PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Prattville, AL!

Malruhn
10-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Ahoy, y'all!

I'm a Coast Guardsman that is out of his element, working for the Air Force, and am dying to find some gamers to play with!! Recently stationed here in the Bible Belt, I've just about dried up trying to look for gamers... there aren't many around.

I've been playing D&D since 1980, and originally learned with the original six (small) books. I started DMing two weeks later, and, if my players over the decades are accurate, have gotten the hang of it. I have a homebrew world that has bits and pieces of nearly every published game world and fantasy book series included somewhere.

My gaming style is high-fantasy, and a mix of about 50/50 of combat and role-playing. Like my profile says, Charisma is NOT a dump stat in my game! Since my migration to 3.5, I've dumped nearly all my house-rules (there were three 3" binders worth... I'm down to two pages of text!), and they are there to address common sense issues. If a player has a problem with either the RAW or my homerules, bring it up, I'm amenable to hear any argument and make a decision at that time.

Please drop a PM or an e-mail... I'm dying to start a new group! There is ONE gaming store within 50 miles, and with the religious attitude here, you can't leave notes in libraries and the like... unless you want to be harassed. GRAB YOUR DICE AND BE PREPARED TO PLAY!!

Moritz
10-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Welcome Malruhn.

In your search for local gamers, check the player registry here. You can search by zip code/region and type of game.

Also, feel free to jump right in on the forum fun.

Moritz