PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread



Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Anaesthesia
05-22-2008, 08:36 PM
((OOC: Ok, I first imagined four curved axe blades on the end of wooden rods))

((Yes, 4 curved axe blades on the end of wooden rods))

Zane
05-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Ashkore glances at the swinging blades and takes a deep breath, and then belows out a fiery blast at the pendulums, trying to burn the wood and make the axe heads fall.

((OOC:Because, why not?))
Fire damage

Anaesthesia
05-23-2008, 10:10 AM
2 of the handles start smoking.

The Mistwalker
05-23-2008, 11:42 AM
OOC: do the wooden rods go into the ceiling...walls, or where ever they came from. or is there a rope that is holding them to the ceiling?

Omiran reaches into his pack and grabs one of his pints of oil. taking a moment to judge the distance, he throws the oil onto the ground underneath the blades. (Or would it be possible to hit one of the moving axes? are they moving slowly or rather fast?) once the oil bleeds across the floor. Omiran tells the bard to fire an arrow into the oil patch.

Anaesthesia
05-23-2008, 12:02 PM
The pendullums are connected to the ceiling. They are moving very fast.

CountVander
05-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Ryoku looks to the spinning blades, fascinated.

"I thought axes were best for cutting wood and occasional hobgoblins, how intriguing that they should swing from the ceiling..."

She walks towards the first one, watching go back and forth, as if studying the timing of the swing of the blade...

The Wandering Bard
05-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Kadion nods his head, seeing the idea possed by Ashkore and Omiran.

Kadion fires an arrow into the puddle of oil at the base of the swinging blades

Anaesthesia
05-24-2008, 01:14 PM
The oil puddle burst into flames. Those closest to the blades soon feel the heat from the flames.

The Wandering Bard
05-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Can I see anything near the guard that could have triggered the trap?

Anaesthesia
05-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Can I see anything near the guard that could have triggered the trap?

No, you can't see any trigger or lever that would have set the pendullums off. There now is a heavy grey-ish black smoke coming from the fire. Ashkore starts coughing, and turns towards the party to get out of the thick smoke. Those looking closely enough, see both Liani and Ashkore's eyes are both irrated and red.

(Those who were standing near the blades & fire, make a fortitude save DC 15 or start coughing from the smoke)

The Wandering Bard
05-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Fort save Kadion

The Wandering Bard
05-26-2008, 12:38 AM
crap! :(

Kadion retches and heaves as his lungs burn and his eyes tear. "Crap, I wish I had thought this through better."

CountVander
05-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Ryoku steps back when the flames appear, still fascinated.

~fort save = 5+4= 9= the fail~

Ryoku starts coughing and blinking furiously, and removes a length of cloth from her clothing, wrapping it around her mouth and nose. She backs away slowly, as if she has seen something horrific occur.

Anaesthesia
05-26-2008, 11:47 AM
"The fire doesn't seem to do us any good right now-probably best to put it out." says Fletcher.

The Mistwalker
05-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Omiran moves up behind the bard and pulls the man away from the smoke, then grabs the woman and pulls her back as well. the warforged's lack of lungs keeping him from suffering the ill effects of the fire.

The Wandering Bard
05-26-2008, 09:55 PM
still hacking and coughing, the bard does all he can to regain his composer.

"thanks big guy. did you by chance happen to grab Ashkore..."

Anaesthesia
05-27-2008, 09:09 PM
still hacking and coughing, the bard does all he can to regain his composer.

"thanks big guy. did you by chance happen to grab Ashkore..."

You hear his voice near you, saying, "I walked out, although I can't see very well."

dndmaster
05-27-2008, 10:33 PM
ooc: Ashkore can't see very well?

CountVander
05-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Ryoku smiles through her scarf to the metallic man.

"Thank you kind sir, you are different, I have not met your kind before, you seem to simply ignore the heat and smoke... How intriguing..."

She coughs once more and looks around, rubbing her eyes like a newborn...

Anaesthesia
05-28-2008, 11:01 AM
ooc: Ashkore can't see very well?

OOC: Think of it as his eyes are irratated enough that he is blinking and rubbing his eyes more often than looking around himself.

Zane
05-28-2008, 03:44 PM
((OOC: Gee, I take a little weekend off and what did you all do to Ashkore? :p Well, I guess he did start it, but he never asked for the oil...))

Ashkore squeezes his eyes shut for a moment, trying to push the stinging irritation to the back of his mind. "I know I started the fire, but how about next time we save the oil for use outdoors, ok? Now, we need to keep moving - in case the prisoners still happen to be alive. If we are lucky, Iellon and his ilk ran away from here and didn't bother with the prisoners at all, but with that guard down there, it seems less likely to be the case."

headeast76
05-28-2008, 07:46 PM
In between coughing fits Shay says "Look if you guys are done letting anyone with a nose know we are down here and on our way, then can we just get out of this blasted smoke ?"

Anaesthesia
05-29-2008, 11:35 AM
"Stand back everyone," Festy says, then says a series of words and hand gestures. In a few moments, the fire is extinguished.

Zane
05-29-2008, 02:49 PM
"Thanks Festy." Ashkore says, looking back down the hall through his irritated eyes.

(Are the blades still going, and can Ashkore tell if the guard is still there?)

Anaesthesia
05-29-2008, 03:06 PM
((Yes, the blades are still going and the guard is still there))

Anaesthesia
05-30-2008, 10:22 AM
"Shay, do you know of a way to have the blades stop?" Festy asks. "Or does anyone else have a suggestion??"

((Why do I have the overwhelming feeling I'm playing the game by myself?))

Valkier Silverwing
05-30-2008, 05:36 PM
(Sorry lifes been rather busy...i've been monitoring the thread, just can't seem to find a way to aid... :( )

Valkier thinks for a moment. "Maybe we can jam the blades with something. or catch one with a rope and tie it down. if it works then we have a gap in the blades, or we can try it with the others. other then that, I'm not really that educated on traps."

The Wandering Bard
05-30-2008, 05:41 PM
hmmm...Yeah We could try to stop the blades.

Kadion reaches at his pack. taking his rope out and looks to the others. "Does anyone have any real skill with rope? if we had a grapple we could tie it to the end and use that, or try a lasso approuch."

Anaesthesia
05-30-2008, 09:22 PM
"The rope idea may work-but I have no skill with ropes. Dodging the blades is risky, but may be the only option." Festy says.

"What if the wyrmling takes one end of the rope, goes round one of the swinging blades-near the top would be best-and bring back that end to us?" asks Fletcher.

The Wandering Bard
05-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Kadion stops for a moment. " I would rather Liani was safe. I can summon a bird to do the same thing, with out risking harm to Liani."

With a flurry of gestures the bard casts summon monster and brings forth a celestial eagle. with a few words he tells the bird what needs to be done. picking up the rope, he places it into one of the birds large claws.

Anaesthesia
05-30-2008, 10:14 PM
The owl does a few loops around the first one, and brings the rope back towards the group.

Zane
05-31-2008, 12:32 AM
((Why do I have the overwhelming feeling I'm playing the game by myself?)) (( OOC: Sorry, I had really done the only thing I could think of for Ashkore.))

The owl does a few loops around the first one, and brings the rope back towards the group.Ashkore takes the two ends of the rope and tries to pull them closer together in order to force the axes to line up and remain still.
Strength check

dndmaster
05-31-2008, 02:39 AM
ooc: where in the group do I see Ashkore?

headeast76
05-31-2008, 08:43 AM
Shay looks around and trys to find a way to disarm the device. Search check (1d20+13/20+13 = 33) If a way to stop them is found then disable device check (1d20+13/4+13 = 17) If none of that works then tumble check to avoid the blades after studying their movement (1d20+17/9+17 = 26)

Anaesthesia
05-31-2008, 01:25 PM
ooc: where in the group do I see Ashkore?

((Far away from you, near the blades, but as there are others infront of you, it would be hard to keep a constant check on him))


Shay looks around and trys to find a way to disarm the device. Search check (1d20+13/20+13 = 33) If a way to stop them is found then disable device check (1d20+13/4+13 = 17) If none of that works then tumble check to avoid the blades after studying their movement (1d20+17/9+17 = 26)

You find a way you can stop the blades, but unfortunately, not able to disable it. You also get past the first blade that is currently being "roped in."

The Wandering Bard
05-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Kadion see's his chance to aid his companion. Kadion gathers as much of the rope as possible and wraps it around his waist like a pully, to increase his strenght. (I don't know what modifiers if any you would like to add or subtract for this)

str check.
kadions str check

Anaesthesia
05-31-2008, 04:29 PM
((I'll count helping Ashkore as aiding another, so add +2. Anyone else who helps similarly with the ropes also add +2))

Fletcher picks up a length of rope, and starts trying to help. At first the blade doesn't seem to slow down much, but with the added help of Kaidon and Fletcher, the blade slows and wobbles a bit before fully stopping.

Zane
05-31-2008, 05:52 PM
"Excellent work," Ashkore says as the blades come to a stand still. "Let go." Ashkore drops the rope and moves past the blades, still squinting his eyes a little as he draws his morningstar out before reaching the other side and the guard there.

Anaesthesia
05-31-2008, 06:45 PM
"Excellent work," Ashkore says as the blades come to a stand still. "Let go." Ashkore drops the rope and moves past the blades, still squinting his eyes a little as he draws his morningstar out before reaching the other side and the guard there.

((OOC: Actually, you guys only got blade #1, not all 4. The following posts are where I said about the 1st blade. ;) You didn't think it'd be that easy did you?))


The owl does a few loops around the first one, and brings the rope back towards the group.



You find a way you can stop the blades, but unfortunately, not able to disable it. You also get past the first blade that is currently being "roped in."

Zane
05-31-2008, 08:00 PM
((OOC: My bad, I just read where it worked. :-P ))

CountVander
06-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Ryoku notices that they can stop the blade and thinks a moment.

"Can anyone climb up the shaft of the axe and jam something into the top to prevent the swinging? If so, then this system could work for all of them...."

The Mistwalker
06-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Omiran grabs the rope, bringing his mass to bear.

OOC: how damaged are the blades, or wooden poles supporting them? can we even tell?

Anaesthesia
06-01-2008, 04:50 PM
OOC: how damaged are the blades, or wooden poles supporting them? can we even tell?

((ooc-There are two wooden poles that are smoldering, but that's about all you can tell.))

The owl quickly loops the middle 2 together, as those are blades are very close to each other.

The Wandering Bard
06-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Kadion continues hauling on the ropes. "Does anyone have anything that can damage these poles, besides fire. I really don't feel like knowing how a smoked salmon feels"

Anaesthesia
06-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Kadion continues hauling on the ropes. "Does anyone have anything that can damage these poles, besides fire. I really don't feel like knowing how a smoked salmon feels"

"I've no other ideas--but it would be much appreciated if there was an easier way of getting around this." Fletcher says.

CountVander
06-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Ryoku thinks a moment, then sighs.

"Mayhaps taking the other route might prove more useful in our search for the prisoners, since it seems like the man on the other side of the blades isn't going anywhere..."

The Mistwalker
06-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Omiran contiues holding the ropes steady. "Hurry little one, We cannont hold these ropes all day."

Anaesthesia
06-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Ryoku sighs as she considers her options for a moment. "Try to hold a bit longer. I have an idea." Looking towards the wall, she grabs ahold of several small sticks and slips them in her belt, as to have free hands. She then grabs the rope, near the front, in front of Askhore. "I'll hurry as fast as I can." Ryoku picks her way up the rope, and the added weight on the rope doesn't help anyone who's holding on to it. She makes her way up to the top of the rope, where it meets the two poles. Ryoku latches her upper body to the pole, and balancing somewhat on the rope. Once balanced, she shoves some sticks on either side of one pole, and does the same on the other pole. Both pedullums soon stops appling pressure on the rope and the rope goes slack. "I can make my way down if the rope was pulled a little tighter." she says.

The Wandering Bard
06-03-2008, 03:53 PM
(thanks again :p )

Kadion braces for the increase in weight and pressure from the woman climbing the rope. he leans backwards while holding the rope to help balance the weight. "Curse, this is one of the strangest traps I've ever seen. It most be gnomish in design, its cleverly designed with no real weaknesses that I can see."

Anaesthesia
06-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Ryoku climbs down the off the rope. "Shall we move on to this last one? Or is everyone too tired?"

headeast76
06-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Shay looks back and says "Does this look like I'm tired?" and tries a backflip past the next blade (Tumble check: 1d20+17/19+17 = 36):D

Anaesthesia
06-03-2008, 07:47 PM
((OOC:Showoff... ;) :p ))

Shay narrowly misses the blade by mere inches.

The Wandering Bard
06-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Good show. :P Kadion begins singing a low melodic song that seems to resonate the bones of the body.

perform roll for inspire compitence on Shay.
perform roll

Valkier Silverwing
06-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Valkier looks at the others, he can't think of a way to be much assistance, he has a spell that would be of help but he fears using it now, when the future is uncertain. surely this Blue Dragon shaman must be a mighty warrior, and the priest would hate to spend his spell for a trap.

(OOC: DM if shay and the others cannot stop the trap via mundane means, or the others begin lagging in strenght, then Valkier will cast Bulls STR. on Ashkore to aid him in holding the rope, other wise he would like to save it for his feeble form.)

Zane
06-04-2008, 10:11 PM
((Ok, so we got three stopped now, right?))

Ashkore directs the others to use the rope trick on the last blade as well - ready to be done with this.

Anaesthesia
06-05-2008, 11:49 AM
((Yes, 3 stopped. ;) ))

Ryoku quickly acends the rope and the blade stops moving. Ryoku comes down as fast as she can.

dndmaster
06-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Watching all this in amusement, Talon keeps a distance and sticks to the shadows always keeping his eyes on the person he battled with. The one that stole his weapons. There will be a time where I will be able to get them back, once........

The Wandering Bard
06-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Kadion continues to pull on the ropes and sing his song for the tiny thief.

Anaesthesia
06-06-2008, 02:22 PM
"Now we need to get around that guard. Anyone want to talk to him?"

Zane
06-06-2008, 11:09 PM
"Already tried that once," he mutters as he moves past the last blade, drawing out his morningstar.

Ashkore faces the guard as Liani flies down to land on his shoulder, hissing at the guard as well, "Now, what was that about you won't surrender? How about reconsidering? Of course, we will be getting past you, you just get to decide how alive you will be."

Intimidate check((OOC: The +2 is for Liani aiding in the intimidation - your call as to whether that counts or not, but I figured I'd try.))

Anaesthesia
06-07-2008, 09:52 AM
"Already tried that once," he mutters as he moves past the last blade, drawing out his morningstar.

Ashkore faces the guard as Liani flies down to land on his shoulder, hissing at the guard as well, "Now, what was that about you won't surrender? How about reconsidering? Of course, we will be getting past you, you just get to decide how alive you will be."

"Then you shall die."

He picks up his sword and swings at Ashkore. He hits. Ashkore, you feel something is terribly wrong, as if the sword is taking something from you, before hitting the floor and fall unconcious.

((OOC:You also receive 6 Damage. He just happened to roll a crit on a magic item sword. Sorry!))

dndmaster
06-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Watching this happen brings a smirk to Talon's face. Looking for an opportunity to get back at the dragon shaman Talon looks for a way to get closer....
OOC: I am sure they are distracted.

The Wandering Bard
06-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Kadion lifts his bow into place and notches his glowing arrow again.

Kadion tries for a more diplomatic approuch. (I"m unable to access my character sheet at the moment, if you have mine could you please add any bonuses to my diplomacy roll. other wise I will add them when I can in an edit.)

"Sir, why do you insist on fighting this battle, we have done nothing to you and have offered you a resonable offer. If there is anyother way to proceed from here, I am all ears. but I don't think my friends will beable to stand idle for much longer."

Diplomacy roll

The Wandering Bard
06-07-2008, 03:47 PM
wow that really bites the big one....anyone else care to try a diplomacy roll...(valkier HINT HINT HINT.) :P

Valkier Silverwing
06-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Valkier heres the conviction in the young but inexperianced bards voice and sees the reason behind the mans words.

"I admire your dedication to your cause, Bahamut values those same qualities, I am sorry that such things are lost on your god. Please, there has been enough blood spilled today, let us not continue the purging of another life."

[roll=1d20+6]diplomacy roll[roll/]

Valkier Silverwing
06-07-2008, 04:08 PM
dip. roll

Valkier Silverwing
06-07-2008, 04:08 PM
well thats not much better....anyone else care to try?

headeast76
06-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Shay says to the guard " Look I think it would really be in your best interest if you listen to me.... Take your life and walk away while you still can" ( Diplomacy check:1d20+-1/8+-1 = 7 Anyone else?) " Aww screw it lets kill him!!!!"

dndmaster
06-07-2008, 10:01 PM
How close is Talon to them all?

Anaesthesia
06-07-2008, 10:48 PM
How close is Talon to them all?

((Within 5 feet, give or take))

Zane
06-07-2008, 11:34 PM
He picks up his sword and swings at Ashkore. He hits. ((OOC: Doesn't that at least give me an AoO? If so, here's the roll. If not, well - I had to try to do something.))
Attack and damage

How close is Talon to them all?((OOC: Did Talon end up changing his shape or look at all after the battle?))
Liani flutters down to Ashkore's head, landing next to it, checking on the guy and doing her best to protect him, yet watching the guard carefully as well.

((OOC: I'm travelling during the day tomorrow, in case dndmaster replies, but keep in mind that she has blindsense... :-P))

Anaesthesia
06-08-2008, 11:32 AM
((OOC:Yes, an AoO. It hits, but it doesn't seem to deter him. I don't think Talon has changed form-just hiding out in the shadows a few feet behind everyone.))

The Wandering Bard
06-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Seeing the attack Kadion stuffs his bow in his quiver and pulls out his twin rapiers.

On the next turn of combat, the bard will move in to aid Ashkore by flanking the guard. after the guards next attack I will roll my attacks to help keep a turn of sorts going.

dndmaster
06-08-2008, 03:50 PM
ooc: 5 ft :)

Talon takes the hopefully distraction to make his way past the others as quick as possible (speed 40ft). Moving past the others to Ashkore and to get his weapons back. While running to the guard Talon uses ventriloquism to say to him, "Kill all but me, I am a dark elf coming at the creature you struck down." Assuming Talon can get to Ashkore quickly he grabs his weapons from Ashkore's body. I have an aura on and will switch it as soon as the other has its affect.

Anaesthesia
06-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Seeing the attack Kadion stuffs his bow in his quiver and pulls out his twin rapiers.

On the next turn of combat, the bard will move in to aid Ashkore by flanking the guard. after the guards next attack I will roll my attacks to help keep a turn of sorts going.

((OOC: You know, Ashkore is on the floor right now...))

The Pearl, which has been relatively "quiet" so to speak, starts to glow softly. Valkier, you "hear" it calling it you, not by speaking outloud, but more inside your head.

Zane
06-08-2008, 07:42 PM
((OOC: since Ashkore fell and your weapons are stored in his pack - you aren't going to be able to get them that quickly away.))

As the dark elf reaches Ashkore, Liani senses that someone has approached so she glances back to see what they can do to help Ashkore. However, she recognizes the dark elf and cries out, sending a blast of fire at the dark elf as well. "Blue kisser! Ashkore told you leave."
Fire damage, Reflex DC14 for half.Rounds until use breath again.((OOC: ignore the second roll for damage.))

dndmaster
06-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Hoping that the guard will do something to aid Talon he grabs for his weapons knowing they are in the pack cause he watched him put them there. He then gets hit by the breath from the diminuative dragon and turns and breathes himself at the dragon, enraged by getting hit.
Reflex saveBreath reflex dc13 for half
next breath attack

dndmaster
06-08-2008, 08:50 PM
ooc: I hate this dice roller lol

Valkier Silverwing
06-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Valkier freezes, suprise flashing across his aging face.

OOC: What does Valker hear?

listen check

Anaesthesia
06-10-2008, 01:19 PM
You hear, in Celestial, Portare avanti l'un Ashkore chiamato, which you know it wants Ashkore brought near the Pearl.

The Wandering Bard
06-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Sorry, I'm away from my character sheet at the moment, I will edit my attack against the Drow warrior here really soon.

Zane
06-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Hoping that the guard will do something to aid Talon he grabs for his weapons knowing they are in the pack cause he watched him put them there. He then gets hit by the breath from the diminuative dragon and turns and breathes himself at the dragon, enraged by getting hit.
((Need a ruling from the DM on how long it takes Talon to get Ashkore's pack from where it is buried under him and off his shoulders, because it sound like we are in combat (or close enough that we should use turns).))

Liani attempts to dodge the worst of the drow's effect, but remains close by, snapping at him should he continue to try to reach for Ashkore.
((OOC: Not sure if the attack is even needed, basically Liani will be remaining near Ashkore's shoulder, snapping at Talon when he reaches in - over and over again.))

Reflex save
Liani: Initiative, bite attack, bite damage.

Green Thumb
06-12-2008, 10:19 AM
((OOC: Glad to be back!))

Wary of the sword brandished by this stubborn guard Fletcher warns him, "Put it down. This is your last chance!"

Not waiting for a response, Fletcher draws on the power of the earth surrounding him drawing on the heat of the earth. This energy is focused into the sword held by the guard.

((OOC: Casting Heat metal, it'll be another round until it is hot enough to hurt him or make him drop it though. Better than nothing I suppose.)

Anaesthesia
06-12-2008, 02:36 PM
((OOC-In which case I would need an Iniative from Talon. As you're on your back and Liani is actively defending, it would take at the minimum 30 minutes or so for Talon to sufficiently retrieve his items.))

"I take orders from no one." the guard bellows.

Zane
06-12-2008, 04:28 PM
((OOC-In which case I would need an Iniative from Talon. As you're on your back and Liani is actively defending, it would take at the minimum 30 minutes or so for Talon to sufficiently retrieve his items.))
((OOC: Thought it might take a bit.. Sorry dndmaster - it's not that easy. :D))
Wary of the sword brandished by this stubborn guard Fletcher warns him, "Put it down. This is your last chance!"
((OOC: Just how many 'last' chances are we going to give this guy? :confused: Unfortunately, Ashkore is out, or he would be in a lot of pain by now... :cool: And yes Green Thumb, I know you actually did cast a spell at him, I just found it funny that yet another person gave him a "chance". :p))

The Wandering Bard
06-12-2008, 06:40 PM
initiative roll for Kadion

Init. Roll

Kadion rushes the Talon, twin Rapiers drawn thirsting for drow blood.

first attack
second attack
Damage attack 1
damage attack 2

dndmaster
06-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Hoping that the guard will do something to aid Talon he grabs for his weapons knowing they are in the pack cause he watched him put them there.
ooc: I will not be grabbing my weapons as they are not able to be gotten presently.
initiative
Talon noticing that his weapons are not able to be gotten, Talon instead grabs Ashkore's morning star and swings at the wyrmling. attack + any modifiers the weapon may havedamage + any modifiers the weapon may have changing auras as stated before, Kadion you take 8 points of damage as electricity courses through your body.

Anaesthesia
06-12-2008, 07:18 PM
(Since everyone posted attacks with their init rolls, I'll conisder that Round 1, in a haphazard sort of way...)

Round 2
Liani-21
Talon-19
Kaidon-9

Zane
06-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Talon noticing that his weapons are not able to be gotten, Talon instead grabs Ashkore's morning star and swings at the wyrmling.
((OOC: I believe that would provoke an AoO. If not, ignore it.))
AoO and damage
Round 2: Liani-21
Liani reels a little from the drow's attack, and snaps back, raking at the creature with her claws as well.
Bite, Claw1, and Claw2 attacks and damage
((OOC: And please don't forget that the pearl wants to get to Ashkore - I'd wager that he would make this battle easier, a little.))

dndmaster
06-12-2008, 10:44 PM
ooc: and why would he get an AoO?
Make sure you take 8 points of damage to Liani also. Or if for some strange reason you are given the AoO then make it 12. Did the guard respond to me? What action is he doing?

dndmaster
06-12-2008, 10:46 PM
nextbreath from before

Zane
06-12-2008, 11:26 PM
ooc: and why would he get an AoO?
((OOC: well - someone picking up an item is classified as Manipulating an item (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm#manipulateanItem), and provoke AoOs. Since you had to pick up the morningstar from his hand, pull it out, and raise up - it seems that would classify as an action that "when performed in a threatened square, provoke attacks of opportunity as you divert your attention from the battle." (Reference here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/attacksOfOpportunity.htm)) Of course, normally I would just ask the DM, but it seemed easier to assume so first, and give the roll. If not, no harm.))

dndmaster
06-13-2008, 06:55 AM
ooc: understood Liani gets the 12 damage then... she is racking it up 24 so far. Talon would love to kill the nasty little bugger.

Anaesthesia
06-13-2008, 11:08 AM
ooc: and why would he get an AoO?
Make sure you take 8 points of damage to Liani also. Or if for some strange reason you are given the AoO then make it 12. Did the guard respond to me? What action is he doing?

OOC: The guard hasn't said anything to you, or moved towards you as of yet. And I do have to agree with Zane on the AoO. :amen: And big hint to Valkier on the Pearl getting to Ashkore. :focus:


((OOC: well - someone picking up an item is classified as Manipulating an item (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm#manipulateanItem), and provoke AoOs. Since you had to pick up the morningstar from his hand, pull it out, and raise up - it seems that would classify as an action that "when performed in a threatened square, provoke attacks of opportunity as you divert your attention from the battle." (Reference here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/attacksOfOpportunity.htm)) Of course, normally I would just ask the DM, but it seemed easier to assume so first, and give the roll. If not, no harm.))

The guard, realizing that his sword is rather hot, throws it down on the ground. It lands near Kaidon's feet.

dndmaster
06-13-2008, 03:47 PM
ooc: Guess that means it is at my feet also..... SWEEEET another weapon once it is not hot I can use ;)

Valkier Silverwing
06-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Valkier barrels past the others, the pink pearl in his hands, as he gets close to the fallen man, he pulls his shield in close to ward off any attacks and thrusts his hand in the fallen mans hands. as soon as two's hands touch he realease's the pearl to the man.

then he stands and casts bless on his companions.

initiative roll for Valkier

Anaesthesia
06-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Round 2
Liani-21
Talon-19
Valkier-10
Kaidon-9<-we are here

The pearl glows and seems to shimmer slightly. The wounds heal completely on both Liani and Ashkore.

Zane
06-13-2008, 09:06 PM
ooc: understood Liani gets the 12 damage then... she is racking it up 24 so far. Talon would love to kill the nasty little bugger.

The pearl glows and seems to shimmer slightly. The wounds heal completely on both Liani and Ashkore.
((OOC: Looks like you have your work cut out for you... :D Of course, she was hurt, but not near dead - yet.))

Green Thumb
06-14-2008, 09:40 AM
((OOC: So i'm a nice guy. Maybe the battery on his hearing aid died. ;)))

Green Thumb
06-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Fletcher Initiative

The Wandering Bard
06-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Kadion continues his attack on the drow.

first rapier attack
Second rapier attack
first damage
second damage

The Mistwalker
06-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Omirans initiative

Omiran takes a moment to consider the best way to attack his foes, then opts to make sure that every hit counts. the grating sounds of his voice echo into the tunnel

(Omiran casts True Strike)

Zane
06-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Kadion continues his attack on the drow. ((OOC: Don't forget about the bless Kaidon, +1 to all attacks.))

The pearl glows and seems to shimmer slightly. The wounds heal completely on both Liani and Ashkore.
Ashkore's eyes flutter open as the pearl heals his wounds, but he remains on the ground, apparently still in confusion about what is happening around him and unable to fully act. However, the sounds of battle and the memory of being struck are still prominent in his mind and his subconscious forces him to react a little, as his companions all see a familiar screen of red flash before them suddenly before disappearing from view.

((OOC: Shift draconic aura to energy shield. And since Liani is next to act the following round...))

Liani notes Ashkore stirring, and satisfied that he will recover she ceases her guard of him. She moves a little, positioning Talon between herself and Kaidon, and she attacks the drow again.
Bite, Claw1, and Claw2 attacks and damage, with bless and flanking

Anaesthesia
06-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Round 3
Liani-21
Omiran-19
Talon-19
Valkier-10<-we are here
Kaidon-9

((OOC:Fletcher, Initative is 1d20+Your Dex Modifier. Talon will be NPC'd for a while, dndmaster will be not able to access a computer for a bit.))

Talon cringes in pain, and falls to the floor. He seems to be slipping into unconciousness.

Zane
06-15-2008, 04:24 PM
((OOC:Talon will be NPC'd for a while, dndmaster will be not able to access a computer for a bit.))

Talon cringes in pain, and falls to the floor. He seems to be slipping into unconciousness.
((OOC: What a time for him to have to be out... BTW - do you know if two or three of Liani's attacks hit? Need to know for electrical damage.))

The Wandering Bard
06-15-2008, 06:10 PM
thanks for the catch Zane, DM would you be so kind as to add those modifiers in to my attacks....please....pretty please :P

Anaesthesia
06-16-2008, 01:38 PM
thanks for the catch Zane, DM would you be so kind as to add those modifiers in to my attacks....please....pretty please :P


((OOC: 2 of Liani's attacks hit. Yeah, I mentally added the +1 to your attacks..didn't want to edit them and get a completely different result, other than a +1 to them ;) ))

Valkier Silverwing
06-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Valkier pauses next to the standing Dragon Shaman and casts Aid on the man.

aid hp bonus

Anaesthesia
06-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Round 3
Liani-21
Omiran-19
Talon-19
Valkier-10
Kaidon-9<-we are here

Zane
06-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Liani moves over to the fallen drow's form and takes Ashkore's morningstar from his hand, pausing only a moment to flick her tongue into the air over him. She then returns the weapon to Ashkore, who even in his confused state manages to grasp the familiar feel of the weapon into his hand.

Having done that, Liani resturns to Talon - watching him to make sure he isn't just faking - again.

Green Thumb
06-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Fletcher Initiative

The Wandering Bard
06-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Kadion continues to flank the Drow and attacks with his rapiers.

rapier 1 attack
rapier 2 attack
rapier 1 damage
rapier 2 damage

OOC: everyone again just a reminder +1 to rolls due to bless

CountVander
06-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Ryoku stands silently by, watching the conflict, trying to understand what it is that drives these beings to violence, hoping to understand the difference between necessity and bloodlust.

Anaesthesia
06-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Round 4
Liani-21<-We are here
Omiran-19
Guard-17
Fletcher-13
Valkier-10
Kaidon-9

Zane
06-19-2008, 06:14 PM
((Repost - since I went out of turn earlier, I wasn't sure when WB would be able to post...))
Liani moves over to the fallen drow's form and takes Ashkore's morningstar from his hand, pausing only a moment to flick her tongue into the air over him. She then returns the weapon to Ashkore, who even in his confused state manages to grasp the familiar feel of the weapon into his hand.

Having done that, Liani returns to Talon - watching him to make sure he isn't just faking - again.
((Ready action full attack on him if he seems to wake up - in case he's not actually dead yet.))

Anaesthesia
06-19-2008, 06:27 PM
((OOC-No problem ;) Can I also get a spot from Liani?))

Round 4
Liani-21
Omiran-19<-We are here
Guard-17
Fletcher-13
Valkier-10
Kaidon-9

Zane
06-19-2008, 07:50 PM
((OOC-No problem ;) Can I also get a spot from Liani?))
Liani Spot check
((OOC: Oh, and just let me know when, and if, Ashkore's able to shake his confusion off.))

CountVander
06-19-2008, 08:02 PM
OOC: IF it helps move along battle, Ryoku's int. is 12

Anaesthesia
06-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Round 4
Liani-21
Omiran-19<-We are here
Guard-17
Fletcher-13
Ryoku-12
Valkier-10
Kaidon-9

Liani~You note that the drow's breathing slows to a stop and cannot detect any movement from him.

The Mistwalker
06-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Omiran see's no reason to allow the guard in the room to continue living any longer, in his warrior mind, the guard is a threat and thus should be eliminated, as he saw talking failed to aid the situation. the warforged duskblade advances on the guard, the long black sword he holds, swings back and forth.

True strike with main attack
second attack (if true strike applies here as well please add 20)
sword damage attack 1
second sword attack damage

Anaesthesia
06-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Round 4
Liani-21
Omiran-19
Guard-17
Fletcher-13<-We are here
Ryoku-12
Valkier-10
Kaidon-9

The guard grunts as he is hit by Omrian. He hefts his morningstar and swings at Omiran. His injuries impaired him so, that the guard completely misses Omrian.

The Wandering Bard
06-21-2008, 06:12 PM
(OOC: Not meaning to be picky, but I thought the guard dropped his weapon because of the heat metal enchantment that Fletcher cast on it?)

Zane
06-21-2008, 07:54 PM
(OOC: Not meaning to be picky, but I thought the guard dropped his weapon because of the heat metal enchantment that Fletcher cast on it?)((OOC: That was a sword. This is a morningstar. He's smarter than most PCs, has more than one weapon on him. At least, that's the way I take it.))

Anaesthesia
06-21-2008, 10:31 PM
(OOC: Not meaning to be picky, but I thought the guard dropped his weapon because of the heat metal enchantment that Fletcher cast on it?)

((OOC: Yeah, he had a sword until Fletcher casted a spell on it. He grabbed another weapon which was on him. Hope that is clearer. :) ))

Valkier Silverwing
06-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Valkier calmly waits for the young druid to act before bringing down the fires of Bahamut to this snake worshipper. (In other words, I'm still here just waiting from my turn :) )

The Wandering Bard
06-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Kadion is still here.

Zane
06-23-2008, 11:20 PM
((Liani still here - and Ashkore's still in la-la land. :-P ))

Anaesthesia
06-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Round 4
Liani-21
Omiran-19
Guard-17
Fletcher-13
Ryoku-12<-We are here
Valkier-10
Kaidon-9

((OOC:Seems that Green Thumb will not be around for some time & Fletcher will be NPC'd for a few))

Fletcher speaks a few words and makes a move with his wrist. A flaming globe appears and attacks the guard.

headeast76
06-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Shay is still here i think

CountVander
06-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Ryoku takes a breath and moves towards the opposition, raising her kama and making a single attack, hoping that it will deter the individual from its present course of action.

attack (1d20+6=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1639823/)

if that hits, then damage is:

Damage (1d6+1=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1639824/)

((OOC: ugh... minimum damage, wouldn't matter if it hit or not I guess...))

Anaesthesia
06-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Round 4
Liani-21
Omiran-19
Guard-17
Fletcher-13
Ryoku-12
Valkier-10<-We are here
Kaidon-9

Ryoku, you miss the guard by several inches.

Zane
06-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Ryoku takes a breath and moves towards the opposition, raising her kama and making a single attack, hoping that it will deter the individual from its present course of action.

((OOC: Wow - we got the pacifist to actually attack without being directly attacked first? Who gets credit for that one? :D))

CountVander
06-25-2008, 10:32 PM
OOC: Just wait to see what happens when the battle is finished, or if she gets really upset....

The Mistwalker
06-27-2008, 08:56 AM
OOC: still here as well

Anaesthesia
06-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Round 4
Liani-21
Omiran-19
Guard-17
Fletcher-13
Ryoku-12
Valkier-10
Kaidon-9<-We are here

((OOC: I will be posting a new rule concerning no shows during combat in the discussion thread shortly.))

Valkier takes a 5-foot step.

The Wandering Bard
06-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Kadion continues his attack

kadions attack 1
attack 2
damage 1
damage 2

Valkier Silverwing
06-29-2008, 09:42 PM
OOC: see discussion thread.

Valkier seems very proud of his step :)

Zane
06-30-2008, 12:47 AM
((OOC: And since Liani is next in rotation...))

Liani remains in her watch of the downed drow - not trusting that he isn't faking somehow. However, she manages to keep on eye on the guard and Ashkore as well, slightly torn between hurting the one that hurt Ashkore, and standing by Ashkore's side.

((OOC: For now, remaining next to the drow, concentrating on watching the three mentioned.))

Anaesthesia
06-30-2008, 01:33 PM
((OOC: And since Liani is next in rotation...))

Liani remains in her watch of the downed drow - not trusting that he isn't faking somehow. However, she manages to keep on eye on the guard and Ashkore as well, slightly torn between hurting the one that hurt Ashkore, and standing by Ashkore's side.

((OOC: For now, remaining next to the drow, concentrating on watching the three mentioned.))

Ashkore-your head seems to be clearing.

The guard groans in pain from Kadion's hit. His eyes take on a crazed look, and glares at Kadion

Round 5
Liani-21
Omiran-19<--we are here
Guard-17
Fletcher-13
Ryoku-12
Valkier-10
Kaidon-9

The Mistwalker
06-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Omiran attacks with his metal rending adamantine sword

sword attack 1
sword attack 2
damage 1
damage 2

Anaesthesia
06-30-2008, 07:28 PM
The guard falls to his knees, and tries standing up, but fails. Fletcher directs the flaming sphere to the guard, and thus the guard falls to the floor. ((OOC:The guard needs 6 more damage to be killed, so I'll call combat an end whenever that happens))

Round 5
Liani-21
Omiran-19
Guard-17
Fletcher-13
Ryoku-12<--we are here
Valkier-10
Kaidon-9

Anaesthesia
07-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Round 5
Liani-21
Omiran-19
Guard-17
Fletcher-13
Ryoku-12
Valkier-10<--we are here
Kaidon-9

Ryoku eyes widen at the sight of the guard falling, and withdraws from the immediate area.

Zane
07-03-2008, 01:22 AM
((Since he's not really in init, I'm just placing this in here for now...))

Ashkore's head starts to clear, as his mind registers of battle around him. He shakes his head, trying to work out the cobwebs as he sits up, trying to figure out what is going on, his mind still obviously clouded a bit.

Valkier Silverwing
07-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Valkier casts Detect Magic on the two bodies, (Drow and guard) then proceeds to tell every one what magical items he sees.

ooc:I can't seem to find the list of items that the party is searching for. Do you happen to have that list?

Anaesthesia
07-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Round 5
Liani-21
Omiran-19
Guard-17
Fletcher-13
Ryoku-12
Valkier-10
Kaidon-9<--we are here

On the the guard, you note a faint glow only on a pair of bracers. On the drow-there are several areas where there seems to be a glow, and this glow seems stronger in some areas than others.

OOC:I'll have to Pm you the list. I expect that several people will be on some sort of vacation the next few days-so, everyone no hurry to post over the weekend. ;)

The Wandering Bard
07-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Kadion strips all magical items from the fallen warriors (as the cleric points them out.) taking the bracers first then the strongest glowing items on the drow and working his way down to the lightest enchanted.

Anaesthesia
07-05-2008, 06:25 PM
On the drow you find ((stronger magic listed first))-
2 Crystals
1 Ring
1 Hat
1 Wand

You also find 4 gems, which does not have the glow that surrounds the magic items at the moment. There are some other items in the drow's pack, but it looks like standard gear ((OOC: let me know if you'd like a list of that)).

Ashkore-you are clearheadded enough to now start thinking and speaking in coherent sentances.

Zane
07-07-2008, 12:15 AM
Ashkore shakes his head again as he stands up, although apparently a little off balance. He looks around, noting that his companions are gathering spoils and no longer fighting. As soon as his gaze falls on the body of Talon, he pauses, spitting on the drow (doing his best to avoid Kaidon, of course).

"Who took this one down?" he asks the group, indicating Talon.

Liani looks up and widens her mouth a bit, causing her sharp, even if not yet large, teeth to gleam in the light. "Liani take down blue friend. He return and take weapon from you. He not bother us again." She explains, her voice a little quick and higher pitched than usual.

Ashkore raises an eyebrow at the wyrmling's claim, but simply smiles at Liani. "Well done young one. He was given a chance for redemption, and chose to not use it." Ashkore steps to the side, but half stumbles and has to catch himself on the wall. He lets himself rest half-leaning against the wall for a moment before continuing, "So, is everyone ready to continue? Oh, and can anyone determine what the hell that sword was?"

CountVander
07-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Ryoku closes her eyes as she feels the tears well up. She kneels down a moment and begins to whisper a prayer for the guard, pleading for his spirit to find some release and peace in the next life.

Anaesthesia
07-07-2008, 11:35 AM
He lets himself rest half-leaning against the wall for a moment before continuing, "So, is everyone ready to continue? Oh, and can anyone determine what the hell that sword was?"

"I detect a hint of Necromancy from this sword. It's probably best left well alone." Festy replies, to no one in particular.

The door ahead is a wooden one, seemingly out of place here.

The Mistwalker
07-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Omiran moves tosses a small bag to the bard. "Use the bag to pick up the sword. that way you can avoid blade."

The Wandering Bard
07-08-2008, 10:07 PM
The bard looks at the blade. his eyes staring at the the blade. slowly he places all the other items in the sack before casting identify on the necromatic sword. the bards curiousty having got the best of him. (Kadion is to magic what a raven is to anything that sparkles. :) )

CountVander
07-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Ryoku watches them take certain articles, study them and them place them in with their possessions.

"Why you take that which does not belong to you? I understand food, or clothing when it becomes necessary to survival, but why the weapons and armors of these fallen misguided souls? Isn't their death enough of a punishment?"

The Wandering Bard
07-09-2008, 10:07 AM
I understand that this seems wrong, but we don't always have time to stock up on needed supplies. some of these things here are magical. we still have much to do and we could use the powers they contain in our coming fight, or sell them when we reach a town in order to pay for new equipment. The bard replies to the woman.

Zane
07-09-2008, 10:17 AM
"And their deaths are not punishments - they are the result of their choices in life, specifically the result of their most recent choices. They each saw what they faced, were both given a chance to turn from evil, and both refused. As far as their equipment, Kaidon has good answers for that - but I have another one. These items were in the hands of those sowing evil into this world. If they are left here, other evil companions of theirs - since we are still in their stronghold - could collect them later and continue to use them for evil purposes. Some items, like that sword specifically, even should be destroyed for what it can do."

Anaesthesia
07-09-2008, 01:52 PM
The bard looks at the blade. his eyes staring at the the blade. slowly he places all the other items in the sack before casting identify on the necromatic sword. the bards curiousty having got the best of him. (Kadion is to magic what a raven is to anything that sparkles. :) )

The sword was once owned by a powerful assasin, this sword was commisioned for him, and forged with powerful necromantic magic. It is called Apolonia, but more commonly called The Destroyer and is capable of stealing lives. Saying one of two command words, the sword can either steal half-lives or a whole life. Stolen half-lives are can only restored by powerful divine magic.

Valkier Silverwing
07-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Valkier looks at the woman sadly wondering what the woman is thinking. the moment quickly passes however and the elderly cleric begins to usher the others on, to the door.

"we must get through this door. uf we are to continue, however it has been in my experiance that if a door is so heavily guarded, then the door itself is likely trapped as well."

headeast76
07-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Shay will check the door for traps and if trapped then he will attempt to disarm them (Search Check 1d20+13/15+13 = 28) (Disarm check 1d20+13/13+13 = 26)

Anaesthesia
07-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Shay, you note that the door is not trapped, but merely stuck. (Str DC 23 to break down door)

CountVander
07-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Ryoku takes their words into her mind, pouring over their answers, and trying to put it into a way that coincides with her beliefs. Finally she nods and smiles to the elderly cleric and walks up behind him.

"You seem most wise Grandfather, perhaps if I have anymore questions you can help answer them?"

She bows in respect, and then watches the door.

The Wandering Bard
07-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Kadion looks at Ashkore and nods his head in agreeance. This sword should be destroyed when we have a chance. (Kadion tells the group what the weapon does, and its history)

The Mistwalker
07-13-2008, 07:46 PM
str. check for omiran vs. Door

Omiran grips the door as best as his metal hands will allow and pulls.

The Mistwalker
07-13-2008, 07:46 PM
hmm...that didn't seem all that impressive. :(

Zane
07-14-2008, 06:01 AM
Ashkore steps up as Omiran struggles. "I figured a simple door would be cake for you big guy, let me give it a shot." Ashkore focus his anger, tightening his muscles for a moment, and then leans into the door, pushing on it.
Str check

Anaesthesia
07-14-2008, 12:37 PM
The door does not budge an inch.

Zane
07-14-2008, 06:25 PM
"Hmm, stout door. Was there another way around?" Ashkore asks.

Anaesthesia
07-14-2008, 08:59 PM
"Hmm, stout door. Was there another way around?" Ashkore asks.

"I don't remember seeing another route. Would you know another way?" Fletcher asks, looking towards Ryoku.

The Wandering Bard
07-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Kadion steps up to the door. taking time to dust off his hands and flex (for the ladies....er lady)

strenght check

The Wandering Bard
07-15-2008, 09:20 PM
WOW!!! Kadion tripped and slams face onto the door... then spends several moments swatting at flickering imaginary birds.

headeast76
07-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Shay will try to open the door ( Open lock check 1d20+17/17+17 = 34) hopefully this helps get us through the door..:D




Shay will check the door for traps and if trapped then he will attempt to disarm them (Search Check 1d20+13/15+13 = 28) (Disarm check 1d20+13/13+13 = 26)

Zane
07-16-2008, 04:15 PM
(Open lock check 1d20+17/17+17 = 34) hopefully this helps get us through the door..:D
((Let's hope so.. a 1, 4, and 6 on str checks... I guess it's good that combat is over.))

Anaesthesia
07-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Shay, after fiddling with the keyhole, you realize the door was unlock, but the door is still stuck.

CountVander
07-17-2008, 07:05 AM
Ryoku smiles to them all and tries to remember if she saw another way...

((OOC: I just got a new computer, so I am slowly placing everything back on it, so if there is anything I might have missed, please fill it in for me DM Lady of cuteness!!))

Valkier Silverwing
07-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Move aside lads and laddies. the cleric says, he hands his trident to the hulking warforged.

str. check
str. check against the stuck door

Valkier Silverwing
07-18-2008, 12:23 AM
hmm.....Well thats better then the others so far. but I assume its still not enough.

Anaesthesia
07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
((OOC: I just got a new computer, so I am slowly placing everything back on it, so if there is anything I might have missed, please fill it in for me DM Lady of cuteness!!))

[QUOTE=Valkier Silverwing;38759but I assume its still not enough.[/QUOTE]

((OOC:Harlequin the DM says if you have Knowledge (local) skills, you'd be able to use that. Still need a 23 for that door.. feel free to reattempt. :cool: ))

Fletcher attempts to move the door, after Valkier wasn't able to. Fletcher, alas, cannot move the door.

The Wandering Bard
07-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Omiran ***HINT-HINT**Cough*Sword**Cough**HINT-HINT

The Mistwalker
07-20-2008, 12:48 AM
yeah...Thanks for the subtle hint Kadion....(Shakes his head at the man)

Omiran hefts up his longsword. the thick black metal flickering in the torch light. with a grunt he swings the blade down on the handle area of the door, using the adamantine quality to cut through (hopefully) a large chunk of the door. He will swing the sword several times to cut it enough for access. (would you like a str. check or damage roll....I can't imagine rolling a To hit roll against a door.)

CountVander
07-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Ryoku watches the door opening with curiousity, silent and reflecting.

Anaesthesia
07-20-2008, 10:56 AM
yeah...Thanks for the subtle hint Kadion....(Shakes his head at the man)

Omiran hefts up his longsword. the thick black metal flickering in the torch light. with a grunt he swings the blade down on the handle area of the door, using the adamantine quality to cut through (hopefully) a large chunk of the door. He will swing the sword several times to cut it enough for access. (would you like a str. check or damage roll....I can't imagine rolling a To hit roll against a door.)

((Str rolls are just fine. ;) ))

Zane
07-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Ashkore hops back as Omiran begins swinging at the door with little warning. "A heads up would be nice next time, so we don't lose our heads," he says, but with a little smile on his face betraying the lightness behind the words.

The Wandering Bard
07-22-2008, 10:35 PM
I had a feeling that the big guy would come in handy, the bard quips as the metallic humaniod begins hacking at the door.

CountVander
07-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Ryoku tilts her head for a moment, looking to the group, then wanders back a little the way she came, trying to find another direction they could go.

Spot check = 14

Anaesthesia
07-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Ryoku, the obvious way was thru this entrance. However, looking at the now empty balcony, makes you wonder if there is a secret entrance.

Omiran, you finally able to make your way thru the door. The door's hinges breaks, the wood groans and squeaks, but finally falls backwards, causing a dust cloud to rise.

Zane
07-23-2008, 03:35 PM
"Excellent work Omiran, let's see what else Illeon has placed to try and stop us." Ashkore gives the big man a pat on the shoulder as he moves past him through the now open doorway. As he does, Liani flies up and catches a ride on Ashkore's left shoulder.

The Mistwalker
07-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Omiran nods his head at the compliment. And steps through the room his black sword leading the way.

(sorry for the delay in posting. Bad weather here is messing with my Connection. I have satelite internet so it can be fickle at times.)

Zane
07-23-2008, 04:00 PM
((Delay in posting? You mean you thought 2 days was a long time between posts? Not the way the game has been running recently. :p Yes, I include myself in that. Maybe we can get things moving again for a little bit...))

Anaesthesia
07-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Ahead of you, is a dim hallway, with suits of armor lining the hallway on either side. At this point it is hard to tell if anyone is inside them. From the doorway, you can see the glint from several weapons.

((Those up front can make a search check~DC 25, but with our luck I doubt too many will get that, so Reflex save DC 20))

Zane
07-24-2008, 12:35 PM
((Well - Liani is up front, and has Blindsense (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm) - so that should find any attackers. Traps on the other hand - not so good.))

Ashkore and Liani Reflex saves, if needed

Anaesthesia
07-24-2008, 01:53 PM
((Yes, blindsense could work in this situation, but unfortunately, you're under her, and she'd need to do a search check. :p ))

Ashkore, you feel the floor go out from underneath you. It seems forever until you hit the ground-hard (19 Damage). Liani was able to avoid falling by being able to flap her wings.

Zane
07-24-2008, 03:03 PM
((Yes, blindsense could work in this situation, but unfortunately, you're under her, and she'd need to do a search check. :p ))
((Well darn it - I'm going to find a time that ability actually comes in handy one of these days. :biggrin: ))

headeast76
07-24-2008, 08:10 PM
((Yes, blindsense could work in this situation, but unfortunately, you're under her, and she'd need to do a search check. :p ))

Ashkore, you feel the floor go out from underneath you. It seems forever until you hit the ground-hard (19 Damage). Liani was able to avoid falling by being able to flap her wings.


Shay jumps back and instantly begins to dig thru midnights saddle bags and pulls out 100 foot of rope and a grappling hook (Use rope check 1d20+17/9+17 = 26) deftly tying a knot in the grappling hook Shay tosses the rope into the hole and sets the grappling hook into the nearest solid anchor point. Whispering "Are ya still alive?"

Zane
07-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Ashkore calls back up, even as he grabs the rope, "Yeah, just a few bruises." With that, Ashkore starts trying to climb up the rope, using the wall to brace himself.
Climb check

The Mistwalker
07-25-2008, 10:14 AM
reflex save

The Mistwalker
07-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Omiran slips and falls with the floor, but he manages to grab the side of the pit with his hands and pull himself up. (just barely passed) he see's Shay cast the rope down to Ashkore. "Grab the rope, we will pull you up." the warforged waits to see how the man reacts.

The Wandering Bard
07-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Kadion still on the other side of the doorway. sheaths his twin rapiers and readies his long bow, fitting onto the string an arrow. the bard whispers the activation word and the steel head of the arrow bursts into ruby colored flames. He is suprised when the others in front of hims start scrambling and the sound of a loud crash comes through the doorway.

CountVander
07-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Ryoku begins to search for something hidden, taking her sweet time, exploring every little fragment of stone and wood for something to be revealed to her. (Taking a twenty). She hears the noise from back down the hall, but realizes that if she is to be true to her goal of complete understanding of the world outside her grove, she must continue this first.

Anaesthesia
07-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Ryoku, other than a few toppled pieces of furniture, and blood, you found a old book that was hollowed out. Inside the book is a set of ancient looking keys. Looking around the quiet room, you spot the open door.

Valkier Silverwing
07-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Valkier gathers with the others. Lending his arms if Ashkore allows the others to pull him up. (adding aid other bonus to pull attempt)

When Ashkore reaches the top of the pit Valkier moves towards the man and places his palms on his shoulders.

(Casts Cure light wounds)

points healed

CountVander
07-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Ryoku takes the keys and takes a look inside the open door.

Spot = 12

Anaesthesia
07-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Ryoku, going thru the door, you see two diverging hallways infront of you. The one to your right looks dark and omnious.

The Wandering Bard
07-26-2008, 02:37 PM
OH..OH...oH pick the dark and ominus one ;)

Kadion steps in through the doorway with Ryoku, his glittering arrow shifting back and forth from the two hallway's ready to be fired at the first sign of movement.

Search roll for evidence of creatures (human or otherwise)
listen roll of any noise
search roll
listen roll

CountVander
07-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Smiles to Kadion and bows as he enters.

"Why do people feel the need to hide things of vast importance. If they wanted to ensure their protection, wouldn't they let their closest friends or those they trust know about it, so they protect it?"

She shows the keys to him and looks for an answer.

Anaesthesia
07-26-2008, 05:43 PM
(Are you a fast walker or something TWB? ;) )

Kaidon hears soft muffled sounds, emniating from the Dark and Ominous hall. It is very hard to discern what the sounds are or even saying, but is clearly 2 different types of sounds.

The Wandering Bard
07-27-2008, 03:38 PM
(har har har ;) )

Kadion looks at the woman then ponders the question. "I think it all has to do with trust my dear. See people have trouble with trust. It is like a rose. beautiful and makes a lovely gift to those whom you give it but consider the rose when mistreated. it is fragile and easily destroyed. for most people it takes but one misdoing, one falsehood to destroy years of friendship and trust. but trust is not just with others. some have trouble trusting themselves. these are the people I truely pity. but I digress. If one can not trust himself, how can one trust another with his faults or his riches? most people feel safer keeping their valuables a secret and away from prying eyes who may covet there riches. as in this case, we want our friend, whom has been captured and taken prisonner. the lord of this dwelling has set his best watch dogs at the gate in his home for he cannot trust us to not take that which he has decided was his. now I ask you, Who is in the wrong? is it the lord of this manor who has claimed his prize and now only seeks its protection or is it us, those whom the item was stolen and now seek to reclaim? "

Kadion face spilts into a wide smile as he finishes his answer, his mind telling him he must sound like a great teacher and philospher.

Anaesthesia
07-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Ashkore & Group~The lights are suddenly extinguished and blankets the hall in darkness. There is very little light filtering in from the doorway behind you.

Kaidon & Ryoku~You suddenly hear 2 voices, becoming louder as they approach. Their voices seem to echo, and fill the room, making it difficult to discern where the voices are coming from. Looking at the hall to the right, you see a torch, faintly glowing..

CountVander
07-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Ryoku becomes startled at the sound of the echoing voices, and clings to Kadion, her lithe body as close to his as possible. She places a finger gently on his lips to inform him to hush. She then slows her breathing and takes his hand, leading him down the direction they had previously come. She also whispers to him once they get some distance between them and the ominous voices and torchlight.

" Both are wrong, for his actions have caused the person stolen fear and pain, anguish. And your actions, though noble in intent, are causing the deaths of individuals, for whom the option of redemption and salvation should have been given. Now while it is true that you cannot stand idly by and let your friend suffer, you must take into account the greater repercussions of your course of action, which may cause suffering to many others. What if those guards have families, children who are expecting their daddy home? You have given them not only the loss of a parent, but also the option to bring hate, vengeance and malice into them, which will in turn poison the world around them. This is why I will not kill, and why I hope you see what I am trying to do here, what my mother believes I can accomplish...."

She slowly lets go of his hand and looks towards where the group last left off.

Zane
07-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Ryoku becomes startled at the sound of the echoing voices, and clings to Kadion, her lithe body as close to his as possible. ((That's why WB likes bards - they always seem to get the girl...))
Ashkore & Group~The lights are suddenly extinguished and blankets the hall in darkness. There is very little light filtering in from the doorway behind you.Ashkore kneels on the solid ground for a moment, catching his breath as Valkier heals him a bit. "Thank you Valkier," he says - just as the lights go out. "Looks like time to kick some more evil butt, anyone have a way for us all to get across?"

Meanwhile - Liani was hovering over the pit, staying out of the way. As the light dims, she automatically looks down the hall, trying to see what caused it. ((Darkvision - 120 ft))

The Wandering Bard
07-29-2008, 01:08 AM
(Oh yeah ;) Bards get all the ladies :) (crap my secrets out) )

Kadion extinquishes his arrow. as quickly as he can he shoves his bow into its quiver and pulls out his rapiers. As soon as he is able he casts Message on the monk and if he can see the others he targets them as well.

with his message he says. "Hide, Preparing ambush. No Lights if able. Ryoku Hold still, attack only when they are on us."

(Not knowing how long I have, I will continue with my moves.)

Kadion then casts Silent image on himself and the Monk, transforming the area around them into a section of the wall. So it looks like no one is in that area (even if the hall looks a little smaller)

Anaesthesia
07-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Liani can sense something small moving at the opposite end of this hall. It seems to be flying midair (rather than walking on the floor).

Kaidon & Ryoku~ Two men enter the balcony. They stop inside the balcony, looking over the room. They do not talk much while here, then move towards the door (it is on Kaidon's left).

Zane
07-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Liani corrects Ashore, "Flying evil butt." With that, she flies off to the side of the room and around it, trying to get a better look at what it is, but hoping that it is focused on the party and not little ol' her.

Anaesthesia
07-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Getting a closer look, Liani realises that it resembles her and is rather dragon shaped. In the darkness, although, she is unable to discern the color of this dragon's scales.

The Mistwalker
07-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Omiran keeps on the other side of the doorway, having heard the dragon say that something was coming the parties way. omiran doesn't want to risk giving his compaions, knowing full well that a walking chunk of metal is all but silent.

The Wandering Bard
07-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Did Kadion over hear the conversation? I rolled a listen check before, was that going to work, or would you like another one?

Anaesthesia
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Did Kadion over hear the conversation? I rolled a listen check before, was that going to work, or would you like another one?

This is what you heard (on the previous page)-


Kaidon hears soft muffled sounds, emniating from the Dark and Ominous hall. It is very hard to discern what the sounds are or even saying, but is clearly 2 different types of sounds.

The Wandering Bard
07-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Ah...Thanks I miss read something earlier.

Kadion sends a new message to all his companions. "area clear. Found a doorway, as well as two halls. Will wait for you to reach us before advancing."

Anaesthesia
07-30-2008, 04:22 PM
The 2 men pass out of the balcony and finally enter the hall with the broken pendullums. Everyone can hear the men talking to each other in irratated tones. ((OOC:The two men are now in between Kaidon & Ryoku and the rest of the party.))

Zane
07-30-2008, 04:54 PM
((OOC: Sorry, trying to picture locations in my mind. The room with the broken pendulums is before the room with the pit trap, so the 2 men are now behind the majority of the party; but closer to us than Kaidon and Ryoku. Right?))

Anaesthesia
07-30-2008, 07:16 PM
((OOC: Sorry, trying to picture locations in my mind. The room with the broken pendulums is before the room with the pit trap, so the 2 men are now behind the majority of the party; but closer to us than Kaidon and Ryoku. Right?))

((OOC:Yes, that's correct. :cool: :) ))

Valkier Silverwing
07-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Valkier has been very quite to this point. perhapes its his age but he feels old around the group of younger companions. he shrugs off his feelings and hefts his trident.

"Well what now? we need to get across his pit."

OOC: how wide is the pit? can it be jumped?

Anaesthesia
07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
The pit is 20 feet across. A jump can be done, but a run would be needed as well. (It is a Jump roll-DC 20, see here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/jump.htm), under long jumps)

The Wandering Bard
08-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Could you describe the ceiling near the pit. is there anything on the walls that could act as an anchor for a rope?

Search roll to find a lever to close the pit.
Search roll

Zane
08-01-2008, 01:03 AM
((OOC: WB - Aren't the guards between you and the rest of us and the pit??))

Anaesthesia
08-01-2008, 12:52 PM
((OOC: WB - Aren't the guards between you and the rest of us and the pit??))


((Ditto. There are guards between Kaidon and the pit.))

The Wandering Bard
08-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Oops :( sorry I thought they went into a room via the doorway.

Looking to the monk Kadion sends a new message "Any idea's? I know we can take them, the others can do what they can from their position, thats the best I can come up with."

Anaesthesia
08-03-2008, 12:37 PM
The voices stop, and the sound of footsteps are heard. They sound as if they start leaving the area entirely. Soon the entire area is quiet again. The dim lights return.

Liani realizes that the dragon-looking thing at the end of the hall is a family member (named Marca), who is younger than Liani.

Fletcher, who's been looking puzzled over the pit, speaks up. "Would it be possible to take some of the planks of wood from the door, put it here ((indicates the closest part of the pit)) and jump across?"

The Wandering Bard
08-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Kadion dismisses the spell. and sheaths his blades. he moves to the pit and looks to the others. "I agree. we should use the planks but only if we can dismantle the door with out alot of noise."

Zane
08-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Liani flies up from her hiding spot off to the side of Marca. Speaking in draconic (Don't feel like tracking down the translator right now. :-P), Liani asks, <What are you doing here? Did you make it dark? When did you learn to make it dark? Are you going to help us? Where are our parents?>

Valkier Silverwing
08-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Valkier moves back towards the door and begins yanking and pulling on boards, stopping every time one of the planks of wood creaks to loudly.

Str. check

str. check

The Mistwalker
08-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Omiran moves up to assist the priest with the door (add+2 for assistance to roll)

Anaesthesia
08-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Liani flies up from her hiding spot off to the side of Marca. Speaking in draconic (Don't feel like tracking down the translator right now. :-P), Liani asks, <What are you doing here? Did you make it dark? When did you learn to make it dark? Are you going to help us? Where are our parents?>

"Axun, si geou letoclo. Parents ti tenpiswo. Si chiili ti vucot svanoa ekess make whedab. Voga thurirl ui vhira mobi." Marca replies. She points in a direction, towards another hall.

Valkier & Omiran, you manage to get the first plank of wood without too much trouble. Several nails fall to the floor, making a noise as they do so.

CountVander
08-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Ryoku watches this with great interest, smiling.

"The renewal of purpose is a glorious revelation, even for a simply piece of wood... You surprise me, I thought that the people of the outside merely cast things aside once their purpose has been fulfilled... How fascinating..."

Zane
08-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Liani bares her teeth, but in a way that the other drake recognizes as a smile. "Ve tafiaf thurirl," she says to Marca.

Before flying off with her, Liani calls back to Ashkore, "Ghergo myvish tenpiswo mrith thurirl. Si tafiaf vur confn spical."

Ashkore hears Liani's comment and starts to call out back, but remembers that they are trying to be quiet so he just lets her go, simply mentally asking her to be careful. He then turns to help the others with the planks, catching the future nails that fall out if nothing else.

Anaesthesia
08-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Marca smiles in return. "Qe quiet jaka. Jatil netren svaklar thurirl ui. Shivi svabol si chiili." Marca flaps her wings, and glides down the hall, which turns into a set of spiral stairs going down. At the bottom of the set of stairs is a half-door which sets herself on. The ceiling is realitively low, which makes the taller men hunch over. There are several rows of metal bars with different people inside, (Marca whispers "Cages" to Liani), and there are several mean looking men surrounding the "cages". Marca flies to one particular cage, and is able to squeeze through the bars. Inside is an unusual looking elf, which Marca greets."Xana ui thurirl. Xana, Liani ui myvish."

A couple of creaks later, the door is reduced to a total of 4 planks (and many, many nails).

The Wandering Bard
08-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Kadion feels every hair on his neck stand up as the nails fall on the ground. "Well its to late to do something about the noise but maybe we can stop future noise. Here use my cloak to catch the nails. it will stop then from hitting the ground. also maybe we can save them and use them later."

Kadion tosses the pair his cloak and a bag to place the nails in.

CountVander
08-06-2008, 05:40 AM
Ryoku smiles to Kadion, and bats her eyes girlishly.

"You are very resourceful, mother would approve...."

She watches intently on the groups next move fascinated with how they operate as a team.

Zane
08-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Liani follows Marca's lead, moving as silently as she can as well. Upon cages being mentioned, Liani takes care to look into each one they pass, seeing if she recogonizes any prisoners ((looking for Ota)).

However, Liani doesn't speak at all until they enter Xana's cage. Liani tilts her head, studying the elf for a moment before greeting her, in her broken Common. "Liani happy meet Xana. How Xana get here?"

Anaesthesia
08-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Xana smiles at Liani. "It's a very long story."

As Liani looked around the room, there is a row of cages in the far back, none of the occupants she could clearly see.

~~~~~
"We should nail or tie the planks together. I think it would be long enough if we tied or nailed them lengthwise."

As Fletcher finishes, a soft whoosh is heard and a slight breeze is felt. There is a strange smell and several flashes of light. Looking about the small hall, Festy has seemingly disappeared.

Valkier Silverwing
08-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Valkier sighs. I was hoping and praying to save this spell but if we are going to be hammering we are going to need silence.

Valkier will cast Silence on the boards. this will keep the area quite and if the party moves out of range the spell won't effect them.

he also catches the bad and cloak and follows the bards direction.

The Wandering Bard
08-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Save your spell Old one, I have some rope. I think we can salvage it after its used. or if we think we might need a quick escape we can leave it.

Kadion reaches into his pack and finds his silk rope. tossing it to the cleric he looks back towards the hallway. (Wait did I mess up again. did the guards come back my way or through another way?) if no guards this way Kadion will proceed to feed Spherious and watch the halls for danger

Spot roll
spot roll

The Mistwalker
08-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Omiran takes the rope from the man and kneels and begins trying to work the rope into a strong knot.

use rope roll

The Mistwalker
08-07-2008, 12:32 AM
Wow a perfect roll... :)

CountVander
08-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Ryoku walks along the walls, letting her hand touch the cold stone, feeling its existence. She looks down all the possible directions they could travel, and rubs the keys in her other hand softly, hoping to gain some enlightenment or inspiration.

Anaesthesia
08-07-2008, 11:29 AM
((TWB, no, you didn't mess up again. The guards have left the area entirely. :p))

Fletcher moves the first two planks towards the pit, leaving one of the untied ends between himself and Omiran. He places another plank on top of the one infront of him. "You tie, I'll hold."

The Wandering Bard
08-07-2008, 05:34 PM
(whew that was almost going to be embarressing :P)

Valkier Silverwing
08-07-2008, 08:59 PM
(DM, I (Tony-The Wandering Bard) am having issues with my log-in for some reason. I'm at Valkiers tonight and I'm borrowing his to pass the word along to you. I hope to have the issue resolved soon. Thanks)

Anaesthesia
08-08-2008, 12:02 PM
((no problem twb.))

The remaining boards are tied together, and Fletcher pushes them towards the other end of the pit, but close to the wall on the right."We can brace ourselves against this wall as we cross. Anyone want to go first?" the druid says.

The Wandering Bard
08-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Just FYI I'm back. All problems resolved. Thanks again to Valkier for letting me use his log-in to get the message through.

Kadion acts as a look out as the others try to get over the bridge.

CountVander
08-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Ryoku silently steps forward to be the first.

"I have always been told that the greatest experience is to do , and not just watch, may I go first?" she asks in a whisper.

Anaesthesia
08-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Everyone makes it across the makeshift plank. The folks in front see a small hallway with a spiral staircase going down. Following the staircase down, is a wooden halfdoor. A booming voice asks, "Who are you? This is a restricted area."