PDA

View Full Version : M&M, MSH, Champions

Moritz
09-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Hey Admin type person Can we get subgroups in this Superheroic group? --Mutants & Masterminds --Marvel Super Heroes (the old system) --Champions Thanks

Farcaster
09-19-2006, 09:54 AM
There are actually people out there who still play the original Marvel Superheroes? WOW! What a classic. I definitely enjoyed that game. I even loved the chart, though I don't favor games that require one. I think I still have the boxed set somewhere :)

Phantom Gamemaster
10-19-2006, 06:33 PM
There are actually people out there who still play the original Marvel Superheroes? WOW! What a classic. I definitely enjoyed that game. I even loved the chart, though I don't favor games that require one. I think I still have the boxed set somewhere :)
as do I I have it in the revised box set but still have the Battle Book,Campaign book and from the new set the roster Book ALOng with dice judges screen and adventures If you interested I could send it to you for say $40.00?:cool:

Moritz
10-19-2006, 09:12 PM

MSH was my first superheroic game, back in 1987. It changed my gaming life. I dropped D&D like a bad apple and jumped into the game full force. I played it and ran it for years. Champions got in the way, muddled me down with numbers and math. Champions lasted for all of 8 years and dropped it reverting back to the MSH system. Ended up having to write over 20 pages of house rules for one rules lawyer player, and decided it wasn't worth trying to run it just because even the simplest rules could be abused by this (or any) person who threw my story out of the window, who was only interested in math. I care about story, not numbers.

You may be interested in www.classicmarvel.com (http://www.classicmarvel.com) . It has hundreds of characters drawn up in the MSH system along with rules, house rules, an adapted Universal Table, and other tidbits.

Moritz

spotlight
11-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Well, now, I have never actually played Marvel's game system, but I have seen bits of it around here and there. I like Champions myself, even if the math does get tedias at times. I have never run it (or any other game system) by the rules, stritcly, anyway. I find the rules to be only tools and guide lines. I let my imagination rule. If you like Marvel that much, stick in a play by post thread and I would gladly make a character to up yer wourld, or at least try to steal all the gold. HEHEHEHEHE