PDA

View Full Version : Hello there...

rcarner
10-02-2007, 06:28 PM
My name is Ryan and I live about 15 miles NE of Pittsburgh, PA. I have been playing D&D off and on (mostly off) since 2nd Edition. I haven't had much time to play for years, but several years ago I had great fun DMing a campaign I created myself with a lot of similarities to Forgotten Realms (I stole their gods and used many of the same themes). It sort of fell apart though with people getting new jobs and moving away, and I never could seem to find a new game through local hobby shops and other usual locations, nor have the time to really do much searching. I am hoping this site changes that...

At this point I am looking with a friend of mine to get into an existing game or be 2 more players for a new game someone may be starting up soon. We are interested mostly in D&D since that is the game system we are most familiar with. Both of us like a nice even mix of hack and slach and role playing. Other than that the only other game I have played is Vampire and that was years ago.

Once 4th edition I may be interested in DMing again, but until then I would just prefer to play in a friendly game with others within 10 miles of my home.

Rashir
02-11-2008, 01:37 PM
no one wants to play with you.

Mulsiphix
02-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum is perfect. Please join us in on any of the various topics being discussed in the forums. For best results taking the initiative to contact players in your area should greatly increase your chances of finding others to game with. Many players are in groups that have openings but since they aren't the GM they don't go out of their way to recruit new players for the game. I wish you the best of luck in finding gaming bliss in the near future.

rabkala
02-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Welcome aboard. Hopefully this site does reunite you with your gaming passion and help you find some players.

rcarner
02-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks Mulsiphix. I just posted my potential campaign based on your advise. And thanks Rabkala for the welcome.

As for you Rashir, just remember which DM is making all those secret skill check rolls for you...

Mulsiphix
02-12-2008, 03:57 PM
As for you Rashir, just remember which DM is making all those secret skill check rolls for you...Bwahahaha! Time to beg for redemption for your hate mongering Rashir. The dogs of war are upon you :cool:

cplmac
02-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Hello and welcome. Which version of D&D are you looking to get a game going with? I have a campaign posted on the site also. Just can't seem to find enough people to get it going.

nijineko
02-13-2008, 01:42 AM
i know what you mean. i work third shift, so there are not a whole lot of people who can match my schedule. but in any case, welcome to the forum. nice to meet you. the kitty is pleased.

Rashir
02-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Hello and welcome. Which version of D&D are you looking to get a game going with? I have a campaign posted on the site also. Just can't seem to find enough people to get it going.

Right now we are trying to get back into 3.5. We have not played in a few years due to not being able to find regular players and figured we would start out with 3.5 for now and see what 4.0 brings to the table and possibly make that switch.
We are supposed to have a couple people come over this saturday to try a game to see if they are interested in our game and for us to practice and learn the rules of 3.5 again.
It will be a very casual game this weekend. If you are interested PM or email rcarner and he can give you some more details.

rcarner
02-13-2008, 11:05 AM

Let me know cplmac if you think you (and any of your players) might be willing to play 3.5 edition. I have 3-4 potential players for my game meeting this Saturday. Feel free to contact me for directions if you want to join in. As Rashir said, it will be very casual this weekend just trying to see if we all like the style of play and frequency. I would ultimately like to have 4-5 constant players. It seems the Pittsburgh metro area is fairly dry for role playing, so this may be a good oppertunity for both of us.

Mulsiphix
02-13-2008, 11:25 AM
If you can't find enough players locally you can always bring a couple in from online. That is have a mic in the middle of the table and the players voice coming out of speakers. I've considered this multiple times actually ;)

razada
02-13-2008, 02:04 PM
welcome, this site has pleanty to offer to new members

aarathi
02-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Welcome to this wonderful forum. I am Bindu, new member of this site. I am from kerala, popularly known as God's own country. I am very happy to visit this site. Come on and enjoy by visiting this site.

tesral
02-14-2008, 09:02 PM
<VOICE=John Wayne) Well pilgrim, you've come to the right place. </VOICE>

One can hope. Good hunting.

nijineko
02-16-2008, 04:14 PM
is that arabic, by chance, in your links aarathi? sorry if i guessed it wrong.

rcarner
03-06-2008, 07:30 PM
FYI

This game is now full (as of now). If anyone is still looking for a game, please send me an email/message or post here and I will respond if and when we have an opening. Thank you for your interest and thanks to Pen and Paper for helping me snag a few players.

And if anyone is wondering if Rashir ever got payback for that comment above, I think Rashir is still somewhere in the mausoleum picking up his missing teeth. Lesson learned - Three foot rogues should not stand and fight toe to toe with a Ogre Zombie with a giant splintered club, a +8 damage bonus and a serious attitude problem.

cplmac
03-06-2008, 07:36 PM
is that arabic, by chance, in your links aarathi? sorry if i guessed it wrong.

Looks like Arabic to me. Saw an awful lot of it in the Persian Gulf.

cplmac
03-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Glad to see you got a full crew, rcarner. If you hear from someone that is more towards my neck of the woods, please send them to the site.

rcarner
03-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Actually I did have a few who were looking and either could not make the day we locked in on (Sunday) or was looking for a group after we were already full. The one lives in Monroeville. I will send both an email pointing them to this thread (and this website) and maybe they will send you a message/email. I forget where Acme is... pretty far from Monroeville, right?

cplmac
03-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Acme is out past Greensburg.

boulet
03-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Aren't you bothered by all the toons ?

nijineko
03-09-2008, 12:47 AM
i think it's more the constant rumble of the delivery trucks.... ;D

tesral
03-10-2008, 05:00 PM

Occasional detonations, fraged Coyotes complaining in person, that kind of thing.

cplmac
03-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Aren't you bothered by all the toons ?

Occasional detonations, fraged Coyotes complaining in person, that kind of thing.

After the Looniversity closed, I shot the coyote and we barbequed the road runner.:D

tesral
03-11-2008, 04:04 PM
After the Looniversity closed, I shot the coyote and we barbequed the road runner.:D

I've heard those things are tasty.

cplmac
03-12-2008, 10:52 AM
I've heard those things are tasty.

Like everything else, They taste like chicken. Buggers to catch though, since they are so small and fast.

tesral
03-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Like everything else, They taste like chicken. Buggers to catch though, since they are so small and fast.

What does chicken taste like?

cplmac
03-12-2008, 12:39 PM
What does chicken taste like?

According to my nephew, chicken tastes like alligator. :eek: I'm just taking his word on it.

tesral
03-12-2008, 07:15 PM
According to my nephew, chicken tastes like alligator. :eek: I'm just taking his word on it.

I thought it was more like Bald Eagle myself.