PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else read Demonground?

PhishStyx
09-02-2007, 02:23 PM
I've downloaded all of the Conspiracy/Horror webzine, DEMONGROUND
(http://www.demonground.org), and I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about a new issue coming out or what's going on with those guys.

PhishStyx
09-04-2007, 07:35 PM
If you haven't read it before, are you reading it now?

Moritz
09-05-2007, 08:19 AM
I looked at the pictures. To me, it could be an interesting idea. However, I'm from a time when there was just one RPG (D&D), and I really don't venture out beyond it, and my second RPG (Marvel Super Heroes). I may 'sample' from other sources like some Cthulhu monster books, but really, that's about it.

PhishStyx
09-05-2007, 10:24 AM
You should consider being a bit more adventurous with your RPG'ing dollar. It's a big interesting world out there with lots of shiny pretty things to do and view.

Demonground is free, so you can get a nifty preview of some of the game systems around. But the truth is there's a lot of stuff out there beyond.

Moritz
09-05-2007, 10:48 AM
I've played D&D (1-3.5), Marvel Super Heroes, Paranoia, Star Wars d20, MechWarrior/Battletech, Palladium, Mutants and Masterminds, Champions/Hero System, Vampire the Masquerade, DC Heroes, GURPS, Dark Tower, and a few other unknown games.

d20/D&D and MSH are by far my favorite. I envision everything else as just 'hack' and 'wannabe'. I'll often read stuff though (or look at pictures), just for stimulation of ideas. But investing time and money in a new system or game concept, totally not for me.

PS: Even though it's free, it just warrens a cursory look and then, whoops, time to go potty.

Farcaster
09-05-2007, 02:38 PM
PS: Even though it's free, it just warrens a cursory look and then, whoops, time to go potty.

Mortiz, get a laptop and take it with you. :p

Moritz
09-05-2007, 04:12 PM
I have one. Toshiba Satellite M-60. I <heart> my Toshiba. But it doesn't go to the potty with me. Makes me think of Weird Science (the movie) though. Running water with a laptop. Hummmmmmmmmmm

Digital Arcanist
09-12-2007, 10:02 PM
I will never touch any of your books...

PhishStyx
09-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Is that a threat. . .or a solemn promise?

Digital Arcanist
09-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Sorry...I was speaking Moritz and his habit of taking books to the water closet.

I would like to get into some horror play but I'm put off by the lack of ambiance in all the groups I've played with. Do you know what I mean? We are sitting there in low-light with some good music softly playing and the story is unfolding. Then some ass decides he wants to be a comedian and crack some jokes and ruin the feel of the game. With horror, I want to be drawn in and have an emotional connection with the story-teller and that reptilian part of my brain. Jokes and stuff seem to put up a mental shield.

The other thing that puts me off is the constant bombardment of Cthulu. There is more to horror than that one bastardization of an ancient Babylonian god, but it seems everyone just wants to play that game.....at least in my neck of the woods.

Ed Zachary
09-13-2007, 10:24 PM
d20/D&D and MSH are by far my favorite. I envision everything else as just 'hack' and 'wannabe'. I'll often read stuff though (or look at pictures), just for stimulation of ideas. But investing time and money in a new system or game concept, totally not for me.

Hmmm... decisions to be made.

Job and family... or more rpg games?

Moritz has the right idea, don't turn a hobby into an addiction.

Sevryn Blakk
09-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Hmmm... decisions to be made.

Job and family... or more rpg games?

Moritz has the right idea, don't turn a hobby into an addiction.

Who's addicted?
*twitch*
*twitch*

*twitch*

:p

I used to chat with those guys every once in awhile. They had regular net discussions for awhile. I had been asked to write for them a few times, but didn't have the time. Was still brow-deep in my double majoring stint at IU South Bend.
Lee, I think, was the lead guy in the net-dev-chat sessions. Nice guy.