PDA

View Full Version : Halloween & Holiday

rabkala
10-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Does anyone plan on playing anything special for the upcoming Halloween weekend? I usually don't do anything for Halloween games, due to partys and such. I was thinking of pulling out a special side trek for the weekend before though.

I have run special things for Christmas and Aprils fools day with great success. My Christmas encounter revolved around the Heat Miser and Cod Miser in the Rudolph claymation special. I ran a April fools day side trek that was all about Strawberry Shortcake and her arch nemesis The Peculiar Purple Pie-man of Porcupine Peak (ya ta ta, ta ta,ta ta,ta ta, tata ta).

Any ideas?

Digital Arcanist
10-14-2007, 11:24 AM
My only thought is that you need to not watch, speak of, or think of Strawberry Shortcake ever again.......

This Halloween I will be partying with friends and recovering for a few days after.

PhishStyx
10-15-2007, 01:26 PM
In fact, I was recently thinking about trying to get my daughter into roleplaying and what I could do toward that end. One of my thoughts was that a Strawberry Shortcake game my just do it. The only problem there is that Shortcake stories (and Care Bear stories) are extremely bland since they're focused on very small children.

And then I realized she also likes Supergirl. . .

For you Rabkala, I suggest you run a horror game, Call of Cthulhu, perhaps.

Moritz
10-15-2007, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't curse any child to the lives we lived. The moment the other girls get wind that a girl roleplays, she's suddenly an outcast. That's a lot harder on girls than boys. Especially in grade school. College not so much cause everyone's got their own thing going. But high school, ouch.

Malruhn
10-15-2007, 03:17 PM
My middle daughter is 12 and has gamed for almost two years. She is one of three stars on her soccer team, just made the Junior High basketball team, and had THREE guys ask her to the junior high homecoming dance two weeks ago.

She is also currently playing a 4th level rogue/scout (2/2) and is kicking butt and taking names.

The only thing affecting her popularity is her father... who just happened to be cleaning two pistols and a shotgun when the young man came to pick her up for the "date". He turned white when he saw them... and asked if he should get his mom, who was out in the car. I just laughed and told him that I'd be picking them up from the dance at 11:00 - but would be stopping in a couple times to check on the goings-on.

I can be a real butt, sometimes! :lol:

Digital Arcanist
10-15-2007, 07:40 PM
I will do the same thing if I am blessed (or cursed) with female spawn.

PhishStyx
10-16-2007, 12:57 AM
For me, I probably won't do a special game. But since I'm running WitchCraft, every night is Samhain.

Later, it'll be Hogswatchnight.

InfoStorm
10-18-2007, 08:37 AM
I used to run a Call of Cthulhu game every Halloween, or as close as I can get, but haven't been able too since my spawn came around. I've had to cancel my weekly game to walk him around the neighborhood this year.