PDA

View Full Version : Post-apocalyptic pbp game

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-15-2007, 11:08 AM
So I saw the new Resident Evil movie over the weekend and it has me in the mood for a post-apocalyptic RPG.

Anyone interested?

Anyone know of an already existing post-apocalyptic RPG? I was thinking about adapting d20 modern since I am most familiar with the d20 system.

That or a Star Wars Saga Edition pbp game.

Any takers?

The Wandering Bard
10-15-2007, 03:57 PM
I would love to play a dark version of D&D, Undead are numerous in the D&D worlds and you get an easy rpg to play, with lots of room for inovation.

If you decide to do this let me know I would be intrested.

spotlight
10-15-2007, 05:54 PM
I would love to join a post-apocalptic RPG. However, the everybodies undead experience just doesn't quite do it for me. Now if most have some sort of mutation and sre not out to eat my brains ... THAT I might try.

Where would start such a game? Earth, Mars, Homebrew?

spotlight
10-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Whoops, I miss read what you typed. I thought you meant Play-By-Post (pbp). I waz lookin' at tha ledderz afta tha steer warz thang.

Sorry, I sometimes let the redneck out a little tooo much.

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-16-2007, 10:11 AM
It would indeed be play by post.

And they would be much more than zombies! But of course there would be zombies in spades.

I would set it on earth and pick a continent at random.

I'll probably have to throw in Vampires too because I love me some vamps!

The Wandering Bard
10-16-2007, 10:34 AM
If you find a system to play, let me know I would be intrested in playing.

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-16-2007, 11:56 AM
If you find a system to play, let me know I would be intrested in playing.

I will indeed!

Now to hit google search!

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-16-2007, 12:34 PM
I am going to go with the d20 Modern and d20 Apocalypse setting.

I am sure there will be modified rules drawing from Star Wars Saga Edition and draw some ideas/equipment from d20 Future also.

I think I might add in Psionics too.

You need to watch the latest Resident Evil movie and you will understand what I am trying to get at.

Is anyone else familiar with d20 Modern?

Wastelander75
10-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I used it when I ran a post-apoc game a while back.Worked pretty good.

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks.

Dr-Online
10-18-2007, 02:08 AM
I am in fact disturbingly interested in this.

Is that wrong?

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Not at all!

It should be awesome!

Dr-Online
10-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Capital!

Soooo, what now?

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-19-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm going to do some rule combining between d20 Modern and Star Wars Saga Edition and figure in a way to work in psionics too.

So this might take awhile.

I'll keep everyone up to date.

pawnshopbutcher
11-06-2007, 01:00 AM
Hey, I've been waiting for a d20 modern, dark future style game (plus zombies and vampires...that's never a bad thing)...it will give me an excuse to get the books. I'm intrested.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Im in.. i been dreaming of being an umbrella soldier.. will you allow the use of rifles' etc?

Inquisitor Tremayne
11-07-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm sure rifles will factor in.

Give me some time. I'm doing some rules mash ups with Saga and d20 Modern and deciding on what I want to use and all that.

Plus with the holidays coming up, yikes! Probably after the new year.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-07-2007, 02:06 PM
sweet perhaps we can play over klooge or open rpg :) pretty please

Inquisitor Tremayne
11-09-2007, 10:59 AM
I kinda want to do it play by post. Keep it old school you know.

And the fact that my home computer likes to crap out at the most inconvenient times, I think it would be better to do posting.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-09-2007, 02:54 PM
sweet im in then lemme know when its ready or if ya need any help

PhishStyx
11-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Just noticed this thread (don't check this area much), but there are lots of RPG's devoted to virtually every style of post-apocalyptic scenario anyone have thought of.

Rifts covers the "kitchen sink" concept with everything from high tech to magics. You can play everything from wizard to dragon to battlemech pilot (there are even magical battlemechs in addition to the technological ones).

The Wandering Bard
11-09-2007, 07:02 PM
That would be awsome to play as a dragon, I have always wanted to try that. But I like the Idea of a SWAT like character trying to survive. I'm thinking 9mm Pistol, 2 Knives, and A 50cal. Barret. BOOM SHAKA LAKA

or you could go all, Army of Darkness, with the shotgun and catchy phrase like "Hail to the King baby" or "shop smart, shop S mart." haha classic.

PhishStyx
11-09-2007, 07:07 PM
http://www.edenstudios.net/aodrpg/EDN6300.jpg

http://www.edenstudios.net/aodrpg/products.html

PhishStyx
11-09-2007, 07:10 PM
But I like the Idea of a SWAT like character trying to survive. I'm thinking 9mm Pistol, 2 Knives, and A 50cal. Barret. BOOM SHAKA LAKA

That's very easily done in the AoD game.

The Wandering Bard
11-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Yeah.......that would be great. Man now I want to watch that movie again and here I am stick at work. Crap!

I just watched the second Resident Evil movie yesterday and I agree, I like the Human survivor thing. makes for a cool story.

Toren Utgard
12-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Totally sounds like a good idea man.:cool:

*Begins thinking of a telekinetic gunslinger...or maybe a shotgun wielding psycho...or maybe a futuristic assassin*

Fsuphilosophy09
12-31-2007, 01:32 AM
I know!! but to be honest... I want to play a straight up melee fighter... maybe rock some spiked bras knuckles or two stylish knives of some sort but over all able to be mobile and deadly

Bloodwyrm
01-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Hey Ill Play Any PBP Just Count Me in And Lemme Know The Type Of Game So I Can Prepare.

lustyvixen
01-03-2008, 09:15 PM
I would love to do a pbp post apocolyptic game. lemme know what you come up with! :)

rabkala
01-06-2008, 04:25 PM
That's like 10 players, counting me. Inquisitor Tremayne, I would even volunteer to be a zombie. ;)

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-06-2008, 10:41 PM
I guess I better get my butt in gear then!

10 players!?

That's a lot of zombie enemies!!!!

MMMMWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Toren Utgard
01-10-2008, 06:58 PM
I await the chance to mindlessly massacre the undead and whatever caused the outbreak of zombieness.

The Wandering Bard
01-18-2008, 01:26 AM
Man my trigger finger is just iching for some zombies in their sights.

progbass
01-20-2008, 10:43 PM
I would be interested in converting the d20 modern system to a SAGA compatible system, maybe I could crunch the skills for you?

An easy way to do tagged skills would be this: Instead of multiplying by 4 at first level, just take x number + int modifier and use that as a base number for trained skills.

I would advise keeping the Class system the same, but change the BAB progressions to fractional. Meaning multi-class characters of non-combat classes don't get punished. Works like this :

If class tops out at +10 BAB, gain +1 BAB per level

If class tops out at +7 BAB, gain +.75 per level

If class tops out at +5 BAB, gain +.5 BAB per level

Take a Charismatic 1/ Dedicated 1 character. Originally, that character would be level 2 with no BAB, but under these rules, the character has +1.25, rounding down would be +1 BAB, making multi-classing more open and user friendly.

If you would like, I could crunch the skill lists and re-do class skills for all basic classes, making it more like SAGA

I'm happy to help with many different GM house rules, as I am interested in converting everything for my next D20 campaign

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-22-2008, 12:40 PM
I would be interested in converting the d20 modern system to a SAGA compatible system, maybe I could crunch the skills for you?

An easy way to do tagged skills would be this: Instead of multiplying by 4 at first level, just take x number + int modifier and use that as a base number for trained skills.

I would advise keeping the Class system the same, but change the BAB progressions to fractional. Meaning multi-class characters of non-combat classes don't get punished. Works like this :

If class tops out at +10 BAB, gain +1 BAB per level

If class tops out at +7 BAB, gain +.75 per level

If class tops out at +5 BAB, gain +.5 BAB per level

Take a Charismatic 1/ Dedicated 1 character. Originally, that character would be level 2 with no BAB, but under these rules, the character has +1.25, rounding down would be +1 BAB, making multi-classing more open and user friendly.

If you would like, I could crunch the skill lists and re-do class skills for all basic classes, making it more like SAGA

I'm happy to help with many different GM house rules, as I am interested in converting everything for my next D20 campaign

Awesome!! Truth be told I still haven't picked up the d20 core book yet. I do have the Apocalypse supplement though.

I say go ahead and do your conversion and when I get my book (in 2 weeks) we will compare notes.

Awesome!

progbass
01-23-2008, 12:48 PM
yeah, like I said, I'm hosting a game on the other forums, and I'm probably following the same rule set. Let me crunch it tonight, and I'll edit it in to this post. Mainly, I'll just be compressing skill sets tonight, and maybe edit the class skills for basic classes.

What level are you starting the characters at?

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-23-2008, 01:53 PM
I might mix up the levels depending on character background.

progbass
01-23-2008, 05:54 PM
here is a link to the game I'm setting up, which contains the modified skill list. I'll notify you guys when I update it (such as adding class skills and the like)

Sanitarium Pre-Game (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=14903472#post14903472)

Updated to include -> class skills, Vitality and Wound Points, extra feats, and modified class skill calculator to further balance game.

progbass
01-24-2008, 04:23 PM
worked on it again today, this time making more conversion rules clearer, and added small stuff like defenses calculator.

only real major thing added was some of the Advanced Classes. still have many more to do...ugh

Anyone feel like compiling the information into a .pdf for other GMs to use? After I'm finished of course

Wolvenone
04-21-2008, 06:32 AM
Are you still looking for players?

Roderz
04-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Ditto.

I'll be running a D20 Apocalypse Campaign with my playing group when we finish the Saga Campaign I've been running. It is such a great setting.

Wolvenone
04-21-2008, 07:24 AM
Got an eta on when and will it be online? I would love to play.