PDA

View Full Version : New TV shows

rabkala
09-26-2007, 10:45 PM
My DVR is working overtime catching all the new shows that are coming out. What shows do you guys think are good? What shows are not worth the effort? Any gaming ideas from any yet?

I liked Chuck! Good show with some potential.
Journeyman wasn't quite what I expected. It could go either way, a few more episodes will tell.
Reaper didn't really work for me. I had thought it could be good, but was disappointed.
I did record Bionic woman, but haven't watched it yet. I wasn't a fan of the original, so don't know why I did.
My dirty little reality secret is Kitchen Nightmares! How can you eat in a restaurant anymore?

Moritz
09-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Journeyman - I liked it, but you're right, we'll see how redundant and how unbelievable they can make it.

Reaper - "Brimstone" with a comedy twist. No thanks.

Bionic Woman - really dug it. But it seemed rushed and pushed. I want to see cameos by Lindsay Wagner and Lee Majors. I would have rather they take 2 hours to tell the opening story instead of one, would have been nice to see more personality development. And, finally, I want to hear, nananananananananananananaaaaa

Kitchen Nightmares - I'm totally not watching this show. I eat out, and I'd like to continue to do so.

Zane
09-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Chuck - I was very pleased with it. Definitely looking forward to more.

Journeyman - I'll give it a couple more times to really drag me in, but I was only so-so on the premiere.

Big Bang Theory - appealed to the inner nerd, it has some potential, we shall see.

K-ville - I am really liking. Good cast, and interesting stories. Good new one to catch if you can.

Bionic woman - don't know the original (yes, I knew the idea behind it, but never watched it), and this one seems interesting. There seem to be quite a few references for those that know the original though. If that keeps up, I'll likely quit it as I'll get annoyed.

Life - Not as good as I was hoping. The main character's 'Zen' outlook seemed a bit of a stretch, but the last couple minutes of the premiere did make sure that I will be watching next week still.

Moonlight - well, looks like an Angel rip-off and it premieres tonight. So, I'll give it a shot and see what comes of it.

Digital Arcanist
10-01-2007, 01:43 PM
I liked Chuck as well and I think it will be on for a few seasons.

I also liked Reaper but I see it lasting two or three seasons.

I loved the Bionic Woman and can't wait until Wednesday.

I too think Moonlight is an Angel rip-off but if they go in a different direction than Angel there might be something to the show.

I loved Kitchen Nightmares which is odd because I hate Ramsey.

Life fascinates me and I want to watch some more before I make any final judgments.

I think there are a few more premiers out there but I can't think of them...which doesn't bode well for them.

Grimwell
10-02-2007, 01:19 AM
Chuck - I enjoyed it. It needs some shaping but I think that it's going to have the time to get that needed growth.

Journeyman - Good. Smart. Unless they do something stupid it's going to work well. They seed a lot of things that aren't dialogue if you watch.

Bionic - Much better than I hoped.

Life (the cop show) - Good. They just need to be a little less goofy about zen.

All in all, everything I checked out has been promising. Very ood.

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Is no one watching Heores!!!???

Man that show is awesome! It could use more hero battles but the high drama is good too. I guess we are only taking about new shows.

Chuck is entertaining. I just don't buy the story. his "girlfriend" works at the hot dog restaurant and happens to keep top secret files with her too?

Bionic Woman I thought was so so. Was that Starbuck as the other Bionic Woman? It all happened too fast. Why would she just so easily agree to work with them?

Speaking of Starbuck, if you have cable you should be watching Battlestar Galactica. Awesome!

Journeyman is too, I don't know what. Like too grown up or something and it reminds me too much of Quantum Leap, which I rather watch.

Am I being too harsh?

Digital Arcanist
10-03-2007, 01:58 PM
I think we are all watching Heroes but we are just talking about new shows.

Chuck's girlfriend isn't actually his girlfriend (not yet at least). She works for the CIA and her cover is working at Wienerlicious which is across from the Buy More. Kasey, Chuck's trainee, works for the NSA and his cover is working at the Buy More. It all makes sense. They are both trying to protect and use Chuck but with different methods of persuasion.

It was Starbuck playing the first Bionic Woman. Her role will be semi-recurring until they finish shooting the new season of B.G. which airs in early 2008.

There's a thread for Heroes in the Superheroic section if you want to gush with the rest of us about the show.

PhishStyx
10-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Is no one watching Heores!!!???

The Heroes thread is in the Supers, General Discussion forum. :) Feel free to join in.

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Come on. She is working at a Wienerlicious and has top secret files there!!?? Where are all of the other employees of Wienerlicious?

Its fun anyway despite the big suspension of disbelief you have to have.

rabkala
10-03-2007, 06:45 PM
if you have cable you should be watching Battlestar Galactica. Awesome!
Every show on Sci Fi is worth watching. Battlestar Galactica is great. Dr. Who is the best! Painkiller Jane is good. Stargate (+ atlantis) is still decent. Eureka isn't bad if you give it a chance. The list goes on and on, mostly returning shows though.

Come on. She is working at a Wienerlicious and has top secret files there!!?? Where are all of the other employees of Wienerlicious?
If you can buy the premise of the show Chuck, the little stuff shouldn't bother much.

Journeyman is too, I don't know what. Like too grown up or something and it reminds me too much of Quantum Leap, which I rather watch.
That's why I like it. It is very much like a grown up QL without the nonsense they started to pull toward the end. I liked QL and was sad to see it go that way.

Life isn't too bad, although a bit of a stretch. I hate most cop shows and crime dramas, so I'm sure I'll get sick of it quick.

Any interest in Pushing Daisies or New Amsterdam? Pushing Daisies has an irreverent Dead Like Me feel to it. New Amsterdam is a complete Highlander 1 ripoff. Still, they might be worth a look.

Digital Arcanist
10-04-2007, 11:30 AM
I enjoyed Pushing Daisies and I will definitely keep watching. It does have a Dead Like Me feel to it. I really miss that show.

What is New Amsterdam? I take it that it airs on a cable channel then?

rabkala
10-05-2007, 12:30 PM
I rather liked Pushing Daisies. The visuals were decidedly different. The use of the narrators voice was very much like Dr. Seuss on something psychotropic. The character development through flashback use was incredible.

New Amsterdam was on Fox or CBS, I think. I saw several trailers for it, but have yet to catch it.

Zane
10-06-2007, 12:23 AM
I too think Moonlight is an Angel rip-off but if they go in a different direction than Angel there might be something to the show.
Well, after two weeks - I am ready to write off Moonlight. Not terrible, just couldn't really get into it.

Unfortunately, I missed Pushing Daisies although I intended to give it a shot.

So far, most of the new shows are doing ok in my book at least. Well, the new ones that I was interested in at least.

BTW - no one else mentioned The Big Bang, did no one else catch it or am I the only one admitting the nerd attraction? :D

Digital Arcanist
10-06-2007, 12:29 AM
I just caught the two episodes on www.tv-links.co.uk and I love the show. Being a hardcore scientist and a physicist to boot, I can relate to the characters on the show and have known one or two like them. I expect the show not to do too well but that's mostly because it has too many science jokes for the average person.

I found myself losing interest in Moonlight tonight. I'll watch it if there is nothing else to do but I won't plant myself on the couch with the purpose to watch the show.