PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Mudgrubber!

Mudgrubber
10-11-2007, 09:47 PM
My name is Michael Massey, aka Mudgrubber. Mudgrubber was the best dwarf I ever played in AD&D, and I have since converted him to 3E and he is only used as an NPC in my campaign, when the party is in the Western Heartlands of Faerun around the Sunset Mountains.
I first played D&D in 1977, but I truly became a player with the pink and blue box sets in 1981, my junior year in high school, when our Wargames Club became the D&D Club. I have been gaming on weekends ever since, until I got married in 1993 and then I have been gaming as time permits.
I primarily play dwarves because they are stocky, taciturn, and make the best fighters in any D&D game, not to mention I simply love them!
I got into playing Shadowrun when I tried the SNES game. I loved that game very much, and I had heard it was an RPG game, so I thought I would try it out. My first run was among a group of about 20 people, and that really did not work out. Then I was with a couple who was running one-shot games, but I did not like spending hours creating a character and only 5 minutes getting him killed. Thus ended my newbie experience. I got into another group where we had a long campaign and I was able to hone my playing skills. When that group died I found another group, but little did I know that I would end up being the main GM for that group! I suppose running D&D games for so long prepared me for running SR games.
I join this site in the event there are others like myself who enjoy 3E D&D, Shadowrun and maybe some old-school Basic D&D, from the pink and blue box sets, set in what has come to be known as Mystara. There are times when I am nostalgic for the Grand Duchy of Karameikos.

Moritz
10-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Welcome, Good to see someone older than me and having played even longer. Feel free to search the player registry and jump right into the forums.

I personally miss the Keep on the Borderlands and Isle of Dread.