PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

The Wandering Bard
10-27-2007, 01:17 AM
Alright every one, I hope you enjoy. Parts of this adventure will be sections from the book I am writting at the moment, I hope you enjoy.


{CHAPTER 1}

The sounds of the drums blasted towards the hastily assembled soldier, spread out into the sections The left flank consisted of most of the Town guard, and local militia, and supported by the lightly armored lances, and archers that were hired by the constable. The Center flank, was made up of the soldiers for hire, from the assortment of troops stood a large banner, with a field of stars, and a large golden dragon emblazed upon it, the command retinue standing at the center of the mass. The right flank was composed of soldiers clad in an array of armors, all carrying a spear, and a smaller weapon, most of the men carried swords, a few had axes, or maces. Some of the soldiers comprised of other races besides humans carried weapons they had learned to use in their childhood.
“We should be having da farmers fighten closer to da center ranks, they be vulnerable holding the left flank. Not a wise choice.” Grumbled a voice that held the likeness of rocks grading down a mountain side.
“Nay good Dwarf, they are best place to the left, scouts report that the horde is filling in from the right, you know as well as I that the more of the militia and guard, as well as the farmers we can keep alive the better our pay shall be in the end.” A melodious voice responded, its sing-song like quality muffled by the helmet the man wore, its likeness of a eagle, or as he had told the others brave enough to ask, like the crown of a phoenix a bird seen rarely, but was the basis for many a legend.
“Aye guess you be having a point thar. Be that why the others choose you as the captain, not heard o’ many companies with a command, most mercs, me heard of travel alone or in small companies and follow who ever be paying.”
“Maybe, I prefer to think its because I have the experience. But no need to argue, I think we have survived trials that would have broke most companies because of our structure.”
The Conversation was broken by a sharp voice, A man in forest colors, holding a Long bow made of Yew wood raises his hand in a gesture of respect to the two.
“Captain, scouts report that the horde will be entering the valley soon, the estimates on numbers are overwhelming, Hundreds sir, It might be best to pull out now, say those we can.”
“Nay Gaylin, we stay and fight, If we need to we can pull out, we have the village ready to move, and we have had a few days to prepare for this. We are outnumbered but we have the element of surprise, we shall see what happens.” The tall slender man replied looking at the ranger through his silver and gold helmet.
“We can take da bastards, dem green skinned sons of rock moss, be tasting their own blood this day.” With a roar the dwarf raises his axe in the air, its glittering blade catching the light. The roar was taken up by nearly all of the troops that we on the field.
“Ha, see it looks like the spirits are high, you were right Vordin, drinking a toast and enjoying the village, did much to raise the moral, I owe you that.”
“Aye, no thanks needed Captain, you be knowing I just be wanting the party for meself that be all, da others was just in the area.” The dwarf blushed in the praise, never taking compliments easily.
THUNK. Arrow slammed into the ground feet in front of the group, another quickly followed.
“They be here, sound da horn.” The gruff dwarf screamed, humor gone from his voice in an instant a look of joy, and anticipation on his bearded face.
The horns blasted calling the troops into formation at the base of the hills, where the army had chosen to make its stand. The flanks of troops filed in, spears were readied and bows strung and fitted. The sound of the drums in the distance growing louder with each passing moment. A noise that sounded like the gargling of a waterfall, soon accompanied the drum beat. It took those listening a few moments to realize that it was singing. The voices of what sounded like thousands of people singing, but in a language that only a few understood.
The armor man looked down to the dwarf at his side, once again marveling at the dwarfs strength. The dwarf was fitted in stone armor, it must have weighted an incredible amount but the man didn’t show any sign of exertion. The armor looked like granite, black streaked with gray and silver lines, its plates locked together by thick metal rings. The helmet was carved from the same material. It in itself weighed he guessed twenty pounds. The dwarf carried a large metal shield pained to look like the armor, and a sparkling battle axe, that as the Captain watched its head started to glow like a fire, its metal blade shining and than glowing fiery orange.
“Yep dem be goblins and the like, Meself would guess by da looks to be about a thousand strong.”
“can you understand this dialect? What are they saying?” asked the man in the silver armor.
“To the towns we go, heads gonna roll, Me axes bite, swim in blood tonight, we feast and play dem burn in da flame, to the towns we go tonight.” An eerie silence followed the dwarfs revelation “there singing, my guess be to keep a marching pace” In the distance the light of thousands of torches being lit, caused the horizon to seem as though the sky was ablaze.

The Man in the elegant Armor looks over the Assembled party there are ten people of various races gathered around the Commander.

I am Ves Commander of this assembly. I have been hired by the town to aid in the defense and protection of Netherdir. You have meet my second in command. Eurbreck, and I assure you that he is one of the best fighters here. Ah I see we have more Dwarves amoung our ranks greetings to you gentlemen. To my right are the towns leaders Liam and Casine. Liam is the head merchant, he has earned his many scars in battles along the trade routes. He will and Casine will be leading the towns militia and Guard. Casine is the Guard Captain he once served various military expeditions and is well versed in the arts of war.

Nathian is the man you see behind me, Though he is young he is one of the most experianced wizards in the ranks, he also is in charge of the arcane defenses. He is a Warmage his companion is Indihar one of the only leopards in the area I know personally that few things are as stealthy as that cat.

Kadion Bain (suprise ;) ) is our local bard, he has not been here long having recently joined us from Summerset Isle. He will be standing guard with us over the standards and assisting us where aid is needed. I doubt you will meet him here but where ever the bard goes, his ferret goes. Spherius is trouble incarnate, but good for a laugh.

Aesar is a cleric of Illion, He is readying the hospital but he should arrive soon, you can't miss him. unlike many priests I know Aesar love combat, his twin hammers dowl out his Gods wrath.

There are two others who have found there way here but we have them else where, we think them to young for this. Ibn and Emphe'i both are orphans that found their way to Kadion. They have traveled together for a while. Ibn is a cutpurse turning his talents else where know, and Emphe'i or Imp as we call her....well she has magical powers, Nathian has been working with her buthe can't understand her powers, Kadions powers are closer to her own.

I ask you to stand with me and protect the center line. The Goblinoids will strike the hardest here. If they press to hard we will fall back. our job is to hold the hordes back until the town can evacuate then we fall back.

Take a moment to get to know each other as you will soon be fighting for your live and the lives of those around you.

headeast76
10-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Hello fellow companions my name is Barravas Whistlethorn And as you can see i'm a dwarven warrior willing to bring the fight to whom so ever cares to engage my fury......

Riftwalker
10-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Seryl, standing to the left of Barravas, looks as though she feels obligated to introduce herself next, though her forced introduction betrays a more taciturn temperament. Her gaze shifts from downward to looking out at the group around her as she introduces herself.

Seryl: "Seryl Andar, a..."

A small breeze catches a few strands of her bright orange hair and the sun peeks out from behind a cloud. This seems to relax and embolden her.

Seryl: "A cleric of Ehlonna. Nice to meet all of you."

Anaesthesia
10-27-2007, 07:26 PM
"Nice to meet both of you, I am Ellyjobelle Woodsoul or more commonly known as Sparkle,one of the many bards and explorers from good Gnome Queen Azmara's court."

OOC:I had a question on this:

Aesar is a cleric of Illion Is there somewhere I can find something on this Illion? I can't find anything on WOTC (or on Wiki) on Illion--or am I missing something?

The Wandering Bard
10-28-2007, 01:12 AM
ha, good question. As I am writting the novel and I don't have permission to use WOTC gods I have created a few gods of my own. Illion is Helm the Watcher from Forgotten Realms. Illion is the God of Protection and defense. he watches over the mortals and guards Therivar or the Portal to the Plains of the Gods

Anaesthesia
10-28-2007, 11:07 AM
ha, good question. As I am writting the novel and I don't have permission to use WOTC gods I have created a few gods of my own. Illion is Helm the Watcher from Forgotten Realms. Illion is the God of Protection and defense. he watches over the mortals and guards Therivar or the Portal to the Plains of the Gods

Ok. I do recognize the name from somewhere. ;) Moving on..

The Wandering Bard
10-28-2007, 06:48 PM
The man in the shining armor nods as every one introduces themselves. Reaching up the man removes the helmet from his head and looks to the companions. Every one notes the mans pointed chin and pointed ears the moment the helmet clears the mans head. His emerald eyes glitter with a keen intelligence that would mirror the eyes of the hawk that his helmet resembled. Reaching up with a gauntleted hand the man strokes a the few strand of hair that had escaped from behind his ears, and brushes them back into place.

“As I have said, I am Ves Mercenary Captain of this Blazoned Dragons. I have also been hired to lead this rag-tag assortment of people in a strategic defense of this town. I am sorry if my men were a little rough when they came to summon you here. We have had several attempt to flee. Not that I would blame them. I have heard the estimates of what we face and I know we cannot win. But we must hold until the town is cleared of those who cannot fight. The Draft I have put in place was for the good of every one in the area. I ask you know as a commander and as A Paladin of Illion (Helm for you Anaestesia ;) ) will you stand with me or will you Flee into the night with the knowledge that you could have helped save the lives of others."

"Ye'll be paid for each of dem moss brained troll lovers that ye kills" The dwarf beside the Elven Paladin says, mirth evident in his voice.

The Wandering Bard
10-29-2007, 12:20 AM
As the group talks, a large band or Wargs and Goblin riders appear riding hard towards the center line. as the group turns to face them arrows fly from the flanks killing several of the riders and the wargs.

Initiative.
Worg1=19
goblin5=17
Sparkle=16
Seryl=16
worg2=15
goblin1=15
goblin3=8
Barravas=6
Goblin8=4

The Wandering Bard
10-29-2007, 12:24 AM
The wargs and goblins are 60ft away. from the center line.

Warg1 moves 60ft. than attacks sparkle.

Attack 1 misses.

Goblin5 moves 40ft. towards Seryl

Riftwalker
10-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Seryl readies her bow and fires at Goblin5, and then takes a 5-foot step backwards.

(Attack bonus = 5, Damage = 1d8 + 1)

Anaesthesia
10-29-2007, 09:22 AM
DM-do I have pipes of sewers or of Haunting? I can't check my sheet until I get home. If I have either--I would like to use it. Or just do inspire courage.

headeast76
10-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Which Goblin5 are you shooting at? In the above info there is Goblin1,Goblin3 and two goblin5's ?

Riftwalker
10-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Which Goblin5 are you shooting at? In the above info there is Goblin1,Goblin3 and two goblin5's ?

OOC: The one that's running at me! ("It's coming right for us!")

The Wandering Bard
10-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Ha, sorry my bad, I changed the number of the last goblin. Yes Seryl Go ahead and roll the attack with your modifier, and roll the damage. I will take your word on the rolls

Also I got your message. All players will be responsible for their characters spells, and uses per day. I trust each of you so I should not have a problem.


Sparkle has the Pipes of the sewers. She will need to roll a 1d3 to determine the number of swarms are summoned. or use a 1d6 and 1-2 are one swarm, 3-4 is two swarms, 5-6 are three swarms.

Also you will need to roll a perform roll (DC 10) and continue playing as long as the swarms are summoned.

The Wandering Bard
10-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Mursharr would you be so kind as to roll a listen, and spot check please?

Riftwalker
10-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Attack roll: d20 + 5 = 14 + 5 = 19
Damage roll: d8 + 1 = 1 + 1 = 2

Zane
10-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Mursharr would you be so kind as to roll a listen, and spot check please?
((Absolutely, I was waiting to for a response to the last PM. :-P ))

Listen: (d20=11)+2 = 13
Spot: (d20=18)+2 = 20

The Wandering Bard
10-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Mursharr you hear voices in the distance, and you judge that they are about 500ft. away from your current position and to the northeast.

While you gaze around searching for the source of the voices you see a great many small humanoid shapes, the are hunched over and heading towards the voices as well. They are trying to stay hidden but are doing a poor job of it. you also judge that you can reach the voices before they can.

If you wish to try to remain hidden please roll a hide check and add +5 for being in light forest cover.


everyone else we are waiting for Sparkles rolls before we continue on your front.

Anaesthesia
10-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Sparkle has the Pipes of the sewers. She will need to roll a 1d3 to determine the number of swarms are summoned. or use a 1d6 and 1-2 are one swarm, 3-4 is two swarms, 5-6 are three swarms.

Also you will need to roll a perform roll (DC 10) and continue playing as long as the swarms are summoned.

Ok. # of swarms roll, result is 3 swarms. Perform roll-18.

Zane
10-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Knowledge (nature) for type of humanoids from what I can see: (d20=10)+8 = 18

Mursharr wonders about the two groups for a split second before grabbing his gear and taking off running. He slowly, but steadily, heads towards the voices, but trying to keep in the underbrush and hidden from sight somewhat from the small humanoids that appear to be sneaking up on the vocal group. Once he gets in front of the small humanoids, he will forget his cover and just run, expecting that they won't be able to catch up.

Move half speed while hiding, hide check: (d20=18)+11+5 = 34

The Wandering Bard
10-30-2007, 12:59 AM
COMPANIONS

A shrill whistling echos in the air as the Small Gnome plays her pipes. After several verses, a thin layer of fog begins to pour from the the tubes that form the pipes. As the fog settles dozens of rats are seen squirming towards the rushing goblins and worgs.

The Three swarms rush towards the Goblins and Worgs.

Seryl notes the Rushing Goblin and fires An arrow. the arrow flow forward into the Goblins chest, dropping the creature in mid stride.

Mursharr you recognize the creatures as Goblins. there are a few Hobgoblins in the band as well, they appear to be leading the goblins forward.

You will be in the clearing by the voices next round. the goblins will be another round behind you.

The Wandering Bard
10-30-2007, 01:24 AM
Enemy Phase

The Goblin rush is broken by the appearance of the rat swarms.

The worg (worg2) runs around the swarms and attacks Barravas

attack1 5+7=12
damage 1d6+4=6

The warg slams into the dwarf, its jaw working furiously trying to catch a hold on the dwarf. It grawls in anger as the Dwarfs armor prevents any damage.

As the warg attacks the dwarf, two other goblins rush towards the party but stop to beat off the rats swarming towards them.

Goblin1
attack roll 7+1=8
damage 1d6=2 Missed attack

Goblin3
attack roll 13+1=14
damage 1d6=5 swarm 1 takes 5 damage.


Dwarfs Turn!! its time for you to make friends with the worg!

headeast76
10-30-2007, 08:17 AM
Standing on the battlefield with his greataxe readied, Barravas takes the assult in stride he drops his shield (free action) and lets out a roar swinging his axe he pictures the blade biting deep and his foes dying....Attk (1d20+5=21) Dmg (1D12+6=14) Filthy Dogs!!!!

The Wandering Bard
10-30-2007, 11:51 AM
The dwarf's swong buries the ax deep in the worgs shoulder. With a howl the creature jumps back, blood flowing freely from its shoulder.

Watching his companions makeing headway against the swarm the small mold colored goblin(8) looks from the swarms to the companions. with a grin the goblin flings his Javalin at the Gnomish Bard.

Attack 12+3=15
damage 1d6-1=1

the javalin flys towards the small bard. the blade cutting a gash across the bards leg.

Sparkle you take 1 damage.

The Wandering Bard
10-30-2007, 11:53 AM
I will write a turn summary when I get back from work.

Anaesthesia
10-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Ok. ;) Should I roll a concentration check to continue playing?

The Wandering Bard
10-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Summery
During the introductions a small band of Goblins and their Worg mounts rush the center line. The Goblins were caught by suprise when the small Gnome summoned several swarms of crazed rodents. the Rats swarms charged the first two goblins over the slight rise. the Two goblins stopped their rush and attempt to keep the rodents at bay.

Seryl reacts quickly firing an arrow from her bow. Though the Arrow lacked the power it still managed to drop one of the Goblins.

One of the Wargs managed to run past the swarms and attacks The dwarven warrior. After failing to pass the armor the dwarf wore, the dwarf swung his battle axe burying it deep in the worgs shoulder. the Worg stepped back preparing to attack again.

On the Western flank Mursharr hears human voice in the distance, as well as note the presence of a large band of goblinoids. Running the Scout makes for the clearing where the voices are coming from. He will reach the edge of the clearing in another turn.

THe goblins charge is broken with the apearance of the swarms of rats. the swarms overrun one of the goblins leaving one goblin fighting the rats off. To the left of the center flank and one of the worgs rushes at the priestess. As one of the worgs charges the Dwarf. the Last goblin is readying another javalin and looking for his new target.

The Wandering Bard
10-30-2007, 08:28 PM
sparkle=22
Barravas=18
Worg1=17
goblin8=13
goblin3=7
Seryl=5
worg2=5

Sparkle, yes, due to the fact that you received damage you will need concentration roll. (DC10) If you make anyother action other that continue to play the swarms will unsummoned.

Mursharr, the goblins hear you running towards the voices and begin to move faster they will be at the voices in two turns.

Riftwalker
10-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Summery
THe goblins charge is broken with the apearance of the swarms of rats. the swarms overrun one of the goblins leaving one goblin fighting the rats off. To the left of the center flank and one of the worgs rushes at the priestess. As one of the worgs charges the Dwarf, an arrow from the priestess. the last goblin is readying another javalin and looking for his new target.


OOC: I'm confused. Who is the priestess? Did a worg just charge at Seryl?
If so, how far away is it?

The Wandering Bard
10-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Ok, Seryl you are the priestess which is another title for a female cleric. I did not mean to confuse you. Also yes a worg(2) is charging your character and will be in combat with your character on its next turn. lucky for you it rolled badly in initiative.

Riftwalker
10-31-2007, 11:28 AM
Seryl casts Barkskin on herself and readies her dagger.

________________________________________________
Current Buffs: Barkskin (30 minutes remaining), +2 Natural Armor bonus.
Modified Stats: AC = 17, Touch = 12, Flat-footed = 16

Zane
10-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Mursharr runs quickly to the voices he heard and with a glance, is pleased that he made the right decision. As he gets near the gathering of voices, those in the area (presumably at least), take notice of the stranger coming in from the fields. Realizing that these individuals might think he is an enemy, Mursharr holds up his left hand with the palm open. A quick glance tells few details about this individual; however, he is on the shorter side - just over 4 1/2 feet tall - but not really built like a dwarf would be. As he moves, his dark forest green cloak moves aside enough to note the studded leathers beneath it, but the cowl remains drawn forward, hiding his face. And even his hands, the right one of which currently holds a shortbow, but no arrow, are covered in tight gloves.

"No hurt, Mursharr friend," he says. His voice is decidedly masculine, but still rather soft. "More, goblins and hobs behind Mursharr," he warns everyone, before turning himself to face the direction he came, his shortbow raising up.

The Wandering Bard
10-31-2007, 06:47 PM
The soldiers spin on there heels, caught off guard by the sudden appearance of the straange and short man.

"There are Goblins and Hobs behind you? how do you know?" one of the men in a white Tabard with a green stags head on the chest.

"Listen, I can hear them now.....the...that guy is right. there behind him. Ready the arrows. Spearmen and lancers take front sheild the bowmen."

"you stranger, seems you have little choice, stand with us or die."

OOC: the Goblins will be in the clearing where Your at on the next round, you still have 50 ft. to go to reach the line of militia.

Anaesthesia
11-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Concentration check: 21=1d20+6 :D

But really, can someone that's more adept at fighting get in front of me?

The Wandering Bard
11-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Sparkle you easily manage to ignore the pain, and the rat swarms remain on the material plane.

(We just waiting for Barravas to continue.)

Riftwalker
11-01-2007, 11:22 AM
OOC: A small request: can we get a quick sketch of where everyone is at this point during the turn summary? It wouldn't have to be every turn summary, but I'm having a difficult time keeping track of everyone's distance/orientation from everyone else.

The Wandering Bard
11-01-2007, 11:55 PM
No Problem.

Terrain= The City with the ten foot walls is one half mile behind the hastily assembled army. the ground it self is slopeing down for that half mile. the army is assembled on a small peice of flat land, the flat area is 1/4 a mile wide and 800 ft. deep. the army is assembled at the base of the hill at around the 750ft. deep mark.

the army is in wing formation, which looks like a C. the center is of course in the center. The southern flank which is mainly composed of professional soldiers, and town Guard. the Northern Flank, (the One Mursharr has just encountered.) Is composed of a few mounted warriors, Town Guards, and the Militia.

the Wings each hold roughly 125 warriors. the center holds about 100 people. The center holds the command retinue, and of course the rest of the companions.

As the battle begins, the companions battle the goblins and worgs, the battle rages around the companions as well, as the center battles the many goblins that accompanied the ones fighting the companions.

The companions are fighting within 15ft. of each other, and in a triangle formation, ( > ) Seryl is in the top corner, Barravas stepped out to face the first worg, in the center, And Sparkle is in the bottom corner. the Rat swarms are out front battling the now long goblin. Barravas is battling his worg(1) and Seryl is preparing to battle Worg(2) which is 40ft. in front of her. the last goblin (Javalin armed) is 25ft. in front of each Sparkle.


The Northern flank by Mursharr is now spearmen, and lancers forming a three man deep wall of mail and spears. the archers and crossbowmen are behind them with there ranged weapons ready. Mursharr is 50ft. in front of them, at the edge of the forest which rings the flat area.

Beyond the flat area, are thick woods. the woods are much thinner the further out one goes. the Forest is on very hilly, if one looks hard you can see the shapes of hundereds of goblinoids and larger shapes moving through the thinner woods.

( I hope this helps, I am trying to find out how to post a picture on the post. I have great pictures but need to post them. )

We are waiting for Barravas's actions. before we continue

Zane
11-02-2007, 01:14 AM
The Northern flank by Mursharr is now spearmen, and lancers forming a three man deep wall of mail and spears. the archers and crossbowmen are behind them with there ranged weapons ready. Mursharr is 50ft. in front of them, at the edge of the forest which rings the flat area.

( I hope this helps, I am trying to find out how to post a picture on the post. I have great pictures but need to post them. )
((OOC: If you sign up for a website like photobucket (http://photobucket.com/) or webshots (http://www.webshots.com/), you can upload your pics to their server, and then click the "Insert Image" button above where you type replies and put in the URL to the image.))

So, the three man deep wall of mail and spears before Mursharr would be a wall about what, 15 feet deep, 6 feet high? And how wide?

headeast76
11-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Barravas smiles as the worg screams and takes a 5 foot step twards the beast swinging his great axe with what appears to be glee in his eyes (1D20+5=23) Dmg(1D12+6=16)

The Wandering Bard
11-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Barravas's swing slams into the Lupine Creature nearly cleaving the beast in half.

Mursharr the formation would be 25 men wide or roughly 100ft. wide. there are three rows each with 25 men the archers and Crossbowmen are behind them on a slight rise at the base of the hill.

The Wandering Bard
11-02-2007, 09:24 AM
sparkle=22
Barravas=18
Worg1=17
goblin8=13
goblin3=7
Seryl=5
worg2=5


With the final axe swing the Worg(1) goes down in a heap.

As the battle continues the goblin(8) with the morning start continues battling the rat swarm.

Attack 1d20+1=13
Damage 1d8+1=4

With a squeek several more of the tiny vermin die. behind the embattled goblin with the morningstar, the goblin armed with the Javalin readies his second javalin for another throw at the bard.

attack 1d20+3=13

the poorly crafted weapon, barely more than a sharpened stick soars past the diminuative bard.

with an evil gleen in its eye the last worg(2) charges in to battle the cleric of Ehloona.

attack 1d20+6=17

with a howl of frustration the worg backs off 5ft. and paces looking for an opening in the clerics strenghtened defenses.


(Well looks like every one made it out of this round free of damage, Seryl that was a smart choice with the barkskin, it was just enough to prevent damage from the worg.)

headeast76
11-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Barravas Observes his surroundings in a glance to asertain the threat level and sees the second Worg, Shouting a war charge to let the cleric know the worg is coming (both free actions) then if not threatened he will attack Worg2
(1d20+9
9+9 = 18 Attk) (Dmg 1d12+6
3+6 = 9)


OOPS:Sorry I thought I was before sparkle this happenes after whatever Sparkle does on his turn

The Wandering Bard
11-05-2007, 07:50 PM
OOC: headeast, don't worry about it. That chart at the top was last turns init. roll so that every one could see the turn order for the rest of that combat sequence. the next turn is starting now.


TURN 3

Seryl=14
Goblin3=10
Barravas=9
Worg2=7
Sparkle=6

Fsuphilosophy09
11-05-2007, 09:37 PM
OK before i join the fray i would like to make some prior moves to set my character up i would like to sleight of hand my six daggers prior to entering the whole mess {OOC}(should i roll that seeing as to how i would have done this well in advanced {im always ready to go hehhe}) i have 2 daggers hidden in my sleeves, 1 in each boot and the last two are hidden in my waist band behind my back....


I take my first combat action and move 5 feet just around Seryl so i dont give any possiblity of my dagger impacting friendlies, I shout loudly "I am here to help introductions can occur later!!!" I immediately sleight my sleeve daggers (i rolled an 11 on my d20 plus my 12 attribute points makes it 23) i immediately toss the first dagger right at the worg about to attack Seryl.....

attack roll i rolled 18 +4 {OOC}(dex as i am using a light weapon and i have weapon finesse) +2 my base attack bonus that makes 24 do i hit? if so please roll my damage Wandering... {OOC}(if anything is wrong in this post im sure you will fix it Wandering)

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/Greys/misc/progress.gif

Zane
11-05-2007, 09:47 PM
The Northern flank by Mursharr is now spearmen, and lancers forming a three man deep wall of mail and spears. Mursharr is 50ft. in front of them, at the edge of the forest which rings the flat area.
the next turn is starting now.
((OOC: Ok, here we go. Let's see if this pays off.))

Mursharr realizes how far away he is from the infantry, and how it's not a place for him. So, he turns away from the advancing hobs and gobs and runs toward the Northern Flank, ignoring the wide eyes he likely receives from a few of them. When he is about 3/4 of the way to them, he launches himself into the air, leaping over the ranks of soldiers to get to the relative safety behind them.

((Now, let's see if that worked before I go too far. :D Jump check: (d20=14) + 20 = 34))

Fsuphilosophy09
11-05-2007, 09:52 PM
{{OOC the man is darn close to being a ringling brothers acrobat}}:eek::D

The Wandering Bard
11-05-2007, 09:55 PM
You hit. And it buries deep

Damage=1d4+4=6 ( I have to check but I think you get a dex bonus to the damage when using Weapon finese.)

The Wandering Bard
11-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Wow, that was a great mental picture. Ha THe summery for this round will be rather entertaining. Nice roll.

Mursharr flies over the massed ranks of troops landing safely at the foot of the rise. The archers and bowmen back away stunned at the suddenly up close stranger. Seeing you as no threat they resume there positions.

Mursharr you turn around just in time to see a large number of Goblins and Hobgoblins burst into the clearing. They pause realizing that they don't have the suprise advantage any more.

As they stop they form ranks, and you realize for the first time that this is not just a raiding party, this is an organized group. You still don't know whats goin on but you don't like the looks of it.

"You.. Mursharr, decide were you figth small one it appears the battle is upon us."
the speaker is a huge bear of a man, a think bristeling beard showing under his full helmet. The man is about 30ft. to your right and is mounted on a large Red roan. the Horse paws the ground like it is eager to join in combat.

headeast76
11-05-2007, 10:18 PM
You hit. And it buries deep

Damage=1d4+4=6 ( I have to check but I think you get a dex bonus to the damage when using Weapon finese.)


OOC: I don't think you do get a bonus for dmg just attk rolls:(

Fsuphilosophy09
11-05-2007, 10:27 PM
OOC: I don't think you do get a bonus for dmg just attk rolls:(

{{OOC sooth has been spoken but bonus are welcome at the GM's discretion ill calmly wait my next turn youll like this one

Im assuming the worg did not die since u made no mention of a death am i correct in thinking this?}}

Riftwalker
11-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Seryl attacks the worg in front of her with her dagger, and takes a few steps backwards:

To Hit: 1d20 + 2 = 20 + 2 = 22
To Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 2 = 17 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d4 = 1
Damage if Critical = Damage x2 = 2

OOC: Holy crap. I swear I'm not fudging the rolls. :) Funny thing is the critical hit doubles the damage of 1. :-/

Zane
11-06-2007, 10:15 AM
"You.. Mursharr, decide were you figth small one it appears the battle is upon us." the speaker is a huge bear of a man, a think bristeling beard showing under his full helmet. The man is about 30ft. to your right and is mounted on a large Red roan. the Horse paws the ground like it is eager to join in combat.
Mursharr lifts his head a little to see the speaker, the cowl of his cloak still hiding his face from easy view. Mursharr turns back to look at the incoming group, "Mursharr help. Mursharr run and shoot best," he replies.

((OOC: No, this is not my action for the next round, I just thought it deserved a reply. ;)))

The Wandering Bard
11-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Jose=Suprise Round
Seryl=14
Goblin3=10
Barravas=9
Worg2=7
Sparkle=6

A small dagger flies past the cleric, and pierces the vulpine creatures side. the Suprise of the attack allowing the man to catch the worg vulneralbly. doing extra damage. (I added sneak attack damage. thus the +4 extra damage. I added the sneak attack damage because of the creature was not focused on Jose and the fact that the man appeared from now where.)

Seryl's dagger slashes across the Worgs throat, the beast falls back slightly but to the clerics dismay, the wound while well aimed proved shallow.

with a howl the small goblin grasps his shortsword and rushes Barravas.

Attack 2+1=3
The goblin swings his crude blade, but the weight of the weapon and the clumsy swing nearly pulls the small creature from his feet. The blade missing the Dwarf, the only luck the goblin had was that he did not impale himself on his own blade.

Mursharr: the knight nods his acceptance to your reply. "well good luck than, I will do what I can to keep them away from you, May the gods guide your arrows."

As you look back over the field you see the goblins rushing. the first wave slams into the sheild wall of the spearmen, the bodies of the goblins crumple and fall pierced by the steel points of the spears and lances.

the Mounted troops around you start to move, swinging around to face the rushing horde of Hobgoblins. The force seems to have split, the Goblins facing the spearmen and archers, while the better trained,and armed hobgoblins charge to meet the cavalry. as the figth begins you note the Armored man staying close. he battles two hobgoblins. but several more are approuching and one is rushing you. It is 30 ft. away.




http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/Greys/misc/progress.gif

The Wandering Bard
11-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Musharr-Western Flank Battle

Casine=17
Hobgoblin(1)=14
Mursharr=14
Hobgoblin(2)=9
Hobgoblin(3)=7 (rushing past the knight, towards Mursharr.)


As Combat errupts all around the Casine, the Mounted Knight that Mursharr had been talking to, moves to intercept two hobgoblins armed with scimitars that were moving on the Scout. As he nears the two rust colored goblinoids, the man spurs his horse into a charge quickly covering the short distance. as he nears the creatures he lowers his thick longspear.

Attack 1 20(Crit)+6=26 (against Hobgoblin(1)
Damage 1d8(x2)+6=15

The long spear slams into the creature, carrying the thing off its feet. The creature struggling futily to pull the weapon from its chest. WIth a strong pull the spear pulls out of the things chest leaving the dieing thing screeching out its last curses.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-06-2007, 11:15 AM
{{OOC gotta love magical apparition of characters mid battle j.k :D}}

The Wandering Bard
11-06-2007, 11:50 AM
haha, well aren't we a funny one. should have played a bard. ;)


just to clarify. Jose didn't just warp into the game, his coming was unnoticed by all particiapants.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-06-2007, 12:09 PM
haha, well aren't we a funny one. should have played a bard. ;)


just to clarify. Jose didn't just warp into the game, his coming was unnoticed by all particiapants.


{{OOC heheh i knew you would have some quip about this}}

Zane
11-06-2007, 04:46 PM
the Mounted troops around you start to move, swinging around to face the rushing horde of Hobgoblins. The force seems to have split, the Goblins facing the spearmen and archers, while the better trained,and armed hobgoblins charge to meet the cavalry. as the figth begins you note the Armored man staying close. he battles two hobgoblins. but several more are approuching and one is rushing you. It is 30 ft. away.

Musharr-Western Flank Battle

Hobgoblin(3)=7 (rushing past the knight, towards Mursharr.)((Ok, so if I understand the scenario right...))

Mursharr sees the hobgoblin coming in that is trying to avoid the knight and the scout brings his bow up, with an arrow knocked in it. Mursharr fires an arrow off at the incoming hobgoblin before retreating back to give himself more room until the hobgoblin can catch him.

Arrow skirmish attack: (d20=12)+8 = 20, for (1d6=4)+1+(1d6=2) = 7 total damage.
Moving 35 feet back (if possible), skirmish AC for this round: 21.

Anaesthesia
11-06-2007, 06:23 PM
haha, well aren't we a funny one. should have played a bard. ;)

Yes, you got one. ;) BTW how are the swarms doing??? Once my pipes of sewers run out, I'd like to switch to regular pipes and do inspire courage +1.

The Wandering Bard
11-07-2007, 06:17 AM
BTW how are the swarms doing??? Once my pipes of sewers run out, I'd like to switch to regular pipes and do inspire courage +1.[/quote]

Your swarms have managed to kill off two of the attacking goblins. They have most of there hitpoints left. they will be around for a few more rounds (I have to check the DMG) you can switch over any time you would like. to your other pipes.


Mursharr your arrow makes it piercing the Hobs armor for the 7 damage.

The Wandering Bard
11-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Jose=Suprise Round
Seryl=14
Goblin3=10
Barravas=9
Worg2=7
Sparkle=6

Barravas does 9 damage to the worg with his axe.

Worg(2) attacks the armored cleric.
attack roll 13+6=19
damage 1d6+1=3

Seryl you take 3 damage for the worg.

we are waiting on sparkle. Do you want to continue playing the pipes, or switch over to your othre pipes?


Western Flank

Casine=17
Mursharr=14
Hobgoblin(2)=9
Hobgoblin(3)=7 (rushing past the knight, towards Mursharr.)

Hobgoblin(2) attacks the knight
attack 16+5=21
damage=1d8+2=4

Cursing the knight grabs the wound in his leg. "You'll pay for that toad spawn."

With a laugh, the hobgoblin(3) rushes towards Mursharr. As it moves forward it draws a dagger from its sheath. after its movement it is 10ft. away from Mursharr. (thank the heavier armor and your move backwards, if you hadn't moved you would have been in combat.)

Anaesthesia
11-07-2007, 06:25 PM
The other pipes.

Zane
11-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Western Flank

With a laugh, the hobgoblin(3) rushes towards Mursharr. As it moves forward it draws a dagger from its sheath. after its movement it is 10ft. away from Mursharr. (thank the heavier armor and your move backwards, if you hadn't moved you would have been in combat.)
Mursharr sees the hobgoblin coming after him and reverses direction to throw the hobgoblin off guard. Mursharr moves straight at the hobgoblin, using a hop and a roll to bypass the hobgoblin ((Tumble to avoid AoOs: (1d20-10)+13 = 23)) and move on past the confused beast. After a few seconds, Mursharr spins around again, and fires another arrow at the hobgoblin. ((move 30 feet beyond hobgoblin, attack: (d20=17)+8 = 25 for (d6=4)+1+(d6=3) = 8 damage, my AC still 21))

Fsuphilosophy09
11-08-2007, 10:51 AM
((ooc does this begin a new round??))

The Wandering Bard
11-08-2007, 07:44 PM
OOC: Sorry my job has kept me busy

The Rat swarms over run the last Worg finishing. Moments later the rat swarm disappears. As the small Gnome begins to play a lively song on a nicely crafted set of pipes. The battle seems to have slowed down. As the companions look about they note scores of goblinoid bodies littering the field. Here and there a human body can be seen among the dead.
Barravas notes the approach of hundreds of goblins approaching.

“Well done lads…And Ladies.” a nod of apology to the ladies present. “I thank you for helping in the defense. We managed to hold off most of the other raiders while you held the center."

Guff….a loud suction sound quickly a loud popping noise. “I am the voice of Gorthak Durklar, lord of the east, conqueror of the west, supreme lord of the mountains, thane of Goldnok canyon. Lord of Durklar lairs. Marshall of the high hills, and King of the Dusk Swamps. He how commands this horde, consort to the Frost Queen Volthot. And general of this army. I stand here as his voice and I speak with his authority. I command you as your ruler, lay down your arms. And pledge your allegiance me. You have no hope of defeating my army. If you resist you will be killed. Your families as well, My troops shall satisfy themselves through any means they deem will please them.” as he says this he looks at the cleric and the bard, his eyes twinkling hungrily. “You will obey my commands, and follow my orders. My men will give your commander time to consider my offer. Take this gem, and crush it in your hand. You will know when to reply. You have a limited time. I will send no more of my army until I hear your answer.”

With a popping noise the Goblin disappears. after he does, the commander looks to the party. "Well, It looks like I have been given a choice, I know my answer but I need to know yours, You are free to join the horde, I will not hold that against you."


The western front.
Mursharr=13
Hobgoblin(3)=10
Hobgoblin(2)=5
Casine=3

Mursharr’s arrow slams into the hobgoblin the point of the arrow bursting through the rust colored creatures chest. When it spins around, gnashing its teeth, Blood pours from its mouth. To your amazement the creature stays on its feet. The scimitar and dagger still in hand.
Hobgoblin(3) attacks Mursharr
Attack=14+5=19
Attack 2=9-1=8 Swinging the heavy blade and the small dagger, the goblinoid curses as the Scouts speed carries it just out of reach, time and time again.

Envigorated from his successful attack the Hobgoblin furiously swings at the knight.
Hobgoblin(2) attack=10+5=15 the sword rings off of the armor, it doing no more harm than scratching the metal plating.

Casine grunts from the impact of the hobgoblins sword, and from the pain of his new injury.
Attack=12+8=20
Damage=1d8+3=6

Round 3
Casine=12
Mursharr=8
Hobgoblin(3)=7
Hobgoblin(2)=4

Zane
11-08-2007, 10:10 PM
The western front.
Hobgoblin(3) attacks Mursharr
Attack=14+5=19
Attack 2=9-1=8
((OOC: Not that it mattered, but I passed by the hobgoblin, avoiding any AoO with the tumble skill, and moved 30 feet away before firing an arrow off. Thus, how could he get to me and two attacks off? Just want to spell it out because I think I didn't explain it well enough the first time, I'll try to do better in the future. :)))

Mursharr dodges the first attack, moving in a way that the second doesn't even come close to him. He then moves away from the hobgoblin, continuing to twist and turn to keep the hobgoblin from landing any lucky blows as he moves away. ((Tumble to avoid AOO: (d20=4)+13 = 17 Whew, close...))

Mursharr once again moves 30 feet from the hobgoblin, keeping him in the sights of his bow. Once pleased with the range, he fires another arrow at the creature that doesn't seem to want to die. ((Attack: (d20=10)+8 = 18 for (d6=1)+1+(d6=3) = 5 damage.))

Fsuphilosophy09
11-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Seth retrieves his daggers from the bodies and immediately looks at the captain "Aye good sir thank ye for offering us the ability to choose but no matter what threats are made at me i only follow one person and thats meself if this dolt wishes to conquer my homelands then he will have to go through us first!!!" Seth immediately raises both arms Daggers held high and cheers.

Seth then takes 20 (+12 modifiers for atrib and ranks) on Slighting all of his daggers back into position and then begins searching for any items of value on the bodies scattered in the immediate area (taking 20 on it plus my 2 point modifier).

ooc {sorry for so much action but this is what seth will do until we decided to move out or while the other characters decide their fate}

headeast76
11-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Barravas says nothing as he surveys the battlefield. He walks away from everybody and retrieves his shield. Upon returning from this task he looks to the rest of the people around him and says..."I know that for as long as I've been alive there hasn't been a dwarf one who would lay down his arms in the face of becoming slaves and I'll not be breaking this back of mine doing anything other than what I decide to do and right now thats killing me some of those yellow skinned bastard lapdogs of his!!!!!!!....

Riftwalker
11-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Seryl closes her eyes for a moment and takes a deep breath. "I'll stay," she says.

She sheathes her dagger and gazes around at her companions, determining they are healthy enough to not require healing. With a slight creak in her bark-like skin*, she pulls out her longbow.


OOC: * = (from the barkskin spell that's still active)

The Wandering Bard
11-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Mursharr, You avoided the AoO, the two attacks were from the hobgoblins attacks, it moved into range and attacked with a scimitar and dagger, he was fighting with two weapons.

The scouts arrow hits the Hobgoblin, the force plus the creatures weakened state forces the creature back a step. It looks down at the third arrow sticking out of its chest. with a grunt it collapses on the ground.

The Hobgoblins and Goblins that rushed the flank are falling back, the human troops are regrouping. As the scout looks about, he sees dozens of goblinoid bodies. only a few human bodies are seen in the mix.

"Well done, I thank you for your assistance. your warning has proved invaluable. we can hold this flank now. I need some one to take word to the Commander of the Brazen Dragons, he is the leader of the mercanaires that are holding this army together. He is an elf that answers to the name of Ves, he is likely holding the center with his companions. He wears a pheonix helmet. you can't miss him. Take this amulet it will prove that I have sent you." the grizzled old knight thumps his gauntleted hand across his chest in a warriors salute. "Tell the Ves what happened here, and her take these, I don't need them." The knight hands Mursharr a quiver of arrows twenty in all. they are of excellent quality (masterwork.)

Center

A smile crosses the elven generals face. "Ha, well said sir dwarf, I agree with you. and you Seth well said as well. Ladies I do not wish to drag you into my problem you are free to leave or join with the goblins,though I saw the luck on the things face, I fear the jobs you will be assigned. how do you stand?"

"Ar, well said. The Dwarf be right, no kin o' Mine would flee from those wart ridden Sons of Toads. It be good to have some Dwarven sense round here, to much elven thinking makin me brain hurt. Ha" The Second, laughs sharing a knowing look with Barravas.

Seth you find
34g....54cp....5s....3plat.
on the body of the worg that attacked Barravas,you find a crude neckless. as crude as it is, there is something about it that keeps your attention.

Zane
11-09-2007, 11:48 AM
attacked with a scimitar and dagger, he was fighting with two weapons.((OOC: Doh! I guess I need to read a little slower. :o Gotcha.))

Mursharr looks around for others attackers as his hobgoblin falls, and seeing none he relaxes a little. As he is spoken to, he nods in agreement to do this task. "Mursharr will tell. Mursharr thanks you," he says, indicating the gift of arrows. Mursharr stows away his bow and quiver, opting to keep the newest ones available for now. He keeps the amulet in his hand for easy access. He turns to leave, but the returns to the hobgoblin that he killed and does a quick search of the body. ((Search: (d20=9)+8 = 17))

Fsuphilosophy09
11-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Seth pockets all the coins and the necklace (ooc i intend to divide it amongst the pc's but when i introduce myself perhaps at the local inn or in a shop somewhere later)

Seth walks casually back up to Ves and whispers in elven, "i have found a crude necklace among the goblinoids can you or do you know someone who can identify it perhaps it will give us a clue as to the magical power of this warlock...."

The Wandering Bard
11-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Mursharr you find 32cp. and 12g. on the Hobgoblins body, as well as 2 of your 3 arrows can be salvaged.


CENTER

The elven commander reaches out his hand taking the necklace from Seth's hand. Well we seem to have a minute, we should have the bards, and our Warmagus see what they can make of it.

Sparkle could you please roll a bardic knowledge, as well as a knowledge local, and noble if you have them?

Anaesthesia
11-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Bardic Knowledge: 17
Explorer Lore: 21
Knowledge (History): 13

(don't have ranks in local or noble knowledges yet)

The Wandering Bard
11-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Mursharr, you notice that there is a small peice of amber in the pommel of the scimitar. You can attempt to pry it out with a str. check of DC10, or take it with you and attempt it later.

Sparkle looks at the necklace. She notes the carvings and markings on the jewelry. It is goblin make. and it allows the bearer to cast magic fang once per day. This can be used to enhance unarmed combat or natural weapons. it can be worn by a person or fastened around an animal for the same effect.

the necklace was crafted by a goblin druid. the necklace also bears the name, Uthak which you deduce is the crafter. You know that Uthak is known as the Eye of Grimash (will check spelling) the Eye is a prophet thought to have lived in the west, he is the voice of the Orc God, Grimash. He is known as a powerful warrior as well as known to call on his god for aid. He is a powerful entity but not a leader, he is a voice. this means that some one else is leading the Goblinoid army.

You have heard from fellow Exploreres that Ulthak means "of one eye." but you don't know its meaning at this time. but you do know that he was rumored to have consorted in many plans with the Dragon Yethaginsta or "The Nightbearer." Yethanginsta is thought to be a black dragon of great power, many say he died when Ulthak betrayed the dragons lair to the Drow in exchange for his life. but this is just speculation.

(We will wait for Mursharr to join the group, before moving on.)

Zane
11-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Mursharr you find 32cp. and 12g. on the Hobgoblins body, as well as 2 of your 3 arrows can be salvaged.
Mursharr, you notice that there is a small peice of amber in the pommel of the scimitar. You can attempt to pry it out with a str. check of DC10, or take it with you and attempt it later.Seeing the amber, Mursharr tries to pry it out of the scimitar. ((Str: (d20=15)+1 = 16, Success)) Once he gets it, he sticks it in a pocket for now and collects what else he can (coins and two of his arrows) before heading towards the center of the defenders to find Ves by looking for the phoenix helm.
Once Mursharr spots the Commander's helm, he moves toward the elf with Casine's amulet hanging over outside of his hand as he grips the chain. Once he nears the commander, he pauses until he is noticed and called to approach.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-11-2007, 01:55 AM
So what is the amulet? I would really like to know because if any of our friends can use it id gladly turn it over but if not then we can perhaps sell it and split the gold

The Wandering Bard
11-11-2007, 07:24 AM
The elven commander notes the scouts approuch, than gestures for him to approuch. "I see you bear Casines' Amulet. I hope this means that he has sent you with word on the western Flank, and not that he has perished in battle."

"If ye worthless hide be coming here to be telling the commander that the flank is lost, ye best be runnin now lad. Cause I ain't one to be liken bad news." the surley dwarven second growls as he moves to stand in front of the Elf. his finger running over the blade of his massive axe.

"be at ease good dwarf. Casines amutlet can not be taken, it must be freely given to a person. It was an enchantment my people [placed on the amulet long ago. Please good sir, explain what fates have brought you into our midst. "

After hereing the tale of the battle on the Western flank, the elven commander looks at the companions. "I thank you for standing with us, I fear that our fight is not over. (The Elven commander fills Mursharr in on the happenings during the battle to hold the center.) I am to crush this gem in a matter of moments and give my response to the Voice. I do not know if we will see each other again. So I will give you share with you some wisdom, to aid you if you survive. To the north about 3 miles is a herd of horses, they were tied to several trees, they are guarded by a friend of mine. DO not attack him, he is most likely not what you will be expecting. Hold Casines amulet up and say Vothiora, he will know the sign. Take the horses and the wagon we left and ride north about 20 miles. There is a city there, that must be warned of the advancing horde. when we need to my army will begin falling back. I will send you for the horses before this time. Once the town is warned you will need to find the Seeker of the Dusk, it is rumored that the Seeker lives in the mountains to the south and west. I fear this might be the direction the horde came from, but the Seeker is our only hope. I cannot tell you anything more as we do not know what the Seeker will say to you. Mursharr the Amulet you hold is a Starstone. It was given to my by my family years ago before I left Summerset Isle. It will allow you to speak with me from a great distance. It can be given freely among friends, but never taken by an enemy. the magic makes itimpossible to remove with out the wearers approval. It also has minor protective properties placed on it. (necklace of protection +1).

You all must work together. Mursharr you have been given the Starstone, you can give it to one of your companions or keep it an wear it yourself. do not let it fall into the wrong hands.

(OK a run down on items and treasure.)

Seth, picked up money. as well as
Amulet of Magic Fang +1 (causes natural attack or unarmed attack to be treated as a +1 weapon.)

Mursharr, picked up a small peice of amber from the scimitar pommel worth 5g. various small coin. Was given 20 masterwork arrows. and hold the Starstone, A necklace that acts as a necklace of Protection +1, as well as allows the wearer to communicate with Ves once per day.

Also the command word Vothira was given to the party.

The Wandering Bard
11-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Seeing the army back in its proper postitions. The Elf crushes the gem in the palm of his hand.

"Come foul creature, voice of Unreason I call you for your answer." the elven commander intoned.

With an explosion, and a blast of green smoke the small creature appears.

Anaesthesia
11-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Sparkle will fascinate it. ;)

Zane
11-11-2007, 04:16 PM
After being filled in on what happened at the center of the defenses, Mursharr simply states, "Mursharr stay, hobs and gobs be surprised." After Ves explains what needs to be done, Mursharr simply nods in agreement. "Mursharr run fast, warn others." Mursharr places the amulet around his neck for now, as he doesn't know any one else yet.

Getting prepared, Mursharr retrieves his bow again, prepared for the next attack. When Ves crushes the gem and the small creature suddenly appears - Mursharr steps back in surprise, even after being told what was going to happen, his bow up and drawn, and arrow pointing at the figure. He holds his attack, but keeps the arrow drawn in case it is needed.

Riftwalker
11-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Due to her suspicion of magic items of questionable origins and her lack of trust in any leader of any goblinoid army, Seryl narrows her eyes and draws her bow back, pointing at summoned goblin.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Seth pulls out one of his daggers and readies an action to throw it at the goblin if he makes an attack....

The Wandering Bard
11-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Waiting a little longer for Barravas.

headeast76
11-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Barravas pulls a surprisingly quick attack on the goblin. Dropping his shield with a howl and a swing of his axe Barravas tries to show the goblin his answer to the question of becoming a slave (power attk 5) (1D20=11-5=6+9=15 attk) (1D12=1+11=12Dmg) Let that be a lesson to all people who think Dwarves can be enslaved

The Wandering Bard
11-12-2007, 03:03 PM
The goblin shakes its head, as if momentarily confused. it looks about the party for something, though it is evident that the goblin doesn't know what.(sparkle it passed its save by 1 over.)

Barravas's ax bites into the goblins side. (for 12 damage).

The creature glares at the Dwarf. "You shall pay for your insulance."

The Wandering Bard
11-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Mursharr, Seth, Seryl. If you would like to finish your attacks I will wait until you roll to hit, and roll damage.

Zane
11-12-2007, 09:15 PM
((BTW - Mursharr would actually not attack until the goblin made a hostile move such as an attack or spell casting, but he would be prepared for such a likely event (ready an attack). Anticipating that the goblin will do so, especially now with Barravas' attack, here's the rolls.))

Attack: (d20=14)+9 = 23 for (d6=4)+1 = 5 damage

Riftwalker
11-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Seryl will fire an arrow at the goblin if/when it makes a hostile move. Should this happen:

Attack Roll: d20 + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d8 = 2

Fsuphilosophy09
11-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Though my new comrades are proceeding to fight I shall wait before making an attack.... again I am specifically waiting for him to make a hostile move be it an attack or a even hostile words... (upon which i would interrupt him correct)

The Wandering Bard
11-13-2007, 12:20 PM
The goblin shaman swings his arms around. chanting a brief magical incanation.

"Usha...Kill...kill them all."

From the mists that spead from teh goblins hands a large form can be seen, in moments the foggy figure is fully visable. A large brown bear its claws gleen as if metal. Its eyes red It stands up on its hind legs and looks at the dwarf.

"usha will kill you....kill you all."

The litle goblin jumps up and down in the excitement. hysterical laughter bubbling from its mouth.

At that moment An arrow flies from Seryls bow, punching into the diminuative druids shoulder nearly spinning the crazied thing around.

(Seth your attack will go here.)

Fsuphilosophy09
11-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Seth tosses a dagger

Attack roll (20+6)= 26 critical
Confirm: (10+6)=16

Damage: 2

seth immediately draws another dagger as a free action

The Wandering Bard
11-14-2007, 10:00 AM
The Goblin druid grunts in pain as the blade causes minor damage. the goblin looks at the rouge and hisses. "you will regret that."

Init roll:
Seth=13
Usha(bear)=11
Seryl=10
Mursharr=9
Goblin=9
Barravas=7
sparkle=6

Fsuphilosophy09
11-14-2007, 01:39 PM
"Regret it? BAH YOU SHALL PAY"

Seth takes out another dagger and runs slashes at the druid

[1d20+6]= 14+6=20

damage [1d4]= 4 damage

Anaesthesia
11-14-2007, 06:42 PM
I know I'm last for this round, but I want to cast lesser confusion on the goblin

The Wandering Bard
11-14-2007, 08:01 PM
The large bear charges Barravas, as it nears it rears up and attacks with both claws.

Attack1=11+8=19
attack2=4+6=10

damage1=1d8+4=9

as the bear attacks, the goblin cackles madly.

Zane
11-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Mursharr hisses at the maniacal goblin and moves back a few steps before firing an arrow at the creature.

((Move 15-20 feet, so that I am 30 feet away from the shaman.
Attack: (d20=18)+9 = 27; Damage: (d6=2)+1+(d6=6) = 9 damage.))

Riftwalker
11-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Seryl fires another arrow at the goblin.

Attack Roll: d20 + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d8 = 5

The Wandering Bard
11-15-2007, 11:56 AM
With one last hiss, the Goblin crumples to the ground. a curse on his lips.

"You will die at his hands. your woman will serve as his slaves...Usha kill." Blood bursting from his lips a spastic twitch shots through its body.

headeast76
11-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Enraged at the damage to his armor Barravas drops his shield and swings his battleaxe as hard as he possibly can ( power attack 3 ooc) 1d20+7=27-5=22attk
1d12+6 6+6(power attack damage +3) = 15dmg

The Wandering Bard
11-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Barravas, i got your message, your correct. I didn't see the shield. So you don't take any damage.

Your do however wound the bear for the full damage. 15 damage.

The Wandering Bard
11-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Round 2

Init roll:
Sparkle:14
Seryl:12
Bear:10
Barravas:8
Mursharr:6
Seth:5

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/Greys/misc/progress.gif

Anaesthesia
11-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Attacking the bear with crossbow. 3 Damage. :D

Riftwalker
11-17-2007, 01:45 AM
Seryl fires an arrow at the bear.

Attack Roll: d20 + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d8 = 3

The Wandering Bard
11-17-2007, 11:41 AM
The Bear Swings at the dwarf again.

Critical miss. (the bear rolled a 1)

Zane
11-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Mursharr moves a few steps to the side and forward, getting a clean shot at the bear.

((Move so that I am within 30 feet of the bear.
Attack: (d20=9)+9 = 18; Damage: (d6=5)+1+(d6=6) = 12 damage.))

headeast76
11-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Barravas takes a five foot step so that he might put the bear between him and the arrows that keep being shot at the bear and then with a mighty roar he swings with all his might ( power attack 3) 1d20+4=8+4 = 12 damn ( Damage if he hit is 1d12=1+9=10)

The Wandering Bard
11-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Summery

The companions attack the goblin Druid in near unison, as the creature backs away, it summons its animal companion, A large brown bear. While trying to avoid combat, the Druid takes several more hits from arrows and a dagger, with a curse it dies.

The bear attacks the Dwarf, who initiated the combat. The bears claws are turned aside by the dwarfs armor, and the bear sustains heavy damage from the party. the bear is bleeding heavily from the numerous wounds it has sustained but its rage at the death of it master seems to block the pain from its mind.

Turn 3

Seth=12
Sparkle=10
Bear=10
Barravas=8
Mursharr=7
Seryl=5

Fsuphilosophy09
11-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Seth moves into a flanking position and attacks the bear with his dagger...
{1d20+6}=> (13,6)= 19 for {1d4+2d6}= {2,4,4} =10 damage

Anaesthesia
11-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Sparkle will use her rapier (if close enough) on the bear

Attack: 1d20+1=18
Damage: 2

headeast76
11-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Barravas see's the bear stumble, and seizes the opening. Charging forward yet again dwarf lets out a hardy yell, something about enjoying bear steak for dinner. He swings his battleaxe as hard as he can (power attack 3) (attack)1d20+9 12+9-3= 18 (damage)1d12+6 1+6 = 7

The Wandering Bard
11-21-2007, 12:11 AM
The bear howls in rage at the arrows protruding from its body. Its blood shot eyes fix on the small humanoid. with a growl,it rakes its claws across the dwarf.

attack= missed again. (Barravas, for a dwarf you possess a lot of luck, twice the bear has rolled 1's on its attack roll)

The bear stumbles as the axe slams into its body. the wounds are bleeding severely. its obvious that the bear can't take much more.


(Everyone, I will suspend the game until saturday for thanksgiving. Have a happy, enjoyable, and most of all a safe thanksgiving. I hope to see you all after the holiday.)

Zane
11-21-2007, 12:54 AM
((Well, I'm still going to post this attack, since I will be out of town Sat and Sunday. The only reason I didn't before was because I figured we would have killed it by now...))

Mursharr hesitates for a couple seconds before firing on the bear, feeling for the poor creature a little. With a sigh that comes out more like a soft growl, he draws his bow and fires at the bear, hoping to put it out of it's pain.

Attack: (d20=10)+9 = 19 for (d6=4)+1 = 5 damage.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-21-2007, 03:23 AM
(( happy turkey day people see you later on be safe))

The Wandering Bard
11-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Mursharrs arrow slams into the creatures chest. The thud from the impact heard by those near by. After a second, the bears face mirrors what you could only assume is the look of confusion on its features. its consistant howling and roars of rage stop as the bear losses balance and collapses to the ground.

You cannot help but wonder why none of those around you aided in the battle, but as you look you can see small pockets of fighting. behind you the sounds of battle still linger and those that look see the elven commander swinging his sword finishing the last creature off.

fresh corpses litter the ground. you all note that the creatures are not goblinkin or even humanoid, they are the creatures of the land, wolves, fox, bears, several creatures from the swamps to the west. A vast reptilian form is seen in the distance, its massive jaws slamming shut around a soldier who in an effort to avenge its own death, slams the spear it was weilding in to the alligators eye. the screams of the two echo over the hills. with that the battle comes to a rest agian. the forces of both the humanoids and the goblinkin pull back to their holdings.

"you five, It is time. Head to the back of the lines, there are several horses there. Wait until I give you the signal than ride hard. We will cover you the best we can. Go the horse are about 100 yards through the lines, the men will let you through."

At the hinted command the men at the center split allowing the party to pass through the lines.

In the distance you see ten horses tied some trees.

( I will leave a little time here for more intros and jokes or compliments. basic comradery.)

headeast76
11-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Picking up his shield, Barravas slaps Mursharrs back and says '' Thanks for having my back I'm not so sure that beast wanted anymore of my axe''. Looking over to Sparkle, Barravas nods and says '' and you little one are quite brave, nice rapier work''.

Anaesthesia
11-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Sparkle smiles, "You're not so bad with that axe."


(OOC: TWB, I'm sending you a PM about those Horses, the Riding skill and me being a small humaniod)

Zane
11-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Mursharr's head turns to the dwarf after the thanks ((Be sure to check your PMs headeast76)) and the strange man nods to him. "Musharr does what Mursharr can. It is time to run, but Mursharr has question. Are battles like this common for elf and human gatherings?" While moving with the others back to where the horses wait, Mursharr puts his bow back around his shoulder and waits for any responses.

The Wandering Bard
11-25-2007, 06:54 PM
The horses are tied to the tree, the group consists of 3 rough mountain ponies, 3 war horses and several lighter horses. the war horses are armored in scale mail barding, the lighter horses are armored with leather barding and the mountian ponies are armored in chainmail barding.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Seth takes his time and picks up all his daggers making sure to to miss any and proceed to talk with the group as he walks towards the horses...

"Oi you lot sure can fight I think i should stick with you all as you seem to both adventure and gold, two things which i am most fond of. My name is Seth I am from the coastal lands... I'm sort of an orphan if you will my parents were killed by pirates its a bit of a sore point so lets not dwell on it. But I can fight and hold my own if we all stick together with my quickness and all of your abilities together we can take most anything..."

Those of you who now int he calm moments look at Seth see the following....

Seth stands at an average human height, his innate quickness apparent in his tight, lean muscles. He appears calculating his features almost aloof in deep thought. His blonde long unkempt hair flows gently down his shoulder as his light blue eyes peer off into the distance. His tanned skin clearly a sign of his outdoor life. He meets each of your eyes and gives a smile and a nod and then proceeds to go about his business.

headeast76
11-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Barravas proceeds to the horses and picks a sturdy warhorse, strapping his shield to his back he mounts the horse with the ease of a seasoned rider....(Ride check 1d20+6
19+6 = 25) Looking over his shoulder Barravas calls Musharr over " Would you ride up front with me and we can talk about your question". " I have some of my own questions I would like to ask you".

Zane
11-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Mursharr moves up to where Barravas has already mounted his horse. Mursharr looks at the horses with slight unease, but decides to try one anyway. He selects one of the light horses, believing it a better match for him. He tries to mount as well, following Barravas' lead - and after a couple missteps, manages to make it on. "Not as easy as looks," he mutters mainly to himself, before joining Barravas. "Now Mursharr wait for elf Ves. Dwarf had question for Mursharr?" Mursharr keeps his eyes trained back for Ves' signal, ready to move as soon as he sees the signal.

Ride check for when we go... (d20=6)+5 = 11.

The Wandering Bard
11-26-2007, 03:25 PM
"You's step from creatures. Day is mine to guard. No do as told, and die you will. me mighty warrior. no hesitate to kills."

The voice comes from a thick crop of bushes a few feet to the left of the horses. theres a flash of light glinting off of metal, but the weapon is not visible.

Zane
11-26-2007, 04:49 PM
To the north about 3 miles is a herd of horses, they were tied to several trees, they are guarded by a friend of mine.
Go the horse are about 100 yards through the lines, the men will let you through.
((OOC - I was wondering why there were two different groups of horses...))

Mursharr looks over to the area of the voice and the flash of light, and realizing the most likely senario, he grabs the amulet that is hanging around his neck and says, "Vothiora," hoping that the voice belonged to the one that Ves mentioned earlier.

headeast76
11-26-2007, 07:41 PM
"Well what do we have here?" Barravas asks, "Mursharr what do you know of this?"

The Wandering Bard
11-26-2007, 08:44 PM
(well, I had two groups of horses because the goblin druid was going to kill the nearest group.....but you managed to kill him a lot faster than I anticipated....so More horses. Ignore the 3 miles group, just use these as those horese.)


At the command word, the bushes russle more.

"Da Commander be senden you's to me horses? den it is bad goings on da field? lucky you's knows da word or you's be all dead now. Me is mighty warrior."

with this proclimation a small humaniod mounted on a large ferret walks out of the bushes. its small form is covered in hardened leather. but its lupine features are still visible.

"Me is Raph, Mighties, of mighty Un'auk clan. Me and Eek here, we scout now for Elf man. We fight many fights together, me save bird head from giant." the small humanoids chest puffs out at the last statement. it is obvious that he is proud of his fighting skills, though you can't help but wonder if the "Giant" wasn't just taller than him.

Eek, the giant weasel spins its head around to look at the Humanoid rider at the mention of its name. its eyes look as though it bears an unusual intellegence.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-27-2007, 01:58 AM
Seth stays quite paying attention to the man and analyze him wondering where he could possibly be from while he awaits for the group to take action

headeast76
11-27-2007, 08:44 AM
"I'm Barravas and you are quite right little warrior things are not going well on the battlefield". "We need these horses to help us further a common goal and try to stop this madness, all this killing is senseless but it does give me a chance to kill some of those yellow skinned goblinoid bastards

Zane
11-27-2007, 10:11 AM
((BTW - what race is Raph? You mentioned small humanoid, but there are still possibilities...))

Mursharr looks over to the small scout and says, with mirth in his voice, "Mursharr know scout work, Raph very brave to be scout." He then gets serious as he continues. "Raph come also to city, or stay with elf Ves?"

Anaesthesia
11-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Is there any Explorer Lore on the Mighties? d20+5=25 (rolled a nat 20 :D )

The Wandering Bard
11-28-2007, 03:20 PM
(Thats what I was waiting for ;) )

Sparkle, after a moment you realize that the small creature is a Kobold. Its lupine(dog) features are scaly like mix between a dog-Human-lizard.

His Common is bad you after some thought you realize that Mighty is a compliment he is giving himself. The Un'auk clan is a large clan of kobolds they are rumored to be crafty warriors, but there powers come from the unusually large number of Kobold sorcerers that the clan has. it is not uncommon for young kobolds of the clan to leace and adventure for a few years, collecting treauses to return with to their clan holdings. the Royal Explorers have recently traded petty items and gold with several clans for their extensive underground maps of the regions.

"Raph most save Bird head elf man again. He is friend...me saved him from a giant you know. me is mighty warrior. You go now."

looking the party over agian the kobold raises his spear over his head in a salute.

"You need Raph's smarts? If not Raph be helping bird head."

(translation, any questions before I go?)

to any looking, you can see watch towers about 4 miles in the distance. the ground grows steep but a cobblestoned road leads up to it. the horses should make good time. when the party is ready to leave.

Anaesthesia
11-28-2007, 08:18 PM
*relays info about Un'auk clan to the rest of the party* By the way, would I have seen any of these maps that the Royal Explorers took of the regions?

The Wandering Bard
11-28-2007, 08:27 PM
OOC: mosy likely, but they hold no relevance over this area, as we continue on, i will post the maps.


were just waiting on answers from the others.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Seth thinks a bit and then patiently states to the party members "We must get going the lines are counting on us to reach our destination...

headeast76
11-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Barravas spins his war horse around and replys.."Serg is correct we need to be going and if you all don't mind I'd like the second spot behind Mursharr beings he has scouted before maybe he should take the lead..." Turrning his horse again Barravas looks at Musharr then the rest of the group "Let us go before the way is blocked and we get trapped here"....

Zane
11-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Mursharr nods to Raph. "Raph stay, kill lots of hobs and gobs for Mursharr and others." Mursharr then mounts up (see post 122 above) and prepares to leave. "City to warn, Seeker to find."

Riftwalker
11-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Seryl listens intently, and selects a horse. She holds her hand up to the horse's face, introducing herself before climbing atop, readying for the ride.

The Wandering Bard
11-29-2007, 10:30 PM
"come den, it be time to ride. Elf man come to place of rock huts, der is many mens der to help im fight, me wait maybe when we gets der."

The Kobold points the group in the direction, than begins to move forward. you can't help but noticce how like a serpent the large rodent moves, its body swaying back and forth as it moves.

(we will do the ride in 2 posts. every one feel free to roll checks, i will tell you if you note anything.)

headeast76
11-29-2007, 11:32 PM
1d20+6
18+6 = 24 (Ride check) Barravas takes a look around (Spot check)1d20+-2
8+-2 = 6 damn! "Well Musharr what I was wondering was just where are you from? Unlike the rest of our friends I've become curious about your features. I've never met anyone who looks like you so what can you tell me about your people and your homeland?

Fsuphilosophy09
11-30-2007, 02:49 AM
Ride check [1d20+4] 6+4=10 ((OUCH)) Seth mounts his horse and attempts to ride out with the group

Zane
11-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Mursharr rides point, with Barravas right behind him. He keeps his head facing forward and he appears to be a bit tense as he tries to direct the horse along. ((Ride check (d20=6)+5 = 11))

"Mursharr homeland is all out there," he says, releasing a hand off the reigns just long enough to indicate the general wilderness. "Many like Mursharr there, but few come to big gathering places. Now Mursharr see why, too much fighting." While he chats with the dwarf, Mursharr is sure to keep his eyes and ears open to the areas around him.

Spot: (d20=12)+8 = 20
Listen: (d20=5)+10 = 15

The Wandering Bard
11-30-2007, 04:36 PM
OOC: by the end of tonight I will post the end of the first journey.

Riftwalker
11-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Seryl's Ride check: d20 + 1 = 8
Seryl's Spot check: d20 + 3 = 17
Seryl's Listen check: d20 + 3 = 21

Anaesthesia
11-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Sparkle's spot: d20+2=5
Sparkle's Inuit Direction check: d20+10=12 (not entirely sure in what direction we're headed)

Forgot a ride check: d20+2=9

Fsuphilosophy09
11-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Seth is to busy trying to stay on his horse to even notice whats going on he has never really ridden one but perhaps he can make the best of this

The Wandering Bard
11-30-2007, 07:54 PM
An uncertain but strong start.

The party manages to mount the horses, having little difficulty due in part to the fact that the horses are trained to handle several riders (war horses, I assumed should be rather well trained and used to riders. I added a few points to each ride check.)

some of the party has a little trouble getting used to the constant swaying of the beasts, but with much relief they are on there way.

Sparkle: from the directions given to you by your guild and the discussions with Ves, you are able to discern that you are traveling north.

Mursharr: ( i got your message, thanks for the heads up.) you can hear the sounds of a terrible battle going on behind you (South). As you look around you can see the sweeping spires of the city before the group (Now about 2 miles north of the party). the road is a little steep but is a well maintained cobble stone road. as you look behind you, you can see the troops moving in formation. as you watch you see the humans brace for a charge. the first ranks buckling but holding steady from the surging ranks of goblinoids.

You watch in awe and note the tingle of fear and pity for those fighting, for as you watch.. behind the ranks of goblins that are now in combat with the humans, the air shimmers. than at once the shimmering is gone. in that brief moment a dozen huge humanoids appear their huge arms swinging wildly at the ranks of armored spearmen and halberdiers.

you can hear the cries of the wounded and dying, as well as a horn. the brief bleets of its cry causing the ranks to slowly fall back in an orderly retreat.

a sense of urgency now grips your heart.

Seryl you can hear a booming voice just barely over the cries of the wounded and sounds of combat. you can't hear it well but you catch pieces.

"Riders........kill all......no message......destroy city....all hail......."

Its obvious that the voice has been amplified to sound over the other noises but the distance is to great to gather more information. YOu know that it was not the Humans' commander, its voice had a different accent. with the background noise you were also unable to discern the gender of the speaker.

"Dat be no good." the Little kobold states rather matter of factly. "dem horns saying dat it time to beat feet. Day is coming dis way, to fight in da city. day has it ready for fight. we needs to warn dem in da city of trouble."

Zane
11-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Mursharr doesn't respond to the kobold, but instead leans low in the saddle and pushes the horse to run as fast as it can towards the city. Ride: (d20=12)+5 = 17))

headeast76
12-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Barravas's Warhorse is keeping good pace beside Mursharr's speedy little Gelding. The clanking of his full plate armor is acompanied by the pounding of the horses hooves in a mixture of noise that must sound like an army is approching or departing as it were....(OOC: Must see what can be done about that...:))

The Wandering Bard
12-01-2007, 12:45 PM
The White brick road

the party urges there horses on, having seen the devastating attack on the human army, the riders feel an overwhelming sense of urgency. the need to reach the city and warn the defenders of the approuching army, and the retreat of the mercanary companies.

(Barravas, Mursharr as you are the lead horsemen please roll a spot check.)

Raph the Kobold rides at the back of the party, he constantly looks back. a look of sincere worry on his face. His Dire Weasel mount seems to keep good pace with the rest of the mounts. as he rides the party notes his battle gear, which he must have readied while riding. He clutches a well crafted Long-spear, its shaft looks even bigger in his diminuative hands. a small buckler shining in the light fastened to his right wrist. he is clad in well made and well maintained leather, the multiple studs of metal glittering in the light of the sun. his weasel mount has a fine suit of leather as well. its oiled surface rubbed in what you assume is charcoal to reduce glare and make it easier for the normally stealthy creature to hide.

Zane
12-01-2007, 05:02 PM
(Barravas, Mursharr as you are the lead horsemen please roll a spot check.)
Spot: (d20=13)+8 = 21

headeast76
12-01-2007, 07:03 PM
(Spot Check) 1d20+-1
15+-1 = 14 Arrg!

The Wandering Bard
12-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Mursharr, Barravas I PMed both of you gentleman about the spot rolls.

OK all, heres a little more information for you. When I ask a person for a skill check I will pm that person what they notice or the action that happens. This is because say for example. Seth sees something in the distance. the party will not automaticly know what he sees, its up to Seth to describe to the best of his abilities what he see's. this allows the characters to determine what is important and not. it also gives you as players a more personal feel for you characters. I hope you enjoy this as the game progresses. I am open to feedback. thanks.

Zane
12-02-2007, 02:16 AM
((OOC: That method works for me.))

Mursharr suddenly brings his horse to a quick stop, forcing everyone else to also stop short. He lets go of the reigns of his horse and draws his bow up and nocking an arrow in one motion, drawing the arrow back and aiming at the left side of the road just ahead. "Mursharr see, no trip Mursharr. Show selves to Mursharr now!"

headeast76
12-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Looking back at the rest of the party Barravas says "Someone has tried to trip us with a rope across the road be wary of an ambush, Weapons at the ready people " with that Barravas hops off of his horse and walks up to the rope with no hesitation Barravas chops the rope in half. " Do what he says and hurry up about it! "

The Wandering Bard
12-02-2007, 02:24 PM
ok everyone As it might be a little longer with the maps. I will try to give you the best description of the area possible.

you are on a cobblestone road. on both sides of the party at the moment are thick stands of trees. on both sides of the road are 4ft. cleared areas. there are 3 large stacks of rocks. One is behind the party (25ft.) in the right side of the road. the other is 15ft. ahead on the left side of the road. half of the rock is in the trees. the third pile of rocks is 20ft. ahead to the right of the party, just after the trees end. it looks as though a person could scale its sides due to the course nature of the rock and its many hand and foot holds. it rises about 15ft. above the ground. the other piles rise about 10ft. off the ground.

Movement in the trees

With a roar of rage, several humanoid shapes burst from the tree line. there are 5 of them. all with reddish skin, they are well built and look stronger than most humans. they stand about 6" taller than most humans as well. after a moment your recongize them as Hobgoblins. A larger Hobgoblin points at the party his gnarled hand holding a large black mace. its spiked head swinging menacingly back and forth.

with a russle a 6th hobgoblin moves out of the woods to the right of the road. it looks exactly like the others.

the large Hobgoblin points at the party "These be the ones were looking for. Kill them all, each one you kill you keep there stuff."

(before i roll initiative I have a question, Would it be easier for you all, if i roll one initiative per battle and we stay in that order for the whole battle, its a little less chaotic.)

Anaesthesia
12-02-2007, 02:45 PM
(before i roll initiative I have a question, Would it be easier for you all, if i roll one initiative per battle and we stay in that order for the whole battle, its a little less chaotic.)

OOC: It makes more sense that way, and every Dnd group I've ever been in(or DMed) has done it that way. I just happen to like rolling dice, so that's why I let my players roll for themselves. Btw: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/initiative.htm#initiativeChecks

headeast76
12-02-2007, 04:49 PM
OOC: It makes more sense that way, and every Dnd group I've ever been in(or DMed) has done it that way. I just happen to like rolling dice, so that's why I let my players roll for themselves. Btw: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/initiative.htm#initiativeChecks



(ooc: I agree about the initiative let us keep our places the whole encounter)

Zane
12-02-2007, 06:58 PM
((OOC: I'm good for one roll per encounter, let's just hope they are good ones...))

Fsuphilosophy09
12-03-2007, 08:27 AM
((OOC: I agree on roll for the whole encounter seems feasible))

The Wandering Bard
12-03-2007, 03:41 PM
OOC: well that looks like the majority, so let the game continue.


Hobgoblin(4)=18
Mursharr=15
Sparkle=13
Hobgoblin(lead)=12
Hobgoblin(3)=12
Seryl=10
Barravas=9
Seth=8
Hobgoblin(1)=7
Hobgoblin(2)=5
Hobgoblin(6)=4

Hobgoblin(4) advances on Mursharr, with a wicked grin it swings axe at the scout.

Attack=8+6=14
damage= Miss

Anaesthesia
12-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Sparkle will attack the nearest Hobgoblin with her rapier (I'm not sure which I'm closest to, but the lead hobgoblin if I could hit him)

d20+3+1(bonus vs goblinoids)=13
damage=4

Zane
12-03-2007, 07:27 PM
((Yay - my first post anywhere on my new Mac!))

Mursharr shakes his head, "Bad idea to face Mursharr and friends." He hops off his horse and moves back from the hobgoblin to the other side of the road before firing his drawn arrow at the creature (#4 - the one that attacked me).

Attack: (1d20=11)+8 = 19 for (1d6=6)+1+(1d6=4) = 11 damage.

The Wandering Bard
12-03-2007, 07:50 PM
OOC: congrats I am honored to be that this game was the first post on your mac :)

Sparkle (are you fighting on your mount or do you want to dismount?)

Mursharrs arrow slams into the hobgoblin. the Goblinoids torso spins with the impact, its buggy eyes bulge even more than roll back into its head as it collapses to the ground.

Anaesthesia
12-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Sparkle (are you fighting on your mount or do you want to dismount?)


:eek: Completely forgot I was still riding. I will dismount first.

The Wandering Bard
12-03-2007, 09:53 PM
OOC: ha no problem.

The small Gnome dismounts from the right side of her Pony. WIth the animal between her and the hobgoblins, she is able to reach the Leader of the raiders with no hinderance. she engages the creature who smiles a toothy grin at her. she attacks, parries, and reposts but to no avil. her attacks can't seem to get through his defenses. (This time.)

Fsuphilosophy09
12-04-2007, 08:41 AM
(ill just post my action now))

Seth dismounts gracefully and steps to the nearest hobgoblin and (if i am not flanking with anyone i would like to feint if i am flanking then i would like to attack)

The Wandering Bard
12-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Seth you were in the back of the party so you would most likely attack Hobgoblin(3)

if you wish to attack it go ahead or pick another target. Roll the attack and damage rolls to see if you hit.

if you want to flank than roll a bluff check. thanks.

The Wandering Bard
12-05-2007, 10:12 PM
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj183/thewanderingbard/Map-Kings-Road222.jpg?t=1197135826


OK Character Icons are as follows.
the first Icon is a bard=Sparkle
second Icon is a male with sword and hand raised=Seth
below Seth is a blue background cleric=Seryl
Kobold with spear=Raph
Cloaked man with knives=Mursharr
Dwarf with large axe=Barravas

The other Icons are Hobgoblins.

Hobgoblin(4) is above mursharr
Hobgoblin(2) is the next to the hobgoblin leader
Hobgoblin(leader) is Hob with sword and shield
Hobgoblin(3) is above Hobgoblin2
hobgoblin(1) is next to hobgoblin3
Hobgoblin(6) is on the other side of the road


(OK, I am going to keep working with this but until I can get a picture up on the forum that is not way to small to see please feel free to use the links i will provide to follow the turn maps. if you are unable to access this link please let me know Thanks.)

Zane
12-06-2007, 12:30 AM
((I only see a small blue box [about 1/16 the size of your avatar] with a white question mark in it... I'm assuming that it means there is some error with the image you tried to post, otherwise it is a most peculiar [and small] battlemap.))

Anaesthesia
12-06-2007, 06:11 PM
((TWB- when using photos from photobucket, use the IMG code option. Also, if you go into "edit" there is an option there to resize the photo for forums.))

Fsuphilosophy09
12-07-2007, 05:47 AM
Seth attempts a feint

Bluff [1d20+6]= [10+6]=16

headeast76
12-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Barravas steps to Mursharr's side and attacks the hobgoblin (#5) attk=1d20+7
8+7 = 15 Dmg=1d12+6
6+6 = 12

The Wandering Bard
12-07-2007, 03:51 PM
(I will due a summery a little later. sorry for the delay.)

Riftwalker
12-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Seryl moves to a location to prevent an AoO (if she's next to a hobgoblin) and fires at the closest one,

Attack: 1d20 + 4 = 7 (boo -- I'm not rolling the damage for this.)

The Wandering Bard
12-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Hobgoblin(4) grins, its thick yellow teeth, almost tusks protruding from its lips. It advances on Mursharr. As it gets close it starts swinging its axe menacingly. With a howl it throws itself at the cloaked scout. The howl turns to a roar when he notes that the scout dodged the attack (previous post)

Mursharr rolls under the axe blade, the momentum of the roll carrying him to the far side of the road. Spinning on his heels he draws his bowstring back and fires and arrow. The force behind the wooden shaft causing the Hobgoblins torso to spin the arrow nearly bursting from its back. A grunt the only sound the creature makes as it stupidly looks at the hole in its chest before collapsing to the ground. (Mursharr kills hobgoblin(4) )

Sparkle leaps from her mount as she sees the reddish skinned goblinoids walk out of the woods. her dismount places her mount between her and the hobgoblins, allowing her to reach the leader of the raiders. As she approaches she draws out her small rapier, and charges the creature. After several moments of furious attacks and parries, she is unable to get through the Hobgoblin’s defenses.

“little one, you should have known you could not win against the likes of me.” The Hobgoblin leader says, hissing the words menacingly. The dance of blades continues, but seeing his chance the Hobgoblin captain presses his attack.

Attack1=13+3=16
Damage=1d8+1=2 (oh got lucky) At the sight of the drawn blood the Hobgoblin chuckles.

Hobgoblin(3) seeing the combat between the gnomish bard, and its captain, the creature moves along side the tree line, than stands moves to flank the gnome.

Attack1=9+3=12
Miss

Seryl stays mounted on her horse. The chestnut steed is urged back from combat by the cleric. As she moves back she fires an arrow at the Hobgoblin that advanced on Sparkle. The arrow wisks by the creature, the things unwieldy swing of its own weapon saving its life as its.

Seeing Sparkle circled by the three Hobgoblins, Barravas rushes to aid the gnome. Barravas can hardly suppress a grin as he notes a particularly slow Hobgoblin (2) and swings his axe, the Goblinkin manages to look up just in time to for the dwarfs gleaming axe to separate its head from its shoulders.

Seth advances on the battle in the center of the road, as he nears the battle he rushes to the side of the Hobgoblin Captain, bringing his dagger around for what looks to be a low slash. Seeing the new threat to his side, the Captain spins swinging for the low knife, only to realize that the dagger was a distraction (failed his check, Hobgoblin leader gets no dex bonus on next attack against him.)

Hobgoblin(1) sees the dwarf engage the hobgoblin next to its leader, than moments later cut the creature down. Its eyes widen in fear as it seems to sense that its next, but before it can flee, its eyes catch a glimpse of the gleaming battle axe. Greed pushes all fear from its mind, and it advances on the dwarf.

Attack1=15+3=18
Miss

Hobgoblin(6) watches the battle unfold, it is about to rush into combat when the scout appears and fires an arrow at one of the hobgoblins on the other side of the road. The creature looks around, noting that most of the scouts companions were in the battle in the center of the road, leaving the scout alone. It pulls its axe from its back and charges the scout

Attack1=19+3=21
Damage=1d8+1=5

The Wandering Bard
12-09-2007, 10:45 AM
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj183/thewanderingbard/Map-Kings-RoadTurn2.jpg?t=1197219016

Mursharr=15
Sparkle=13
Hobgoblin(lead)=12
Hobgoblin(3)=12
Seryl=10
Barravas=9
Seth=8
Hobgoblin(1)=7
Hobgoblin(6)=4

Anaesthesia
12-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Sparkle will cast ghost sound

Zane
12-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Hobgoblin(6) watches the battle unfold, it is about to rush into combat when the scout appears and fires an arrow at one of the hobgoblins on the other side of the road. The creature looks around, noting that most of the scouts companions were in the battle in the center of the road, leaving the scout alone. It pulls its axe from its back and charges the scout
Mursharr tries to dodge the attack, but was so focused on the other hobgoblin that he just killed that the new attacks still hits. With a snarl, Mursharr spins away from the hobgoblin, trying to get away without leaving any openings for the hobgoblin to hit him again (Tumble: (d20=7)+13 = 20). He continues his twisting move to end up next to Raph. "Mursharr fight like this." he says to the little guy as he knocks an arrow, draws the bow and fires in one smooth motion. (Attacking Hobgoblin #6, Skirmishing for extra damage and +1 AC)

Attack: (d20=11)+9 = 20
Damage: (1d6=2)+1+(1d6=5) = 8

The Wandering Bard
12-09-2007, 05:08 PM
With a loud squeal the hobgoblin clutches at the wooden shaft that is now protruding from its neck. it gives the Mursharr a look of intense hatred and attempts to rush the scout but collaspes after its first step.

Sparkle (If you don't mind me asking, what type of sound do you wish to create? you need to designate if its going to move, and how loud it is. thanks.)

Riftwalker
12-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Seryl again attacks the closest hobgoblin, using a five-foot step to avoid AoOs:

d20 + 4 = 19; damage = d8 = 5

The Wandering Bard
12-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Seryl, just a heads up I just sent you a PM.

Anaesthesia
12-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Sparkle (If you don't mind me asking, what type of sound do you wish to create? you need to designate if its going to move, and how loud it is. thanks.)

It's going to be a fixed sound (near me), and it would sound like several men shouting.

headeast76
12-10-2007, 12:21 AM
With a five foot step to the east Barravas looks the newest threat in it's ugly face and attacks screaming, "Go to the abyss you pig faced scavanger!!"
Attack(1d12+6=12+6 = 18) Dmg (1d20+7=11+7 = 18") (OOC: Sweet dbl 18's)

Fsuphilosophy09
12-10-2007, 01:11 AM
((is the person in front of me the one who i feinted? if so apply the sneak attack damage listed if not make it just a normal attack))

Seth swings his dagger through the air slicing at the goblin in front of him

[1d20+6]= (1,6)= 7 for [1d4+2d6]= (2,4,3)= 9dmg (( OUCH :( ))

The Wandering Bard
12-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Ok, Summery coming soon, just waiting for a PM from Seryl. sorry for the delay.

The Wandering Bard
12-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Mursharr=15
Sparkle=13
Hobgoblin(lead)=12
Hobgoblin(3)=12
Seryl=10
Barravas=9
Seth=8
Hobgoblin(1)=7
Hobgoblin(6)=4

Mursharr's arrow kills the offending hobgoblin.

Sparkle, the noise has disturbed the hobgoblin next to the hobgoblin leader, but the leader makes his will save. (the Hobgoblin will attempt to run on his round.)

The hobgoblin leader swings his axe at sparkle
attack roll 9+3=12 Miss

Hobgoblin(3) moves out of square

Seth, Sparkle please roll and AoO (attack of op. thanks)

Will post the rest after i get those two rolls. sorry for any inconvience. TWB~

Fsuphilosophy09
12-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Seth swings at the goblin [1d20+6]= 12 to hit for [1d4]=3 dmg (sneak attack if possible [2d6]=4 sneak attack)

The Wandering Bard
12-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Seths small blade bits into the retreating hobgoblin. it grunts in pain, but the sound of numerous men is more than enough to keep it running.

(waiting on the AoO from our bard ;) )

Anaesthesia
12-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Sparkle will hit the nearest hobgoblin with her rapier

attack: (1d20)18+4=22 (crit)
damage:8 (2d4)

headeast76
12-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Barravas swings his gleaming battle axe with unreal streanth (power attack 3) screaming "Your destiny will be served on my ax blade !!" (attk=1d20+6/14+6 = 20)
(dmg 1d12+9/6+9 = 15)

Riftwalker
12-15-2007, 11:02 PM
OOC: (Still waiting on the response from the PM before I declare my next action.)

The Wandering Bard
12-16-2007, 07:14 PM
OOC: I will just continue, Sparkle I hope you can forgive the DM controling sparkle for a Temp.

Seths dagger bits into the hobgoblins hide, it screams in rage but is to terrified to stay and fight, so it keeps on running.

Sparkle attacks the fleeing creature.
Attack (of Op.) 13+4=17
damage=1d4=3

the creature takes a wound to the back, the amount of wounds looks severe but the creature keeps moving.

Seryls arrow catches the creature in the back as well, the force of the arrow dropping the Hobgoblin to the ground, its eyes losing glazing over.

Barravas slams his axe into the last remaining Hobgoblin warrior, the wound kills the Hobgoblin instantly.


Seeing its companions dead, the Hobgoblin leader shouts "I give up. Do not kill me. I can help you. I have much loot hidden, its yours just let me live."

Riftwalker
12-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Seryl rides towards Raph, attempting to grab him out of the air.

(Assuming this takes a Ride check: d20 + 1 = 19)

Zane
12-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Mursharr notes Seryl riding toward him and Raph. Thinking they are in danger, he spins around to looks behind him, wondering what is going on, another arrow nocked up ready.

Spot: (d20=12)+8 =20

The Wandering Bard
12-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Mursharr notes the Small Kobold floating in the air about 5 ft. off the ground. Raphs face is blue, and his eyes are bulging.

As he watches, Seryl rides up and grabs the Kobold by the back oh his armor, and keeps on riding.
(seryl I made a str. check for you, hope you didn't mind.)

the Kobolds face starts to change back to its brown color as air reaches its lungs. panting the kobold struggles to talk but can't find the air enough.

the air where the Kobold was hanging shimmers. A large gray-blue being comes into view.

"I am Galassius, High wizard of Goulthar, right hand to the High Lord of the Swamps. Neophyte of Draxious the Deep. Your dog is lucky you suprised me. You will not get lucky again." he throws his hand up and a green beam fires from a ring on his right hand. It reachs past the party to slam into the Hobgoblin leader, who cries out in alarm before exploding into a cloud of dust.

with a laugh the Blue-grey creature disappears, as another ring flares on its left hand. you assume it is a teleportation ring.

(What will you do now? I will occassionally leave a space in the game for discussion amoung players, comments, and such. If the party wants to make rolls and checks these are the time do do such things. i do this after the stroy line moves.)

Anaesthesia
12-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Sparkle will hit the nearest hobgoblin with her rapier

attack: (1d20)18+4=22 (crit)
damage:8 (2d4)


:confused: (TWB-Don't mind that you NPC'd but did you see my move before you did yours for me? I'm just trying to figure it out!)

Fsuphilosophy09
12-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Seth takes a quick moment to look around as the sights have certainly been surprising


spot [1d20+6]=> (15,6)=> 21

headeast76
12-18-2007, 07:41 PM
oops...

headeast76
12-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Barravas looks around, after retriving his shield and sheathing his ax upon his back he says "Did you guys see that?!! "I nearly cleaved that fleabag in half!!!" "Me mudder would be so proud..." "Ok now what?" he asks "We just lost our guide, and I could go for some loot right now" "Anyone wanna check the bodies for anything worth while?"

The Wandering Bard
12-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Raph, hopes off seryls horse.

"thank you Mrs. Lady. Me is strong, but thingy caught me when I wasn't looking. We should be going, der is more of dem coming." "look dey is coming this way"

as the party looks, they see dozens of goblinoids rushing up the road.

"Run Fools" a familiar sing-song voice cries out. the elven commander from the battle field bursts out of the trees. We will do what we can to hold them off, from here to give you more time. ride.....ride now. tell Ingris Murse that "Voths light shines like the Moon at noon."

the elven man points towards the city walls. as he points roughly a dozen forms appear out of the woods, they form around the commander. You see The young bard, the priest, and the warmage. as well as the scout, and two younger people that you assume are the two companions you haven't meet.

Raph walks over to his dropped spear, and picks it up. he looks back to the party. "Me stay here now, me help fight the red-uglies. and maybe save elf man again.

Zane
12-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Mursharr shakes his head at Barravas's question, just as Raph comments on the approaching horde. "Mursharr must warn city, nothing more important. Go fight Raph, save elf Ves." With that said, Mursharr mount back up on his horse as quickly as he can and takes off towards the city.

Ride check: (d20=7)+5 = 12
Spot check: (d20=16)+8 = 24
Listen check: (d20=1)+8 = 9

The Wandering Bard
12-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Mursharr, you mount the horse with the ease of of a skill horseman. you have about 1 mile left to the town.

(I'm putting this way so others can post if they would like. i will check again later and if no one has posted i will continue from here.)

Anaesthesia
12-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Sparkle follows behind Musharr on the pony.

Ride- d20+2=13

Fsuphilosophy09
12-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Seth gets on his horse (as best he can that is) and tries to follow closely behind.... [1d20+4]=> [6,4]= 10

The Wandering Bard
12-22-2007, 07:07 PM
The clatter of the horses is not enough to drown out the sounds of a feirce battle going on behind the party.

the horses race on....Within minutes the companions are outside the walls of the city. from a small walkway a head appears. its heavily bearded face bearly visiable over the white stone walls.

"Speak. and know that ye has more than a dozen bolts pointed at ye."

after a second the gruff voices calles out. "Tis a black day for us all, May Voth guide."

Zane
12-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Mursharr pauses for a moment, making sure the half-hidden voice was finished before calling out, "Elf Ves want Mursharr to tell Ingris Murse that Voths light shines like the Moon at noon." Mursharr takes a moment to look behind to see how close the battle is.

headeast76
12-23-2007, 08:15 AM
Barravas holds on and seems to be doing ok on his horse (Ride check=1D20+6=10) as we hear this declaration he puffs up his chest and stares at the guards, "Are you authorized to raise an alarm? Theres war coming and quickly upon our heels, we were sent to warn your small town of an impending invasion from flea bitten Hobgoblins and such so be letting us through so we might orginize some kind of defense against the attack...."

Zane
12-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Mursharr looks over to Barravas, and quietly asks, "What light is this Voth? Mursharr see many days, but never moon at noon."

headeast76
12-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Barravas looks over and says "Be ready for anything Mursharr I never did figure those elves out and I don't like the sound of a moon at noon." With that Barravas unsheathes his ax and rests it across his shoulder keeping a roaming watch of our surroundings Spot Check (1d20+-1
18+-1 = 17)

The Wandering Bard
12-23-2007, 07:41 PM
"Aye, I am Ingris Murse. If the commander be telling you the alarm phrase, than the horde is closer than we thought. Get ye inside these here gates. the commander knows of a portal that will allow him entrance."

The head disappears and a few seconds later the thick wooden doors open wide to allow the party in. a few feet back from the open doors is a large contingent of dwarven warriors. At the head of the group is the one you recogize as Igris. he is clad in thick steel plate, On the chest of the platemail is a closed fist, which holds a book. from his side hangs large hammer, its golden head looks like an exact copy of the one the warmage held back in the war camp.

"I am Ingris as I have told ye, I am the Ranking priest of Voth the Lorekeep. God of Wisdom. Be ye welcome, but know ye are under my protection as long as these walls stand. Come now, ye should find your places until the commander returns....if he returns. We will plan the defense, and if need be, send out a party to spread word of the attack."

(A description of the city is on the first page. You are currently at the merc camps, and training grounds. you have time to buy supplies if you need to. just post what you wish to buy. also are taverns, and churches as well.)

OOC: we will take it slow for a few days, this will allow the party to converse if you so wish, also purchase supplies and what have you. We will continue into the coming battle after christmas.

Fsuphilosophy09
12-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Seth rides slowly into the gates ahead of the party and motions to everyone else to follow.

Seth immediately walks about the town searching for someone dealing weapons.

Anaesthesia
12-24-2007, 08:46 PM
Sparkle will follow the others inside.

The Wandering Bard
12-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Seth there is a weapon smith about 40 in front of the party, he has a small shop in which you can order your supplies.

there is also a small merchants shack about 20 ft. to the left of the weaponsmith.

(OOC: You can all add 3 platinum peices and 3 gold pieces to your sheets, as loot from the hobgoblin ambushers. Amoung the pile of ashes the remains of the hobgoblin leader was a masterwork short sword and a potion of cure light wounds. the party can decide what to do with them.)

The Wandering Bard
12-28-2007, 09:40 PM
"Good day to ya. I am called Kurtis, if ya needin anything just let old Kurtis here know, and if I can find it in my stocks, its yours for a small fee of course."

(you can request anything from the PHB, and equipment guide. just ask old Kurtis, the prices are the same as in the book.)

OOC: the battle will start on 1-2-08 this should allow every one enough time to purchase their supplies (if any) and enjoy their holidays.

Riftwalker
12-29-2007, 12:07 AM
Seryl (to Kurtis): "I'm in the market for some arrows..."

OOC: I'd like to purchase the following:
2 Sleep arrows ((DMG 228) Damage is nonlethal; target must make DC 11 Will save or fall asleep).
20 normal arrowsCost determined as follows below. Let me know if all of this is ok. Seryl puts the 20 normal arrows into her backpack and the rest into her quiver.


A Sleep arrow is 132 gp. (DMG: 228).
20 just plain old regular arrows are 1 gp (PHB: 117)

Total: 132 gp + 132 gp + 1 gp = 265 gp.



Seryl's Status:
HP: 15 / 17
Turn Undead Attempts: 6 / 6
Greater Turning Attempt (Sun domain power): 1 / 1
Spells:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Virtue, Resistance
Level 1: Bless, Hide from Undead, Command, Entangle (Domain Spell)
Level 2: Hold Person, Barkskin (Domain Spell)Items:
Arrows: 14
Potion of Cure Light Wounds: 5
Potion of Sanctuary: 2
Potion of Protection from Evil: 2

Anaesthesia
12-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Sparkle nods to Kurtis, and proceeds to buy the following:
Ink (vial)-1 gp
Scroll/Map case-1 gp
Blank Book (100 pages)-15 gp (used spell book price)
8 pieces of parchment (stored in Scroll case)-2 gp
Spyglass-1,000 gp
Inkpen-1 sp

And in the weaponsmith shop:
1 Dagger (2 gp)

OOC-I realised a week or 2 ago I didn't buy some of this stuff. :o

OOC-Did anyone take that one vial of cure light wounds? If not, I'll take it.

Zane
12-29-2007, 06:57 PM
((OOC: Riftwalker - check your PMs. And no - Mursharr did not take the potion.))

Mursharr enters, but pauses shortly after entering the city as if in shock. He spends a few moments just standing there, taking in the sights. He finally shakes his head and turns back to Ingris. "Elf Ves tell Mursharr to go to mountains for him. Mursharr will need way out and directions, Ingris help Mursharr with information?"

Riftwalker
12-29-2007, 09:48 PM
OOC: Revised items purchased due to Zane correcting my pricing. See above post. (Thanks Zane!)

Fsuphilosophy09
12-30-2007, 02:59 PM
OOC: Um sadly my character on my pc is damaged so when I get a chance i need to move him to something else then I will purchase but im tentatively looking at a dagger of returning..

The Wandering Bard
12-30-2007, 03:48 PM
The merchants hand out the items, taking the payments in return. (everyone deduct your expenses from your own sheets, i will deduct them from the copies i have.)

OOC: Seth no problem, If your character has the funds, or things to sell then You will be able to purchase the dagger of returning when you are able to.

Ingris looks to Mursharr, taking a moment to make sure he understands the scout. "Aye lad. I will aid you but I can't access the scouts until Ves arrives, they all were sent with him and they woul dhave better information than I can give you."

Zane
12-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Mursharr nods in Ingris, agreeing to wait for information. He takes a few moments scanning the marketplace, seeing how the process of shopping works for the others before stepping up to place his order. "Mursharr needs pair of vial with drink to protect from evil. Mursharr knew shamans that could do this, can you? Mursharr also like more arrows like this one." Mursharr shows the merchant one of the high quality arrows that Casine gave him.

((OOC: 2 potions of Protection from evil and 20 masterwork arrows - total of 221 gp.))

headeast76
01-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Barravas doesn't stray far from Mursharr's side inside the walls, He is just keeping his eyes scanning the crowd (Spot check) 1d20-1
15-1 = 14

The Wandering Bard
01-03-2008, 08:21 PM
(happy new year to every one, welcome to 08')

The sound of tearing fabric joults everyones attention in the area. a vast blue flame appears out of the very air. as every one watchs, they can see several forms moving from inside the flame.

OOC: Barravas heads up a PM coming your way.

Riftwalker
01-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Seryl readies an arrow to attack anything from the blue flame that initiates a hostile action.

Seryl's Status:
HP: 15 / 17
Turn Undead Attempts: 6 / 6
Greater Turning Attempt (Sun domain power): 1 / 1
Spells:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Virtue, Resistance
Level 1: Bless, Hide from Undead, Command, Entangle (Domain Spell)
Level 2: Hold Person, Barkskin (Domain Spell)Items:
Arrows: 34
Sleep Arrows: 2
Potion of Cure Light Wounds: 5
Potion of Sanctuary: 2
Potion of Protection from Evil: 2

Anaesthesia
01-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Know(arcana):7+(d20)=11
Bardic Knowledge: 4+(d20)=16

Sparkle will ready herself, holding the rapier.

headeast76
01-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Barravas stops short and says"I can see several figures inside the flame. you can see them rather clearly. its the other party. Ves is walking towards us, what I assume is the exit of the flameing portal. behind them I see a few others. the form of the Bard and the Warmage seem to be carrying someone, after a moment, it is the cleric of Illion Aesar as I recall is his name. Three smaller figures are around them. the smallest one, carrying a large spear glances around nervously. and a small girlish form darts back and forth from Ves to the Bard. they all look wounded and worn.
they will be in the town in moments.

Fsuphilosophy09
01-04-2008, 03:55 AM
"It is our comrades they must have suffered some serious wounds the fighting must have been harsh indeed"

Riftwalker
01-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Seryl unreadies the arrow and rushes to the comrades, attempting to discern which (if any) requires healing.

To determine who needs healing (use whichever is more appropriate):
Spot check (d20 + 3) = 12
Heal check (d20 + 6) = 21

The Wandering Bard
01-04-2008, 07:58 PM
The small group bursts out of the flaming portal.

"thank the gods. I never thought we would make it." a quiet voice replies. the voice belonging to the young girl standing by the bards side. from the looks of her she is around 12 years of age. she wipes her grim covered hands on her pants then hisses and looks down at her hands, small blisters cover the girl's palms.

"Come, Aesar needs healing, thank you Seryl, i couldn't stop the bleeding, I ran out of healing ointments and magic in the battle. " the elven commander replys. "we have but a few hours before the horde reaches the gates. ready the seige weapons. Double the guard and watch. we need to make sure that they don't get any past us." the elven commander goes about preparing the defenses.

as the party walks towards the temples. "Come we have much to discuss." the warmage says to the party. The low growl of the leopard at his side seemingly emphisising the mans words.

The Wandering Bard
01-04-2008, 08:13 PM
the group now including your party marches towards the temperary hospital that has been created, various people rush here and there preparing for the coming siege. the Nathian and Kadion lay the young cleric of Illion on a small cot and turn towards the others as several people step forward to attend the young man.

(Map coming soon.)

"The rest of the troops have either died in the fighter, or are in flight towards the nearest cities to give word of the spread of the Goblinoid army. we were set upon by giants, Massive beings in stone armor much like our dwarven friends wear. our weapons did little to harm them, though the traps and magic that we had prepared slowed them down greatly. the situation is much worse than we had anticipated. Aesar managed to scry the leader of the Goblinoids, and though we did not see him, or it, we did see that the army is much larger than we thought, what we have been fighting is just one of the armies flanks. there must be thousands of them, we noted trolls, goblins, ogres, bugbears, orcs, giants, and several other races all amassing and training for a fight. our only hope is to get messangers to the heads of the various kingdoms in the area, draw our allies together and stand as one, but we cannot hold against the Lord of Shadows, as he is known, if he is in league with the leader of the horde. we will need your party to find the seer, the seer can tell you how to defeat the Lord of shadows or at least give you advice, more than I or any other here. " The elven commanders eyes harden the orbs sharpen as if in anger.

"We know the seer is to the south, but we have heard that he is to the west. I will gather what research I can and prepare you a few things to help you on your journey." Ingris states, his thick beard seeming to muffle his deep voice. "But for now, as I gather what you need, you will need to help the commander defend the city. I will pray to my god for guidence. "

Zane
01-05-2008, 03:27 AM
Barravas doesn't stray far from Mursharr's side inside the walls.After his shopping, Mursharr just wanders around, not going anywhere, but appears to be simply experiencing the bustle of the city. Once Barravas mentions the portal, he turns to watch the incoming group, but remains silent for the time.
The small group bursts out of the flaming portal..."we have but a few hours before the horde reaches the gates. ready the seige weapons. Double the guard and watch. we need to make sure that they don't get any past us." the elven commander goes about preparing the defenses.

as the party walks towards the temples. "Come we have much to discuss." the warmage says to the party. The low growl of the leopard at his side seemingly emphisising the mans words.As the elf Ves speaks of siege weapons and the plan, Mursharr tilts his head to the side, as if he was studying the elven commander; but follows along, sparing a number of glances down at the leopard.
"We know the seer is to the south, but we have heard that he is to the west. I will gather what research I can and prepare you a few things to help you on your journey." Ingris states, his thick beard seeming to muffle his deep voice. "But for now, as I gather what you need, you will need to help the commander defend the city. I will pray to my god for guidence. "Mursharr nods to Ingris, "Mursharr ready to run when told to. Mursharr can run and hide and find seer." Mursharr pauses for a moment, and draws himself back ever so slightly, "Errr, Mursharr will do best to find seer, Mursharr not too good at seeking game, better at hiding. Mursharr will help until needed to go, but Mursharr best when moving, not know if place for Mursharr."

Riftwalker
01-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Seryl casts Cure Light Wounds on whoever needs it most (Aesar?).

(Heals for 1d8 + 3 = 8.)

OOC: Who else in the group needs healing?

Seryl's Status:
HP: 15 / 17
Turn Undead Attempts: 6 / 6
Greater Turning Attempt (Sun domain power): 1 / 1
Spells:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Virtue, Resistance
Level 1: Bless, Hide from Undead, Command, Entangle (Domain Spell)
Level 2: Hold Person, Barkskin (Domain Spell)Items:
Arrows: 34
Sleep Arrows: 2
Potion of Cure Light Wounds: 5
Potion of Sanctuary: 2
Potion of Protection from Evil: 2

The Wandering Bard
01-06-2008, 05:40 PM
The clerics are taking care of Aesar, as well as any members of the party (your party) who are wounded.

The cleric notes the worn condition of both groups and calls for several attendents to aid. They manage to heal all of the groups wounds with a few spells.

Fsuphilosophy09
01-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Seth grimly walks back and forth and then decides to speak to Ves "Whats our next course of action we must prepare a defense here how can I aide you Ves?"

The Wandering Bard
01-10-2008, 08:44 PM
The Elven man looks at the group. "Ladies and gentlemen. we have a wall section that is roughly 250ft. in lenght and will need to be guarded to prevent any of the goblin kin from mounting or scaling the walls. that will not be your position as it will be the most intense and once engaged it will be unlikely that you will be able to free yourselves fast enough to escape with your mission. instead, we know that the enemy has use of magic. and has the ability to teleport places. we fear that they will try to deposit troops inside of the city walls to attack the defenders from two fronts. this cannot be allowed to happen. I will have other patrols around the town. be I need your group to keep the center of the town clear,this will be the hospital area, the command area. and the fall back point. if these are lost than so are we. I can also recall some of the patrols to hold those areas after your party has left to find the seer."

(Map coming soon, i just have to do a little editing. sorry for the delay.)

OOC: I can't remember if Ves has given the party the communications pendent. if not then continue reading.

"We intend to fall back and escape through a series of tunnels dug by the dwarves several years ago, I will need to stay behind and coordinate the defenses and I stay with my men. I will fight with them. I have ways to survive fear not. Here take this. If I still live, you will be able to communicate with me, but only for a short while. I intend to lead a small party as well in search of the seer if we escape this place. I will follow one of the other leads on the seers location. you need but say "Undeth Serie Conjole" and I will be able to hear and talk with you. I fear I will not see any of you again, for a while at least so have my thanks and my the gods watch over your souls."

the elf hands Barravas a small glittering pendent. the thing looks like a small ball of woven golden and silver wire. but upon further inspection it reveals that it is actually a finely wrought globe of the planet. its small about the tip of ones thumb. and it hangs on a small but study steel chain. (Barravas you may hold it or give it to another. I rolled to see who would receive the chain and Barravas was the number I rolled.)

OOC: I will be starting a page that will list what treasure have been gained and who has them in a few days.

headeast76
01-11-2008, 08:50 AM
The Elven man looks at the group. "Ladies and gentlemen. we have a wall section that is roughly 250ft. in lenght and will need to be guarded to prevent any of the goblin kin from mounting or scaling the walls. that will not be your position as it will be the most intense and once engaged it will be unlikely that you will be able to free yourselves fast enough to escape with your mission. instead, we know that the enemy has use of magic. and has the ability to teleport places. we fear that they will try to deposit troops inside of the city walls to attack the defenders from two fronts. this cannot be allowed to happen. I will have other patrols around the town. be I need your group to keep the center of the town clear,this will be the hospital area, the command area. and the fall back point. if these are lost than so are we. I can also recall some of the patrols to hold those areas after your party has left to find the seer."

(Map coming soon, i just have to do a little editing. sorry for the delay.)

OOC: I can't remember if Ves has given the party the communications pendent. if not then continue reading.

"We intend to fall back and escape through a series of tunnels dug by the dwarves several years ago, I will need to stay behind and coordinate the defenses and I stay with my men. I will fight with them. I have ways to survive fear not. Here take this. If I still live, you will be able to communicate with me, but only for a short while. I intend to lead a small party as well in search of the seer if we escape this place. I will follow one of the other leads on the seers location. you need but say "Undeth Serie Conjole" and I will be able to hear and talk with you. I fear I will not see any of you again, for a while at least so have my thanks and my the gods watch over your souls."

the elf hands Barravas a small glittering pendent. the thing looks like a small ball of woven golden and silver wire. but upon further inspection it reveals that it is actually a finely wrought globe of the planet. its small about the tip of ones thumb. and it hangs on a small but study steel chain. (Barravas you may hold it or give it to another. I rolled to see who would receive the chain and Barravas was the number I rolled.)

OOC: I will be starting a page that will list what treasure have been gained and who has them in a few days.


Barravas looks up at Elven man with a wierd look upon his face and says "Not to be ungreatful but me and magic doo hickies don't really get along too well.... so no offense but I think if someone else carried this as it seems quite important" looking around Barravas tries to figure out whom would be best suited to carry such a thing. Seth seems like the best choice in this situation so after locating him Barravas walks up to him and says "Seth would you please take this device for the sake of the group?"

Anaesthesia
01-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Sparkle admires the pendant.

Zane
01-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Mursharr the Amulet you hold is a Starstone. It was given to my by my family years ago before I left Summerset Isle. It will allow you to speak with me from a great distance. It can be given freely among friends, but never taken by an enemy. the magic makes itimpossible to remove with out the wearers approval. It also has minor protective properties placed on it.
OOC: I can't remember if Ves has given the party the communications pendent. if not then continue reading. ((OOC: Mursharr does have the Starstone (see above), but we could easily strike the communication aspect from the record.))

The Elven man looks at the group. "Ladies and gentlemen. we have a wall section that is roughly 250ft. in lenght and will need to be guarded to prevent any of the goblin kin from mounting or scaling the walls. that will not be your position as it will be the most intense and once engaged it will be unlikely that you will be able to free yourselves fast enough to escape with your mission. instead, we know that the enemy has use of magic. and has the ability to teleport places. we fear that they will try to deposit troops inside of the city walls to attack the defenders from two fronts. this cannot be allowed to happen. I will have other patrols around the town. be I need your group to keep the center of the town clear,this will be the hospital area, the command area. and the fall back point. if these are lost than so are we. I can also recall some of the patrols to hold those areas after your party has left to find the seer."
Mursharr nods to Ves, the hood of his cloak bobbing slightly with his head. "Mursharr help fight until told to go."

The Wandering Bard
01-13-2008, 08:27 PM
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj183/thewanderingbard/Citydefensemaps2.gif?t=1200277070

OOC: heres the map for the pre-battle layout of the city. This time it is numbered and lettered (think of it as a strange verson of battleship. :) ) please tell me where you would like your character situated.


The party notices the Guard tower in the center of the city is bolted shut and boarded to prevent entrance. it becomes appearent that there is something very important in the building and faliure to protect it would be grave.

Zane
01-15-2008, 11:24 AM
((OOC: Couple questions - I see "Escape area" listed - but where did we enter from, thus where the hobs and gobs will attack from? And there are the streets, but is the light gray areas that we can move around as well? Otherwise, it seems difficult to watch over the central areas.))

The Wandering Bard
01-16-2008, 12:04 AM
OOC: ok, now ignore the light gray areas, those are sidewalks. the brown areas are buildings. The start areas are where the hobgoblins will enter. you are in the area between the four buildings. sorry i should have been more specific.

Riftwalker
01-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Seryl positions herself at N12 and readies an arrow, peeking out from around the corner of the hospital. She readies an action to shoot any hostile target in the south-west starting area assuming there's only a negligible chance of hurting a friendly target.

headeast76
01-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Barravas looks around and puts his back to the wall(on map = O/7) and readies his battle ax in a defensive posture muttering something about worthless hobs not having any gold or even good weapons to plunder after ripping them apart

Anaesthesia
01-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Sparkle will take up a position near Seryl and readies her rapier.

The Wandering Bard
01-16-2008, 04:01 PM
The sounds of battle start to rise as the horde slams against the walls of the city like the waves of an ocean. Tides of rust and olive colored bodies screaming and chanting. The sounds continue for a while. You all can hear the sounds of swords and axes banging against metal. The sounds of chanting and various explosions.
A few moments later a small being in fur appears amid a small puff of smoke. It throws several objects to the ground and they flare up into gates of flame. From which several creatures emerge. (a1 a2 a3 b2 and b3 contain the emerging hon goblins. C1 holds a small goblin mage)

Map update coming soon. As well as initiative.

Fsuphilosophy09
01-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Seth runs at full speed to W13 preparing himself for combat he draws two daggers mean while keeping himself alert to listen for his comrades and their requests for aide

Zane
01-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Mursharr moves next to Barravas, finding a spot that gives him a large field of view ((O8)). He knocks up an arrow, holding it in place with a finger, as he uses his other hand to shield the front of his hood as he scans for signs of the intruders. Of course, such measures turned out to be unnecessary as the gates of flame easily catch his eyes. "Mursharr and dwarf Barravas fight, hobs and gobs die," he says with a touch of eagerness in his voice, drawing his bow on the newly arrived enemies.

The Wandering Bard
01-18-2008, 12:11 AM
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj183/thewanderingbard/Citydefenseset-upprebattle.jpg?t=1200636021

heres the link to the pre-battle set-up.

Initative.
Hobgoblin1(A1)=17
Seth=16
Mursharr=16
Hobgoblin5(B1)=14
Barravas=11
Goblinmage=10
Sparkle=9
Seryl=8
Hobgoblin3(A2)=7
Hobgoblin2(A3)=5
Hobgoblin4(B2)=4

OOC: I can see that the map might need a little explaining. so here we go. the Dark Gray area's are water ways, sewage and such. small bridges can be seen as well, but they are darker gray as well, the difference is they take up half a square. I will correct this as soon as possilble. the light gray and green are streets and such. ignore the green.

Zane
01-19-2008, 12:28 AM
((OOC: So, since one of the hobgoblins acts first, can you have him take his action? Mursharr's action is going to depend on the hobgoblins...))

The Wandering Bard
01-19-2008, 05:24 PM
OOC: Yep, sorry work caught up with me last night.

The Hobgoblin pushes past its other kin and moves to F4