisdom will be the best choice my friend. Pick away and do tell me where will we meet up?"

Occ: Sorry guys I thought I was already on my way back to you missed this question.

Anaesthesia
01-03-2008, 11:33 AM
The elder replies, "If you just wait right here, those appointed or volunteered, please step foward. I will get the others to you immediately." The elder turns to the other elders standing there, obviously discussing who else to send. Two figures approach you, both elven. The one on your right has a companion cheetah following her. She speaks, "I am Tamana, and my cheetah, Half-tail. This is my friend, Mala. It is unfortunate we meet under such circumstances."

essyx
01-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Cally, unsure as to whether the spell of thought-sharing travels this far, send out a general thought.

'I seem to have tapped a very large resevoire (sp?) of resouses here. If everyone could meet me at the Sleeping Dragon in town, I think we will be getting some decent help here.'

Turning back to the cleric, she nods her ehad in acceptance. "I will wait for my comrades in teh SleepingDragon for one hour. If they do not either contact me or find me there in that time frame, let us meet about 10 minutes up the road from this town towards the Arena, where we can gather and plan further. I do know that some of them are not quite sure as to there welcome here."

With that, she steps out of the office, and with a quick glance around, she heads over thethe afore-mentioned location.

Anaesthesia
01-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Ferna nods. As you leave Pelor's temple, you see Amarilla coming out of the Heironious temple, with some others following her.

Shay- the guard lets you in. "What is your business?" he asks as he closes the door behind the both of you.

The Mistwalker
01-03-2008, 06:06 PM
The Warforged climbs into the back of the wagon, seeing the wounded and bound man, he to chimes in.

"Bard, is this man a threat? why is he bound?"

Anaesthesia
01-03-2008, 06:27 PM
The bound man makes a groan...

The Wandering Bard
01-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Kadion looks to his companions, and explains everything that has happened since the party split apart. then comments "Well it looks as though you gents have seen a bit o' the blade as well. you look well so I assume you were the victors?"

Kadion climbs into the back of the wagon and kicks the man in the head (sorry sounds cruel but seemed nessicary.) Str check=12+1=13

Yeah this is the bloak that attacked Cally and I, he had himself a fancy gem to. it will come in quite handy later. he says with a smile. :)

essyx
01-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Ferna nods. As you leave Pelor's temple, you see Amarilla coming out of the Heironious temple, with some others following her.

Shay- the guard lets you in. "What is your business?" he asks as he closes the door behind the both of you.

"Ferna of Pelor has asked us to wait here for her, for as long as possible. We are gathering a few good..." Cocking her head to one side, she considers the next word. "followers of the Light."

Nodding her head at Amarilla as she enters the doorway, as soon as she gets a free moment, she go goes over to talk to her.

"How did you get that tight-fisted beaurocrat to let anyone come?"

Anaesthesia
01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
"Ferna of Pelor has asked us to wait here for her, for as long as possible. We are gathering a few good..." Cocking her head to one side, she considers the next word. "followers of the Light."

Nodding her head at Amarilla as she enters the doorway, as soon as she gets a free moment, she go goes over to talk to her.

"How did you get that tight-fisted beaurocrat to let anyone come?"

Amarilla shrugs, "I guess he has a still has a bit of sympathy in him." Motioning to the ones that followed her, "The paladins are Nour, Onal, and Bersim. The clerics are Alfis and Thordis." The Innkeep walks over to the group, "Is there anything I can get for you? Drink? Food?"

The Wandering Bard
01-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Kadion urges the horses forward. the wagon moving back towards the town.

Kadion hands the others (Minus the cleric who is on his stone horse) the note that pinch found. "here take a look at this, Omiran, might you be intrested in a little practice?" sarcasm dripping in his voice, though it is not aimed at the warforged.

Ribe
01-04-2008, 09:47 PM
The elder replies, "If you just wait right here, those appointed or volunteered, please step foward. I will get the others to you immediately." The elder turns to the other elders standing there, obviously discussing who else to send. Two figures approach you, both elven. The one on your right has a companion cheetah following her. She speaks, "I am Tamana, and my cheetah, Half-tail. This is my friend, Mala. It is unfortunate we meet under such circumstances."

"To true Tamana, I am Draeden Stormfeather.. I am honored and also wish we could have met under better cirumstances. My companion is waiting for us. What is your companion's name?"

Ribe
01-04-2008, 09:51 PM
The Warforged climbs into the back of the wagon, seeing the wounded and bound man, he to chimes in.

"Bard, is this man a threat? why is he bound?"

The white wolf sniffs the solid metal man to try and get a sent of him.
Sniffing all over to no avail the might wolf shakes its head and curls back up giving the big man more room. Sniffing a little in the corner."

essyx
01-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Amarilla shrugs, "I guess he has a still has a bit of sympathy in him." Motioning to the ones that followed her, "The paladins are Nour, Onal, and Bersim. The clerics are Alfis and Thordis." The Innkeep walks over to the group, "Is there anything I can get for you? Drink? Food?"

Looking at Amarilla, she consider for a moment.

"I'm hungry but we really need to get in contact with the group. If I leave you here to collect the others that the Cleric Ferna of Pelor is gathering for us to meet here, is that alright? I tried sending a message out, but I didn't recieve word back, so I'm not sure if anyone got it."

Looking around at the Inn, she considers what kind of group she is collecting here.

"If they all get here quickly, you can meet us about 10 minutes north of the town, towards the Arena (if North is the right direction.) I'd rather not get in trouble with the local constulary, or this generous Innkeep."

Looking at the group that Amarilla came in with, she pauses, then greets them all generally.

"I am very sorry for not greeting each of you individually. I am sure, after all is done, we can talk further. Mostly, I am worried that we will not be of much help if we can't coordinate with the others. However, I do greet you all, and am very happy to see each face here, willing to do their part for Justice."

Zane
01-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Kadion hands the others the note that pinch found. "here take a look at this"
Kadion looks to his companions, and explains everything that has happened since the party split apart. then comments "Well it looks as though you gents have seen a bit o' the blade as well. you look well so I assume you were the victors?"

Kadion climbs into the back of the wagon and kicks the man in the head...Yeah this is the bloak that attacked Cally and I
"There were small skirmishes; a pair of creatures that foolishly tried to prevent Liani's return to us and another tiny blue that proclaimed our doom - but is now dead instead." Ashkore leads Leoster to the wagon as he moves, not ready to let the man go yet. Ashkore pauses upon seeing the man that attacked them at the pub.

"So, it seemed to not matter that I wasn't seen in town after all." Ashkore walks around to the back where the captive is at and grabs the man by the front of his shirt, pulling the man a little closer so he can see the attacker's face well.

Liani flies over from where she was laying, but remains hovering over the wagon and Ashkore for now.

((OOC: Do I recognize the man? I'm not bothering to roll, your decision as to whether it is a local I recognize or not. Of course, if you want a roll, I will.

Also, I don't recall and can't seem to find this note WB mentioned that pinch found. Remind us of what it says, please. :-) ))

headeast76
01-05-2008, 03:29 AM
My business is theres an attack coming upon this city and I need all the people you can spare to protect the integrity of the flow of goods and gold to this city or we might all become homeless at best and at worst dead.
Ferna nods. As you leave Pelor's temple, you see Amarilla coming out of the Heironious temple, with some others following her.

Shay- the guard lets you in. "What is your business?" he asks as he closes the door behind the both of you.

Anaesthesia
01-05-2008, 02:14 PM
((OOC: Do I recognize the man? I'm not bothering to roll, your decision as to whether it is a local I recognize or not. Of course, if you want a roll, I will.

Also, I don't recall and can't seem to find this note WB mentioned that pinch found. Remind us of what it says, please. :-) ))

The note as follows:
Spellflinger's Challenge!
Those who dare enter the arena and fight, enter at your own risk!

Rules as follows:
-Spellcasters only-no fighters
-No weapons allowed
-Events are single or teamed.

Go against dreaded montsers, fearsome animals and prisoners!

Win money, and magic, if you live...


Ashkore, you do recognize the man, when you lived in Mustifon. He was known for going around inns, taverns, temples, claiming wild and radical ideas revolving around a Blue Dragon. Usually he would be found in front of such places, telling whoever would listen about his ideas. He was brushed off at first, for just being crazy and mostly harmless, then slowly over the following weeks, when the crowds started to ignore him and go on their own way, he'd become violent, and authorities were called in at that point. He made is way in and out of different jails, and several times he escaped with the aid of others.


My business is theres an attack coming upon this city and I need all the people you can spare to protect the integrity of the flow of goods and gold to this city or we might all become homeless at best and at worst dead.

The guard looks at you supsiciously. "You talk of the one with the alliegence to the Blues? Hey, Mugs, take 'im up the chief." A human, approaches you, quickly, and motions you to follow him. You are lead through a series of hallways and stairs, and finally, Mugs approaches a door. He knocks in a pattern, then the door opens. He motions you to go inside. Once inside, the door closes behind you. A servant of some sort stands near the door. You notice the room is dimly lit, somewhat dingy, with pillows, furnishings, and other loot strewn about the room. A human is in the center of all this, lounging. "I've had my men watching you. They tell me you're doing good. However, let's get down to the real business. You are going against the Dark Brigade, and need my help, no?"

The Wandering Bard
01-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Kadion continues to urge the horse forward.

"we need to reach the camps before tonight, in order to make a good impression. they will have most of the others gathered by then. Omiran, Dreaden is talking with the Druids, though I don't know if he has found the elves, my message spells distance is very limited. and Valkier, Cally and her friend have gone to the churches for aid, i assume she will stop at yours as well. Our new companion is searching for aid from his guild, I suspect that we will need them as well."

"Ashkore, if a Blue shows up, will your mentors be able to provide aid? we could hunker down and wait in the arena if need be." "oh and Fiddo here is Dreadens companion, hes bee sleeping for most of the trip, i guess I forgot to introduce you to him. (sorry Drea, couldn't remember your companions name.)

Anaesthesia
01-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Cally, as soon as the innkeep finishes his question, the door opens, and clerics, paladins and others walk in. You see Ferna, and spots you.

essyx
01-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Cally, as soon as the innkeep finishes his question, the door opens, and clerics, paladins and others walk in. You see Ferna, and spots you.

Quickly Hurrying over to Ferna, she earnestly and graciously shakes her hand, then does the most courlt bow anyone has ever seen her do (which not many here have.)

"Thank you all for coming."she says to the newcome crowd. Catching the eye of Amarilla, she motions for her and her crew to approach. "We haven't got much time, I'm afraid. I'm not quite sure as to when the rest of the group going to right the UnJustice of the Arean outside of these walls is leaving, so I really hope to get back to the base camp before they leave. I am sure I will be getting to know each of you very well in the next few days."

Looking at Ferna, her eyes full of gratitude, she speaks to her directly. "I am sure that your own beliefs are that any Evil should be stomped out. However, if you are more needed here than with us, I believe that you would be better off planning to help with the relief effort here. However, as you are not from my own God's Temple, I have little say in what you do, here or later. I just wish to thank you, from the bottom of my heart."

Turning to the Innkeep. "Thank you for bearing up with us sword-ready louts. We shall be getting out of your way immediately."

Walking out, and allowing the others to follow her towards the open place near the gate back to camp, she quickly outlines what's been happening, and how things are organized.

"I am certain we will need everyone who is here's help in the coming days. If there is anything you wish to get before we leave, please do so now. I can wait until about an hour before sunset to leave here, I hope." She looks earnestly and eagerly into each persons eyes, cleric and paladin alike. "We are going to be trying to do what others before us have yet to succeed in. Stomping out the Evil that is the Arena. To never allow it to crop up again... at least in this area. For peoples to be stolen, forced to fight to the death in a menaingless battle, or, even worse, as a sacrifice to an unknown Evil God, is one of the worst kind of UnJustice to be had."

Again, bowing to the assembled crowd, she motions to Amarilla again.

"If you wish to gather a few things for this trip, go ahead. I can hold the fort here. Perhaps it might be prudent to pick up an extra healing potion or two, if such can be found in this town."

Gracious Bow Roll= (d20=17) +1(dex) = 18

Oratory Roll = (d20=14) + 4(cha) = 18

Dex - (12) +1
Wis - (15) +2
Cha - (18) +4

Knowledge (Religion) 7 +(d20=10) = 17
Knowledge (Nobility) 2 + (d20=8) = 10
Sense Motive 3 + (d20=9) = 12

Anaesthesia
01-06-2008, 07:44 PM
"If you wish to gather a few things for this trip, go ahead. I can hold the fort here. Perhaps it might be prudent to pick up an extra healing potion or two, if such can be found in this town."

"Sure. I'll hurry back." Amarilla says, and goes on her way.

"Lady Ferna has prepared us for what is up ahead, we are happy to help you," one human says. "I am Hemming, cleric of Pelor."

The group identifies themselves as the following:
Paladins of Pelor (To Hemming's right)-Marianna, Lyle, and Volodya
Clerics of Pelor-(Hemming), Ulf, Nalinna, and Derrick
Fighters of Kord-Stein, and Anora
Clerics of Kord-Oor, and Lauclin
Monks of St. Cuthbert-Evanna and Pina
Clerics of St. Cuthbert-Iria and Carminda
Fighters of Bahamut-Yruk, Azorth and Nuade
Clerics of Bahamut-Tatiana, and Majah

Ribe
01-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Kadion continues to urge the horse forward.

(sorry Drea, couldn't remember your companions name.)

Occ: No problem here is a reminder when I was writing a little better. :)


this is my companion breathless watermoon.

That is the best translation that I can describe the name he calls himself. In his language it is something like a still surface of a pond reflecting a blue moon across icy water with fog surrounding hills. Sadly I found him in that beautiful picturesque environmentafter his pack was destroyed. He was just a pup.

Anaesthesia
01-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Amarilla shrugs, "I guess he has a still has a bit of sympathy in him." Motioning to the ones that followed her, "The paladins are Nour, Onal, and Bersim. The clerics are Alfis and Thordis." The Innkeep walks over to the group, "Is there anything I can get for you? Drink? Food?"


((refresher for essyx))

The Mistwalker
01-07-2008, 06:36 PM
The Warforged looks to the Kadion and Ashkore.

"I am but a simple soldier so please excuse my next words if they seem some what harsh. You have this man tied in the wagon, he has been described as a fanatic of sorts, To have attacked you all in a pulic place would be to sa that he will never change his ways for he is to deep in his beliefs. therefore I can only see one way to be rid of the problem. Leoster was able to rehabilitate to a degree, this one here will not. I suggest the creature we passed on our way here. It needs to eat to live, we need to be rid of this man, none of us seem to want to kill him our selves, though I will do it if none of you will. I am just proposing a solution, i am how you say completely neutral in this matter."

having said his peace the warforged goes on observing their surroundings.

spot check=12

essyx
01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
OOC:

As soon as Amarilla is back from shopping (if she needs more monies, I will be happy to give her about 35GP,) I'll probably ask her to gather any others inside the inn, then we will go back towarsds where I left Kaidon last.

Anaesthesia
01-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Amarilla comes back with several potions. She has bought 2 Cure Light wounds, and 1 Cure Moderate wounds.

Omiran, you note the surrounding area is mostly forested, with occasional grassy knolls. There is a well-beaten dirth path in front of you.

headeast76
01-08-2008, 07:41 PM
My business is theres an attack coming upon this city and I need all the people you can spare to protect the integrity of the flow of goods and gold to this city or we might all become homeless at best and at worst dead.

Yes thats what i'm saying.... Me and the people i'm currently with need your help, if you can spare anyone that is.

Anaesthesia
01-08-2008, 08:28 PM
The guildmaster nods. "I'll allow you to take Tenderfoot, Gearjam, and Sorte." He calls another underling, and in mintues the three appear.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Draeden, as you are waiting near the temple, two figures approach. The dwarf introduces himself as Askar, the human, Parmah.

Zane
01-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Ashkore keeps his glare on the man from Mustifon, his anger at the man obvious in his eyes. Nonetheless, he responds to Kadion's inquiry, "I can send them a message, whether they show or not I can not say." Once Omiran makes his suggestion, Ashkore smiles slightly at the bound and gagged man, "That might not be a bad idea, after all - every creature needs to eat." Ashkore just watches the man for a moment, studying him to see how he responds to Omiran's suggestion.

((OOC: Ashkore's next move depends on the man's reaction, so there is more coming soon.))

Anaesthesia
01-09-2008, 06:23 PM
*the man is still unconcious from Kadion's hit*

Ribe
01-09-2008, 07:47 PM
The guildmaster nods. "I'll allow you to take Tenderfoot, Gearjam, and Sorte." He calls another underling, and in mintues the three appear.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Draeden, as you are waiting near the temple, two figures approach. The dwarf introduces himself as Askar, the human, Parmah.

"It is a pleasure to meet you my friends Askar and Parmah. As you know my name is Dreaden. Do you know if more are coming?"

Anaesthesia
01-09-2008, 09:19 PM
"It is a pleasure to meet you my friends Askar and Parmah. As you know my name is Dreaden. Do you know if more are coming?"

Parmah smiles, replies "Only Delmosa is left. She is coming out of the temple now." Parmah waves Delmosa over to the group. "It seems now we are all here. Which way now?"

Valkier Silverwing
01-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Valkier nods at the omirans suggestion. "I can't think of a more fitting punishment. I see nothing wrong with the mans demise, My god has commanded me to destroy the hands of Tiamat and he is one of them"

Ribe
01-10-2008, 07:46 AM
Parmah smiles, replies "Only Delmosa is left. She is coming out of the temple now." Parmah waves Delmosa over to the group. "It seems now we are all here. Which way now?"

"This way if you please. Can you all change into wild shapes to go faster or have horses?"

"I could use a horse myself since I am don changing for the day."

Leading them back the way he has come.

You can fast forward till we get into town if there is no trouble.

I will be looking around to see if there is anything coming our way.

Spot rolled 18+12= 30

Zane
01-10-2008, 10:00 AM
*the man is still unconcious from Kadion's hit*
"Although I have no problem with Omiran's suggestion - there is one fact to consider. It is obvious that he has had help in the past in escaping prison, and I want to find out who helped him. So, we give him a chance to talk first. If he doesn't cooperate, then we don't fuss with him anymore. If he does, we can just turn him over to others."

Anaesthesia
01-10-2008, 01:41 PM
"This way if you please. Can you all change into wild shapes to go faster or have horses?"

"I could use a horse myself since I am don changing for the day."

Leading them back the way he has come.

You can fast forward till we get into town if there is no trouble.

I will be looking around to see if there is anything coming our way.

Spot rolled 18+12= 30


"I would think it best we save our spells to be prepared for what is ahead. I can round up a few horses for us." Parmah says quickly. Minutes later he and several others bring horses to the party. As you move along, you don't spot any trouble, the short distance to Mustifon. As you come up to Mustifon, you note a sign pointing out different areas of interest.

Cally, Amarilla cannot find anyone else to join the cause. Everyone she talked to is wary or scared Iellon's wrath, if the fight should fail.

OOC:So far I am hearing 2 votes(Omiran, Valkier) for the demise of the prisoner, 1 vote for hearing him out (Ashkore), Pinch is indifferent.

Zane
01-10-2008, 05:13 PM
OOC:So far I am hearing 2 votes(Omiran, Valkier) for the demise of the prisoner, 1 vote for hearing him out (Ashkore), Pinch is indifferent.
((OOC: Since when did Ashkore say there could be a vote on this? He has spoken - that is the way it is. :p))

Anaesthesia
01-10-2008, 05:20 PM
((OOC: Since when did Ashkore say there could be a vote on this? He has spoken - that is the way it is. :p))

OOC: http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing020.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) There goes the entire idea of Party Democracy...

essyx
01-10-2008, 07:42 PM
OOC:

As soon as Amarilla is back from shopping, then we will go back towards where I left Kaidon last.
Then, as above...

The Wandering Bard
01-10-2008, 08:48 PM
OOC: WOW Miss a little miss a lot ;)

Kadion smiles grimly at the unconsciense man. "Yes, i like that well maybe not like, but it seems like a fair fate. I concur."

OOC: I apologize to all for my lag in posting, my computer was hacked last week and my computer locked up for protection. I have only recenty reestablish network communications. sorry again.

Anaesthesia
01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Kaidon- you can see Mustifon in the distance.

Cally, some of the group wants to get horses to follow.

Zane
01-11-2008, 12:39 PM
As the group travels, Ashkore quickly scribbles out a short note and rolls up the paper, tying it up with a strand of his hair. He then grabs the brazened feather that he has worn on the front of his dark green cloak, and plucks it off. He quickly mutters "Austrat," and the feather transforms into a small bird. Ashkore ties the note to the bird's leg and tells it, "Okarthel" before releasing it into the sky. The bird circles once, then flies off to the east (if I got my directions right), quickly out of sight. Looking to Kadion, Ashkore simply says, "I said I would ask my mentors, we will have to wait and see if and how they respond."

The Wandering Bard
01-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks, if the dark brigade is as strong a presence in this area and we have seen the younger offspring of the blues, i would rather not chance it. I have heard and seen the destruction that a single dragon can produce and though I don't doubt our skills I would rather not chance an encounter. even more so in an enemy stronghold. The young man smiles, knowing it must have been a little hard for the man to ask for assistance from those he is trying to impress.

essyx
01-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Cally, some of the group wants to get horses to follow.

At the stable, where my Ghost Steed has been patiently waiting for me, I look for the Stable-master, to see if there are any horses for hire, and possibly a wagon as well.

Anaesthesia
01-11-2008, 06:14 PM
The Stablemaster has a cart and a wagon for hire; and several mules and donkeys, 5 horses and 3 ponies for hire as well.

OOC-The Paldins of Pelor and Heironious would have their own mounts. There are 12 clerics, 3 fighters, and 4 Monks that would need the transportation.

Ribe
01-12-2008, 09:05 AM
"I would think it best we save our spells to be prepared for what is ahead. I can round up a few horses for us." Parmah says quickly. Minutes later he and several others bring horses to the party. As you move along, you don't spot any trouble, the short distance to Mustifon. As you come up to Mustifon, you note a sign pointing out different areas of interest.

Cally, Amarilla cannot find anyone else to join the cause. Everyone she talked to is wary or scared Iellon's wrath, if the fight should fail.

OOC:So far I am hearing 2 votes(Omiran, Valkier) for the demise of the prisoner, 1 vote for hearing him out (Ashkore), Pinch is indifferent.

Draeden takes note of the sign and what it represents and heads out toward Cally and the group.

essyx
01-12-2008, 01:57 PM
The Stablemaster has a cart and a wagon for hire; and several mules and donkeys, 5 horses and 3 ponies for hire as well.

OOC-The Paldins of Pelor and Heironious would have their own mounts. There are 12 clerics, 3 fighters, and 4 Monks that would need the transportation.

Hmm... then I think it best to get 3 horses and 2 donkeys, the donkeys pulling the cark (for the non-riders (clerics/monks) and the 3 horses for the fighters. Thankfully, it doesn't seem like we're going on a long trip, or I'd considering emptying the stable for a train of beasties.

Looking at Amarilla, Cally considers for a moment. "Hmm.. do you think we need both the cart, and the wagon?"

Anaesthesia
01-12-2008, 04:53 PM
"Well, the wagon could certainly hold a lot."

essyx
01-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Anaesthesia http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/Greys/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17582#post17582)

OOC:So far I am hearing 2 votes(Omiran, Valkier) for the demise of the prisoner, 1 vote for hearing him out (Ashkore), Pinch is indifferent.

Yeah, Cally isn't there, so does not have a way of knowing what is going on. However, if she did, she'd vote for just keeping him unconcious. After all, it was her that he tried to hurt, not Kaidon.

essyx
01-12-2008, 04:57 PM
"Well, the wagon could certainly hold a lot."


"Yeah, my thought too. I'm just wondering if the healers will need the cart as a triage place, for any who are hurt, either rescued, or rescuer."

After a moment's thought, she shrugs.

"I guess we won't be too far away to have someone comeback quick and hire that one as well, if needed."

After paying for the 3 horses, 2 donkeys, and the wagon, she leads the.... gang? team? herd? gaggle? (lol) of Monks, Clerics, Fighters, and Paladins towards the camp that the team she was travelling with set up... where she last saw Kaidon.

essyx
01-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Along the way, Cally will make a concerted effort to get to know each of the people travelling with her, slowing down to talk to a rider or two as they travel.

Diplomacy 4 + (d20=8) =12
Knowledge (Religion) 7 + (d20=19) =26
Knowledge (Nobility) 2 + (d20=7) =9
Sense Motive 3 + (d20=19) =22

Anaesthesia
01-12-2008, 05:06 PM
(Cally for hireship of all items:100gp, the stablemaster can forward the cost to your temple in the Dwarven city.)

Cally, as you are leaving, you see Draeden and Shay in the area just outside the Temple row.

Anaesthesia
01-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Along the way, Cally will make a concerted effort to get to know each of the people travelling with her, slowing down to talk to a rider or two as they travel.

Diplomacy 4 + (d20=8) =12
Knowledge (Religion) 7 + (d20=19) =26
Knowledge (Nobility) 2 + (d20=7) =9
Sense Motive 3 + (d20=19) =22

The group is friendly to you, some seem friendly, but nervous to what is to come ahead. Several of the paladins slow their horses pace to chat with you. Onal, in particular, is the most chatty with you and Amarilla. She tells you that she is relatively new to paladin life, but is adjusting quite well. Bersim, tries to raise the moral of others around him.

The Wandering Bard
01-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Kadion see's the city in the distance and urges the horses faster. Knowing that time is short.

(Kadion will head to the meeting area, If i remember correctly thats the camp site with the master bard.)

essyx
01-12-2008, 08:30 PM
(Cally for hireship of all items:100gp, the stablemaster can forward the cost to your temple in the Dwarven city.)

Cally, as you are leaving, you see Draeden and Shay in the area just outside the Temple row.

Giving a wink to Draeden, and a nod, I keep chatting with the others.

OOC: just as an idea, what is the general range of levels for these NPCs I have collected?

Anaesthesia
01-12-2008, 08:48 PM
OOC: Mid-to-high. There are 6 that are several levels higher than the party. The rest are between 4 and 7.

~~~~~~
Kaidon, you go faster, you see the bard's camp, slightly to your left, there are several makeshift tents and the smoke from campfires.

Cally & group, you are reaching the outskirts of Mustifon.

headeast76
01-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Shay falls in behind cally and her chit chatting friends and just keeps to the task of keeping our surroundings safe by directing the other rouges to spread out in a fan that way we can cover more space especially in mustifons outskirts Spot check (1d20+10-13+10 = 23) Search check (1d20+13-
15+13 = 28) Listen check (1d20+10-17+10 = 27)

essyx
01-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Shay falls in behind cally and her chit chatting friends and just keeps to the task of keeping our surroundings safe by directing the other rouges to spread out in a fan that way we can cover more space especially in mustifons outskirts Spot check (1d20+10-13+10 = 23) Search check (1d20+13-
15+13 = 28) Listen check (1d20+10-17+10 = 27)


Noticing Shay, she wavs hello. After a momnet of seeing what he's doing, she agrees with his plan.

Kneeing her steed a bit further up the line, she motions for a couple of the monks to approach her, and, in her most polite way possible, asks them to get together with the other monks and do scouting forays into the woods ahead and to either side of the enlarging group.

Anaesthesia
01-13-2008, 12:04 PM
The rogues fan out, as they do so, Shay, you see smoke rising above the treetops.

The monks nod, and go up ahead. One of the monks shouts over to you that there is a campsite not too far away.

essyx
01-13-2008, 06:16 PM
The rogues fan out, as they do so, Shay, you see smoke rising above the treetops.

The monks nod, and go up ahead. One of the monks shouts over to you that there is a campsite not too far away.

OOC: I assume this was where I was headed anyways?

Anaesthesia
01-13-2008, 06:22 PM
OOC: I assume this was where I was headed anyways?

Yep.

The Wandering Bard
01-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Spot check to notice the others

9+3=12 (Crude)

Ribe
01-14-2008, 08:54 AM
(Cally for hireship of all items:100gp, the stablemaster can forward the cost to your temple in the Dwarven city.)

Cally, as you are leaving, you see Draeden and Shay in the area just outside the Temple row.

Giving a wink to Draeden, and a nod, I keep chatting with the others.

OOC: just as an idea, what is the general range of levels for these NPCs I have collected?

Draeden winks back at Cally lovingly and continues to talk with his group trying to learn about them.
Seeing Cally's Leadership Dreaden tries to mimic it as he talks.

Diplomacy rolled 9+0=

Obviously not good in this arena he continues just to get to know his comrades and talks about his skills as an Herbalist.
Herbalist roll rolled 7 +8= 15.

Seeing if any of the group want to learn more on healing or know more then him.
Rolled 8+4 =12 for healing.

"This seams to be a great season for Bilberry, flax seed, and cowslip. These fresh herbs help the mind and the breath for those who are coughing and not full of speech. What do you find makes the best infusion for these illnesses? ( Occ: note Craft Infusion Draeden will be showing them some of the infusions he has made.)"

essyx
01-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Yep.


As we head into the outskirts of the camp, I make my apologies for leaving the conversation so abruptly, and trot my steed up to the front lines, so as to make the large group seem more friendly.

(Looking about for our fellow Wandering Bard, or one of the possible leaders of this group.)

Anaesthesia
01-14-2008, 12:07 PM
[quote=essyx;17885]

Diplomacy rolled 9+0=
Herbalist roll rolled 7 +8= 15.

Seeing if any of the group want to learn more on healing or know more then him.
Rolled 8+4 =12 for healing.


The clerics (for the most part, in unison) would like to look at your infusions. One of them mentions a certain cleric of Pelor's knack of creating salves, from ginger, mint and a variety of other things.


Spot check to notice the others

9+3=12 (Crude)

You see a few figures in the distance, that look vaguely like rogues and monks, and one particular paladin on her steed, who is approaching the camp very quickly. You can barely make out the shadows of others behind her.


As we head into the outskirts of the camp, I make my apologies for leaving the conversation so abruptly, and trot my steed up to the front lines, so as to make the large group seem more friendly.

(Looking about for our fellow Wandering Bard, or one of the possible leaders of this group.)

essyx
01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
[quote=Ribe;18039]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribe http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/Greys/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17885#post17885)

Diplomacy rolled 9+0=
Herbalist roll rolled 7 +8= 15.

Seeing if any of the group want to learn more on healing or know more then him.
Rolled 8+4 =12 for healing.

The clerics (for the most part, in unison) would like to look at your infusions. One of them mentions a certain cleric of Pelor's knack of creating salves, from ginger, mint and a variety of other things.
-----------------------------------------

OOC: umm... wouldn't Ribe have Druids (Draeden??)

Ribe
01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
[quote=Anaesthesia;18061][quote=Ribe;18039]

The clerics (for the most part, in unison) would like to look at your infusions. One of them mentions a certain cleric of Pelor's knack of creating salves, from ginger, mint and a variety of other things.

Ah oh wonderful DM I posted the infusion info.

Dreaden

Anaesthesia
01-14-2008, 09:15 PM
[quote=Ribe;18039]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribe http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/Greys/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17885#post17885)

Diplomacy rolled 9+0=
Herbalist roll rolled 7 +8= 15.

Seeing if any of the group want to learn more on healing or know more then him.
Rolled 8+4 =12 for healing.

The clerics (for the most part, in unison) would like to look at your infusions. One of them mentions a certain cleric of Pelor's knack of creating salves, from ginger, mint and a variety of other things.
-----------------------------------------

OOC: umm... wouldn't Ribe have Druids (Draeden??)


OOC: there are some druids in there, but he does also have Clerics of Ehlonna with him... ;)

Anaesthesia
01-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Kaidon, you see Lord Marven approach, spyglass in hand. "Is that your friends? Looks they have help."

The Wandering Bard
01-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Aye it appears so...I have not heard of monks serving under a blue. And one of our companions had ties to the rogues guild that would explain the others. Those with me are Valkier a priest of Bahamut. Ashkore a friend of golds. And Omiran elf friend and duskblade. They have proven themselves many times as allies.

Zane
01-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Ashkore looks around at the rather large contingent, speechless for a moment. At Kadion's mention of his name, he gives a polite nod to Lord Marven. "So, this is what you have been doing Kadion, and all we did was kill another vile blue wyrmling." Ashkore gives the bard a smile, "It is good to see all this aid, especially since Liani saw more of Iellon's troops headed towards the arena after we split." Liani, hearing her name and mention on the blue wyrmling, flies to Ashkore's shoulder. "Blue taste bad," she tells Kadion, thinking he might want to know.

Anaesthesia
01-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Cally and the large group is a little more than 30 feet away form the camp.

Lord Marven smiles faintly. "The Watchers will be here soon. I suggest we talk about a strategy once everyone gets here."

Valkier, you recognize several followers of Bahamut. The two clerics you recognize, but the fighters, you vaguely remember.

Valkier Silverwing
01-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Knowledge religion 15+5=20
knowledge local 9+1=10 :(

ooc: I rolled these to determine how much I know about the clerics and the vague fighter.

Valkier greets his brothers in arms as if they were old comrades then politely introduces himself to the their host. "I thank thee for thy aid sire. It is good to see the local population and its esteemed leaders rising against the abominations of evil." with a smile the priest finishes and listens to the others talk.

Anaesthesia
01-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Knowledge religion 15+5=20
knowledge local 9+1=10 :(

ooc: I rolled these to determine how much I know about the clerics and the vague fighter.

Valkier greets his brothers in arms as if they were old comrades then politely introduces himself to the their host. "I thank thee for thy aid sire. It is good to see the local population and its esteemed leaders rising against the abominations of evil." with a smile the priest finishes and listens to the others talk.


You recognize the elf as Tatiana, and Majah, a human. You knew each other initally as intiates of Bahamut, and after a number of years parted ways. Majah introduces you to the three human fighters, Yruk, Nuade, and Azorth. You only slightly remember Azorth, as you only knew him as an aquaintance through others. Majah asks of you of whom is the dragon shaman-he has a message for him.

The Wandering Bard
01-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Kadion laughs at the wrymlings comment. "Well little one, surely you didn't expect evil to taste divine" the bard smiled even wider at his own word play.

after a moment the bard gestures for Ashkore and Valkier as well as Omiran to move to the side for a private conversation.

"Gentleman we seem to have an a new option avilable to use. we could leave my our new captive with Lord Marven's men and also introduce Leoster to the Lord and his men. they would be able to watch him and might even gain future information through him or about him after were gone. I will not give up our captives with out majority consent. so can we come to an agreence?"

Zane
01-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Liani cocks her head to the side, not understanding the extent of the bard word play. But as Ashkore chuckles a little, she just moves in what seems to pass for a shrug from the wrymling and goes back to watching the events as they unfold.

Ashkore glances back at the captives after Kadion's idea, and replies. "It would be best to leave them instead of dragging them around with us. I would like to question your attacker about who has aided him in Mustifon. As long as Lord Marven agrees to try to question him and agrees to set Leoster free once all is done, I can see no problems with that idea. I did agree to allow Leoster to go free once showing us the dungeon, but I don't want him free just yet, in case he decides to return to Iellon."

The Mistwalker
01-19-2008, 05:29 PM
The Warforged nods his head to the Bard Lord.

Afterwards the warforged walks up to the others and listens to the Kadion's idea. "I agree With the both of you. I would rather leave Leoster here so we wouldn't have to consider him in our coming battles."

Anaesthesia
01-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Assuming that Valkier pointed out Ashkore, and his fellow cleric (Majah) waited until a break in the current conversation; Majah clears his throat.

Cally & party do arrive at the campsite. You see people talking, cooking over campfires; Bahamut clerics milling about near Ashkore and Valkier.

Zane
01-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Ashkore turns to the visitors, and noting the symbol of Bahamut (which I'm assuming at least one of them is displaying) Ashkore smiles. "Si huven wux widegoa ekess oposs vhira ixen shafaer malsvir," he says in greeting. "You appear to be needing something, what is it?"

Anaesthesia
01-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Ashkore turns to the visitors, and noting the symbol of Bahamut (which I'm assuming at least one of them is displaying) Ashkore smiles. "Si huven wux widegoa ekess oposs vhira ixen shafaer malsvir," he says in greeting. "You appear to be needing something, what is it?"

((Yep, they have small crests of Bahamut on them))

"Vi charric ihk wux," he says, "From our Brass dragon friends." He hands you a folded and sealed piece of parchment, which has a crest of Charlemange and Alexander.

Opening the wax seal, there is a letter from Alexander:
"Chiili svabol wux zklaen, balance zklaen qe restored. qe sela di wer arcaniss batobot ui harbored persvek wer whedab arena di Iellon."

Valkier Silverwing
01-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Valkier agrees with the others on what they should do with the parties prisoneers. then turns his attention to Ashkore who just received the letter.

Zane
01-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Ashkore reads over the letter, then folds it up and places it under his left gauntlet, so that he does not lose it. Looking to his companions, he tells them, "Our quest, nay - our job ahead has been shown favor, and reminded to be cautious of Iellon's magic. Based on the notice of the Spellflinger's Challenge, it is not surprising that Iellon will have a strong magical support. This will be a battle to remember, I am sure. But we will burn out this spot of evil and return peace to the locals. How soon before everyone is ready?"

Anaesthesia
01-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Cally dismounts her steed, with Draeden and Amarilla not too far behind. Cally is close enough to hear the last bit of what Ashkore said. "We have a lot of support with us now. We're going to give them a good run for their money."

The Wandering Bard
01-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Kadion walks up to the gathering of people. "I think that little stone I gathered earlier will help alot in the coming times. as will silence spells if we will be fighting casters."

looking "That all who came at the groups behest. thank you all for coming, reguardless of your reasons. soon we will be battling a plague that has effected this entire region. we gather here in this place uncommon allies, united under one goal. togeather each of our unique abilities will help us to prevail in the coming trials. I can't as one promise that the road ahead will be easy, but what is to be gained is so much gather then the sum of us. togeather we will free this land of a darkness that has covered the green sun dappled plains, and darkened our meadows, and cast a gloom over our city." having given his mel gibson like speech full of emotion and more then its share of flare the bard quites down and listens to the ideas for stratagies.

headeast76
01-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Shay shows up next to Kadion and says " I think it best to send in a couple of secret scouts under the cover of darkness to see what we are facing and if the oppurtunity arose maybe take out a general or two."

The Wandering Bard
01-23-2008, 08:24 PM
i agree pipes up the bard. any gathered information before our our battle would be very useful.

Anaesthesia
01-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Lord Marven frowns at this. "We've lost so many scouts that way..."

Zane
01-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Ashkore nods to Lord Marven. "Then we will send no one else. Iellon is expecting a visit and from Liani's report - even more of Iellon's forces have been called into the arena, so he'll have even more eyes open for spies sneaking in. And if many have been lost before, I will not send others in without hope that they can return. Of course, if someone wishes to scout ahead, I will not stop them either - but no one will be ordered in ahead as a scout." Ashkore looks around as he speaks, making sure to look at everyone, especially Lord Marven and Shay. "From what I have been told, the layout of the arena has been scouted before. So, we use that information and make the best plan we can."

Anaesthesia
01-24-2008, 01:01 PM
OOC:Reposting the maps here.
This is a known hideout for some of Iellon's minions (Just ignore the word Rebel on the top) It is also going under some repair. This is a temple they have claimed. It sits right outside the Arena, there is no visible tunnel between the two, at least above ground.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/AlterEgoZoe/Dungeons%20and%20Dragons/04_CompleteScoundrel_72_ppi_3dh2s.jpg

This is the catacombs that the above leads to and is directly under the arena.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/AlterEgoZoe/Dungeons%20and%20Dragons/Catacombs.jpg

The Wandering Bard
01-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Kadion pipes up.

"I may have an idea. if we can find out where the new reinforcements are coming from, we could ambush them, this would reduce the number in the areana that we will have to fight later, and maybe we could use the uniforms to get into the areana with little attention drawn to us. and who knows maybe some of those will porvide us with the info we need and maybe some new toys to play with along the way." the bard is obviously proud of his plan. but tries to remain humble.

Anaesthesia
01-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Cally smiles. "I like that. What does everyone else think?"

The Mistwalker
01-25-2008, 03:29 PM
"A sound plan Kadion, I agree. If we fight a smaller number now, it will be much easier later, plus smaller battles logically would translate into smaller number of wounded for our group."

the warforged contiues to contemplate the varieties of plans that could be used in reguards to a variety of terran.

Anaesthesia
01-25-2008, 03:41 PM
"A sound plan Kadion, I agree. If we fight a smaller number now, it will be much easier later, plus smaller battles logically would translate into smaller number of wounded for our group."

the warforged contiues to contemplate the varieties of plans that could be used in reguards to a variety of terran.


Cally nods, "We can break up into teams of say, fighter, Spellcaster, Cleric, and rogue, or some configurations of that."

Draeden pipes up, "We can try to spread as many of the Druids out, as we can so at least most groups can have someone to identify the creatures, that they may send at us."

headeast76
01-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Shay says " You know that just might work, and of course I will do my best to get to a flank position when the time comes. As long as we are the ambushers we need to lay out the plan on who's gonna be where and what needs to happen before hand to set this up cause I can be ready in minutes." Excited to finally see some serious fighting, Midnight looks at Shay and whines licking Shays hand, also sensing the energy in the room she circles a few times before Shay looks down and scratches her behind the ears " Don't worry girl you can help too..."

Valkier Silverwing
01-25-2008, 08:46 PM
I agree with the bard. On one condidtion, that Shay and another scout the area as we move along, inorder to assess the best way to ambush the reinforcements. Kadion could cast his message spell and shay and the other could tell him what they see and we could plan accordingly.

looking towards the master bard.

Have your scouts figureed out or heard about where the reinforcements will becoming from?

Anaesthesia
01-26-2008, 10:44 AM
looking towards the master bard.

Have your scouts figureed out or heard about where the reinforcements will becoming from?

"They are coming all from all areas of Elata." Lord Marven replies.

The Wandering Bard
01-26-2008, 05:24 PM
ah, well there is just the simple matter of figuring out which area to watch.

Anaesthesia
01-26-2008, 06:47 PM
ah, well there is just the simple matter of figuring out which area to watch.

"They tend to come in very small numbers from the north and northwest. If you intend to ambush, with not much notice from outsiders or others in the Brigade, you might want to look in those areas." Lord Marven, says, directed towards Kaidon.

The Wandering Bard
01-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Kadion looks to the others, "well which direction would you chaps like to look?"

Looking towards Lord Marven, "Does either direction normally carry a greater number of reinforcements. or to put it differently, does one direction tend to have larger groups of reinforcements then the others?"

Anaesthesia
01-27-2008, 05:25 PM
"No, normally these to areas don't bring a large number of those from the Dark Brigade. Usually from the North and Northwest, they tend to stay in groups of less than 10." Lord Marven replies.

headeast76
01-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Shay speaks up saying "Well I'm up for going Northwest...But who would want to accompany me ? " " You Kadion ? " " Or you Cally? " " Kadion I would like to get to know each of you better so either way will be fine with me."

Anaesthesia
01-29-2008, 04:20 PM
"I'm afraid I'd make to much noise to do the ambush. How about taking one of the Monks with you? They'd be more efficent, and can act quietly." Cally replies.

The Wandering Bard
01-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Well, we should all go, I think its better to stay togeather. and besides the combined number of people should make the fight a little easier. if stealth is what were worried about, i'm sure we can find an area that will benefit us all. besides, Cally you have a horse which means that you and the other heavier armored amoung us, could flank the group while the rest of us, lighter troops act as decoys or set the ambush off.

from there we could decide what to do.

headeast76
01-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Well, we should all go, I think its better to stay togeather. and besides the combined number of people should make the fight a little easier. if stealth is what were worried about, i'm sure we can find an area that will benefit us all. besides, Cally you have a horse which means that you and the other heavier armored amoung us, could flank the group while the rest of us, lighter troops act as decoys or set the ambush off.

from there we could decide what to do.


You know that sounds like our best bet seeings how the hammer and anvil approach is always the best tactic in this kind of situation ....But still I think it would be best if the quieter ones stuck together upon the split to flank and create a distraction.

Valkier Silverwing
01-30-2008, 05:29 PM
I agree, we should stick togethers. I'm much the same as cally. I am no sneak. my armor prevents that.

The Mistwalker
01-30-2008, 07:17 PM
I concur. as a group we will have more power to defeat those that stand in our way. but the longer we delay, the less chance of picking a decent ambush spot we will have.

essyx
01-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Looking around at the leaders of this conversation, she stands up, and takes one step forward.

"Look, I know I'm not the strongest leader here yet. But let's play to our stengths. We have a basic map of the arena. Let the clankers, like myself," she says wryly, "Be the obvious target. The quiet ones, and the sneaky ones, " she winks at Draeden, "can look for the hidden enemies. We can trace the source back once we have the Evil stopped in the first place. To try to break up our group, seems like a drain on our resources. Those who can heal and cast mighty spells, can either stand near us clankers," another grin, "or stay near the sneaky ones, if they think they can keep up. We don't really want anyone here to get hurt, and we do all agree that this must be stopped once and for all. Maybe if the find this guy that Kaidon is so hot about, he can lead us to the source of what's going on."

Zane
01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
"Then it is settled. We will head out to the northwest and ambush one of the parties of blue kissers on their way in. Cally, myself, Valkier, and Omiron would make an excellent point group - while Kadion, Shay, and Liani wait and come in from behind. Of course, any others that travel with us can find a point somewhere to add their skills. As long as we are a little careful, we should be able to recover enough uniforms to get ourselves into the compound."

Ashkore turns to Lord Marven, "If any other groups wish to take out any reinforcements coming from the north, we can meet up at the arena, or even inside the hideout. Then the remaining forces can attack, and while the Dark brigade thinks that they hold an excellent defensive position, we can hit them from within their ranks. In that chaos, it should be even easier to roll over the fools."

The Wandering Bard
01-31-2008, 06:00 PM
I agree. if our party can get in the arena as guards. when the others, (all the NPC's ) attack arena, we will have the advantage of suprise from within.

Anaesthesia
02-01-2008, 06:16 PM
As Kaidon finishes talking, Pinch, and 3 other kender are approaching the wagon, carrying a large trunk.

The Wandering Bard
02-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Kadion checks his bag and pouches, having been suprised to see more kender then just Pinch. after noting that his things still remained on his person, the bard looks at the kender.

"Pinch, what have you got there?"

Anaesthesia
02-01-2008, 07:17 PM
"...A big box... I need it!"

As it gets closer to the group, you note that it has a small crest on the top, and it smells of ozone.

Zane
02-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Ashkore looks to Pinch. "That is a very interesting looking big box Pinch. Would it be alright if we looked in your box?" Ashkore takes a moment to look at the crest, seeing if he recognizes it.

Knowledge (arcana): (1d20=10)+6 = 16
Knowledge (nature): (1d20=8)+8 = 16
Knowledge (any other): (1d20=15)+1 = 16
((OOC: ok, that was just strange...))

Anaesthesia
02-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Ashkore, it has a crest of the Dark Brigade. It also seems that part of the crest was made from Blue Dragonhide. (Should smell really awful to Liani)

Anaesthesia
02-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Ashkore looks to Pinch. "That is a very interesting looking big box Pinch. Would it be alright if we looked in your box?" Ashkore takes a moment to look at the crest, seeing if he recognizes it.

"Sure, go ahead!!"

The Wandering Bard
02-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Kadion moves to stand next to Ashkore, One of his Rapiers drawn...just in case.

Zane
02-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Liani growls a bit upon Ashkore approaching the chest, and as he appears to stay near it, she flies up to a nearby tree, removing herself from the area. Ashkore says nothing to her, instead concentrating on the box. Ashkore hesitates just a moment, but then stands to the side of it and opens the lid.

Anaesthesia
02-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Kaidon, and Ashkore, on opening of the trunk, both of you see clothing, folded neatly inside the trunk, each, emblazend with the Dark Brigade's crest.

Zane
02-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Ashkore glances over at Kadion with a smile. "It looks like we won't need to ambush any reinforcements after all. Of course, it would still be fun."

headeast76
02-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Shay looks at the rest of the party and says " The more of the reinforcements we kill the less we will have to deal with inside but if you all want to just get into the arena I'm up for that too..."

essyx
02-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Kaidon, and Ashkore, on opening of the trunk, both of you see clothing, folded neatly inside the trunk, each, emblazend with the Dark Brigade's crest.

Looking over their shoulders, Cally muses, half to herself.

"Hmm.. I wonder is there is some sort of enchantment on them to turn the person evil... or if has a poison imbedded in them.";)

Anaesthesia
02-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Ashkore glances over at Kadion with a smile. "It looks like we won't need to ambush any reinforcements after all. Of course, it would still be fun."

Pinch looks proud of himself. The other kender he brought with him all have disappeared...with someone's tent...


Looking over their shoulders, Cally muses, half to herself.

"Hmm.. I wonder is there is some sort of enchantment on them to turn the person evil... or if has a poison imbedded in them.";)


One of the clerics overhears Cally and shakes her head. "I haven't detected any evil or magic on them."

Zane
02-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Ashkore smiles at Pinch, "We could make it so your box is easier to carry around. And, I'd like you to show me where you found the box later, ok?" Unless Pinch objects for some reason, Ashkore starts removing the uniforms from the box, so that it can be determined how many there are and who they might fit. Of course, while pulling out the clothes, he also checks to make sure there is nothing else within the box.

The Mistwalker
02-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Omiran raises his head. "Kender, where did you find this Box? it is very important so please be honest...Was it in a tent in here, in this camp?" "do you know who it belongs too?"

Anaesthesia
02-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Ashkore smiles at Pinch, "We could make it so your box is easier to carry around. And, I'd like you to show me where you found the box later, ok?" Unless Pinch objects for some reason, Ashkore starts removing the uniforms from the box, so that it can be determined how many there are and who they might fit. Of course, while pulling out the clothes, he also checks to make sure there is nothing else within the box.

"Sure! Take whatever you want. We got it from some people with dragons. From there" <points in a Northwest Direction> "Did I do something bad?"


Omiran raises his head. "Kender, where did you find this Box? it is very important so please be honest...Was it in a tent in here, in this camp?" "do you know who it belongs too?"

Valkier Silverwing
02-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Valkier pauses at the mention of people with dragons. With a look of disgust and determination the nods at Ashkore. "Well it looks like the Spawn of Tiamat have a nest in the area. I suspected as much, but their presence this close to us is not a good sign, for both our camp here and our planned raid on the arena. there is nothing we can do i suppose but we should strike hard and fast and then see to damage control."

looking to Pinch. "no my friend no harm done, in fact you may have saved a few lives."

Looking to the gathered others. "we have more uniforms. some of the monks and clerics, maybe even the druids could wear them adn sneak in with us well the others take the gate. But i still think we should take on the patrol as well, at least to secure on of our flanks."

essyx
02-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Valkier pauses at the mention of people with dragons. With a look of disgust and determination the nods at Ashkore. "Well it looks like the Spawn of Tiamat have a nest in the area. I suspected as much, but their presence this close to us is not a good sign, for both our camp here and our planned raid on the arena. there is nothing we can do i suppose but we should strike hard and fast and then see to damage control."

looking to Pinch. "no my friend no harm done, in fact you may have saved a few lives."

Looking to the gathered others. "we have more uniforms. some of the monks and clerics, maybe even the druids could wear them adn sneak in with us well the others take the gate. But i still think we should take on the patrol as well, at least to secure on of our flanks."

"Nonetheless, I shall be glad not to be one of the ones who wears such rags as these." She looks at the clothing being brought out of the chest in disgust.

And nodding her thanks to the cleric, she mentions, under her voice to him. "And I understand that those who are not of the savory type would actually stoop to actual poisons embedded in the clothing. I would suggest one of the Druids, or alchemists take a close look at the clothing. I understand, no magic or evil is embedded in them, but a simple poison from a plant can do much harm all on it's own."

Ribe
02-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Draeden shrugs peering at the clothing to see any herbs or toxins in the material.

"Hmmm. Lets see how this was made." Picking it up and turning it so it reflects light and sniffing a the clothing Draeden keeps "hmmming.." Himself.

Herbalism 8+9= 17
"Can you detect evil on it?"

Anaesthesia
02-04-2008, 02:40 PM
While the fabric looks to be of natural fibers, there is nothing unusual on any of the uniforms.

Ribe
02-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Dreaden Mumbles and raises his voice "We should use these disguises but mark them differently so that all of us should now the difference on site. Either a strap of cloth on the belt or on the arm that is green or some other color to indicate that they are pretend blue dragon want-a-bes."

"Further we need to get going."

Anaesthesia
02-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Dreaden Mumbles and raises his voice "We should use these disguises but mark them differently so that all of us should now the difference on site. Either a strap of cloth on the belt or on the arm that is green or some other color to indicate that they are pretend blue dragon want-a-bes."

"Further we need to get going."

One of the monks speaks up. "Yes, that is a good idea. We should make some marking, so we don't accidentaly fight each other. Does anyone has any suggestions? I am not a sewer, but would it do if we sewed a large 'b' on one side? If any one asks we could say it stood for 'blue dragons' or a blue elite group or some such thing."

The Wandering Bard
02-05-2008, 07:35 PM
I agree, i really have no wish fighting any of you. we will have full hands already.

essyx
02-05-2008, 07:56 PM
One of the monks speaks up. "Yes, that is a good idea. We should make some marking, so we don't accidentaly fight each other. Does anyone has any suggestions? I am not a sewer, but would it do if we sewed a large 'b' on one side? If any one asks we could say it stood for 'blue dragons' or a blue elite group or some such thing."


"Actually, can any of the sneaky-types sew? I understand from a friend back home that most of that type prefer to adjust their own clothing and bags so that if works for them better..."

Cally asks this quietly as possible, looking up above the heads hovering over the chest, and looking around at any who might look to her in interest.

Anaesthesia
02-06-2008, 01:01 PM
2 of the rogues, one other Monk, and one fighter offer to sew. Several clerics offer as well.

"What do you think, having it on the left or the right? It doesn't look like there is too many. We can split the work, and have it done in no time at all." Iria says

ooc:In the trunk, there is 25 uniforms.

essyx
02-06-2008, 03:20 PM
2 of the rogues, one other Monk, and one fighter offer to sew. Several clerics offer as well.

"What do you think, having it on the left or the right? It doesn't look like there is too many. We can split the work, and have it done in no time at all." Iria says

ooc:In the trunk, there is 25 uniforms.

"Hmm... Left I think. can be hidden behind shields attached, if they're large enough, and is considered the 'sinister' arm. So I think it's more likely that it'll be considered legit."

Nods her thanks for the help to group for helping, smiling. Not sure where the extra fabric is coming from, but shrugs internally.

Anaesthesia
02-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Stein, the non-sewing monk, looks at Ashkore, then ponders Liani. "Can our little dragon friend hide outside the arena? I would imagine she is at risk with the Blues. Unless, she is willing to be our pretend prisoner."

Meanwhile the sewers have finished 5 of the uniforms, and now they have a large blue B.

Zane
02-06-2008, 05:45 PM
"Can she? Yes. Will she? We'll have to ask her." Ashkore moves away from those working on the uniforms and under where Liani is perched currently. "Liani, Arena will be dangerous, are you sure you want to go in?"

Liani doesn't respond immediately, but instead just looks at Ashkore for a moment as if she has never seen him before. "Liani goes in. Liani fights strong, Liani make you all proud," she practically barks out at him, which makes Ashkore just smile.

"Yes, Liani will come. But for your parents, I had to ask. You will be a most welcome addition in the fight." Ashkore reaches up to scratch Liani a little, and between that and his words - she does relax from her previous stance. After a moment, Ashkore turns back to Stein. "There's your answer, Liani will go in with us. Although, I did like one idea you mentioned - prisoners. If Liani and I were 'captured' by the marked elite guard, that might make it even easier to get into the arena. I'm sure that one or more companions could managed to be captured as well. Especially those of us that prefer our own armor to those clothes." Ashkore is sure to nod to Cally, Valkier and Omiran - thinking they would be the least likely to wear the uniforms as well.

Valkier Silverwing
02-06-2008, 06:03 PM
I will go as a prisonner as well. I could not ask another to take such a dangerous task upon themselves. and if I might add, the sight of a Brass Dragon friend, and a Cleric of Bahamut would be i think more then enough to convince those inside that we warrent an elite escort.

Zane
02-06-2008, 08:06 PM
a Brass Dragon friend, and a Cleric of Bahamut would be i think more then enough to convince those inside that we warrent an elite escort.
Askore smiles to Valkier's comment, "Exactly as I was thinking."

essyx
02-06-2008, 09:46 PM
"Yes, Liani will come. But for your parents, I had to ask. You will be a most welcome addition in the fight." Ashkore reaches up to scratch Liani a little, and between that and his words - she does relax from her previous stance. After a moment, Ashkore turns back to Stein. "There's your answer, Liani will go in with us. Although, I did like one idea you mentioned - prisoners. If Liani and I were 'captured' by the marked elite guard, that might make it even easier to get into the arena. I'm sure that one or more companions could managed to be captured as well. Especially those of us that prefer our own armor to those clothes." Ashkore is sure to nod to Cally, Valkier and Omiran - thinking they would be the least likely to wear the uniforms as well.

Looking at Zane in consideration, she weighs her options in this situation.

"If we try to pass off some of us as capturees, then we need capturers. To do that, I am willing to bet there is some stringent security measures there, possibly even so far as to have each person reswear to some Evil god. Or even to the Blue Dragon they all seem to worship. I hate to say it, but I feel that at that point, our cover will be blown."

Looking a Kaidon, she continues. "Instead of trying subterfuge, lets all play to our strengths. Let the sneaky ones wear the costumes and infiltrate the stadium seats and possible menial places. The back hallways, the kitchens, whatever. The rest of us can wait for a signal just out of sight of the main entrance to the Arena, where we can ride onto the gladitorial floor to do the main fighting there." Looking at the dragonling, she smiles. "I have a feeling that not all of us can act as well as... Pinch, for example. I certainly couldn't act as if I were captured sucessfully. And if it came to the whole swearing thing, you know as well as I that most whom are connected closely to their God couldn't even fake that, without damaging that connection."

The Wandering Bard
02-07-2008, 03:34 PM
I could go with the Sneaky party, I have some skills that would allow me to get through the ranks rather well, and i am not above lying to others if i have to say swear an alliegance or what...plus i could send the signal and cast my message spells to keep in touch with the others.

though I do like Valkier and Ashkores idea as well, both plans have merit, but we should go and stop the first batch of reinforcements now, we can debate the next step from there.

The Mistwalker
02-07-2008, 06:15 PM
I agree the longer we stand here and argue the more time we lose to set up an ambush, or lose the chance all together.

Anaesthesia
02-08-2008, 11:31 AM
The sewers have finished all of the uniforms. "Shall we hand these out?" says Iria.

essyx
02-08-2008, 12:55 PM
The sewers have finished all of the uniforms. "Shall we hand these out?" says Iria.

"I bet if we hand them to the Monks, if they are willing, with their quarterstaffs, they'd be able to pull it off. Otherwise, we'd have to figure out how to get it over the Fighters armor, and then, how to get it off them quickly, if necessary..." Laughing quietly.

Anaesthesia
02-08-2008, 02:21 PM
"I bet if we hand them to the Monks, if they are willing, with their quarterstaffs, they'd be able to pull it off. Otherwise, we'd have to figure out how to get it over the Fighters armor, and then, how to get it off them quickly, if necessary..." Laughing quietly.


"Ok." Iria hands them out to the 4 monks. "Anyone else? There are still 21 other uniforms."

Valkier Silverwing
02-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Give them to the sneakyer people of the group, that way if we go with the infiltration plan we will have the first part, the disguses done. we can always trade later if need be, plus the reinforcements might slow down and buy us more time if the note others in the uniforms. at least we might be able to catch the group off guards.

Anaesthesia
02-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Give them to the sneakyer people of the group, that way if we go with the infiltration plan we will have the first part, the disguses done. we can always trade later if need be, plus the reinforcements might slow down and buy us more time if the note others in the uniforms. at least we might be able to catch the group off guards.

Iria nods, and hands them out to the rogues, druids, Draeden, Shay and Kaidon, as well as a handful of clerics. She puts the 5 remaining back into the trunk. "Shall we move on now?" she questions.

essyx
02-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Cally looks at the walking Suit of Armor (Mistwalker) and Kaidon.

"What's the plan?"

The Wandering Bard
02-09-2008, 04:33 PM
I say that the quicker moving people, Led by myself and our halfling companion Both in uniforms move to an area where the reinforcements will come through, we will distract them and allow the heavier troops time to ready and deploy. from there, the heavy troops, hopefully mounted will charge the reinforcements, while the those in the uniforms fight what we can. basiclly an advanced pincher movement. what do you think?

Zane
02-09-2008, 08:15 PM
((OOC: Hey, we got active over the past few days...))

"Sounds good to me Kadion, let's get moving and get those reinforcements taken care of. Although, I could use a mount if that is the plan."

The Wandering Bard
02-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Aye, Cally did any of the lighter companions ride here? they will be on foot and if we could borrow their horse I am sure Ashkore would be most grateful.

Liani, I have a plan to make our outfits more beliveable, It might be slightly offensive for you but just think of the vengance you will be dealing in return. I could turn your scales blue for a short time, this would provide you with a camoflage of your own, and make the lighter companions more believable when they are seen traveling with a blue wyrmling.

Anaesthesia
02-10-2008, 06:52 PM
((OOC: Hey, we got active over the past few days...))

"Sounds good to me Kadion, let's get moving and get those reinforcements taken care of. Although, I could use a mount if that is the plan."


Aye, Cally did any of the lighter companions ride here? they will be on foot and if we could borrow their horse I am sure Ashkore would be most grateful.

One of the rogues offers a horse to Ashkore. (OOC: For your own purposes, Zane, use stats of a Light Horse)

headeast76
02-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Shay looks around and says " You know, I would be willing to go as a prisoner but I think that I would serve a better infiltrator wearing a uniform and acting as a guard transporting a prisoner. " " Besides I have very light armor and I could break away from the group with my prisoner when the time is right and search for another passage into the depths of the arena. That way I wouldn't be alone and it would look normal "

Anaesthesia
02-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Iria nods, and hands them out to the rogues, druids, Draeden, Shay and Kaidon, as well as a handful of clerics.


Shay looks around and says " You know, I would be willing to go as a prisoner but I think that I would serve a better infiltrator wearing a uniform and acting as a guard transporting a prisoner.

OOC:Iria has already handed you a uniform. All the sneaky types have received one.

Valkier Silverwing
02-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Omiran, If i remember correctly you've been running the whole time, my stone horse mount could carry both of us if you like. the horses will out run you on foot I'm sure.

The Mistwalker
02-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks but I think I will go with those on foot. I can hide in the robes, and maybe Kadion can cast a spell on me like he offered Liani. If things go bad for those on foot, I should be there with my magic and my sword.

(OOC: DM would you like me to email you my new character sheet and chosen spells?)

The Wandering Bard
02-11-2008, 05:50 PM
We could always use the help. I am sure I could cast a spell to maek you look human if you need it.

(OOC: how covering are the robes/ uniforms?)

depending on the DM's Answer will depend on the level illusion spell i cast for you.

Anaesthesia
02-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks but I think I will go with those on foot. I can hide in the robes, and maybe Kadion can cast a spell on me like he offered Liani. If things go bad for those on foot, I should be there with my magic and my sword.

(OOC: DM would you like me to email you my new character sheet and chosen spells?)

Yes, please! You may do it in word (or in the body of email, whatever's easiet--my email is zydeko (@) excite.com.)


We could always use the help. I am sure I could cast a spell to maek you look human if you need it.

(OOC: how covering are the robes/ uniforms?)

depending on the DM's Answer will depend on the level illusion spell i cast for you.

The only thing you would see (skin wise, that is) is the person's face/head and hands.

Zane
02-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Liani, I have a plan to make our outfits more beliveable, It might be slightly offensive for you but just think of the vengance you will be dealing in return. I could turn your scales blue for a short time, this would provide you with a camoflage of your own, and make the lighter companions more believable when they are seen traveling with a blue wyrmling.
Liani looks to Ashkore, to see if she properly understood Kadion's idea. The two chat for a moment in draconic ((I'm not near my bookmarks to the draconic translator)) before Liani turns back to Kadion. "Liani want help. Liani look blue for time, surprise bad people." With that, she flies over and lands on Kadion's shoulder, once he gets his disguise on.

Anaesthesia
02-13-2008, 04:46 PM
The sneaks are completely ready and waiting to move ahead. The clerics (and the heavy artillery) offer to pick up from the rear.

essyx
02-13-2008, 09:11 PM
The sneaks are completely ready and waiting to move ahead. The clerics (and the heavy artillery) offer to pick up from the rear.


Cally looks around, making sure of the heavies. (ooc: how many of the OCs are actually in the heavies group?)

Concerned about a general melee run- willy nilly, even- she considers taking charge of the group to make sure it is an organized and effective attack.

Anaesthesia
02-13-2008, 09:35 PM
((9, total, includes both Fighter and Paladin, 11, if you include Amarilla and yourself. There is the big chunk of clerics too. Easiest way to put it:everyone except Ehlonna and St. Cuthbert Clerics are there.))

essyx
02-14-2008, 07:50 AM
((9, total, includes both Fighter and Paladin, 11, if you include Amarilla and yourself. There is the big chunk of clerics too. Easiest way to put it:everyone except Ehlonna and St. Cuthbert Clerics are there.))

Motioning quietly to get everyone's attention, she gathers them into a large huddle to go over the best way to approach this.

"I get the feeling we're not likely to see a large open roadway to do any kind of fighting on. Nor a field. And I have very little experience guiding such a large force into battle." She looks half-guiltily at Amarilla. "Does anyone here remember the last battle at the Arena? Or have experience in guiding medium sized groups into pitched battles?"

Anaesthesia
02-15-2008, 11:20 AM
A paladin, Bersim, nods. "We would have to go single-filed. If we are needed to fight on roads, that would mean those with far-ranged weapons can fight from horseback, others would have to fight hand to hand. In an arena, we could make up a line or two, the back would be Paladins on horseback, the fighters would be in front, ready to fight. It would be best if the fighters would not be on horseback. We could easily break into several groups of this arrangement"

The Wandering Bard
02-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Kadion smiles as Liani lands on the bards shoulder and he casts Prestidigtaion on the young dragon, altering her scales to a deep blue. "My dear Liani you will be a suprise in deed." the bard moves over towards the warforged and casts the minor illusion on the warforged giving him the appearance of a tanned human of the same height, thick black hair and a beard. as well as a scar on his neck, that might be used to explain his lack of talking or his strange voice.

I say we should move on. my spells wont last that long a couple of hours maybe. i say take the patrol first then worry about the arena, we will have time to talk then.

with that the bard starts off in the direction the Lord bard mentioned.

The Mistwalker
02-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Omiran looks at his new illusion form and his face smiles. looking to the others he winks and heads off after the bard. walking with a swagger in his step like he has seen many humans do.

Anaesthesia
02-16-2008, 12:09 PM
The sneaks are following Kaidon closely, and surrounding Ashkore (the mock prisoner).

The heavy artlliery are looking to Cally to follow.

Ahead of you is small outcrops of open grasslands, dotted with trees. Can someone in the advance (sneaky) group roll a spot check?

essyx
02-16-2008, 12:21 PM
A paladin, Bersim, nods. "We would have to go single-filed. If we are needed to fight on roads, that would mean those with far-ranged weapons can fight from horseback, others would have to fight hand to hand. In an arena, we could make up a line or two, the back would be Paladins on horseback, the fighters would be in front, ready to fight. It would be best if the fighters would not be on horseback. We could easily break into several groups of this arrangement"

Nodding at this logic, Cally looks around at the group. "Bersim is our strategist for this fight. Look to him for guidance."

Looking back at Bersim, she continues. "Who would you like where? and with whom?"

Anaesthesia
02-16-2008, 01:22 PM
"We can break into three groups. We can also spread clerics to each individual group. My group can lead, followed by Mariana, then you can bring up the rear."

Group 1:
Bersim (P), Nour (P), Volodya (P), Nuade (F), Oor (C), Hemming (C), and Majah (C)

Group 2:
Mariana (P), Lyle (P),Azorth (F), Tatiana (C), Derrick (C) and Alfis (C)

Group 3:
Cally, Amarilla, Onal (P), Yruk (F), Nalinna (C), Ulf (C), Lauclin (C), and Thordis (C)


OOC: P=Paladin, F=Fighter, C=Cleric The following NPCs are with Kadion's group: Mala, Pina, Iria, Carminda, Delmosa, Tamana, Stein, Anora, Evanna, Tenderfoot, Gearjam, Askar, Sorte and Parmah.

The Wandering Bard
02-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Kadions spot check

17+3 (WOOT!)=20


listen check
4+3=7 (Crap it figures)

Valkier Silverwing
02-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Valkier stubbles along looking worn and abused, he holds his head up high though, trying to look defiant at his mock guards. he pulls out a piece of rope from his pack and cuts it in to two 2 foot long sections and hands a peice to Ashkore.

"Wrap this around your hands and hold the ends in your hand to make it look like your bound. this will help our disguise." cutting a small peice of fabric from his worn robe, he ties it very loosly around his mouth, not tight enough to stop him from talking but enough to make it look as though he is gagged.

essyx
02-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Looking at Bersim, she nods her head and looks to Kaidon and the others.

"We'll be starting at the count of 200 behind you, so that we're not obvious to any on-comers."

With that, she gathers her group together, and gets ready to move out, unsummoning her steed, as requested.;)

Zane
02-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Liani balks just slightly upon seeing the blue coloration of her scales now, but she just grins and bears it for now.
((OOC: And as a reminder, since Liani is riding Kadion's shoulder, her Blindsense and Darkvision abilities are also with the 'sneaks'))

Meanwhile, Ashkore does as Valkier suggests with the rope, wiggling his fingers to make it appear as tight as he can. Ashkore hangs his head slightly, but looks up with his eyes so that he can see what is going on around them.

The Wandering Bard
02-17-2008, 07:12 PM
.... and the party moves on?