PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread



Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

dndmaster
04-12-2008, 08:21 PM
My initiative1d20+8=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1562122/) got it on the damage.... I knew that would happen but. ofcourse 'Talon' didn't ;)

Anaesthesia
04-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Round 1
Ashkore-21
Festy-16
Talon-15 <-here
Liani-5

Festy grabs Talon by the arm, saying a few words. ((Will Save negates (DC 15) or receive a -4 penalty on attack rolls, saves, ability checks, and skill checks here on out. This spell cannot be dispelled, but it can be removed with a break enchantment, limited wish, miracle, remove curse, or wish spell.))

Ashkore-Your attack hits, and severely injures the guard. You see Festy near Talon saying something to him.

dndmaster
04-13-2008, 05:24 PM
ooc: Will Save 1d20+6=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1563097/)

dndmaster
04-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Having the little gnome turned elf grab my arm suddenly unerves me a little. I shake it off and thinking to finish off the little humanoid I had struck before. 1d20+8=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1563183/) confirm crit 1d20+8=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1563185/) 1d8+5=8x2=16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1563187/) (had to add 2 to my rolls cause I did not use both weapons) and since the 'elf' is on my other arm I will pull my arm away. Getting ready for the searing pain from the energy shield.

OOC: By the way ashkore you take 4 points of damage from striking the guard.

Zane
04-13-2008, 09:06 PM
OOC: By the way ashkore you take 4 points of damage from striking the guard.
((OOC: From my own ability or something else that you are controlling?))

dndmaster
04-14-2008, 07:10 AM
ooc: something I am 'controlling'

The Wandering Bard
04-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Kadion starts to sing (Suggestion ability) to the guard holding the manacles and bow to take the manacles off and hand me the bow.

perform roll for Kadion

The Wandering Bard
04-14-2008, 08:15 AM
DC against mind suggestion is 18, 10(base)+4(half lvl rounded up)+4(charisma mod). :)

Anaesthesia
04-14-2008, 11:45 AM
ooc: something I am 'controlling'

An aura I presume.

And the guard thinks the suggestion is a great idea, and removes the manacles, also hands over the bow.

Zane
04-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Sorry folks, been a little rough but shay is in the arena and looking to join the fighting so please put shay down as moving to flank an enemy you can position him wherever would be the safest place thanks for your patience.....
((OOC: Editted this because I just realized that if we are placing Shay where he (she, I can't remember) is being attacked, shouldn't we be fair and at least put her in total defense? Of course, if headeast wanted Shay to flank, that would indicate attacking...

Oh, and keep this roll below in mind if I do still attack, since I don't want anyone to think I am changing my post just because of a low roll.))

Zane
04-14-2008, 04:51 PM
((OOC: Thought I was editing, but apparently added a new post. Sorry.))

Valkier Silverwing
04-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Hahaha :) nice work Kadion....didn't see that coming.

Valkier throws himself at the nearest guard his hands grasping at the mans uniform. (1d20+1)=16

Anaesthesia
04-15-2008, 11:05 AM
OOC-I actually was going to have Shay stand up next round-it would occur between Talon and Liani's actions (his init was 7). I can edit the list to have him stand/act defensive this round, if Liani doesn't mind holding her action until Shay has done this. (This would also let Shay and Festy flank Talon)

Zane
04-15-2008, 12:16 PM
OOC-I actually was going to have Shay stand up next round-it would occur between Talon and Liani's actions (his init was 7). I can edit the list to have him stand/act defensive this round, if Liani doesn't mind holding her action until Shay has done this. (This would also let Shay and Festy flank Talon)
((OOC: Sure, Liani missed anyway most likely. And the flanking was one of the reasons for asking. :-) And since we cleared that up in my mind - now I can post Ashkore's action for this round.))

Ashkore seems surprised by the slight shock he gets from smacking the guard, but shrugs it off easily. He quickly notes Shay being attacked once more and Kadion getting himself free, so he moves over near the rogue, saying "Wake up Shay, time to put these fools where they belong."

As he moves, Ashkore's companions feel a warmth radiant through them as their most serious wounds close themselves up. ((Swift action to change Draconic Aura to Vigor - allies heal 2 hp/round, up to 1/2 their total.)) Figuring that won't be enough, he decides to get the attention of the one beating on his friend, striking out at Shay's attacker (dndmaster) while asking "Why not try someone your own size?"

((Likely flubbed attack and damage rolled previously: 14 to hit, for 14 possible damage. If Festy is still there, should be able to position myself to flank with him as well, so attack roll is 16 - which I still doubt is high enough though.))

Anaesthesia
04-15-2008, 03:06 PM
(Nope, a 16 doesn't hit)

Festy is there and positions himself better, while casting a spell on Shay. He looks somewhat pale, after this. (22 points healed-should be enough).

Valkier you are able to grab ahold of the guard (with the manacles chain), although he is stuggling to get free.

Talon, you hear someone shouting (the guard that Valkier nabbed), saying to do something quick and take them up to the balcony.

Anaesthesia
04-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Ashkore, Liani, Talon please roll a spot check.

Zane
04-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Ashkore, Liani, Talon please roll a spot check.
Ashkore and Liani spots
((OOC: yep - Ashkore is focused on Talon, as he would be in that case. :lol:))

dndmaster
04-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Looking all about seeing who will come help him with the enemies I spot check (1d20+12=28) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1567563/)

Valkier Silverwing
04-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Valkier releases both stored charges into the man he has grappled.

Valkiers spell damage

Valkier Silverwing
04-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Woot!! figure the odds of getting two 6's hahaha die evil fool, feel the anger of Bahamut.

Anaesthesia
04-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Talon & Liani, you see a group of guards coming towards the group, as well as a heavily armored female Liani, you recognize her as Cally; Talon, you know she was with the party when they came into your camp.

Zane
04-17-2008, 12:38 PM
((OOC: So, where are we in our little :fencing:combat anymore? I've lost track...:redface:))

The Mistwalker
04-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Haha nice smilies :)

If I read this right. Valkier has just wounded or killed the guard he attacked as well as the one he attacked previously.

Kaidon has just pulled a beautiful fastball from the bards hall of fame and convinced the guard holding him to free and arm him.

I'm nearby somewhere I a crowd of guards and about to cause a bit of mischief myself. Liani has just spotted Cally somewhere and your making your way towards Kadion and Myself.

Shay is rouseing for battle. (hopefully with Midnight if I remember the wolfs name correctly.)

Anaesthesia
04-17-2008, 05:26 PM
(Very observant *lol* Btw, Mistwalker you are now up in the balcony,you saw Cally walk out of the balcony before you entered. She is now behind you)

The Wandering Bard
04-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Kadion sheaths his bow and rips his twin rapiers from their sheaths and attacks the nearest guards.

Kadions Main hand attack

kadions off hand attack

Damage main hand

damage off hand

The Mistwalker
04-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Omiran rears back and slams his sword into the nearest guards.

omiran attacks nearest guard (attack1)

omirans second attack

damage attack 1

damage attack2

The Wandering Bard
04-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Wow i just realized that I got a crit hit on the off hand.

roll to confirm crit.

if it's good then that will be 6 damage from the second attack

Zane
04-17-2008, 09:35 PM
(Very observant *lol* Btw, Mistwalker you are now up in the balcony,you saw Cally walk out of the balcony before you entered. She is now behind you)
((OOC: Actually, I meant where are we in the battle round? As in, who's turn is it currently? Of course, with so many mini battles going on at once, I know it's hard to keep up - I've lost track already myself. :redface:))

Wow i just realized that I got a crit hit on the off hand.
((OOC: And yet you didn't realize that you didn't actually roll damage for the off hand attack. For some reason !d6 isn't accepted as a dice roll... :p))

The Wandering Bard
04-17-2008, 10:01 PM
hahaha well it looks like I'm red in the face now.....

Kadions off hand attack

I quess this makes it 10 damge for the crit hit not 6. (thanks for the catch Zane {the bard bows low to the man}

dndmaster
04-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Kadion as you strike the guard you feel a surging through your body of electricity. Take 8 points of damage. ooc: that is if both hit...

Omiran as your attacks slices into the guard you feel a jolting as electicity courses into you taking 4 points of damage.... ooc: if possible that is....

The Wandering Bard
04-17-2008, 10:15 PM
OH you sneak, how dare you ;)

OOC: Headeast if your reading this game Barravas is needed in the Chains Game...(sorry for the advertisement :) )

Anaesthesia
04-18-2008, 02:11 PM
((Actually with so many people without rolling init-I lost track..))

Kaidon, you hit (and receive damage) the guard that you used the spell on. (He was standing directly infront of you, blocking your view)..and now you can see Cally & guards coming.

Omiran your first attack hits, and results in a "ding" in the guard standing next to you.

dndmaster
04-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Taking the chance while the others are a tad distracted, I move away from the others towards any crowd of guards or people whichever is closer.

Anaesthesia
04-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Taking the chance while the others are a tad distracted, I move away from the others towards any crowd of guards or people whichever is closer.

Ok. Crowd is closer. Move silently check? (and thus spot check for Ashkore?)

Zane
04-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Ok. Crowd is closer. Move silently check? (and thus spot check for Ashkore?)
Spot, AoO and damage for Talon moving away.

dndmaster
04-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Talon's move Silent check

Anaesthesia
04-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Talon you do get hit by the AoO, but you do manage to get into a crowd. (Ashkore-you do see his position in the crowd) You can either stay where you are in the crowd, or move outside where Ryoku is.

dndmaster
04-19-2008, 02:54 PM
ooc: Ashkore take another 4 points of dam.

The Wandering Bard
04-19-2008, 03:24 PM
OOC: who, or how many people are surronding Kadion (that are enemies) Is the guard who I hit a caster type (or would I even know that?)

Valkier Silverwing
04-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Valkier moves to the next closest enemy and shows him the wrath of the Planinum Dragon.

Valkiers Trident attack
Piercing damage
Shock Damage

Anaesthesia
04-20-2008, 03:22 PM
OOC: who, or how many people are surronding Kadion (that are enemies) Is the guard who I hit a caster type (or would I even know that?)

There are about 5 that are on the ground (injured, prone or dead/dying). The one you hit, you wouldn't be able to discern if he was a spell caster or not (unless you went through his things). There are 6 guards in front of you (closest is about 10 feet away) in which, Cally in front of them coming towards you.

Valkier you do hit one guard, to Cally's right. He is injured, but not severely enough to continue towards the group

The Wandering Bard
04-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Kadion attacks the next nearest guard.

kadions main hand
Kadions off hand
Main hand damage
Off hand damage

Zane
04-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Ashkore watches Talon move into the crowd as he takes a hit from the man. "Liani, shivi," he calls out, having Liani keep an eye on him for now. She does as Ashkore asks, flying above the crowd in order to watch Talon for now. In turn, Ashkore strikes out at any other nearby guards that might sill harass them as he calls for Valkier and Omiran to join him, Festy, and Kadion - to keep the group together.Liani's SpotAshkore attack and damage.

dndmaster
04-21-2008, 07:10 AM
Watching as the wretched little dragon flies overhead I take the chance to breath on it. breath on Laini and next time I can breath

Anaesthesia
04-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Kaidon, your first attack hits, but the second doesn't-you hit the one on Cally's left.

Liani, you do see the drow open his mouth. (I believe there is a save for this-not close enough to my books to double check)

Ashkore, you do see one injured guard, crawling towards you but you do manage to hit and finish him off.

Zane
04-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Liani, you do see the drow open his mouth. (I believe there is a save for this-not close enough to my books to double check)
((OOC: Yep, already checked with dndmaster on the DC. :D))

Liani sees the drow's movement and without even thinking, she already expects a blast of energy to come out. So, she quickly alters direction a couple times and even hovers for a second, all to try to avoid the blast. ((Ref save below)) As she comes out of her maneuver, she remains a little higher up and away from him so that she remains out of his future blast area.

Meanwhile, Ashkore looks to finish off yet another attacker that comes to close to him and his friends.
Liani Reflex
Ashkore attack and damage

Anaesthesia
04-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Ashkore-you hit another prone, who now becomes unconcious.

Cally is now within arm distance of Valkier and Kaidon.

Zane
04-21-2008, 07:12 PM
((OOC: Is Cally being escorted by these guards, or walking with them? Oh, and have any more of Shay's wounds closed over the last few rounds? (i.e. - is Shay at 1/2 hp or greater?)

And dndmaster - I got Liani's damage for 1/2 recorded.))

dndmaster
04-21-2008, 07:34 PM
ooc: cool also anyone that hits a guard needs to take 4 damage per hit, so I know there are a few that need to take some damage. :)

The Wandering Bard
04-21-2008, 07:43 PM
OOC: I know I'm down 12 damage from my 3 hits on various guards. So Ashkore how many wounds would heal on me after 2 rounds?

The Mistwalker
04-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Omirans form lumbers over to the others (or attempts to in case of his way being blocked) and thunders in on the nearest guard.

Omirans attacks

The Mistwalker
04-21-2008, 07:48 PM
sorry please ignore that rampage of Die rolls.

Omirans first attack
Omirans second attack
Omirans first attack damage
Omirans second attack damage

(remember that Omirans sword is adamantine)

Valkier Silverwing
04-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Valkier moves to Shay and casts Cure Light wounds.

Casts cure light wounds

Zane
04-21-2008, 10:16 PM
ooc: cool also anyone that hits a guard needs to take 4 damage per hit, so I know there are a few that need to take some damage. :)((I'm assuming from some of the events that have happened that this is similar to what Ashkore can do. If that is so, we don't take damage anymore because you moved away from where we are. Draconic Aura is only on allies within 30 feet of you.))
OOC: I know I'm down 12 damage from my 3 hits on various guards. So Ashkore how many wounds would heal on me after 2 rounds?((OOC: Only helps if you are lower than half your total hp))

dndmaster
04-21-2008, 10:57 PM
ooc: I moved away from you all but I guess I didn't think more than 30ft away, I could be wrong hard to tell without a grid. :) If so then you are absolutely correct!!!

Anaesthesia
04-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Omiran, you hit the guards which "escorted" you to the balcony and leaves signficant damange on both of them. Ahead of you, you see a roomful of people.

Valkier, you see Shay frowning, who then says absently that Cally looks different.

Talon is still in the 30ft range, so all of his auras still apply.

OOC:Cally seems to be escorted by the guards. Shay has all of his HP back (if not slightly more than he started with)

The Wandering Bard
04-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Ah then that means my last hit didn't provide me with damage so I'm only down 8 points. (small victory)

Zane
04-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Ashkore is pleased to note that Shay appears healthy again, so he alters his aura back to the shield, preparing to burn any who strike him or his allies. As he does so, he twitches slightly as the lightening still courses up his arm when he strikes down at the guards. After seeing similar effects occur to his companions, he looks back up for Liani - in order to find out where foul drow went to. "Gather everyone together," he tells Kaidon, even as Ashkore himself moves away and calls out, "Liani, ehtah."

At Ashkore's comment, Liani dives in toward Talon and quickly closes the distance. As soon as she is within 10 feet she suddenly stops and hovers for a split second, drawing her own breath and firing a blast of sweet smelling fragrances and pretty little balls that shine brightly and warm everyone in the area, threatening to put them to sleep, after which she flies back up to the ceiling. ((Cone of sleep, 15-ft, Will DC 14 to Talon and those around him.))Number of sleeping rounds, rounds until able to use breath weapon.
Ashkore follows Liani's dive to appear before Talon a moment after Liani flies back off. "Time to go down," he says, his voice almost more a growl than words. Ashkore takes a breath and yells out as he prepares to charge Talon, but instead a burst of flame comes out - a line of fire aimed right for Talon. ((Ref DC 18 for half))Fire damage

Anaesthesia
04-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Drow are immune to sleep attacks, however, those around Talon succumb to the sleep breath and start to fall around Talon, but not before they get hit by Ashkore's flames. They end up in a nice, crispy heap.

Festy starts "herding" everyone together, making sure Shay is not falling behind.

Zane
04-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Drow are immune to sleep attacks, however, those around Talon succumb to the sleep breath and start to fall around Talon, but not before they get hit by Ashkore's flames. They end up in a nice, crispy heap.((OOC: Yep, *I* know that, Ashkore didn't. Also- it will be very hard for him to hide in a crowd since that crowd is no longer there. :p))

dndmaster
04-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Talon's save vs Ashkore's Breath

Zane
04-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Ashkore just smirks, even as Talon avoids the worst of the blast. "Now that I got your attention, let's see what you can do, shall we?"

headeast76
04-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Shay follows closely as to not fall behind hoping that the rest of the raid doesn't go badly thanking his rescuers and looking for the next threat with his rapier at the ready....:cool:

Green Thumb
04-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Fletcher tosses his cloak behind his shoulder and ties back his hair to keep it out of his face for the excitement that may come. Hanging back and casually leaning against his staff, he surveys the mayhem before him looking for a place to be useful to the crew trying to break up this abomination.

Anaesthesia
04-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Fletcher-you see the majority of a group that was fighting in the aisle dash by you, in your seating area.

The Wandering Bard
04-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Looking to Cally on the comment that she looks different the bard tries to disern what that comment means as the fight rages on.

Kadion observes cally with a spot roll

then charges another guard

Kadions main hand attack
Kadions off hand attack
Kadions main hand damage
Kadions off hand damage

Anaesthesia
04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Kaidon, she appears to be directing the guards. Your first attack hits, which the guard lets out a little yelp...

Green Thumb
04-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Fletcher thinks to himself for a moment, "Well, what have I got to lose?"

Fletcher dashes off into the fray hot on the heels of this rowdy group beating down the Dark Brigade.

Fletcher shouts to the person at the tail of the group hoping his voice gets through the clash of weapons and grunts of those engaged for their lives..."I'm with you, not against you"

Zane
04-23-2008, 05:24 PM
...this rowdy group beating down the Dark Brigade...((OOC: I like that description. :D Doh, now I'm stuck waiting for Talon to repost... :bored: J/K dndmaster...))

dndmaster
04-23-2008, 06:01 PM
ooc: Did you say that loud enough for me to hear?

The Mistwalker
04-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Omiran again moves to join with the others of his group, deciding that the nearst guard has earned his death he swings his black sword.

Omiran continues to carve a bloody path through the humans standing against him (main attack)
Omiran's second attack
first attack damage
second damage

headeast76
04-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Shay being the one to notice cally, decides to try to get closer to investigate why she would be turning against us and to take any measures needed to take out the problem of having the guards directed where to strike next. Moving around the guards which seem to have their hands full at the moment, and staying away from the fighting or at least taking the path of least resistance to callys position. Rapier at the ready and being stealthy. Hide check (1d20+17/6+17 = 23) to blend into the chaos around me and just in case, Move silent check (1d20+17/3+17 = 20)



(Ooc: please let me know who is in my path before i get there so i can sneak attk and repost my attk and dmg):D

Anaesthesia
04-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Omiran-first attack hits, and the guard doubles over.

Shay-Valkier, Festy, Kaidon are all directly ahead of you.

The Wandering Bard
04-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Kadion is angered by the betrayl of Cally. "remember my words from the Inn witch? I told you that who ever betrays or attacks my friends will perish at my hand. In this you have earned your death." Kadion casts Heartfire on Cally.

(i don't think there are any rolls I have to make for this spell, just pick a target and they roll a save of some such....though I could be wrong (not near my Spell Compendium book at the moment.)

Zane
04-23-2008, 10:04 PM
ooc: Did you say that loud enough for me to hear?
((OOC: Absolutely, Ashkore ended up right near you. He didn't charge - as he was a little surprised by the fire breath himself (first time he used it actually. :D But he did move even closer, ending up about 5 feet from you -normal melee range.))

dndmaster
04-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Hearing the challenge so open, I take the opportunity to strike my opponent. Talon's attacks and damages Swinging with my longsword I suprise Ashkore, with the first strike but not the second as it swings wide of his dodge. "Now let us see who fights fair.

dndmaster
04-23-2008, 10:55 PM
ooc: make sure you all are taking 4 points per strike to whomever you hit please....

Zane
04-23-2008, 11:56 PM
Ashkore ... alters his aura back to the shield, preparing to burn any who strike him or his allies. Ashkore does indeed raise an eyebrow as Talon's first attack comes in quickly, and he is unable to fully block it. ((OOC: Take 4 damage yourself, if you have not already. :flame:))

"Lucky shot that time. I always enjoy the opportunity to burn the stench of vile blue servants from the face of Elata." Ashkore replies back, deciding to finish this evil off as soon as possible. The faint red shield around Ashkore's allies (That only they see - just added flavor for the aura) suddenly rushes towards them, seeping into their weapons before disappearing from sight. ((Swift action - Draconic Aura shifted to Power - +2 damage on all attacks for all allies.))

Ashkore doesn't even wait for the red to fully seep into his morningstar as he strikes out at the drow. Attack and damage

Green Thumb
04-24-2008, 06:50 AM
*Fletcher Casts Shillelagh on his staff*

Fletcher's hands slide up his staff as he chants for a brief moment, the words muted by the din of battle. A light flares brightly from the entire length of his staff.

With a sigh of relief, he mutters, "It still works, that is a good sign."

Fletcher moves into postion next to the imposing mass of a metal man that is dealing death at every blow.

Fletcher keeps his staff low and thrusts it into an opening in the guards defense

(OOC: By the way DM, what am I facing fighting next to Omiran?)

dndmaster
04-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Switching auras also I take another couple of swings at Ashkore. Talon's attacks and damage Growling off the burning feeling in my body and on my flesh I strike forward again.

dndmaster
04-24-2008, 07:18 AM
ooc: I hope it doesn't come down to unlucky rolling :(

Zane
04-24-2008, 10:29 AM
((DM - if dndmaster and I get going to quickly, please let us know. But since we seem to be able to post more often, I have a feeling that time around our little battle here will flow much quicker than the rest of the arena.
Of course, Talon could make it easy on the DM and just give up now...:rip: Oh, and in case it matters dndmaster, yes - Ashkore is using a magical weapon, so it bypasses some DR.))

Ashkore blocks the first attacks and then neatly sidesteps the second one - showing more dexterity than one would think likely with his equipment. Ashkore just smiles at Talon, "Is that the best that a blue kisser can do?" Ashkore shows off the power of the brass dragons with a mighty swing at Talon.Attack and damage

Anaesthesia
04-24-2008, 10:52 AM
(i don't think there are any rolls I have to make for this spell, just pick a target and they roll a save of some such....though I could be wrong (not near my Spell Compendium book at the moment.)

Actually it's a fort save (successful save, half damage). And anyone in the 40-foot radius must roll a fort save (25 feet+5 per 2 levels). 1d4 damage. Which would be Cally, the guards, Valkier, Festy, Shay and Kaidon-since you are all in very close proximity to your intended target.

Fletcher-up in the balcony with Omiran, you see several guards already injured. As you approach, you see Omiran attack a nearby guard. Ahead of you, several attendants or councilmembers are escaping whilst they can. The vile leader lingers a moment after most of his entourage has left. There are some guards that are still there-standing slightly behind their leader.

Zane
04-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Fletcher keeps his staff low and thrusts it into an opening in the guards defense
((OOC: I just noticed something that I feel I should cover. The +2 on your damage - is that from Ashkore or yourself? If yourself, no problem. If Ashkore - although you may have started fighting alongside Omiran, Ashkore does not place you as an ally, so you don't get the bonus, yet. Sorry.))

Green Thumb
04-24-2008, 11:47 AM
((OOC: I just noticed something that I feel I should cover. The +2 on your damage - is that from Ashkore or yourself? If yourself, no problem. If Ashkore - although you may have started fighting alongside Omiran, Ashkore does not place you as an ally, so you don't get the bonus, yet. Sorry.))

((OOC: The +2 is +1 from STR mod and +1 from temp weapon enchantment))

Zane
04-24-2008, 11:54 AM
((OOC: The +2 is +1 from STR mod and +1 from temp weapon enchantment))
((OOC: Cool, just felt like I needed to check. My aura has caused confusion more than once before. :confused:))

Green Thumb
04-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Fletcher asks Omiran," Hey big guy, what's the plan? I'll try to hold that guy up, he looks important"

Fletcher mumbles, "This ought to hold them still for a bit" as he makes a few discreet hand gestures with the accompanying phrases that will give life to his need.

((OOC: DM, if i can, consider this casting Entangle on the leader and his entourage setting the area of effect away from friendlies)

Anaesthesia
04-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Fletcher-the room is 20 wide and 40 feet long-still want to cast entangle, with the risk Omiran and yourself getting entangled as well?

Green Thumb
04-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Fletcher stops just before attempting to cast as he realizes that the balcony would instantly become an entangling mess of vegetation.

The Wandering Bard
04-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Hmmm...Yeah I think I will hold off on that spell (crap I've been waiting to use that one too.) instead I think I will try a differnet and more intresting route.

Kadion thinks better of his spell, not wanting to hurt his friends he casts Puppetmaster on Cally. (hehe dance my little puppet :) )

Anaesthesia
04-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Cally is completely affected by the spell-you notice a silvery strand linking your wrists and ankles to Cally's.

Suddenly the door slams shut where most everyone had left their leader and the guards on the balcony. The Vile leader has a wry smirk on his face.

Valkier Silverwing
04-24-2008, 06:49 PM
"you have us out numbered, that seems a little dishonorable. perhapes I should help save your souls and even the odds hmm what do you think." the cleric smiles and goes into the throws of casting his spell.

(casts summon monster lvl 3.)

Come Luxindra the tainted blood of our enemies awaits to be freed from its veins. (summons Celestial Dire Badger, who will immediately attack the nearest enemy.)

dndmaster
04-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Smiling wide at the thought of honoring my Lord with the death of this blasphemer, I swing my blades. "Taste the sting of my blades and see how it feels."Deft swings and destruction they cause

CountVander
04-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Ryoku simply meditates cross legged on a rock, a soft smile on her face as the warm wind catches her hair, letting it tickle her neck. she breathes deeply, listening to the wind, waiting for a sign of some importance.

Green Thumb
04-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Fletcher yells out at Iellion, "What do you think is so freaking funny?"

Zane
04-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Ashkore again easily blocks the first attack and sidesteps the next one, "Sorry, all I felt was a slight weak breeze." Ashkore replies, swinging an attack at Talon as he does so.Attack and damage

dndmaster
04-25-2008, 08:43 AM
Smiling at the comment Ashkore made "Perhaps, I should say the same for that inept attack you juist made." Attack and damage

dndmaster
04-25-2008, 08:45 AM
ooc: so just look at the second damage roll didn't know I was supposed to earase the others ;) so should just be this 1d6 (6) + 5 = 11

Zane
04-25-2008, 09:57 AM
ooc: so just look at the second damage roll didn't know I was supposed to earase the others ;) so should just be this 1d6 (6) + 5 = 11((OOC: Yeah, it doesn't let you reroll just one die - it rerolls them all. So, I'm looking at attacks at 18 and 23, for 6 and 11 damage.))

Ashkore just gives a half shrug as he catches Talon's attacks, deflecting the first and blocking the second solidly. "When at first you don't strike the evil, try try again," he says as Talon's eyes widen a little (I'd assume), since he expected the attack to get through Ashkore's defense. Taking advantage of that, Ashkore strikes in low, going for a body shot on the drow.Attack and damage

Zane
04-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Finally! Critical hit check

Anaesthesia
04-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Iellon does a quick hand gesture, and one of the guards steps forward. The guard is very odd-he has a very feline appearance, and seems to be some sort of feline hybrid.

Green Thumb
04-25-2008, 03:46 PM
"Metalhead, I hope you brought some catnip", Fletcher snickers as he hefts his staff.

"Hey there Kitty, do we really have to go through all of this trouble?" says Fletcher in an attempt to catch the guard by surprise just as he jabs his staff in quickly at the not quite human guard that stands in his way in an attempt to catch him off guard.

Attack and Damage(Shillelagh enchanted quarterstaff)

((OOC: Is there something wrong with these dice??))

The Wandering Bard
04-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Kadion swings his right hand up and wide making Cally swing her sword. he turns his body so that she will face one of the guards and make her attack the guard with her sword. (ah the irony :) )

OOC: DO I need to roll for an attack with my values or will you use cally's attack values and damage?

The Mistwalker
04-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Omiran is suprised as a human appears at his side, and for an instant he preceives him as a threat. in moments though the threat assesment is removed as the human begins attacking the warforges foes.

"I have not brought any Catnip, but I have a little something that will brighten his world." Omiran makes several quick gestures and casts his spell.

Kelgores Firebolt at the Feline warrior.

Omirans ranged attack roll
fire damage from spell

Anaesthesia
04-25-2008, 04:27 PM
((OOC-I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the dice roller. *shrug* I got Cally on my end, TWB.))

Fletcher, you miss the feline humanoid by mere inches, but Omiran's spell does hit. (subsequently there is now a smell of burnt fur...)

Cally's sword arcs and hits the guard next her squarely on the head, thus knocking him unconcious.

Green Thumb
04-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Tapping the lower end of his staff on the leg of the metallic hulk fighting next to him, Fletcher looks at him and says, "At least one of us is doing something useful here."

The Mistwalker
04-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Omiran's neck creaks as the darkwood frame and wires twist to face the man. "unless I miss my mark your a Druid, from my time with the elves I know that there are few whom I would rather have at my back. besides eventually a blind man's stick hits something." the last part of Omirans speech ends in a strange coughing noise that could only be an attempt by the warforge to laugh.

Green Thumb
04-25-2008, 07:47 PM
((OOC: So Omiran is saying that I should trying closing my eyes next time? Is there a penalty modifier for that DM?:lol:))

dndmaster
04-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Thinking that enough is enough and this battle will rage for a while, I decide to break off contact. Switching auras once again bluff check. If I succeed I move quickly toward his companions disguising my and turning back looking like Festy equipment and all, shrugging my shoulders to Ashkore and turning back to the others stabbing out at a guard.

dndmaster
04-25-2008, 07:57 PM
ooc: this dice roller hates me....think I may go back to the castle lol here is my castle roll :( 1d20+10=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1578032/)

Anaesthesia
04-25-2008, 08:06 PM
((Fletcher-Yep, there is a penalty for that.))

The Mistwalker
04-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Actually DM, I think that for Fletcher there might be a bonus ;) (joking. Fletcher will get a hit at some point, Its just been a bad streak of Rolls on the Dice roller for you.)

The Wandering Bard
04-25-2008, 08:31 PM
:) I love that, I've been waiting to use that puppt spell for a while and it is a great spell to use to mix it up.

Kadion continues with his gesture of combat moving around to position Cally into combat once more.

Zane
04-25-2008, 08:50 PM
If I succeed I move quickly toward his companions disguising my and turning back looking like Festy equipment and all, shrugging my shoulders to Ashkore and turning back to the others stabbing out at a guard.((OOC: Ok, What are you trying to do here, in game terms? I'm not familiar with any use of bluff that describes this. And DM, any modifiers for the bluff (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/bluff.htm)being hard for Ashkore to believe (as mentioned in the SRD) since Talon is just walking away?))

Green Thumb
04-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Fletcher puts his hand flat beneath his mouth, palm up, and starts to blow repeatedly in the direction of the burnt guard. A breeze visibly picks up blowing away from Fletcher and Omiran toward the guards and their leader. The breeze continues to gain in strength until it turns into a strong wind blowing around bust and causes the hair and clothing of the guards and their leader to flap wildly in the wind.

"Well, that should deal with the smell for a while"

((OOC: Never thought I would really use that spell, Wind Wall))

Anaesthesia
04-25-2008, 09:04 PM
((OOC: Ok, What are you trying to do here, in game terms? I'm not familiar with any use of bluff that describes this. And DM, any modifiers for the bluff (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/bluff.htm)being hard for Ashkore to believe (as mentioned in the SRD) since Talon is just walking away?))

((OCC:You're faster than I am. ;) Talon-I do agree with Zane. Zane, you get a +20 to your sense motive check.))

dndmaster
04-25-2008, 09:21 PM
well, I have an item that will help me disguise myself.... oh well, got to try something or die. The bluff is for a feint, to distract and all, know what I am getting at? If +20 warrents this then guess I lose no matter what.

Zane
04-25-2008, 09:42 PM
well, I have an item that will help me disguise myself.... oh well, got to try something or die. The bluff is for a feint, to distract and all, know what I am getting at? If +20 warrents this then guess I lose no matter what.
((OOC: Well, in game terms - a bluff to feint would be to deny an opponent his Dex bonus for a round. You could use a bluff versus sense motive to create a distraction to then do a hide check, moving and hiding into some shadows. Of course, that would be the entire round as well. Not trying to speak for the DM, but that might be some options. Of course, with a +20, it makes it VERY unlikely that I would lose it. Your call. I'll hold off rolling anything until you decide. Oh, and a hat of disguise (if that's what it is) takes a standard action to activate, so bluffing, moving away, and doing that is a little more than could be managed in a single turn I would think.

BTW - there IS a way that Talon can still make it out alive. But that's the only hint I'll give.))

dndmaster
04-26-2008, 02:22 PM
ooc: okay I will revert and do a different action.

"You are strong I give you that....does Bahamut give you this strength? or is it some other God that does this for you?" I keep my weapons ready not willing to strike unless struck upon.

Valkier Silverwing
04-26-2008, 06:04 PM
the Celestial Dire Badger will again continue clawing and biting the companions enemies.

Valkier will cast bless on the party. every one near Kadion and Festy gets the bonus. (every one add 1 to your AC, THACO, And Savings throws.)

Valkier Silverwing
04-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Sorry, its not Thaco any more (to Hit AC 0 = THACO) sorry, that should be Add +1 to your To Hit roll.

Anaesthesia
04-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Sorry, its not Thaco any more (to Hit AC 0 = THACO) sorry, that should be Add +1 to your To Hit roll.

No problem. ;)

Kaidon-the Dire Badger Valkier summoned is slightly behind Cally, attacking the other guards that came with her.

Zane
04-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Ashkore smirks at Talon, "Bahumut and the brass dragons that serve him showed me the way to unleash such strength. So, in a way I guess he does." Ashkore nods to Talon's weapons, "Drop your weapons and yield, and I will not strike. Otherwise, prepare to embrace death." Ashkore holds his morningstar out a little, ready to attack if his offer is declined.

dndmaster
04-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Seeing no other option, "How do I know that you will do as you say and not kill me once my weapons are down?" Relaxing my stance a tad to show no hostility.

Zane
04-27-2008, 12:56 AM
"I give you my word. If that is not enough for you, then we'll just have to finish this now. I am not like your current masters - my word is good." Ashkore simply replies.

headeast76
04-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Shay looks around for the one controling Cally wanting to attack him and end his life if close enough Shay attacks (1d20+15/8+15 = 23) attk 2 (1d20+10/12+10 = 22) Dmg (1d4+3/4+3 = 7) sneak attk if applicable (4d6+0/1,1,1,6+0 = 9) 2nd sneak attk (4d6+0/6,3,6,3+0 = 18) if not close enough Shay will attack the nearest guard.

Anaesthesia
04-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Shay looks around for the one controling Cally wanting to attack him and end his life if close enough Shay attacks (1d20+15/8+15 = 23) attk 2 (1d20+10/12+10 = 22) Dmg (1d4+3/4+3 = 7) sneak attk if applicable (4d6+0/1,1,1,6+0 = 9) 2nd sneak attk (4d6+0/6,3,6,3+0 = 18) if not close enough Shay will attack the nearest guard.

OOC:The only one "controlling" Cally at the moment is Kaidon with his spell...

Omiran and Fletcher, as the feline humaniod is in front of you, you hear a loud slam, and realize it was the door closing...

dndmaster
04-27-2008, 01:10 PM
I move slowly down towards the ground, sliding ever so slightly my crystal out of my longsword. Then laying both swords on the ground to the sides of me. "Satisfied?" I say with a smile as I take a step back. Knowing that I am never without a weapon I do not worry.sleight of hand check

Green Thumb
04-27-2008, 01:26 PM
"Um, I don't think that is a good sign," Fletcher remarks after hearing the door slam close. "Rather ominous, wouldn't you say big guy?"

((OOC: Ana, how many guards are with Iellion? And is he up to anything beside standing there waving guards forward?))

Fletcher swings his glittering staff in a wide arc at the wily feline guard who has been evading his attacks

Attack and damage

Anaesthesia
04-27-2008, 02:32 PM
((There were two guards with Iellon when he was waving them forward. Now there are only the guards infront of you and no Iellon.))

The guard winces in pain, and lunges at you, hitting you with his paw-like hand.(11 damage)

Green Thumb
04-27-2008, 03:30 PM
((OOC: If he can hear me))

Noticing that Iellon slipped out through the door despite the vicious claws that just tore through his shirt, Fletcher shouts a quick, "He's getting away! Iellon is getting away!"

Zane
04-27-2008, 03:32 PM
I move slowly down towards the ground, sliding ever so slightly my crystal out of my longsword. Ashkore and Liani Spot checks((OOC:Trying to see the drow remove the crystal - both likely fail seeing the slight of hand, but Liani has a small chance I'd wager.))

The Wandering Bard
04-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Omiran throws his considerable weight behind his next swings, wanting to finish off the cat-thingy and try to reach the fleeing man.

attack 1
Attack 2
damage 1
damage 2

The Wandering Bard
04-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Sorry attack 2 should be the following. (I forgot to add my +6 Base attack)

attack 2

OOC: MIstwalker is out of town for a funeral, he asked me a yesterday to play Omiran again as I already have his Char. Sheet. He said he would PM you when he had a chance to tell you how long he would be out. and if it was a while, possibly have you NPC Omiran for a little while.

Sorry for any confusion :)

headeast76
04-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Shay, being the easily side track person that he is...(Ooc: Inattentive Flaw ) hears (listen check 1d20+10/20+10 = 30) the cry that the feline type guard is getting away and rushes to catch up to the action to join the fight....

Anaesthesia
04-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Shay, being the easily side track person that he is...(Ooc: Inattentive Flaw ) hears (listen check 1d20+10/20+10 = 30) the cry that the feline type guard is getting away and rushes to catch up to the action to join the fight....

OOC: No prob TWB. ;) Unfortunately Shay, you can't be in two different places at the same time. You're with Kaidon and the others, not in the balcony with Omiran and Fletcher (the balcony is at least 30 feet away from you). Besides, your allies, as well as a celestial dire badger is blocking your way to the balcony.

Omiran hits with the first attack, and supsequently finishes off the guard. There is one other guard in the room, however, he is backing away from both of you, trying to reach the other side of the room.

Ryoku- you hear the crowds get considerably louder than they previously were, and you see several people that were also on the road near you, rush inside to see what the fuss is about.

The Mistwalker
04-28-2008, 04:12 PM
OOC: I Posted a little note in the Discussion thread.

Omiran moves to the next guard.

"Lay down your arms and surrender or perish like the others. the choice is yours. Make it swift, my patience is limited." the last words sound more like the grinding of a sharpening stone on metal then words, but they meaning can still be made out.

The Wandering Bard
04-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Kadion continues his assualt on the guards attacking his friends. he continues acting like he's fighting, making Cally attack more the of the nearby guards.

(OOC: How many are left near Myself and the others?)

CountVander
04-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Ryoku looks towards the doors, sighing softly.

"Mother said that crowds tend to get, what was that word... oh yes..."rowdy"...."

She continues to watch, preferring understanding through observation than violence.

Anaesthesia
04-29-2008, 11:58 AM
((Zane, I see I didn't post about the spot checks you made--I'm assuming Liani's roll is the one that is higher--she sees him moving his hand over his weapon, he may have palmed something


Omiran moves to the next guard.

"Lay down your arms and surrender or perish like the others. the choice is yours. Make it swift, my patience is limited." the last words sound more like the grinding of a sharpening stone on metal then words, but they meaning can still be made out.

The guard throws down his weapon and shield, attempting to surrender quickly.


Kadion continues his assualt on the guards attacking his friends. he continues acting like he's fighting, making Cally attack more the of the nearby guards.

(OOC: How many are left near Myself and the others?)

There are 3 left--2 are near the Celestial Dire Badger, one is near you.

Zane
04-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Zane, I see I didn't post about the spot checks you made--I'm assuming Liani's roll is the one that is higher--she sees him moving his hand over his weapon, he may have palmed something((OOC: Yes, hers was the higher - I always put them in the order I list. :cool: And don't feel bad - I missed the fact that dndmaster had edited in the roll until just now. :redface:))

Liani hovers above Ashkore and cries out, "What blue fighter keep? You try be sneaky, Liani see."

Ashkore just reaches out with his foot and pulls the dropped weapons towards him, further out of the drow's reach. At Liani's comment, Ashkore raises an eyebrow at Talon in a questioning look, studying him a second to see his response to Liani's claim.Ashkore Sense Motive
Before he can respond, Ashkore cuts in. "And yet you still try subterfuge. I guess it may have been too much to hope that one who had so fully devoted himself to the vile blues could actually be redeemed. Show me what Liani saw and fully yield, or face the consequences."

Liani, for her part, remains hovering near Ashkore, her eyes trained on Talon - watching his movements and studying him closely for any further signs of lies.Liani spot and Sense Motive checks
((OOC: You didn't think it was going to be that easy did you?))

dndmaster
04-29-2008, 02:22 PM
ooc: nothing ever is easy.....

Looking a little 'sheepish' I extend my hand showing a crystal but nothing else. "I figured it would be okay to hold onto my crystal it has.... 'sentimental' value. It can't hurt you itself." I then visibly slide it into a pocket somewhere on my person. "Besides you have my main weapons now." As he shrugs he winks to the little wyrmling.

Green Thumb
04-29-2008, 03:24 PM
While Omiran deals with the remaining guard on the balcony, Fletcher makes a hasty move across the balcony to the door and attempts to open it, praying not to get an arrow in the face.

"Hey big guy! Do the others need any help?"

Anaesthesia
04-30-2008, 11:43 AM
While Omiran deals with the remaining guard on the balcony, Fletcher makes a hasty move across the balcony to the door and attempts to open it, praying not to get an arrow in the face.


Roll a spot check (dc 25).

Kaidon & Group-there are no more guards nearby, and Cally appears furious.

The Wandering Bard
04-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Kadion releases the spell but before he does he tells the others to put their blades on the Paladin.

"Valkier do you have anything that will help us see if Cally is still loyal to us, or if she has left the path of her god?"

Green Thumb
05-01-2008, 05:31 AM
Fletcher scans the area ahead of him as he hurries across the balcony toward the door...

spot check

((OOC: I can't see the result of the dice, is that my fault? If you guys can't see it, then here is a roll from the WOTC dice roller: Roll(1d20)+9:18,+9 Total:27))

Zane
05-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Looking a little 'sheepish' I extend my hand showing a crystal but nothing else. "I figured it would be okay to hold onto my crystal it has.... 'sentimental' value. It can't hurt you itself." I then visibly slide it into a pocket somewhere on my person. "Besides you have my main weapons now." As he shrugs he winks to the little wyrmling.
Ashkore pauses, but since Liani just nods in response, he relaxes his weapon. "Wise of you to yield. Now, leave this area and never return. Think on how the power of Bahamut and the brass have so easily smited you and I hope that you realize the errors of your ways and repent. Otherwise, instead pray that we never meet again, for it will not end so easily." Ashkore keeps his weapon in hand, but lowered - intent on giving this drow a second chance. He keeps his foot on the drow's dropped weapons, to make sure that he doesn't have a sudden change of heart. Once Talon departs, Ashkore will collect the dropped weapons and return to the others, trying to catch up on what has happened while he was occupied.

dndmaster
05-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Departing the area but, not leaving entirely I heal my wounds. Keeping an eye on what is happening all around I disguise myself as just a normal bystander.

Valkier Silverwing
05-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Valkier moves to place the tines of his sparking trident up against Cally's neck the casts detect Alignment on the paladin. (if that doesn't work I will cast a different spell. )

The Mistwalker
05-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Looking to the guard who surrendered the warforged says. "get out of my sight, If I see you again I will kill you next time. "

Thank you little man, I am Omiran. A warforged Duskblade, trained by the Elves of the North. I thank you for your aid. I could not have managed all of them alone. Come lets join my friends. We should regroup before we follow after Illeon. (omiran makes his way to his companions.)

Green Thumb
05-01-2008, 05:16 PM
You have a point Omiran, I do have a tendancy to rush off headlong into a pit. Heh. Well met. I am Fletcher, a druid of this land. How many are you altogether?"

Anaesthesia
05-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Fletcher scans the area ahead of him as he hurries across the balcony toward the door...

((OOC: I can't see the result of the dice, is that my fault? If you guys can't see it, then here is a roll from the WOTC dice roller: Roll(1d20)+9:18,+9 Total:27))

((OOC:I'm not exactly sure why a 18 or a 9 is there, but if your total Wisdom Score is 18 (ie what you rolled was 18), your modifer would be +4. Read over the ability scores, here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#abilityModifiers). The die roller seems to have its moments when its not working...I'll reroll your spot...))

Fletcher Spot

As you exit the door-your foot catches on something (roll a reflex save).


Valkier moves to place the tines of his sparking trident up against Cally's neck the casts detect Alignment on the paladin. (if that doesn't work I will cast a different spell. )

You realize that her alignment changed from a good one to one of evil.

The guard nods enthusiastically at Omiran, but doesn't say anything.

(please ignore the roll with the +9..)

Valkier Silverwing
05-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Valkier shakes his head sadly. "I'm sorry but Cally has changed sides. She is no longer with us. I see her aura has changed from the White of purity to the blackness of evil. We could question her and see what made her change her mind. Heck if the master bard is still around, or has troops about, or even if the church members are still around, we could send Cally with them until we get a chance to question her. maybe the church could convince her to change her ways again. but if we cannot find one of the others, I see little use in keeping her alive. Bahamut understands my meanings. I hate to kill her but she is with the blues, and would slow us down. and I doubt we could save her right now. those are the only options I see. the choice must be made quickly though."


(OK every one it looks like we have a choice here. I have voiced what I think, If valkier notices any of the NPC's Preferably a group of good size, to ensure her returning to the churches with out escaping please let me know.(that was to the DM) every one else, I think we should vote on it. )

OOC: the battle is over out here in the courtyard right? would you still like me to roll a spot check?

Green Thumb
05-01-2008, 08:39 PM
((OOC:I'm not exactly sure why a 18 or a 9 is there, but if your total Wisdom Score is 18 (ie what you rolled was 18), your modifer would be +4. Read over the ability scores, here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#abilityModifiers). The die roller seems to have its moments when its not working...I'll reroll your spot...))


As you exit the door-your foot catches on something (roll a reflex save).

((OOC: The +9 was a combo of Wisdom modifier and Spot skill ranks)

Reflex Save

Anaesthesia
05-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Valkier, no spot is needed, although you do not see any of your allies in your area. There is no other guards in the area or any other aggressors that you can see.

((OOC:Fletch, thanks for the info)) You fall forward, but quickly catch yourself

Talon-from your position you can see they have fought off several guards. (Ashkore-are you in the same area where Talon walked away from you? To see where he went, a spot check)

Zane
05-02-2008, 11:50 AM
(Ashkore-are you in the same area where Talon walked away from you? To see where he went, a spot check)((OOC: Not worrying about watching him right now, giving him a second chance, so we'll see how it turns out. Ashkore and Liani are going to head over to where Kaidon and the others are at. I was going to wait - to indicate the time spent in battle with Talon, but this point is too good story-wise...))
Valkier shakes his head sadly. "I'm sorry but Cally has changed sides. She is no longer with us. I see her aura has changed from the White of purity to the blackness of evil. We could question her and see what made her change her mind."
((See here (http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=109286&p=3&topicID=11363593&commentPage=17). - Zane))"Heck, I'll strip to the skivvies, to prove I'm not wearing anything to hide who I am from you.... I swear to Heironeous, and no one else. I follow the Good and Faithful path, and I Help those who need help. That scum there," motioning to the body lying on the floor she knocked out, "was no one I would associate with. The fact that he is alive, is a testament to my self-discipline, not to my intending you to be the targets of a nefarious plan."
Ashkore returns to Kaidon and Valkier as the priest gives his discovery.

"Then we shall ask. I didn't trust her before we met, although I grew to do so. Now, I will determine what caused this change." Ashkore looks to Cally, looking her in the eyes. He just stares at her for a moment, but only a moment as the fire inside him rages again and its intensity shines in his eyes. ((Swift action - Draconic Aura to Presence))

Suddenly, Ashkore moves up a step, forcing Cally to see only his face and the intensity of his anger. "You swore before to follow the path of good, and yet here you are - a servant of vileness. Tell me what happened, what changed, when did you decide that you were this stupid? Otherwise, I shall have to take you up on your original offer to get to the bottom of this."Intimidate check

Anaesthesia
05-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Cally starts laughing, then gains control of herself. " I was already on the outs with the Heironious temple, so I decided to try to join the Dark Brigade. My informants gave me a test-to find one of the Pearls. I decided to take advantage of my status and track the Pearls down. Amarilla was unaware of my plans--until recently. Draeden on the other hand, was helping me in my search. I only came down her to demand you hand over the Pearl. I will go to any lengths to extract that Pearl."

The Wandering Bard
05-02-2008, 03:29 PM
We can't let her live. Unlike many of the guards that fled, Cally has powers given to her by her dark diety, and the talents to turn good people to the wrong paths. The others are no where in sight, I see little we can do.

OOC: What roll do I need to make to hit Cally and Make her Unconscience ?

Anaesthesia
05-02-2008, 03:56 PM
OOC: What roll do I need to make to hit Cally and Make her Unconscience ?


((If you're using your own fist-1d20+Str Modifier. I do remind you that you still have the Puppet Spell casted.)

headeast76
05-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Shay speaks up and says " I think we should just slit her deceitful little throat right now, and may the evil die with her. I will volunteer to do the honor to my deity by restoring balance to the universes. "

Zane
05-03-2008, 01:21 AM
Draeden on the other hand, was helping me in my search. I only came down her to demand you hand over the Pearl. I will go to any lengths to extract that Pearl."
Shay speaks up and says " I think we should just slit her deceitful little throat right now, and may the evil die with her. I will volunteer to do the honor to my deity by restoring balance to the universes. "
Without even shifting his gaze from Cally he responds. "If Draeden is fool enough to show himself, then he can meet up with you in the hells. Shay, do it." Ashkore doesn't back down or look away as Shay ends Cally's life, but as her blood pours out, he just simply states "And thus you earn your due reward. Burn in the hells Cally."

((OOC: well - one less NPC to deal with. :-P Also, I can check myself if no one knows - but how did she know we had a pearl?))

Green Thumb
05-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Fletcher looks back to see what almost tripped him.

The Mistwalker
05-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Omiran walks over to the others, his mind races at the scene before him but hearing the words spoken by the others Omiran pieces what happened together. he places his gore covered sword on one of her shoulder blades.

"Kneel and meet your death with honor. or die burning at my hands, or if you don't like either of those options, we can see how long you can hold your breath with my hands around your throat." for emphisis the warforged holds up his other massive silver hand.

Anaesthesia
05-03-2008, 07:45 PM
((OOC: well - one less NPC to deal with. :-P Also, I can check myself if no one knows - but how did she know we had a pearl?))

( :) Ah..one more mystery to figure out. :P I believe she wasn't there when you guys recovered the pearl from the Dwarves, but hey, doesn't mean she had a way to find out! :lol: )


Fletcher looks back to see what almost tripped him.

A small rope, which is now partially pulled out of the wall. Looking ahead-you see Omiran, along with some others.

Omiran, your only response from Cally is gurgled noises.

Green Thumb
05-04-2008, 12:59 PM
"Hmm, rope. I wonder how he put that there so quickly." Fletcher attempts to gather up the rope into a neat coil and then moves on to follow Omiran to see what is happening now that things have quieted down a bit.

The Wandering Bard
05-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Kadion shakes his head and looks to the others. "We have taken the courtyard, we have already lost three of our allies, Dreaden, Cally, and her dwarven companion. plus all of the others from the churches, thieves guild and various others have all disappeared....It looks like its just us now, we have to stop Illeon and his minions, we should take stock in what we have. I have this Gem, we found a pearl, and a strange deck of cards. anything else?

(kadion dismisses the spell on Cally)

headeast76
05-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Kadion shakes his head and looks to the others. "We have taken the courtyard, we have already lost three of our allies, Dreaden, Cally, and her dwarven companion. plus all of the others from the churches, thieves guild and various others have all disappeared....It looks like its just us now, we have to stop Illeon and his minions, we should take stock in what we have. I have this Gem, we found a pearl, and a strange deck of cards. anything else?

(kadion dismisses the spell on Cally)

Shay speaks up and says " I haven't found anything special but if you would let me, I'd like to check out the deck of cards you have... I really like cards! Can I see the deck please ??? "

Green Thumb
05-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Fletcher edges in closer to the group and announces "Uh, I found this rope."

"My name is Fletcher. It looked like you could use a little help,so I stepped in"

The Wandering Bard
05-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Kadion fishes through his bags and finds the deck of cards. looking to the others, the Bard can't find any reason not to let the halfing examine the deck.

(Kadion hands over the cards to Shay.)

Greetings Fletcher. I am Kadion, a wandering Bard, warrior, healer, and tome of various tid-bits of knowledge that I have gathered during my walk-about. How if I might ask, did you come upon our intrepid band of misfits?

Anaesthesia
05-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Shay-as you look over the deck of cards, you note they aren't an ordinary deck of cards....

Green Thumb
05-05-2008, 12:51 PM
"Well met, Kadion! I am from the Druid Circle near Luwelet. Recently your companion, Draeden, came seeking assistance. I was here in the area of the arena investigating the disappearance of members of our Circle when certain messengers relayed word to me of your band. It seems or interests overlap somewhat, besides the fact that I like a good scuffle from time to time."

Fletcher pauses in thought.

"It seems that Iellion ran while me and that laconic fellow there sorted out his guards. What do you know of this man, Iellion?"

Zane
05-05-2008, 02:53 PM
"Well met, Kadion! I am from the Druid Circle near Luwelet. Recently your companion, Draeden, came seeking assistance.((OOC: Ouch, not the best choice of words to use at this moment... At least you get the 'typical' introduction to the group now. :D))

Ashkore spins as the druid introduces himself, approaching him even as he finishes speaking. As soon as he is near, Ashkore reaches to grab the man by his shirt collar.Grapple junk - ignore((Green Thumb agreed to forgo the formalities - so I'll move on.))

Green Thumb
05-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Fletcher's eyes quickly focus in on the intense looking man that has just whirled and grabbed him by the collar. Making a gut decision, Fletcher tosses aside his staff and throws his hands up.

"Whoa, was it something I said? I apologize if what I said offends. Where do such prickly men hail from?"

Zane
05-05-2008, 03:36 PM
"Whoa, was it something I said? I apologize if what I said offends. Where do such prickly men hail from?"
Ashkore grabs the druid and pulls him in tight with impressive strength. "We have no answers to give a friend of Draeden, may his soul burn. To side with him is to side with Iellon and the evil he represents." Ashkore's eyes burn with anger, and seemingly some internal fire as well.

"You simply 'happen' to be free in this den of vileness and assume that we won't kill you as we will all those who oppose goodness? Speak quickly, or you will join the fate of your friend's lover." With that, Ashkore pushes Fletcher to the side a little so that he can get a good view of Cally's freshly dead body, the blood still pouring out.

Green Thumb
05-05-2008, 03:52 PM
"We have no answers to give a friend of Draeden, may his soul burn. To side with him is to side with Iellon and the evil he represents."

"Who said I was his friend? I never met the man and it sounds like I should be grateful for that if this is the fate of his "friends" says Fletcher as he cuts his eyes down at the still warm body of the girl. "I was here in disguise to find out if this man, Iellion, was responsible for the disappearance of several of our initiates. What an uncomfortable place it was for me. Every stone reeks to my senses. An unnatural place it is for sure and appointed only for evil. I assure you, we seek the same ends."

Zane
05-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Ashkore's eyes soften a little, the rage playing itself out. However, he keeps ahold of Fletcher for a moment, but glances past him to Omiran, who spent time with the druid, Valkier, who could help discern the truth, and Kadion, who seems to have good reads on people.

((OOC: Welcome to the rest of the group Green Thumb, although not 'officially' yet.))

headeast76
05-06-2008, 01:59 AM
Shay-as you look over the deck of cards, you note they aren't an ordinary deck of cards....


Shay sits down and starts to spread the cards out on the ground for closer inspection using his magnifying glass...... (Ooc: What appears different about these cards? )

Anaesthesia
05-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Shay sits down and starts to spread the cards out on the ground for closer inspection using his magnifying glass...... (Ooc: What appears different about these cards? )


They are made of parchment-34 in all. One of the cards is completely blank.

Valkier Silverwing
05-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Be at ease Ashkore, I sence no evil in this man. He seems to be a decent fellow. and besides, Omiran would have cut him down where he stood if he did not stand with us. I saw the two talking on the balcony steps before they headed down here. Omiran I hope would have told us if the man possed a threat.

The Wandering Bard
05-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Kadion looks at the druid then his jaw drops and he fumbles for his side pouch as if it were on fire. reaching into the bag he pulls out a long band of teeth and claws with two beady eyes that look rather annoyed at the bard. swinging his pack onto the ground the bard fishes out a large chunk of cheese and a chunk of meat and feeds the some what vexed ferret. after devouring its meal it moves slowly as to not attract attention, scampering over to the new comers leg. its noise twitches and shakes as it sniffs the mans leg. after a moment its eye look up towards the owners and it squeeks.

Kadion laughs, a loud heart felt sound. "Spherious seems to like you....And i'm starting to get the feeling he doesn't like a lot of people."

CountVander
05-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Ryoku notices that it seems the fighting has ceased, and stands, brushing off her clothing and walking towards the doors once more, her body alert in case it should be a trap....

Zane
05-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Ashkore gently releases the druid and even smooths out where he had grabbed the man's shirt. "Very well, my companions seem to think you are alright. In which case," Ashkore pauses for a moment and steps back, taking a breath as he does so. As he moves, it seems as though a great weight falls from him, "I apologize for acting so rashly. Apparently you are not the only one who finds this place unbearably uncomfortable, although you seem to be dealing with it better than I have."

Ashkore looks in the direction of where Iellon had been, and from where he fled. "As far as your previous question - Iellon is the leader of the Dark Brigade and a foul follower of the vile Blues. Dreaden, and Cally there, had met up with us earlier, claiming to serve the side of good. And now Cally turned on us to serve Iellon, and with her last breaths condemned Draeden as well. So when you mentioned his name, well - my thoughts went to the worst. I am willing to give anyone a second chance, but if they fail to repent, or even worse - betray me." Ashkore just glances at Cally, letting that finish the thought.

"But that is not a topic on which to dwell now. Kaidon, how much do you remember of the map? Although I doubt that Iellon will leave any survivors, we must check."

headeast76
05-07-2008, 01:39 AM
They are made of parchment-34 in all. One of the cards is completely blank.



Shay says to anyone who will listen " can anyone tell me about these cards they are really strange and who knows maybe they have some magic in them I can't see any though "

Green Thumb
05-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Leaning over toward Shay, Fletcher says, "I'll take a look at those."

Fletcher moves his hands across the cards while intoning the words of a spell.

((OOC: Casting Read Magic to see what I can see on these here cards))

Anaesthesia
05-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Ryoku, you see there are still people in the stadium, although it seems like they are dissapating somewhat and the majority of the crowd start out towards different doors.

Fletcher, you recognize that the cards have some arcane value, although you do not find anything on any of the cards that looks like magic writing.

The Wandering Bard
05-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Spherious scampers back over to the bards legs, and Kadion picks the ferret up. stroking the small animals soft fur the bard thinks for a moment.

Yeah I think I have a copy in my bag somewhere. I'm rather glad I asked the Lord Bard for a copy incase anything happened to them.

(OOC: DM is there a way you could repost the maps again.?)

Green Thumb
05-07-2008, 07:18 PM
"Well, there is definitely something more to these cards, Shay. I'd hold on to them if I were you."

"That's quite the little critter you have there Kadion. Has it been with you long?"

Anaesthesia
05-07-2008, 08:05 PM
(OOC: DM is there a way you could repost the maps again.?)

Adjacent Temple: (Ignore the word Rebel on top)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/AlterEgoZoe/Dungeons%20and%20Dragons/04_CompleteScoundrel_72_ppi_3dh2s.jpg

Arena & its buildings:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/AlterEgoZoe/Dungeons%20and%20Dragons/03_MarMAW2006_72_ppi_vn212op.jpg


I'll post these in the NPC & Elata thread for easier access. :)

CountVander
05-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Ryoku opens the door to the arena and carefully steps inside, wondering exactly what transpired.

Zane
05-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Ashkore looks at the map, and scans the arena to figure out where they came in and which door is which. After a moment, he nods to the door that leads deeper into the building. "The prisoners should be that way. Let's go."

Green Thumb
05-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Fletcher chimes in, "Yes, and with luck we will find my brothers and sisters."

Valkier Silverwing
05-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Valkier nods in agreement with the dragon shaman and tightens his grip on his trident. (I assume that the badger has vanished back to the plane that it was summoned from.) The cleric moves up the steps in the indicated direction and trys to open the door.

if the door is stuck he will try to force it open.
str. check

Green Thumb
05-08-2008, 04:24 PM
((Let's hope it opens))

Anaesthesia
05-08-2008, 06:26 PM
The door opens, there in front of you is a dark room with little light. You hear muffled groans and as well as clanking of chains. A horrible smell waifs towards you.

The Wandering Bard
05-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Kadion looks to the druid. "Shperious has been with me for a few weeks. rescued from the curious paws of a kender. he is still more then a little wild, and I hope to train him for some practical uses when we have a few moments of spare time."

carefully the bard places the ferret back into his pouch and pulls out his longbow. he fits an arrow onto the string and speaks the activation words causing the head of the arrow to explode with a ruby light. the flames don't seem to burn the arrow, but are hot none the less. Kadion follows the cleric up the steps and moves into the doorway, the light of the arrow lighting up the interior.

Zane
05-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Ashkore pushes ahead of Kadion slightly, knowing that he can take a hit of a surprise attack better, but he remains close so that Kadion's bow can light the way.

CountVander
05-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Ryoku walks towards the gathering of individuals who seem to be moving through another doorway. She tries to locate someone who looks familiar to her.

Zane
05-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Ryoku walks towards the gathering of individuals who seem to be moving through another doorway. She tries to locate someone who looks familiar to her.
((OOC: You mean towards us, right? The group that was fighting against you (although you didn't fight) in the camp? If so, since Ashkore is mainly focusing on the door...))Spot check to notice Ryoku

Anaesthesia
05-09-2008, 12:06 PM
((OOC:Ryoku is coming from the main door to the other door you guys are going thru-so Ryoku would be completely behind the group, no? If Ashkore turn in Ryoku's direction, I'd say the spot works. ;) ))

Zane
05-09-2008, 01:33 PM
((OOC: Ok, wasn't sure of exactly where she would be coming in relation to everyone. If from the side, I'd say he might be glancing. From behind - he's not. So, ignore the spot check, he's focusing on what is ahead of him right now.))

Green Thumb
05-09-2008, 04:47 PM
"Can you see anything up ahead?"

Anaesthesia
05-09-2008, 04:53 PM
((OOC: Ok, wasn't sure of exactly where she would be coming in relation to everyone. If from the side, I'd say he might be glancing. From behind - he's not. So, ignore the spot check, he's focusing on what is ahead of him right now.))

((no problem. ;) ))

Those near the flame (or have lowlight vision), can dimly see a gathering of guards several feet away.

Zane
05-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Ashkore pulls up his morningstar, pointing it at the gathering of guards. He scans over them a moment before he bellows out, to ensure that all can hear him. "We have already been forced to lay low many of your friends, and I assure you that you will all join them if you stand against us. This is your last chance to avoid such a fate. Throw down your weapons and surrender, or end your lives under the service of the foul Iellon and the vile evil that he serves."Intimidate

Anaesthesia
05-10-2008, 12:37 PM
One of the guards, who looks like he's in charge, starts laughing-the others start laughing as well. The head guard shouts back to you, "Who do you think you are to order me around??"

Festy says calmly, "Ashkore, it's a trick. And a poor one at that. I believe it's of gnome make-its reponses are programmed."

Zane
05-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Festy says calmly, "Ashkore, it's a trick. And a poor one at that. I believe it's of gnome make-its reponses are programmed.""A trick? As in not human, or not even real?" Ashkore asks aside to Festy.

Anaesthesia
05-10-2008, 07:41 PM
"A trick? As in not human, or not even real?" Ashkore asks aside to Festy.

"Yes, as in it's all jsut a show. Mechanical, really. Watch their eyes-they don't blink. Let's continue, shall we?"

Zane
05-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Ashkore nods to Festy and walks straight forward to pass through the collection of guards, throughly ignoring them and heading forward to the prisoners.

headeast76
05-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Shay follows the group and tries to stay in the middle somewhere close to Ashkore......

The Wandering Bard
05-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Kadion looks for the device that creates the illusion. having heard festy's explaination. I assume that it is an item and not a spell as it was gnome made)

search roll for object

CountVander
05-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Ryoku hears the conversation and silently follows the group, not wanting to disrupt their focus. She does pull out her kama should there be trouble. As they all pass through the "guards", she stops and stares with wonder at their design, and the machinations of the little people known as gnomes.

"Fascinating..." she wonders out loud, a whisper, but still it could be heard by those close by.

dndmaster
05-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Talon watching as the group moves through the arena and into another area doesn't really follow close but, stays near. Then something familiar crosses his path as he sees Ryoku. Wanting to say something to Ryoku he patiently wait for a better time.

Green Thumb
05-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Fletcher follows behind the group as it moves through the open doorway.

Anaesthesia
05-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Kaidon-you note that most of the "skin" is made of bark and some padding. The clothes are poor examples of the Brigade's uniform.

The group comes to a large stone wall-which did not appear on the map.

Zane
05-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Ryoku hears the conversation and silently follows the group, not wanting to disrupt their focus. She does pull out her kama should there be trouble. As they all pass through the "guards", she stops and stares with wonder at their design, and the machinations of the little people known as gnomes.

"Fascinating..." she wonders out loud, a whisper, but still it could be heard by those close by.((OOC: Since you are apparently intent on meeting up...)) Listen check vs DC 10
"Not all that fascinating, rather sad in fact. They can't even pay mercs to guard their place, so they resort..." Ashkore pauses in his assessment, realizing that the voice was not familiar. He turns his head, and looks at the kama wielding stranger, his morningstar quickly coming up before him. "And who might you be?" he asks - his voice betraying how on edge he really is, his eyes watching her carefully. ((BTW - I don't recall a desc of you, could we get one now?))

Valkier Silverwing
05-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Valkier walks into the flickering light of the young bards arrows, with a growl the priests activates the lightning magic stored in his trident. the light of the arcing lightning flickers like a torch. (Item glows as in DM guide.)

The Wandering Bard
05-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Kadion spins on his heels. flaming arrow ready to attack what ever Ashkore is talking to.

The Mistwalker
05-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Omiran stands next to Festy, acting as a body guard. his mind falling back into the military training he recieved during his creation. Find the weakest member of the unit and stay near. the provide assistance when needed but do not hinder your own skills unless there is no other option. the sound of the mans heavily accented voice still echoed in the warforgeds memory. drowning out all sounds from the party. with a start the warforged finds himself back amoung his compaions. the memories of the past fading away.

Zane
05-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Since the female doesn't respond to his question and keeps her weapon raised, Ashkore waits no longer and pulls his morningstar out as well, closing in quickly and attacking. "Face the price for sneaking up on us foul evil."Attack and roll

Anaesthesia
05-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Ashkore, you do hit Ryoku the NPC, who then recoils away from you.

CountVander
05-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Ryoku takes the hit, twisting so as to not fall to the ground. She simply tilts her head to the side.

"How sad it must be to feel the need to kill all before you. Wisdom is not found in the death of others, only in the creation of new ideas within others. May I suggest a more civil approach, especially when someone does not respond right away. I was merely intrigued at the object, nothing more. And coming from the forest glen of Havenlight, I have little knowledge of this world, but your actions say much.."

Ryoku lowers the kama and replaces it behind her back, wiping the blood from her mouth and touching her simple brown belt.

~activating healing belt 1 charge~

~2d8 = 10 hp returned to her~

"Still, you people intrigue me, and I have been told to learn of the world for myself, so I shall travel onwards. I promise I will not get in the way, as long as you are not in mine..."

She smiles politely, and bows.

"I am Ryoku, daughter of Selindria, Keeper of the Grove of Peace in Havenlight."

What you see before you is a calmly, thin woman, her blond hair braided in pigtails at the moment, and her eyes emerald green. she looks to be about nineteen or so, and wears a simple traveling monks apparel, which accents her thighs and shoulders, giving her legs an elongated look while giving her freedom to move quickly. She is barefoot.

Zane
05-16-2008, 11:31 AM
"Interesting that one from a forest glen would think to know civility, especially when you also admit you know little of the rest of the world. But that matters not. Let this be your first lesson then - when in a den of evil, do not approach those destroying its keepers from behind with a drawn weapon."

Ashkore looks over the simple appearing girl. "Since you claim to be from this Grove of Peace, what are you doing in this vile place?"

CountVander
05-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Ryoku sighs and brushes a lock of golden hair from her face.

"Mother said that before I could understand the purpose of good, I must see and experience the nature of evil..."

The Wandering Bard
05-16-2008, 03:46 PM
"But evil can corrupt the mortal soul, even if the intentions were good. Where do you stand in this game between light and darkness? who is your master if you are but the pawn?"

CountVander
05-16-2008, 07:45 PM
"A pawn is only a pawn when its wants to be one; for even a pawn can fell a king. I stand in the place between light and darkness, chaos and order. Mother taught me that without one, the other dissolves into nothingness, and to stand between them is to keep them alive and at bay."

Anaesthesia
05-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Fletcher scratches his chin, "Grove of Peace...sounds familiar..."

The Wandering Bard
05-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Kadion smiles, his teeth reflecting the light of the flaming arrow. "well answered. We shall continue this intriguing discussion another time. First off I agree with Ashkore, what is your purpose here? we saw you in the dark brigades camp, why?"

Zane
05-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Ashkore just shakes his head a little. "We don't have time for this right now. We don't know you, and have little reason to trust you. However, allies should never be turned away. This is what we will do, you - Ryoku - will decide the next leg of your journey."

Ashkore stands up straight, his morningstar lowered. "If you wish to travel with us, to see what evil brings and how good will smite it down, then you may - under one condition. As we don't trust you yet, you will hand over that belt you just used. You fiddled with it and the wound you got seemed to heal somewhat. It will be returned to you, once we trust you. And even if we are unsure about you, we will not let you fall to another's blade so do not fear that."

Ashkore pauses a moment, to let it sink in and watch her reaction. "Or, your other option is to leave and travel on your own, continuing with your mission - in the other direction from where we travel. Your decision."

The Mistwalker
05-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Omirans chest rumbles as if releasing a sigh. "the longer we wait the worse the chances of finding your friend in good health."

Anaesthesia
05-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Festy speaks up, "It would be better if we aren't standing here debating, if we want to find Ota alive. However, this wall is a false wall and quite possibly has a trap set on it."

Zane
05-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Omirans chest rumbles as if releasing a sigh. "the longer we wait the worse the chances of finding your friend in good health."
"Thus why I said that we don't have time for this right now." Ashkore answers back to Omiran over his shoulder, not taking his eyes off Ryoku.

"Decide quickly," he says to the woman.

Valkier Silverwing
05-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Valkier looks around, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the idea that a trap might be several feet away from where is standing.

"Drats, where is that sneak of a halfling when you need him. Shaaaay(a long drawn out whisper) hey did you hear the man, check that wall if you would. I've lived this long and have no desire to become shish-kabob."

Zane
05-17-2008, 09:43 PM
((OOC: Wow - people are posting away this weekend, sweet. Now we just need Count and headeast to post soon...))

CountVander
05-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Ryoku looks to the speaker and shakes her head.

"This belt is a gift from my father before he passed on. It is all I know of him. It enables me to heal a minor amount of injuries everyday. Apparently He was very protective of me as a child. To get this from me would require my heart to stop beating. If you feel this is unacceptable, then I shall find my own way."

She stands and awaits a response.

The Wandering Bard
05-18-2008, 07:25 PM
"Um...a riddle of sorts, is the belt linked to your person? why would your heart stop beating if you handed it to Ashkore? hmm...now i know why my mother said I was as curious as a kender....anyways do you promise on the spirit of your father, that you mean us no harm? I would also like to point out at this time, that you might be able to take one of us down, but you are severily out numbered, out classed, and over-powered. to attack us, especially as allies, would be an increadibly stupid thing to do. you saw what happened to Cally."

CountVander
05-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Ryoku looks curiously to the last one to speak, then smiles.

"I am not here to fight, I am here to learn. I shall defend myself when necessary, but I have no intentions of battling anyone that does not strike first. My mother wants me to learn the ways of peace, and I shall do just that."

She bows and awaits for either a welcome or for them to show her the door.

headeast76
05-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Shay comes to the wall and looks it over tapping here and there feeling cracks and blowing away dust. Search check (1d20+13/13+13 = 26) If trapped shay will attempt to disarm it Disable device check (1d20+13/14+13 = 27) " Please get a safe distance away as I don't want you to get hurt if this should go bad. "

Anaesthesia
05-19-2008, 02:02 PM
There are a few clicks, then the wall swivles to reveal another hall behind it. The wall in the middle of this doorway, creating two doors on either side of it.

CountVander
05-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Ryoku's eyes light up at the revealing of the doors.

"Fascinating, to be able to move walls with your fingers like that. You must indeed be an able warrior with strength such as that."

She tilts her body forward to peer through the opening at the hall and the door ways.

The Wandering Bard
05-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Well Miss, it appears that we await your choice of doorways."

CountVander
05-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Ryoku turns her head and blushes at the Miss comment, assuming it was for her.

"Well, Mother always said she was right, so right it is...."

Anaesthesia
05-21-2008, 12:20 PM
The door leads to a short hallway, then stops. At the end of this hall is a menacing guard.

Valkier Silverwing
05-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Valkier steps forward and slightly behind the woman, his sparking tridents light glittering off of his sparkling scale mail.

"lay down your arms and live, resist and join the others in the cruel folds of the abyss."

intimidate roll

well this is the third time I've tried rolling, and no results.

1d20+2=16

Anaesthesia
05-21-2008, 05:53 PM
((Seems like I got it to work when I merged your posts, Valkier. *shrug* I was going to take the 16 anyway.))

The guard blinks. "I lay my arms for no man."

Zane
05-21-2008, 07:45 PM
((Seems like I got it to work when I merged your posts, Valkier. *shrug* I was going to take the 16 anyway.))

The guard blinks. "I lay my arms for no man."((OOC: Why do you even try? :p Let me show you how it's done...))

Ashkore looks at Kadion as the wall opens up. "She's your responsibility, you better hope you're right." Ashkore mutters a little more in harsh tongue as he pushes past Ryoku and Valkier to look over the guard.

Ashkore looks the man up and down slowly, measuring him bit by bit. As he finishes, Ashkore begins to smile - and looks straight into the guard's eyes. "You are the best Iellon can stick in our way? Even his drow disciple cowered before me - and now you think you have the ability to stand in my way?" Ashkore lets out a hearty laugh at the guard, just as Liani flies up the tunnel to land on Ashkore's shoulder, where she takes up growling at the guard.

"The priest of Bahumut offered you your life, and you refused. I offer you, and this will be the last offer, a single chance to redeem your soul to avoid the eternal pain and torment that comes when one is killed serving vile evil like Iellon. Surrender now, or suffer this fate forever." Ashkore speaks to the man, his voice remaining smooth, but yet powerful. Ashkore leaves his arm lowered, but yet holding onto his morningstar.

Intimidate check
((OOC: And I think I found Ashkore's intimidate speech. :D))

Anaesthesia
05-21-2008, 08:59 PM
The guard does not say anything. However, 4 pendulums as if on cue come crashing down, and start swinging. The first of which is about a foot away from Ashkore--they are swinging from wall to wall, opposed to swinging towards the group.

The Wandering Bard
05-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Kadion looks at the woman upon hearing Ashkore's words. "If you prove my trust wrong, you will fall by my hands, and I promise that if I am betrayed, I am not as nice as I am now. don't prove my trust wrong or I will follow you to the nine hells to correct my mistake." Kadions words are tainted with the taste of malice, having seen his judgement challenged in the form of the Paladin, and her mate. Cursing his stupidity under his breath for believing the lying snake of a woman (cally) the Bard moves up next to Ashkore, his glittering ruby arrow hissing and sputtering in the tunnel.

"Choose wisely, for if you choice the wrong path, It will be the beginings of a new journey for you. and As the others have promised you as well, The fiends of the hells are not as forgiving as I or him.(Jesturing to the menacing Ashkore, then to the looming form of Omiran)

The Wandering Bard
05-21-2008, 09:03 PM
(what the heck....you need to stop watching Indiana Jones... :P )

Anaesthesia
05-21-2008, 09:22 PM
(what the heck....you need to stop watching Indiana Jones... :P )

(Sorry, haven't watched Indiana Jones in years. ;) :redface: )

CountVander
05-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Ryoku looks to the members of the party with a curious expression. So much rage, so much hate, perhaps this was what it was like to lose your way. Ryoku intended not to become like them. She bows to the group and continues on, silently.
Looking upon the menacing guard figure, she tilts her head and blinks a moment.

"You seemed determined, is it your duty that drives you to believe this is a good act, or is it fear of your superior and his twisted ideologies that make you think this is a good act? What says your soul? Can you look within and find that which is right for you, and no one else?"

Zane
05-22-2008, 04:10 PM
The guard does not say anything. However, 4 pendulums as if on cue come crashing down, and start swinging. The first of which is about a foot away from Ashkore--they are swinging from wall to wall, opposed to swinging towards the group.
((OOC: Ok, I first imagined four curved axe blades on the end of wooden rods - but maybe that's not what you meant. Are they like that, or simply wooden pendulums, or what?))