PDA

View Full Version : Kaligus checking in...

Kaligus
10-20-2007, 04:08 AM
I am almost as old as dust, been playing since 1978-ish and have the books to show for it O_o (how can a person gather that many books about things as silly as a game LOL)

I have not played with physical people for a couple of years, and think that is changing even as I type :)

Don't have a particular world or era but so far have only played seriously in the fantasy realm.

Current projects include updating my database and record sheet generation (which started on a Commodore Pet, "The manager" with dual floppies and a pitifully slow /noisy dot matrix printer...) using the 3.5 SRD from 3E

rabkala
10-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Well met. Lurk no longer Kaligus, for you can find a home here at Pen & Paper Games (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/index.php) . Hopefully with some persistence, you will find some like minded players soon as well.

PhishStyx
10-20-2007, 12:15 PM
how can a person gather that many books about things as silly as a game LOL

Well, I started by getting a bigger space for them. :D

Moritz
10-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Heya Kaligus, glad to have someone in my age group. These young punks don't know how to respect their elders.

Feel free to jump right in on the forums and share some of your wisdom with the rest of us.

Skunkape
10-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Heya Kaligus, glad to have someone in my age group. These young punks don't know how to respect their elders.

Feel free to jump right in on the forums and share some of your wisdom with the rest of us.

Obviously you need to have your eyesight checked cuz there are others of us who are close to your age, if not older than you by a few years.:D

Moritz
10-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Oh now that would be cool, have a demographics listing on age of the members here. :)

Kaligus
10-24-2007, 04:55 AM
Obviously you need to have your eyesight checked cuz there are others of us who are close to your age, if not older than you by a few years.:D

O_o thus the 'almost' as old as dust LOL... many of the people I started playing with are still playing and a good 10 years closer to dust than I.

And just for fun I looked at my profile... not sure how I manage to be so far away from my self, but its kind of cool to say that I am -2147483648 miles from myself

Kaligus
10-24-2007, 04:56 AM
Thanks all for the welcome, group found, 1st character mercilessly killed for quickness of action (also called stupidity in other circles).

Skunkape
10-24-2007, 06:49 AM
O_o thus the 'almost' as old as dust LOL... many of the people I started playing with are still playing and a good 10 years closer to dust than I.

Ah, but you're much closer to my dust than Mr. Moritz!:cool:

Not that I'm having a contest or anything mind you!:D

Moritz
10-24-2007, 07:30 AM
That's Dr. Moritz :)

And yeah, I'm old. Never really thought it would be interesting being old. But from where I sit now, having the experiences I've had, I sort of like it.