PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread



Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

CountVander
08-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Ryoku trembles a moment, startled by the outburst of the voice. She jumps towards Kardion and looks around. She touches her belt softly, to reassure herself, then fidgets with the keys in her hand.

Zane
08-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Ashkore steps forward, looking for the source of the voice. "Good, we've been looking for someone. Now, where in the blazes is the bathroom?" Ashkore asks, holding his left hand out in confusion while his right rests on his hip, conveniently close to his morningstar.

Elsewhere, Liani looks to Xana at her comment. "Oh! Liani knows others want hear story also. Liani go get friends, free Xana from cage, yes?"

The Wandering Bard
08-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Kadion places his free hand reassuringly on the womans shoulder then gestures towards Ashkore. Kadion advances quietly his rapier held at the ready.

" Sir, I think I'm lostttt. my companion ands I had a little tooo much of the warm and fuzzy if youuuuu know whats I means." kadion slurrs his speech and weaves and sags as if drunk.

The Wandering Bard
08-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Roll is to bluff guard that Kadion is drunk, and Ashkore is too. (A little help Ashkore ;) )

bluff roll

Anaesthesia
08-11-2008, 02:48 PM
The guards still eye the group suspiciously. One of the guards in front seemingly ignores Kaidon, and focuses on Ryoku. "You! What's your name? Rusty, check that list." The guard stops speaking, but crosses his halberd infront of him, somewhat defensively.

Xana motions to Liani to keep quiet just now.

Galadon-you hear several voices eminating from the front of the room, although you don't have a clear view of them.

Galadon
08-11-2008, 07:01 PM
"Do we have visitors?"

Galadon stands and walks slowly to the front of the room.

Valkier Silverwing
08-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Valkier, who has been staying back looks to the hulking Warforged, silently as he can he whispers his plans to the warrior.

with a few gestures the priest casts bulls strength on the warforged. (Omiran sent you a PM)

Anaesthesia
08-12-2008, 05:49 PM
((By the way, I created a rough picture of the area. The complete back row is shrouded in darkness right now. View it here (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/AlterEgoZoe/Dungeons%20and%20Dragons/Prison-1.jpg)))

One of the guards closest to Galadon, glares and gruffly says, "Be quiet. It's none of your business."

Anaesthesia
08-12-2008, 07:04 PM
(rolling a Bluff roll for Ashkore. Switching to Presence Aura +2 to Bluff/Intimidate/Diplomacy rolls from here on out)

Ashkore Bluff

CountVander
08-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Ryoku looks around, and seeing the people in cages, shrinks back a bit, but this time not in fear. If one would notice her eyes, they seem to narrow and her breath gets a little more rapid. She places a hand on her kama and awaits the discussion to end.

The Mistwalker
08-13-2008, 12:54 AM
"Its a sound plan, I'll see what I can do, old one." the warforged moves along the wall. then when he is with in a good distance, the metallic man starts running right at the door, his metal body blasting into the wood of the half door, as he throws his whole body into it. he hopes that the force of his charge and the sudden movement will surpise the guards.

Str. check against the door

Anaesthesia
08-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Omiran, you knock through the door, and barrel through the guards. You manage to knock over four of the guards (2 left standing), before you are stopped short by the nearest jail cell.

((Omiran and Valkier get an extra 50XP for doing something unexpected. Yay.))

Galadon
08-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Galadon moves near the guard telling him to be quite.

"Sir I am quite hungry now."

Galadon closes his eyes while casting Flare near the guards face.

The Wandering Bard
08-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Kadion moves in after their silver battering ram.

Stepping through the door the bard attacks the nearest downed guard hoping to incapacitate as many as they can before they recover.

Rapier attack 1
rapier 2 attack
damage 1
Damage 2

Anaesthesia
08-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Kaidon, you manage to strike one of the guards on the floor. He appears severely injured.

Xana casts a spell on one of guards who is still standing. He is frozen in place.

The other guard, who was standing near Galadon's cell dropped his weapon, and is now furiously rubbing his eyes.

Valkier Silverwing
08-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Valkier moves into the room and slams his trident into one of the guards on the floor (if there are any, if not he engages one of the ones on there feet)

attack rolls
attack roll
damage roll
electrical damage

CountVander
08-14-2008, 05:45 AM
OOC: Can Ryoku see a clear way to the cells? If so, she will try to run and free the people.

The Wandering Bard
08-14-2008, 03:17 PM
"Yield" Kadion shouts, seeing the party has incapacited a good number of the guards (Assuming every one else makes a move.)

Galadon
08-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Galadon moves away for the guards and stands in the corner.

From the shadows in the corner two yellow eyes watch the melee. Galadon pets the black panther waiting to see what happens.

The Mistwalker
08-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Omiran shifts his bulk and engages in what he calculates to be the biggest threat to the party (any of the standing guards) his gleaming black blade slamming home several times

attack 1
attack 2
damage 1
damage 2

The Wandering Bard
08-14-2008, 08:55 PM
OOC: nice move you 2 :)

Anaesthesia
08-15-2008, 01:01 PM
All of the guards are now injured, and are now immobile. Ashkore moves towards Xana's cage, to recover Liani.

Ryoku, you are able to reach the cells, now that the guards are not moving.

The Wandering Bard
08-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Kadion moves up through the cells checking locks and seeing the captives.

OOC: are the cells locked, and what quality are the locks, can kadion tell?

Anaesthesia
08-15-2008, 06:02 PM
The cells are locked, the locks seem like they were never meant to be opened. ;)

CountVander
08-16-2008, 06:17 AM
Ryoku looks to the locks with puzzlement.

"Why would one want to keep something locked away when it has the potential to grow into something beautiful and amazing? I don't understand these people's need to keep everything away from others. How can they appreciate something if no one can also appreciate it?"

She lets the keys roll in her hands, clinking, enjoying the sound as she looks to the people, tilting her head is wonder.

The Mistwalker
08-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Omiran hears the bard explain about the locks and lumbers up to the metal cages. "Stand Aside." is all the explainations the warforged gives and swings his black blade at the locks. its adamintine edge slamming hard into the lock

str. check

The Mistwalker
08-16-2008, 12:42 PM
if that isn't enough he will swing again. the warforged will hack at the locks of cells containing prisonners until they are all open (though I only saw 2 prisonners on the map I figured better safe then sorry.

str check
str check
str check
str check

Galadon
08-16-2008, 01:46 PM
seeing the guards on the floor, Galadon Grabs the lock with his right hand and cast "Rusting grasp."

Valkier Silverwing
08-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Valkier checks on the prisonners and makes sure that none of them are wounded (the ones in the cages, not the guards who are now our prisonners :) )

"if any one is hurt, please make yourself known, I will do what i can for you. I am a cleric of Bahamut the Platinum Dragon."

Anaesthesia
08-16-2008, 06:42 PM
((OOC: there were only 2 listed on the map, as they were the only ones to make themselves known, so to speak))

Omiran, you manage to open 3 cells. In the last cell, there is a man laying on the floor, seemingly hurt, and looks vaguely familiar.

Galadon, you quickly open your own cell.

CountVander
08-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Ryoku walks over to the man on the floor, looking him over to see if he needs healing. If he appears to be injured, Ryoku will touch the man and channel some of her belt's ability to him

OOC: Let me know so I can roll if necessary

The Wandering Bard
08-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Can the party see any more prisoners? No sense in making more noise for no reason :)

Anaesthesia
08-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Ryoku, on closer inspection of the man you note that he has several broken bones, and he also looks like he hasn't had a good meal in a long time.

There is one last cell with two prisoners in it, which have yet to be let out and upon seeing others let out, call out the the party. (The one in the far back--the one to the left on the bottom of the map)

Fletcher looks at Galadon. "You look familiar. Do I know you?"

Galadon
08-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Turning to Flecther

"It could be I have traveled around. Have you seen an area where they would keep our personal belongings?"

Galadon looks around the room

Anaesthesia
08-18-2008, 12:12 PM
"Anyone see any of the prisoners items?" Fletcher starts looking around.

The Mistwalker
08-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Omiran's eyes search the room for the items. after a quick scan, the warforged moves up to the other locks and begins cutting through the metal.

search roll
Str. Check
Str. Check

Anaesthesia
08-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Omiran, you find a small key-shaped hole near the stairs. It is at your eye-level

CountVander
08-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Ryoku gently caresses the man's head and whispers into his ear, so that none else may here, though it be only words of comfort. She then releases a little of her fathers memory and compassion into him, letting the mystic connection heal him as it protects and heals her.

Healing Charge (2d8=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1702933/)

She stands and inspects the man, then attempts to create splints and slings for him.

Zane
08-19-2008, 01:37 AM
Ryoku looks to the locks with puzzlement.

"Why would one want to keep something locked away when it has the potential to grow into something beautiful and amazing? I don't understand these people's need to keep everything away from others. How can they appreciate something if no one can also appreciate it?"
Ashkore looks back to Ryoku, "Those kept in the cells are not kept because they are appreciated. They are kept there, in this case, likely because Iellon fears them."

As Ashkore tries to explain things to Ryoku, he moves past the cells once Liani returns to him. "Liani make friend. Ashkore, Xana. Xana make dark for sister near trap. Liani help?"

Even with the seriousness of Ryoku's questions, Ashkore can't help but chuckle as Liani's infectious attitude gets through his shell. "Yes, Liani helped, you did good."
Omiran, you manage to open 3 cells. In the last cell, there is a man laying on the floor, seemingly hurt, and looks vaguely familiar.
Ashkore notes the prisoner in the last cell ((Assuming he seems familiar to me as well - which I'm hoping he does.)), trying to get a better view of the prisoner.

CountVander
08-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Ryoku nods to the answer, though she doesn't fully understand what he meant by it. She watches the man and awaits a response of some sort from him.

The Wandering Bard
08-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Kadion scans the now freed people (assuming of course that Omirans sword has now opened all the cells) and looks to see if he can find Ota among those gathered. "Can anyone tell us about this place, how many guards you've seen, where Illeon stays, anything that could be useful, no matter how petty the information may seem."

Anaesthesia
08-19-2008, 12:32 PM
The man suddenly looks as if he recognizes Ashkore. He tries to speak, but the words do not form. It slowly dawns on Ashkore (and anyone who knew Ota previously, and looking at this man), that this is Ota.

"There are always be more guards. And other prisons. The only good information on Iellon is that he lives in a maze of a fortress, and constantly building or rebuilding it. He also moves various factions to different parts of this building." says Xana, a unusual elf with blueish hair and tattoos, who is holding a wyrmling.

Valkier Silverwing
08-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Valkier kneels before the wounded and casts Cure Light wounds (FYI to the party I only have 1 cure light. left. and a few high lvl. spells. but thats it.)

OOC: Valkier moves to the person who is the more severe wounded of the bunch.

cure roll

Valkier Silverwing
08-19-2008, 02:08 PM
If anyones elso is severely wounded Valkier will use his knowledge of healing to stabilize the others. (heal check)

heal check
heal check
heal check

Anaesthesia
08-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Valkier, you have stablized the few injured.

Galadon
08-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Omiran, you find a small key-shaped hole near the stairs. It is at your eye-level


Galadon moves over to the key-shaped hole and takes a look at it and the nearby surrounding area.

The black panther follows Galadon making little noise and looking forward. As they walk pass, the panther bumps into Flecther nearly knocking him down.

Zane
08-20-2008, 01:48 PM
The man suddenly looks as if he recognizes Ashkore. He tries to speak, but the words do not form. It slowly dawns on Ashkore (and anyone who knew Ota previously, and looking at this man), that this is Ota.
Ashkore ignores the other prisoners for a few moments, focusing on Ota. "Ota, it is good to see you again. Rest for a bit, don't try to speak." Ashkore digs through his pack, finding his waterskin, which he then offers to the now former prisoner.

Anaesthesia
08-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Ota tries to lift his arms to reach out for the waterskin, but barely makes his arms move.

Valkier Silverwing
08-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Valkier follows Ashkores lead and distributes three days worth of rations to the prisonners to help with hunger and to give them strength. "Ota do you need more healing? I have a few spells left and I could heal you more. Oh and my name is Valkier, I don't think we've meet before. I am a friend of your friends."

The Wandering Bard
08-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Kadion moves over to his old companion. "glad tidings and well met Ota. Sorry its not in better conditions. We have other things to handle, but take those that can flee and take the armor and weapons from the guards. take the others and get to town. we can't let them go alone."

headeast76
08-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Shay coming over to stand behind Kadion says " He's right we can't let them go alone they might need our protection but what about you Ota ? We cant leave you here either you could be recaptured or worse killed..!!!

Anaesthesia
08-21-2008, 12:00 PM
The elf frowns. "I'll stay here with him, while you take the others out of this place. I'll protect him." She slides a ring off a finger and pushes it towards Kaidon. "As a sign of good faith, take this. The only thing left of my family."

The Wandering Bard
08-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Kadion bows low to the woman. "My dear, I cannot take your gift with out repaying you some how. here take some of my rations, I have plenty left plus the priest can summon food if we need it. I also have a spare smokestick, and 2 spare daggers. take them, I can recover the rest later, please don't deny my gift."

Anaesthesia
08-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Kadion bows low to the woman. "My dear, I cannot take your gift with out repaying you some how. here take some of my rations, I have plenty left plus the priest can summon food if we need it. I also have a spare smokestick, and 2 spare daggers. take them, I can recover the rest later, please don't deny my gift."

She smiles faintly. "Thank you. I have some spells left. I'll try my best until you all come back."

Galadon
08-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Galadon looks around the area to see if there are any rooms that personal belongings might be in.

The Mistwalker
08-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Omiran looks to the curious man, who is searching the room. "You. the one who talked to the guards. What is your name, reason for being here, and who is the large feline." Omiran goes on the defensive. He saw his companions react to the other injured but this man seems differnet from the other wounded and beaten prisonners. He tone is the same metallic echo that it always has been but his eyes glitter as if daring the man to try anything the warforged would consider an act of aggression. (sorry man, the group acts this way to everyone, :P saw no reason to let you off easy. no hard feelings. Omiran is a weapon of war.)

Zane
08-21-2008, 10:06 PM
(sorry man, the group acts this way to everyone, :P saw no reason to let you off easy. no hard feelings. Omiran is a weapon of war.)
((OOC: Good job Mistwalker, I think a number of us were just focusing on Ota.))

Ashkore looks to Xana as she offers to aid Ota. "And it appears that you will have some aid as well," he says, indicating Marca. "Freeing Ota was our primary reason for coming here, but now that we are here - I can't see a reason to not go after Iellon. Any objections?" he asks the others.

The Wandering Bard
08-21-2008, 11:54 PM
(Yes, I whole heartedly agree, congrats Mist. for catching that. Kadion is a "busy" with his new, intresting friend (the elf, and much to Ashkores disdain, it is another lovely woman :-P )

Kadion thanks the elf again, "Madame, before we part ways, could you tell me more about this ring? I as a bard am truely curious, plus a gift from such a lovely woman is something for the tales." (essentually, kadions asking if she'll ID the ring, if she can tell us about the ring it could save him a spell.)

Galadon
08-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Omiran looks to the curious man, who is searching the room. "You. the one who talked to the guards. What is your name, reason for being here, and who is the large feline." Omiran goes on the defensive. He saw his companions react to the other injured but this man seems differnet from the other wounded and beaten prisonners. He tone is the same metallic echo that it always has been but his eyes glitter as if daring the man to try anything the warforged would consider an act of aggression. (sorry man, the group acts this way to everyone, :P saw no reason to let you off easy. no hard feelings. Omiran is a weapon of war.)

I am Galadon a druid captured by these people for unknown reasons.

Galadon points to the guards on the floor.

This is my animal companion, he travels with me. Since everyone is being care for I was trying to find our personal belonging.

The Mistwalker
08-22-2008, 08:12 PM
Well met, I will harass you no more, unless you make a move against my fellows. We track one known as a worshipper of blue dragons. do you know where he resides? have you seen him lately? what are your intentions now that you are free?

Anaesthesia
08-22-2008, 09:04 PM
"There is nothing special about the ring. It has only been passed down from one generation to the next."

Ota stirs for a moment, then silence.

(Galadon, a search check, please, if you wish to continue to look for belongings)

Galadon
08-23-2008, 02:44 PM
:confused:

Galadon
08-23-2008, 02:50 PM
:eek: Looks like I'm still looking.

The Wandering Bard
08-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Darn I hate to use my spells but you need your strenght.

Kadion casts Cure Light wounds (x2) (valkier save your spells, yours are stronger then mine. Plus my fun spells are all higher lvl.)

Cure Light Wounds cast 1
cure light wounds 2

Galadon
08-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Well met, I will harass you no more, unless you make a move against my fellows. We track one known as a worshipper of blue dragons. do you know where he resides? have you seen him lately? what are your intentions now that you are free?

So many questions in a short time. I strive to maintain the balance, if this one you mention is distruptive I can lead aid.

Zane
08-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Darn I hate to use my spells but you need your strenght.
((OOC: Sorry, I've got some healing as well. I must have misread things, thinking that everyone had gotten treatement. Can we get a general overview of what condition everyone is in?))

Anaesthesia
08-23-2008, 09:11 PM
((OOC: Sorry, I've got some healing as well. I must have misread things, thinking that everyone had gotten treatement. Can we get a general overview of what condition everyone is in?))

((OOC:From Valkier's last post, everyone was at least stablized, including Ota. Almost everyone at this point can at least walk, Ota could probably at best sit up~this is not including Kaidon's recent casting. If Kaidon's spells are used on Ota, he could probably stand/walk, but would be in need of help to do so.))

Calling out to those out near the stairs, "Have you found any belongings? Secret passages? Anything of the sort?" asks a young man, who is near the back of the grouping of prisoners.

The Wandering Bard
08-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Well I could save the spells and we could all rest, giving Ashkore a chance to mend people with his regeneration power. Plus it would allow everyone to memorize spells and such. plus we could hold this room most likely, in defense if needed.

Zane
08-23-2008, 11:49 PM
((OOC: As much as I hate to stop and rest in the middle of our search, it might be for the best, yes.))

Ashkore kneels down to Ota as the man tries to drink some water. Ashkore places a hand on Ota's shoulder and closes his eyes, hoping his idea works. "By the grace of Bahamut and the bronzes that follow him, aid this opponent of the vile blues." he prays softly as he sends forth radiating healing warmth into Ota. Ota would feel a warmth starting where Ashkore is touching him, rising almost to spa temperatures before spreading out, and diminishing in heat, throughout his body. ((Touch of vitality - 28 hp returned.))

Ashkore opens his eyes and seeing Ota looking better, he smiles. "Excellent, I hadn't tried to use that on another before. Feeling better now?" Ashkore then looks up at the others, trying to figure out when last they rested. "This place should work as a decent resting place, or at least as decent as we will find, if needed."

CountVander
08-24-2008, 12:38 PM
As Ryoku smiles to the old man, she wanders over to the gentleman examining the key shaped hole, and looks into her hand where she clutches the keys she found, trying to determine if they would fit there.

Galadon
08-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Galadon ponders the problem of missing belonging. Looking down at Nacht he grabs a pocket for a second and makes a circle with one finger. The panther starts to walk around the walls of the room sniffing.

Galadon continues to search for belonging, while watch the others. Galadon rolls some dice

Anaesthesia
08-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Ryoku- examining the keys, you note that one of the keys looks like it would fit into the keyhole.

The panther smells something very familiar near the wall which Ryoku is at.

Galadon
08-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Nacht knows my scent


Galadon pets the panther while talking to Ryoku

I believe there is items hidden behind this wall.

headeast76
08-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Nacht knows my scent


Galadon pets the panther while talking to Ryoku

I believe there is items hidden behind this wall.



Shay walks over and searches for any hidden doors or traps... Search check (1d20+13/12+13 = 25) afterwards of course he introduces himself and his companion, Hello my name is Shay Trapsetter and my black wolf companion with the saddle and saddle bags is Midnight. She has a great personality and a great judge of character.

Anaesthesia
08-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Shay, your search of the area leads you to believe the wall near Ryoku and Galadon are standing is a false wall, but the keyhole is beyond your reach.

"If we are to stay the night here, we should set up a watch system, then." Xana replies to Ashkore

headeast76
08-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Shay, your search of the area leads you to believe the wall near Ryoku and Galadon are standing is a false wall, but the keyhole is beyond your reach.

"If we are to stay the night here, we should set up a watch system, then." Xana replies to Ashkore





Shay goes to Midnight's saddlebags and digs around until he starts setting things on the ground, some pitons, a hammer and what appears to be some lock picking devices. "Up there's a way in, I'm just sure of it." "This is a false wall I just have to get at the way through it."

The Mistwalker
08-26-2008, 11:44 PM
I have no need of sleep. As long as I rest, my core will recharge its powers. I can keep watch. the rest of you can get some sleep. Unless someone wants to sit in for a few shifts with me.

The Mistwalker
08-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Omiran watches for danger

Omiran listens for anything other then his friends.

spot roll
listen roll

Anaesthesia
08-27-2008, 12:26 PM
((OOC: Ryoku, did you want to try the keys before Shay tried to open it? :confused:))

Omiran, you don't see or hear anything out of the ordinary.

Marca flies over to Liani, sitting near her.

Valkier Silverwing
08-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Valkier looks to the shiny metal man "I will keep you company on the last shift. I have my devotions to preform in the morning anyways. plus perhapes I can create some food for every one.

The Wandering Bard
08-28-2008, 12:04 AM
Kadion looks to the others. Sounds good to me, I will stay up for the first shift. I don't sleep well sometimes, plus I would like to talk with the others to see how they came to be here.

Kadion begins asking all those that were free'd by the band.

Zane
08-28-2008, 12:26 AM
"If we are to stay the night here, we should set up a watch system, then." Xana replies to Ashkore
Ashkore nods in agreement, then smiles as his companions begin to make arrangements. "It appears as though that will be easy enough. Rest does sound good, but I must admit that I am quite intrigued to hear your tale milady. So, if you wouldn't mind - I'm sure a couple others," he gives a nod to Kaidon, "would be equally interested."

Marca flies over to Liani, sitting near her.
Liani smiles at her sister, and then asks her, "Marca lzac waffaz, aj Liani qjozxkoqi maj Marca?" ((Used the new site (http://www.geocities.com/flashguardian/chartest/translator.html) - the draconic is very different from the past site used, but this one seems to 'translate' all words more easily - and it gives us one site to use.)) If needed, Liani will translate what has been discussed and what will be, otherwise she will just chat in draconic, quietly, with Marca catching up and telling her sister of her adventures thus far.

CountVander
08-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Ryoku takes one of the keys, the one that looks like it would like to fit there, and slides it in, twisting it to the left, then right.

Anaesthesia
08-28-2008, 01:45 PM
"E lzac xafi ikpiz." Marca says to Liani.

The wall suddenly moves backwards and slides to one side. Inside is very dark, but the little light in the room behind Ryoku glints off of items inside. Xana and several of the others move towards the room. One, grabs a torch off one of the walls.

Galadon
08-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Galadon looks in the room.

Galadon rolls some dice

The Wandering Bard
08-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Kadion spins into a defensive stance at the sound of the door opening. (or the people moving if he doesn't hear the door) His sword out, and offers to cast light on a copper coin in his bag. he throws the coin in through the doorway allowing the light to brighten the new room.

Anaesthesia
08-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Galadon, you don't see any of your items immediately, amongst the first few piles. As someone holds the torch behind you, you see other piles in the back.

CountVander
08-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Ryoku quickly takes a look into the room, her eyes widen in amazement.

"The Forest never held such mysteries..."

Spot 23 (1d20=16 + 7=23)

OOC: I tried rolling the dice thingy, but it wouldn't display the d20 result, maybe someone can help me with that.

Galadon
08-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Galadon continues his seach. Moving piles with his foot.

Galadon rolls some dice

Anaesthesia
08-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Galadon, you find your belongings at last, in a far corner, buried under other things.

Ryoku, what strikes you most about the room, are the piles that are placed around the small room.

The small group of former prisoners pick through the piles, finally finding their items. Once the last few come out of the small room, it is apparent there is still many unclaimed items inside.

The Wandering Bard
08-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Kadion shouts to those in the room. "please if you could, pick up that copper before you go. Oh and what do you see?" Kadion adds the last, almost as if in an after thought.

CountVander
08-30-2008, 05:53 AM
Ryoku begins to search through the piles, in complete wonderment at the items and coins before her, not completely understanding its significance.

((OOC: taking a twenty to search the remaining piles.))

The Mistwalker
08-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Omiran lumbers up to the room with the others and casts Detect Magic, from his natural abilities.

Anaesthesia
08-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Omiran, you only find a 10 arrows, and two rings.

Ryoku, you find several weapons, many bags filled with clothing and rotten rations. In one of the bags, you come across a small leatherbound book.

The Wandering Bard
08-31-2008, 11:47 AM
Kadion waits patiently waits for everyone to settle down and comes back to the room. he is still curious to hear about how everyone came to be captured and locked in here.

Galadon
08-31-2008, 03:09 PM
Galadon checks and is satisfied that everything is here. He walks out of the small room and sits on the floor leaning against the wall.

Nacht lyies down beside him.

"Can anyone one tell me what is going on here?"

The Mistwalker
08-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Omiran moves over to piles of bags and rotting rations and pulls out the arrows and 2 rings and takes them over to the bard. "If you have the time, I found these in the piles of belongings. I can't identify them but you are more then welcome to try."

Anaesthesia
08-31-2008, 11:31 PM
Xana sits near the center of the room-where most of the torchlight is falling. Rolling up her sleeves, revealing many more tattoos, "I am not sure why many of us are here in particular,"looking at the new comers in the room "but, maybe one of you has more information?"

The Wandering Bard
09-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Kadion sits down and stares at one of the rings. he casts Identify (sorry big guy, only have one last 1st. spell, I'll have to ID the others after I rest)

Anaesthesia
09-01-2008, 09:37 PM
The ring is a ring of blinking.

The Wandering Bard
09-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Kadion claps his hands with delight "Ashkore we have a new toy. so who would like this pretty little jewel?"

Valkier Silverwing
09-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Valkier kneels and performs his nightly prayers to Bahamut. After his prayers the cleric looks towards the bard. "perhapes the little thief could benefit from the ring."

CountVander
09-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Ryoku touches the book gingerly, then opens it slowly, in wonderment. She begins to read the first page, unless the book is locked, then she will look for a key or a way to open it.

headeast76
09-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Shay gets indignant when he heres the word thief " What did you say? , Thief is a term used for the scum you find in jails for taking others stuff.... I my friend am not a thief I'm just an adventurer like yourself out to do my part to keep my friends safe so if you please never let me here you describe me as a thief again thank you..." " However i would like the ring if no one objects. "

The Wandering Bard
09-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Many pardons Shay, I'm sure that Valkier meant no disrespect. (nudging the cleric hard so to prevent the cleric from missing the hint) Kadion looks to Ryoku, Miss would you like the ring? if you have no use for it then it goes to Shay, If you would then we will have to come up with some way to figure who gets it. (I suggest each person rolls a D6 and see who comes up with the highest roll)

Anaesthesia
09-03-2008, 05:33 PM
((OOC: Just pointing out a player and an NPC both asked questions, and neither were answered.))

Ryoku-you realize the small book is a journal. There are many entries, some in common, but most in another language. You realize some of the entries in common are talking about a particular artifact, called here The Staff of the Dragon King.

((Not sure if Ryoku knows Gnome, if so, read the following Entry in the Journal using the nifty translator site here (http://www.geocities.com/flashguardian/chartest/translator.html)))

A particularly striking entry, which was written in Gnome:

Cu dosu tyrommi dosu fdu Vfott cyfdyr aen nuowd..Cu levf gu woefyaev, ov yf'v ruc acrun yv raf cymmyrb fa zonf cyfd yf. Li walzoryarv orh Y onu fniyrb fa zunveohu dyl fa bysu yf fa ev, znalyvyrb cu caemh nufenr yf fa fdu Gmeu Hnobarv-gef du yv nuvyvforf fa fdyv. Y ol venu du vuuv fdnaebd aen tomvu znalyvuv. Umofo loi gu yr horbun yt fdu vfott yv mutf yr fdyv domt-umt'v dorhv.

(OOC: Last comment of the day...Is anyone having trouble with the Google Document? If so, I can either post a character thread here & call it a day; or make up several documents, with 2 or 3 characters to that document. Let me know..)

The Wandering Bard
09-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Kadion decides to share what information he knows. "Madame, we are here tracking a servent of the blue dragons. We tracked him here because he captured one of our friends. (gesturing towards Ota) all we really know is that the lord of this pit, is gathering powerful items to use against the world. I cannot speak for the others, but I also have a personal reason for tracking this man, well actually two reasons.....well three reasons....well.....no its three reasons. I want to find a story worthy of allowing me access to a bardic college, I want my story to spread across the world, and I am honored to be part of the tale. the second reason is because the Blues destroyed my home.....I will have revenge. the third reason is I want to prevent the blues from doing the same thing in to the whole area. we have freed the Dwarves and I hope to be able to aid the elves. Omiran has friends in the elven communities and I know he wants the same." Kadion grows silent waiting to see if the information is enough, or if any of the others want to add to his answer.

CountVander
09-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Ryoku blushes, but extends a hand so that Kadion may place the ring on her finger. She beams at him and bows deeply in respect, and sits down, reading every entry she can in common, as well as Gnome.

OOC: She does know gnome, elf and Common for languages.))

The Wandering Bard
09-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Ok well it's up to Shay....To be far Either Shay declines it or Ryoku declines the ring, or you both roll a D6 and who ever has the higher number gets the ring.

Anaesthesia
09-04-2008, 03:50 PM
((Thanks for catching that, TWB. ;) If Shay lets Ryoku have it (or vis versa), that's fine, if not, please make a roll.))

The Mistwalker
09-04-2008, 04:35 PM
(who knew that such a wise man could inhabit the same body with such a crazy loon :-P but yeah good call Kadion)

Omiran looks at the arrows knowing that Kadion is the most likely person to claim them as he seems to use his bow to good effect, then wonders what properties the other ring might hold. Omrian is facsinated by magic as it is the creator of his life.

the warforged will spend the night pacing the perimeter of the camp.

Valkier Silverwing
09-04-2008, 06:47 PM
:) well put Mist.


Valkier will pray for his spells and then rise in the morning and check on all of the former prisonners to get an accurate appraisal of the welfare of each person, and to see if anyone still needs healing (though as long as Ashkore stays close to the party his aura should have healed most people)

headeast76
09-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Shay would not normally ask the lady for such an item but these are not normal times.... " My lady may I ask a favor can we flip a coin to see who gets the ring or better yet I have a bone to throw " (1d6+0/2+0 = 2)

CountVander
09-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Ryoku looks to Shay and smiles.

"No need to flip dear, if you desire it, you may have it, I thought he meant it for me as a token of friendship, but no matter, His smile is token enough for me. Please take it if it will aid you, for I know not much about such fine jewelry."

She bows her head and lets Shay take the ring.

Anaesthesia
09-05-2008, 01:04 PM
**Early Next Morning**

The prisoners are healed-including Ota. To those closest to him, he whispers, "I still feel weak. Are my belongings over there, in that room?"

Valkier, a heavily armored man aproaches you, after you finish your morning prayers. "It is nice to see another follower of Bahamut. I am called Sir Jacques Beorn."

The Wandering Bard
09-05-2008, 03:52 PM
(the pleasure was all of mine madame (bowing low to our gracious DM :) )

Kadion notes as people move about the room. Ota seems to be moving better and a large armored man moves towards Valkier, seeing nothing of danger for the moment. Kadions curiousty perks up and he moves to the arrows and ring. taking the ring first he casts Identify on it, followed by the arrows. (DM would you like me to deduct the 100g. from my sheet or would you like to pass on the costs for the ID spell?)

Anaesthesia
09-05-2008, 05:03 PM
((Reread this (the spell is here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/identify.htm)):Arcane Material Component-A pearl of at least 100 gp value, crushed and stirred into wine with an owl feather; the infusion must be drunk prior to spellcasting. I think you need the pearl that's worth 100gp-not just 100 gp, unless you were planning on somehow crushing the gp. And you'd need 1 pearl every time you cast it (along with the other stuff). :p ))

Ryoku, you gather from your reading that this staff was made by the Gnomes, but quickly hid soon after its creation-as the Gnome elders feared it would fall into the wrong hands. It does not mention how it was taken from the Gnomes, however the Gnome who wrote the journal and a few others were sent to recover the piece. The author does not relate how the staff works, nor why they feared it going into the wrong hands.

Zane
09-05-2008, 09:58 PM
((Sorry, been out of it a bit recently - moving and new jobs means tons of work to get situated, and I don't have the internet access during the day that I used to - at least not yet. :P ))

Ashkore remains with Ota, keeping a close eye on the man's well being. "From what I understand, there are a number of things over there. Unfortunately, I don't recall what your equipment looked like. If you describe it, I'd be happy to check for you while you rest."

The Wandering Bard
09-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Kadion shakes his head and sighs. well It looks like the rest of this will have to wait for me to ID, I just don't have the needed materials for the spells. sorry guys.

The Wandering Bard
09-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Ah....so where to now, gents? oh and Lady....Kadion says with a bow to the monk.

looking to Xana, will you be alright from here? you all are more then welcome to come with us to confront the man who did this to you, but I will cast a warning, he is said to be very powerful, you might have a better chance going out the way we can.....though with the time it took us to rest, I'm sure the guards have found the bodies. and watch out for the swinging blade trap right out side the door....Its a killer ;) Kadion smiles at his pun.

Anaesthesia
09-07-2008, 08:27 PM
"My sheild and pack both have the symbol of Kord on it. My weapons are a battleaxe, a shortbow and two daggers. I am not sure I am able to be of any help to anyone, but I thought I may be able to receive some needed rest at a Temple of Kord." rasps Ota.

"I prefer my more subtle methods, but if you in a hurrry to seek out this half-elf, I can show you the way there. I however must report back to my superiors after that." says Xana with a smirk.

The heavily armored man speaks, saying, "I don't suppose you would need extra hands? I am always willing to help those in the fight against the Blues."

The Wandering Bard
09-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Any help we can get it is appreciated. Another arm, another spell, another set of eyes watching our backs is more then welcome. Greetings I am Kadion Bain. Bard, Healer, trickster, and locksmith, and at times the distance support for this rather rag-tag band of misfits.

Zane
09-08-2008, 01:37 AM
Ashkore nods to Ota, then goes to look for his belongings in the storage room.

However, before he gets there, he pauses at Xana's comment. "Those directions would be more than appreciated Xana. When you leave, would you be able to help Ota here leave this place and get back to Mustifon? We would appreciate it greatly of course."

CountVander
09-08-2008, 09:19 AM
OOC: Does Ryoku have the staff? If so then I will respond in kind, if not, I will get the staff and continue onward

Valkier Silverwing
09-08-2008, 01:39 PM
OOC: Sorry DM, I forgot about the his question.

Clasping the mans fore arm, he welcomes the man. "May Bahamut guide our blades to purge the this world from the blues. I gladly welcome the aid of another of the church. It has been to long since I have fought side by side with one of my brothers in arms."

Anaesthesia
09-08-2008, 07:03 PM
OOC: Does Ryoku have the staff? If so then I will respond in kind, if not, I will get the staff and continue onward

OOC-no, the staff isn't there--the journal just talks about it.

Xana smiles, and nods. "Yes, I can take care of your friend. Where the half-elf's does business is not too far from the outskirts."

Ashkore, you quickly find the pack and sheild that Ota described.

Zane
09-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Ashkore nods in thanks to Xana before going and locating Ota's equipment. Finding it, he collects it and returns the items to Ota. "This is all I found, likely Illeon took the weapons to arm his foolish followers."

Galadon
09-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Galadon's panther growls a few times, his tails moving quickly back and forth. Galadon holds up a hand and said. "Just a little longer."

Galadon looks at Kadion

"Do you know how much longer we will remain inside, I think we would do much better outside?"

CountVander
09-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Ryoku closes the sighs, standing up.

"May I suggest that we tend to the wounds in a more secure location, I get the feeling that the owner of this room may come back shortly, to inspect his... what do you call it? horde? Let us carry forward with due caution."

She smiles to them all trying to lift their spirits and stands next to Kadion.

The Mistwalker
09-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Omiran steps up.. We shouldn't be in here much longer...if we can finish what needs to be done we will be leaving very very quickly.

Anaesthesia
09-11-2008, 12:21 PM
"If everyone's ready, let's go then." Xana says, picking up the rest of her things and making a motion for Marca to follow her.

The Wandering Bard
09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Kadion, armed with his bow looks to Ashkore... "So my good friend. Shall I lead or follow you?"

Zane
09-11-2008, 06:24 PM
"Since no one came during the evening, I doubt anyone will in the next few minutes either. But I don't see a need to stick around either. Let's move and end Illeon's threat once and for all." Ashkore looks to Xana to lead the way, following behind the woman with Liani riding on his shoulder.

Valkier Silverwing
09-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Valkier moves to stand along side the others. his trident glittering and sparking in hand.

CountVander
09-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Ryoku walks near both Kadion and the cleric, feeling safe in their presence.

Galadon
09-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Galadon follows behind everyone with Nacht by his side.

headeast76
09-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Taking point Shay reasons " Midnight will hear and smell anything amiss and I also can disarm any lock or trap we might come across, that is if no one objects. (Search check 1d20+13/16+13 = 29) just walking and searching.

Anaesthesia
09-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Xana slowly picks her way throu the passageways, and cautiously waits, looks around before entering any new passageway. Midnight does not see or note anything out of the ordinary or at least nothing to be wary of. In no time, she is at the bottom of the stairs, and the arena grounds in front of her. Looking around the arena, the seats are empty, but the grounds and aisles are spilled with blood.

"Quickly, run to those doors, before anyone spots us. This place is unusually quiet, keep your eyes open."

CountVander
09-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Ryoku heeds the words of Xana, and waits for a few of the others to safely make it across before sprinting silently towards the doors.

The Wandering Bard
09-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Kadion takes his position half way down the steps, his bow up ready to provide support fire for his friends. "Well, which one of you chaps wants to go first?"

Zane
09-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Ashkore rolls his eyes at the hesitations and starts out into the arena, commenting to Xana, "It is quiet because we emptied this place out earlier and slew many of Illeon's guards." He continues his path, striding confidentally across the arena towards the doors.

The Mistwalker
09-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Omiran passses the others following the Dragon Shaman. the warforged's massive black sword, leading the way.

Anaesthesia
09-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Ashkore & Omiran (as well as anyone next to them), make a reflex save-DC 17, please. :)

Zane
09-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Liani, as usual, is riding on Ashkore's shoulder - holding herself in a regal stance as well, until something happens out of the corner of her eye, that causes her to take flight immediately.

Feeling Liani take off, Ashkroe too reacts, dropping a bit and spinning as he tries to see what spooked Liani.

Ashkore Reflex, Liani Reflex

The Wandering Bard
09-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Kadion who's only halfway down the steps is caught by suprise by Omiran and Ashkore's sudden movements. He throws up his hands to ward his companions back.

CountVander
09-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Ryoku sees Kadion's motion and clutches to him, looking about in surprise.

headeast76
09-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Shay and Midnights reflex saves (Shays 1d20+13/5+13 = 18) (Midnights 1d20+5/20+5 = 25) just in case

Valkier Silverwing
09-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Valkier moves his aging body out of harms way (or attempts to depending on the roll)

reflex

The Wandering Bard
09-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Kadion pushes all of those around him away from valkier and Ashkore, having seen them scrambling away from something.

Anaesthesia
09-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Those who rolled 16 and under-27 damage. Those who have rolled a 17 or higher-half damage. ((OOC:I believe Liani is immune to fire, right?..))

There is a smell of singed hair and fur in the air. The air is smokey for a few moments. Deranged laughter is heard, seemingly filling the entire space. Loud steps accompany this laughter, which seem to echo as well.

Zane
09-18-2008, 07:55 PM
((OOC:I believe Liani is immune to fire, right?..))

There is a smell of singed hair and fur in the air. The air is smokey for a few moments. Deranged laughter is heard, seemingly filling the entire space. Loud steps accompany this laughter, which seem to echo as well.
((OOC: Yes, and if only Ashkore was a couple levels higher... :D ))

Ashkore looks around as the smokey air begins to dissipate as he searches for the source of the laughter, his eyes shining red for a split moment as he shifts his draconic aura, sharpening the senses of those nearest him ((Draconid Aura - Senses, +2 Spot, Listen, and Initiative)).

"Is that the best the foolish minions of the Dark Brigade can muster? Face me now, or go run off and hide like your master." Ashkore calls out as he tries to locate the source.

Flying above him, Liani uses her keen senses as well to locate the source of the blast and laughter.
Ashkore's Spot and Listen checks, Liani's Spot and Listen checks.

CountVander
09-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Ryoku sees the fire and goes wide, having a natural fear of large bursts of fire. She peers from behind Kadion, her heart racing, her breath quickening and her temper starting to flare at the uncalled for attack on her friends.

"Do many people fight from the shadows?" She whispers to Kadion.

Galadon
09-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Nacht crouches down and hisses.

Galadon looks around. "Not to orginal are they."

Anaesthesia
09-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Ashkore, you don't see him, but can disern the footsteps and laughter are coming from an area to your right.

Zane
09-21-2008, 03:04 AM
"Fine, let's see how you like some fire." Ashkore mutters under his breath. He takes a deep breath and then sends out a blast of fire himself at the area where he detected the footsteps and laughter. ((Breath weapon, Ref save for half - DC 18))Breath weapon fire damage

Valkier Silverwing
09-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Valkier hisses as the fire sears the flesh of his skin. the magic of his trident flares casting a bright blue/white light through the corridore. he brings his shield up and trident out. After a few breaths he steps out of the stairwell to the base of the stairs and out of the arch way.

[1d20+4]Spot roll[/roll]

Valkier Silverwing
09-21-2008, 06:21 PM
sorry, having age issues :-P and forgotten the coding for the die roller.
spot=13

The Wandering Bard
09-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Valkier I sent you the coding for the dice system :)

Kadion moves down the stairs to stand behind Ashkore, his glittering arrow casting firelight in the direction the Dragon Shaman is looking. If Kadion sees movement he will fire his arrow. (waiting to see if Kadion sees movement before I roll an attack roll)

Galadon
09-22-2008, 05:45 PM
:confused:

Anaesthesia
09-23-2008, 04:14 PM
((Just a note, those of you who are out side and recieved damage are not in a hall anymore--you're in the open arena. Those of you who stopped behind them are on a short set of stairs going down to the open arena))

Kaidon, scanning the arena quickly you do not detect movement, except for a smokey trail emminating from the arena's stands nearby. It ends somewhere in a spot where the person is mostly hidden by columns and banners.

Valkier you spot a smoke trail coming from the nearby stands. The smoke ends at a shrouded figure.

The person, coughs for a minute or two, then speaks, looking at Ashkore."Learned some new tricks, with those dragons, did you? And all this time, I thought they were too snooty to deal with us commoners". He gestures to himself and slightly bows.

Zane
09-24-2008, 12:06 AM
((Just a note, those of you who are out side and recieved damage are not in a hall anymore--you're in the open arena. Those of you who stopped behind them are on a short set of stairs going down to the open arena))

Kaidon, scanning the arena quickly you do not detect movement, except for a smokey trail emminating from the arena's stands nearby. It ends somewhere in a spot where the person is mostly hidden by columns and banners.

Valkier you spot a smoke trail coming from the nearby stands. The smoke ends at a shrouded figure.

The person, coughs for a minute or two, then speaks, looking at Ashkore."Learned some new tricks, with those dragons, did you? And all this time, I thought they were too snooty to deal with us commoners". He gestures to himself and slightly bows.
Ashkore seems to focus on the figure that addressed him, and apparently had sent the flames at him and his friends, trying to place the voice with someone he once knew. "You speak as though you know me. Identify yourself and provide a satisfactory reason for attacking us." Ashkore pauses as he sees a familiar form at the edge of his vision, and a smirk comes to his face. "Or, you can not and find out just what a dragon can do to a foolish commoner such as yourself." That said, Ashkore nods to above the figure, where Liani has made her way and is hovering a bit above the figure, amongst the columns and banners.

Liani hovers well overhead of the figure, but keeping him within the blast of her breath weapon in case it's needed. As she does, she tries to reach out with her senses to make sure there are no others hiding, even as her eyes are trained on the figure below her.

CountVander
09-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Ryoku watches the dialogue and holds her breath, letting one hand fall upon her weapon, in case she must defend her friends.

Anaesthesia
09-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Ashkore, as the figure moves closer, you recognize him as the cruel Mayor of Mustifon, and certainly seems he has retain the office for over 5 years, as he still wears the badges and other marks of mayorship. He walks down the stairs and reaches the small wall and gate that seperates the seating area from the arena. He opens the gate, walks through it, and leaves the gate open behind him. Standing in front of the gate, he unsheaths a sword. "Well, it's high time to find out, isn't it? I challenge you to a fight. To be fair, I'll allow you to have one of your friends fight alongside you. The rest, must leave the premises immediately. What say you?"

Zane
09-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Ashkore growls slightly as the man emerges from the shadows and calls forth the challenge. Keeping his eyes on the mayor, he speaks to his companions. "Kaidon - get the others out of here, and don't argue about it. Valkier, will you join me in teaching this foolish servant of the blues a lesson?"

The Wandering Bard
09-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Kadion moves up to Valkier and sings a soft song to the priest before he and the others depart. As he places his hands on the Mans back he slips his hand into one of the pouches dropping a small object into the leather pouch.

(valkier theres a PM heading your way.)

The Wandering Bard
09-26-2008, 12:14 AM
cure light wounds roll

Anaesthesia
09-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Xana and a few of the others make their way past Kaidon and wait on the other side of the gate. There are several worried and anxious looks. Once everyone is accounted for, Xana points out the main gate, and starts walking towards it. Once the party moves out of the arena, the Mayor closes the gate behind them.

Fletcher taps Kaidon on the arm as they walk. "I can accompany Xana back here after everyone is shown the way to Iellon's place. Xana can take care of Ota, and I can show Ashkore and Valkier the way,"pausing, he frowns slightly."If anything should happen to them, I'll take them to Luwelet first and send a message to you from there. Is that acceptable?"

((OOC:Valkier, Ashkore & Liani, you all may post init :fencing: ))

Valkier Silverwing
09-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Valkier slams his trident into the ground and casts Light of Lumia.. the silver glow bursts around his hand..

"I give you one chance to surrender now. Lay down your arms or you will die. Bahamut cares for his charges." Valkier holds the trident in a defensive position and his shield to fend off any attacks.

Zane
09-27-2008, 01:59 AM
Ashkore focuses on the mayor once his friends make it out. "Although, personally I hope you don't surrender. I haven't cleansed this world of enough vile blue kissers yet." Ashkore steadies his aura, ensuring that his companions are as prepared for the battle as possible. ((Senses: +2 Initiative))
Ashkore and Liani's Init rolls

Anaesthesia
09-27-2008, 01:53 PM
"Surrender? Why would I do a silly thing like that."

Once outside the arena, Xana turns to the group, "Stay close together. It's easy to get lost." ((Did we leave the horses & carts out here? I don't remember... :redface: ))

The Mistwalker
09-27-2008, 03:39 PM
OOC: Yes, we hid them outside the gates and one of the priest or thieves stood guard over them as we went inside if I remember correctly.

Omrian looks back towards his companions wondering if either of the honorable men would be insulted if he cast a spell at their attacker. Omirans tactical calcuations gave him the assumption that the one man would not fight honorably as his companions would. but he figures that the two gentlemen might not be happy about him interfering with their Duel.

The warforged instead takes his gleaming black blade and stands guard over all the injured people from the dungeons making sure that they are not attacked as they move to the town.

CountVander
09-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Ryoku has a worried look on her face and looks for a large rock or patch of green grass to sit upon. Once she finds either, she sits cross legged and closes her eyes, trying to meditate and pray for her new friends in the arena battling.

The Wandering Bard
09-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Kadion watches his friends for as long as possible until the gates close in front of him. He waits for a moment hoping that the priest understood what Kadion did.. then Kadion turns to the others, knowing that in this time he needs to be strong, to lead the rest of his friends forward.

Walking up to the stone horse Kadion whispers the magical activation word to make the mount come to life and tells Omiran that he can ride the creature.. knowing from his observations that Magical things interest the Warforged. (Valkier sent me a PM about the mount and said he would put it in his next post)

Kadion looks to everyone "well we need to get these captives to a safe place and alert the authorities of this place...perhapes now the churches will be able to purify this place or at least post a guard. Lets get moving though before we attract to much attention."

Anaesthesia
09-28-2008, 07:01 PM
((I waswaiting for a roll from Valkier--I'll roll one by tomorrow if there isn't anything. But Ashkore can start.))

Fletchers half mutters to himself,"Well, the offer still stands."

Xana clammers up the one side of the wagon, near the front. "Kaidon, we have to go that way. We need to turn the wagon 'round." She points over her shoulder, indicating the opposite way the wagon is facing. "Is she coming?" Xana points to Ryoku.

"Is there enough room up there for my pack? I don't think I would be able to fit up there." Sir Biron asks looking to the others around him.


Round One:
Ashkore-12
Mayor-8
Liani-5

Zane
09-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Once he sees Valkier is ready (i.e. after Valkier rolls Init), Ashkore quickly alters his aura with a thought, providing the mayor a surprise when he strikes his companions. ((Aura to Energy Shield)) Even as he does this, Ashkore moves up and attacks quickly.
Attack and damage

Galadon
09-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Galadon whispers something to his panther. Nacht walks over and sits near the wounded.

Galadon looks at the area and changes into an eagle. He then flies high over the area watching the combatants.

Anaesthesia
09-29-2008, 06:05 PM
The Mayor takes a few steps backwards as he is hit. He mutters a few words under his breath, and a small sound tinkling glass is heard. (Ashkore, Liani & Valkier a Will Save (DC 14); fail save a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.)


Valkier Init

(Ignore the first roll-I misstyped.)

Round 1
Ashkore-12
Mayor-8
Valkier-7 <-we are here
Liani-5

Zane
09-29-2008, 06:57 PM
((OOC: Note that due to the draconic aura, Valkier would have had a +2 on his init rool, which Ashkore did not switch until after he was ready (i.e. rolled). Yes, Ashkore's post was made before the roll, but that was his plan. Anyway, I just wanted to make clear Ashkore's intentions.))
Ashkore and Liani Will saves
Ashkore chuckles as easily shakes off the mental assault. "Is that all that your foolish servitude to the blues has gained you? If so, you are a bigger fool than I ever previously imagined."

Anaesthesia
09-30-2008, 10:32 PM
((I knew that... :redface: I'll let it go this round and move him up next round. The last few days I've been out at rehersal anywhere from 6-8 hours each day, plus I'm sick, so I'm really not all there. :( ))

"I'm sure if he was of some use to the blues, he wouldn't be here, bad as his fighting skills are." the cleric says, wryly.

The Mayor scowls deeply, seeing that his spell had no effect. He also seems to be particularly angered at the comments made.

Valkier Will Save


Round 1
Ashkore-12
Mayor-8
Valkier-7
Liani-5 <-we are here

Zane
09-30-2008, 11:16 PM
((OOC: No problem, that's why I tried explaining it in more detail. :D ))

Liani hovers back where the mayor had been hidden, chuckling at the comments made at the Mayor's expense. Although she wouldn't mind taking a bite from the old fool, she realizes that this is Ashkore and Valkier's fight, so she watches for now - just as Ashkore bore witness to her fight with the blue wyrmling.

((OOC: The mayor offered combat against Ashkore and one companion, so that is how we will do it. Of course, Liani will step up if it becomes needed, but until that moment, she will simply stay back and watch. If I feel that she would get involved, I will make a post - otherwise, consider her to simply in total defense each round. I know that means I would have waited to roll init, but this way it is done. Make sense?))

Zane
09-30-2008, 11:27 PM
((Since Ashkore goes first, I just decided to post his next round action. I tried to add it to the same one to avoid double posting, but the dice roll wouldn't show, so I had to double-post, sorry.))

Ashkore gives a slight nod to Valkier, although he never takes his eyes off the mayor, as the priest speaks as though he wasn't affected by the mayor as well. "Likely just a local connection, since he can't do much else." Ashkore pauses for half a second, shifting his aura again to better suit his current needs. ((Swift action - Draconic Aura to Power)) After just the slightest of pauses, Ashkore strikes out again at the mayor.
Ashkore attack and damage

Valkier Silverwing
10-01-2008, 08:19 AM
(OOC: thanks DM... I suffered a family crisis this week so I've been unable to take time to reach the computer.. I also thank my compaions for bearing with me)

Valkiers long mustaches bristle at the mans words.. seeing Ashkore move into attack the Cleric moves to flank the mayor. (That would be a +2 on your attack rolls if I remember correctly)

OOC: DM I'm away from my books at the moment.. if Valkier gets a flanking bonus, would you be so kinda as to add that to the attack roll.. thanks

attack roll for Valkier against the mayor
damage (piercing)
[roll=1d6] shocking damage[/roll}

Valkier Silverwing
10-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Shocking damage

The Wandering Bard
10-01-2008, 08:27 AM
your welcome to place your packs in the wagon.. I think we should have enough room in here kadion says to the Follower of Bahamut.

Handle animals roll to urge horses to turn the wagon.

Urging horses

The Wandering Bard
10-01-2008, 08:27 AM
wow... that was really bad... I guess I'll take my time for 10 that should give me an 18.

if thats not enough Kadion will start to sing to enthrall the horses then use his suggestion skill to urge them in the right direction.

Perform roll

The Wandering Bard
10-01-2008, 08:31 AM
perform roll

CountVander
10-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Ryoku watches the bard perform, and she instinctively begins to rise and dance, slowly, each movement graceful. It is as if his rhythm is within her, and she feels it bringing her peace, hope, comfort. Her eyes close and she starts to integrate some of her more martial skills with the dance, and what is seen is beauty, graceful and somewhat powerful, a dance that can make sad men smile and frightened children sigh in safety.

Anaesthesia
10-02-2008, 10:17 PM
The Mayor is injured severly; there is a smell of burned hair. Some new blood spills on the arena floor. The Mayor hefts his sword and swings at Ashkore, making contact on the arms (7 damage).

This Round:
Ashkore-12-we are here
Valkier-9
Mayor-8
((Liani-5))

The horses turn their heads and stare at Kaidon, making slight movements with their hooves. Then suddenly Ebony (the one on the left), seemingly trying to get a better view of the bard, starts moving slowly, making the other horse move with it. The horses (and wagon) make a slow left turn until the wagon is facing the opposite direction-and to the horses' distress, they no longer have a good view of Kaidon.

Zane
10-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Ashkore shrugs off the blow, and returns the attack with one of his own. ((OOC: Valkier, don't forget that you get +2 to damage rolls from Ashkore right now.))
Attack and damage

The Wandering Bard
10-03-2008, 04:15 PM
when the horses turn, the bard urges the creatures forward. slowly at first so any one who is able can climb into the wagon if there is room.

Valkier Silverwing
10-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Valkier attacks the mayor following the Dragon Shamans charge.

Valkier attacks with his trident
Piercing damage from Trident
Shocking Damage from Trident

Anaesthesia
10-04-2008, 06:33 PM
The Mayor drops his weapon, spins and falls to the ground, face up. "You will not escape the wrath of Iellon," he says, barely audible. His face goes slack, and makes no other movement. ((If either of you like to search his pockets, please make a search roll. ;) ))

Many of the former prisoners make their way to the back of the wagon. Sir Biron is walking beside the wagon, to make more room for others.

Zane
10-04-2008, 07:25 PM
"As though we would try to avoid that vile fool," Ashkore mutters in reply to the ex-Mayor. Looking to Valiker, Ashkore asks, "This wasn't even a challenge at the most basic level - why did he think he could fight me and a companion and survive?"

Ashkore takes a couple moments searching the man, hoping for a clue that might answer that question. While he searches, he also looks for any insignia that indicates his mayoral status, as proof of the man's demise.

Search check

Valkier Silverwing
10-04-2008, 08:25 PM
"Hold young one.. Allow me to seek Bahamuts guidance before you touch the vile worm. he died to easily, I dare think there might be something more to this then we think."

Valkier casts three spells Detect magic looking over the mans body and surronding area (his weapon and any dropped items) then notes them to Ashkore.

He then casts Detect Evil on thus Items and the dead body.

then last but not least casts detect trap on the same dead body (paying close attention to pockets, and items)

Zane
10-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Ashkore waits for Valkier's checks, understanding too well how easily the guy was defeated.

Anaesthesia
10-04-2008, 10:10 PM
There are 2 vials that glow (near the Mayor's hand), and there is nothing that is indicating evil or hidden traps. Ashkore, you also find a small scroll case, inside is several pieces of parchment. All of them are filled with notes (you can only pick out a few words of draconic, and the rest seems to be an unfamiliar language), and drawings adjacent to these notes.

Zane
10-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Ashkore pulls out the case and notes after Valkier gives the all clear. Not understanding them, he shows them to Valkier. "There is some other language on here, can you tell what?"

As Valkier looks over the parchments, Ashkore collects the vials for now and calls Liani over. Liani flies over and rejoins Ashkore, "What bad man have?" she asks.

The Wandering Bard
10-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Kadion continues urging the horses forward

Anaesthesia
10-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Kaidon, you get about 40 yards down the road, before Xana taps you on the shoulder. "Slow down a bit, there will be a small road that is hidden by some trees, on your right. You will see a small brown banner attached to one of the trees, before you see the actual road."

Galadon
10-05-2008, 07:53 PM
And eagle flies over and lands on one of the horses. It rides on the horse and watches.

The Wandering Bard
10-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Kadion slows the horses down at Xana's request

CountVander
10-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Ryoku follows along, complete;y absorbed in her surroundings.

The Mistwalker
10-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Omiran urges the stone steed along the path with the others.. he studies the way the mount moves in its stone state...

Anaesthesia
10-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Kaidon, slowing down, you see a small and tattered brown banner, attached to a tree limb. Once turning onto the road, you see the road narrows, and both sides of the road are lined with many trees. The sun is mostly hidden by the trees, and makes the road have a dark and gloomly feeling. Almost everyone realizes immediately is the lack of bird calls and other forest sounds.

Valkier shakes his head. "I don't recognize the language. Perhaps one of the others do. Let's get out of here, and catch up to them."

Zane
10-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Ashkore nods in agreement to Valkier as he returns the parchments to the case, sliding it into his pack. "Liani, sky watch," Ashkore says as the trio leaves the arena and heads outside, following the path the others took only a few minutes before. As soon as they are outside, Liani takes to the skies and starts looking for signs of Kaidon and the others, along with signs of possible ambushes.

Ashkore takes off in a jog as he and Valkier leave the arena, following Kaidon's trail - which he expects will be rather obvious.

((OOC: And in case it's not - that's one reason for Liani flying high, to help track the others and get the group together again.))

Anaesthesia
10-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Ashkore, you quickly pick up the trail of the group.

Liani, and those looking at the sky will notice there are ominous dark clouds overhead. (Liani has the only good view of this, and sees something strange forming in the clouds.)

The group on the road (in the forest), the horses stop moving forward, they are making strange whinning noises. (Kaidon, you may try to push the horses-a DC 25 per horse)

Seph(the ferret), Nacht and Midnight somehow "sense" something different in the air, and may stop in their tracks, whine, and act similar to the horses. (At this point they are at least wary of moving forward down the road, and masters may want to push them foward.)

Galadon
10-08-2008, 07:30 PM
The eagle flies off the horse its riding and lands on a near by tree branch.

Zane
10-08-2008, 11:22 PM
As soon as Liani believes that something is forming in the clouds, she swoops down past Ashkore. "Bad in dark clouds," she gets out, before flying as quickly as she can ahead, right at tree top level to try to get a better view of what it is, and try to warn the others. ((Fly speed - 150))

Ashkore moves ahead quickly to rejoin the group with Valkier in tow. Even as he moves, his hand moves near his morningstar, unsure of what might be coming at the group and preparing himself for another fight.

CountVander
10-09-2008, 06:34 AM
Ryoku sees Ashkore's hand going to his weapon, and she snaps out of her day dreaming, looking to the sky and the forest. She touches the trees gently, trying to feel their state. She sighs and places herself in a ready stance, walking along with her hand on her kama and the other touching each tree in passing.

Anaesthesia
10-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Liani sees that the odd shape has grown, and has more of a triagular type shape to it. Before she gets too close to it, a large, and violent gust of wind, battering her wings, and blowing her back 60 feet. She has lost sight of most of the group on the ground, but sees Valkier about to enter the trees. (She also takes 7 nonlethal damage)

Ryoku-you note that the trees are shaking, looking up, you see the branches are moving very violently.

Galadon, the branch you have landed on is now moving and shaking violently.

Galadon
10-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Not exactly a good time for flying, Galadon thinks to himself.

The Eagle flies to the ground, next to the tree and changes back to human form. Looking around the area to see if any new visitors are coming by land.

Zane
10-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Liani quickly flies down to road level and follows Valkier into the trees, landing on the priest's shoulder for now. "Shape in cloud grow, send hurting wind at Liani," she says as she looks up to where the cloud and strange form had been.

Anaesthesia
10-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Valkier walks briskly towards the group, but before he reaches the group, almost deafening noises are heard. There are a lot of debris flying about, the wind at the moment has only picked up leaves, small branches and the sort. The horses, then panic at hearing the sound, and bolt, vearing off the road (going slightly ahead and to the left), but before they get too far, they (the horses themselves) get pinned between trees.

CountVander
10-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Ryoku, seeing the horse's distress, runs to them and attempts to free them, being careful to avoid their hooves in their panic.

Anaesthesia
10-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Ryoku, roll a charisma check (1d20+Charisma Modifier).

A loud, crashing noise is heard, intermixed with the wind. Several large trees fall, ahead of the group, about 40 yards away.

Galadon, you are the first to feel the strong winds, and the sounds of the winds drown out almost all of your thoughts. (Please make a Fortitude check)

CountVander
10-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Ryoku uses soft words and slow movements to alleviate the beasts fears.

charisma check (1d20+4=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1765360/)

Anaesthesia
10-11-2008, 08:24 PM
The horses continue to panic, and start to thrash around more. Both of the horses start kicking the wagon.

CountVander
10-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Ryoku senses their fear is far more than she originally thought, so she runs back to the group and explains the situation, looking all around her for something that might instill that kind of fear in the animals.

Zane
10-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Ashkore looks in the direction of the trees that are falling, then above it as Liani had mentioned clouds, trying to determine the source of the problems.

Anaesthesia
10-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Liani sees a large triangle-shaped cloud, which is moving very fast, and has picked up a lot of debris, like small trees and several other unidentifiable items. The winds continue to howl.

Zane
10-12-2008, 04:44 PM
((OOC: So, how common are natural tornadoes on Elata?))

The Wandering Bard
10-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Kadion urges the horses forward.

urge horse 1
urge horse 2

Anaesthesia
10-12-2008, 05:22 PM
((OOC: So, how common are natural tornadoes on Elata?))

OCC:Fairly common.

Kaidon, the horses continue to panic, which is made worse because they are stuck in between the trees.

Galadon
10-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Fortitude save
Galadon rolls some dice

((Damn I remembered. Forgot to add +8 thought))

Anaesthesia
10-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Galadon, you loose your balance and fall to the ground.

The horses continue to panic. Midnight, despite himself, starts barking.

((OOC I am sorry to report that Valkier (the player) will not be able to play, at least for a long while, and is being deployed. :usa2: ))

The Mistwalker
10-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Hello every one.. I'm am both sad and honored to report that I to will be shipping out. I've been called to serve again. and Under Valkiers player none the less :) (thanks for that by the way).

DM. would you do me the honor NPCing Omrian through the battle? thanks much it has been a true honor ladies and gentlemen.

Anaesthesia
10-15-2008, 11:55 AM
DM. would you do me the honor NPCing Omrian through the battle? thanks much it has been a true honor ladies and gentlemen.

OOC: No problem. :) Stay safe, both of you.

Fletcher runs to the aid of Galadon, but before he reaches Galadon, also falls. He falls near a tree, and is able to somewhat stand and brace himself on the tree. The tree suddenly uproots itself, flying towards the tornado, with Fletcher attached.

Galadon, you feel as if the wind is holding you down, and you can barely move.

Valkier approaches the horses, and attempts to calm them down.

Valkier's Handle Animal

Galadon
10-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Tries to look around and sees if this effect is on anyone else. While wrapping a leather thong around his left wrist.

{Cast freedom of movement}

The Wandering Bard
10-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Kadion casts detect magic on the storm to determine if the magical in nature. he also struggles with the horses again.

handle horse 1
handle horse 2

Anaesthesia
10-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Galadon, turning, you see the pair of horses who seem to be in distress, and others trying to calm them.

Kaidon, the horses continue to panic, and struggle against the trees. You feel the storm is not the result of magic.

Galadon
10-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Galadon walks over to the horses and stands 5 feet in front of the horses. He studies them for a moment.

(Uses wild empathy.)

Galadon rolls some dice

Anaesthesia
10-16-2008, 01:22 PM
The horses stop thrashing wildly for a few moments, but still seem to have some fear in their eyes. They are still whinnying, and paw the ground with their hooves.

The winds are slowly dying down, and there is hardly any more debris flying about. The other animals seem to be more calm and less anxious.

Galadon
10-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Galadon pats one of the horses on the nose. Then looks around for moment. "Natch." The panther walks over to Galadon and sit beside him.

"An interesting day. I believe we are going to have to try and find the one who was taken taken by the winds." Galadon said to everyone in the area.

Zane
10-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Ashkore looks over to Galadon, "Taken? What are you talking about, who was taken?"

Liani hops off Valkier's shoulder and returns to Ashkore's shoulder now that the winds are not slinging her around as much. "Bad wind hurt, it leave now?" she asks, to which Ashkore simply nods as he is more focused on Galadon.

Galadon
10-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Someone came over to give aid to me. The tree became unrooted and carried him away. I believe his name is Flecher.

The Wandering Bard
10-17-2008, 03:52 PM
"Ah... Guys, A little help please!!! You your a druid right.. think you can help calm the horses PLEASE!!" Kadion tries to keep his voice level but emotion creaks into the words, sarcasm and fear break past the mask of his silky demeanor as he struggles with his four legged charges.

Spherious burrows back into his pouch, trying to stay out of the weather and hearing the tones of the bards voice, and the cries of the horses.

Galadon
10-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Yes I will speak with them.

Galadon turned to the horses, holding his staff.

{There is nothing to fear now. The winds are calm and we will protect you}

{1 charge for speaking with animals.}

Anaesthesia
10-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Both of the horses turn to Galadon. To the others you hear a series of knickering and whinnies, but Galadon, you hear one of the horses say (somewhat aggiatated), "We'd be happier if we were not stuck between these trees."

"I think I know who he means. I think he was a druid." Xana says thoughtfully.

CountVander
10-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Ryoku watches all these events unfold, and when the druid speaks with the animals and alleviates their fears, she bows to him in respect.

Galadon
10-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Galadon continues to speak with the horses.

{We cannot free if you continue to thrash about. It is diffcult to help frightened animals without being harmed.}

Zane
10-18-2008, 07:51 PM
"Damn, we finally rescue Ota, and now we need to track down another. Alright, Liani - see if you can track him anywhere. Once the cart gets freed, we can then move to collect Fletcher and then get to Illeon."

Liani nods and flies off Ashkore's shoulder, flying towards where the spiral cloud had been , reaching out with her senses to try to find the wayward druid.

((Liani flies just above ground level, moving through the trees using Blindsense in 60 feet around her.))

Anaesthesia
10-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Liani sees no sign of the druid, but sees a hawk flying towards her, and it appears to be trying to get her attention. It seems friendly, and has something (looks like a piece of paper) attached to one of its legs.

Zane
10-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Liani flies and stops on a tree branch. If the crow flies to her and does the same, she will look at it and enact her ability of speech ((using Speak with animals special ability)) and ask, "Who sends you?"

Anaesthesia
10-19-2008, 04:19 PM
The hawk follows Liani to the tree branch. "Message, from Fletcher. You know Fletcher's other friends. You take message."

The horses don't reply to Galadon, but appear to be at least trying to stay still.

Zane
10-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Liani nods, taking the note from the crow's leg as carefully as her talons allow. "Liani will take, you return now." That said, she takes off and flies back to Ashkore and the others as fast as she can.

Reaching them, she hands over the note to Ashkore. "Fletcher bird have this," she explains as Ashkore takes the note and reads it.

Anaesthesia
10-19-2008, 09:40 PM
The note reads:

"I am mostly uninjured and will be going back to Luwelet. If I could be of service in the future, you will find me in or in near constant contact with the Druid Circle in Luwelet."

Zane
10-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Ashkore lets the other know what the note says. "At least we don't need to worry about Fletcher." Ashkore turns to Xana, "So, are we all ready to head after Illeon then, after the horses are freed of course."

Galadon
10-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Galadon helps the horses move backward, since they would have trouble seeing in back of them. Any branches that the horses are stuck on, he removes.

Anaesthesia
10-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Within a few minutes, the horses are freed from the trees. The road ahead is a little worse for wear. There are several murmurs about moving on.

The Wandering Bard
10-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Kadion looks around in wonder... "yeah.. if at all possible.. I would like to avoid that in future.. I want to live to make it to college so I can wish I died on the road just to get out.." Kadions face is split with a grin seeings as he has come out of that with little worse for wear.. "is anyone hurt? i have a healing spell to aid us?"