PDA

View Full Version : Starting Info

The Wandering Bard
08-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Greetings and thank you for taking your time and reading this. Ok, now down to business.

Here are the criteria for the game.

*All characters will start at lvl 3.

*32 point buy in system for character stats

*I will need a breif history of your character, as well as how they might react in a variety of situations (this is incase a player needs the DM to run the character while they are away or busy. Also in faster posting sections the DM may need to roll or have a character react to move the story on.)

*I am willing to allow an extra feat to be taking as long as your character has a real flaw. (Please note that these flaws Will be played on.) if you are unsure about the flaw choosen feel free to PM me, I will answer you as soon as possible.

*Your characters will have 4500g. to buy equipment. (If you need more, or want to purchase rarer magical items please feel free to PM me.)

*I would like all players to Post at least once a day. I understand that situtation happen and this might not always be possible.

*Core races are acceptable, as are Core classes. any other races or classes may be considered. I have the Races series (Except for savage species.)

*Books allowed are the Core books. MM1,PHP,DMG. Also the PHB2, MM2, MM3, Races books, Spell compendium.

* I will require a character sheet in Word Format ( I will need to print them off to keep notes and such.) please Email them to the following address.

Graywing05@aol.com

Thanks, feel free to ask me any questions. I will answer them to the best of my abilities.

The wandering bard

The Wandering Bard
08-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Just a hint, It might be wise to spend a point or two in speak language skill.

HINT.....HINT..(cough "ELVEN" COUGH)

Zane
08-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Point buy, rolling, or other method for initial abilities? From your first post, I have an idea already, but I gotta check something - and then I'll send you a PM about it. :-P

The Wandering Bard
08-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks for catching that, I thought I had forgotten something. I edited the post to include the information.

The stat system will be a 32 point buy in system from the PhB.

Vimachipal
08-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Sounds like fun... can I play a younger version of myself, I mean Vi?

Semaria
08-28-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm not sure if I want to play the same character or not.

When do you need our character sheets by?

The Wandering Bard
08-29-2007, 12:12 AM
VI, sure. I would love to have you along. Just a suggestion, I don't know if you took it last time or if you have the book but in Races of the Wild the Elves can take a subsitution level for a wizard character. Just food for thought. Hope to have you on board.

Seraria, I need the sheets by the time Ed, is done with his game. Or about september 14th.

Vimachipal
08-29-2007, 09:17 PM
VI, sure. I would love to have you along. Just a suggestion, I don't know if you took it last time or if you have the book but in Races of the Wild the Elves can take a subsitution level for a wizard character. Just food for thought. Hope to have you on board.

Never heard of the book, I will stick with the core stuff.

Anaesthesia
08-31-2007, 11:39 AM
Seraria, I need the sheets by the time Ed, is done with his game. Or about september 14th.

I might be intrested then. Is Song and Silence ok? (just out of curiousity)

ETA: I'll be doing a gnome bard, if that is ok.

The Wandering Bard
08-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Anaesthesia the book song and silience is fine, I have a copy of the books and if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Zane: your Phobia is perfect, And the bonus feat is fine as well. Enjoy, I look forward to seeing your character in the game.

Every One, here are a few more books That you can use.
Song and Silence, The Complete Warrior, and the Complete Adventurer.

Ed, I believe that the Centuar monster class is availible in the races of the wild if you wisj to play a centuar creature.

Zane
08-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Zane: your Phobia is perfect, And the bonus feat is fine as well. Enjoy, I look forward to seeing your character in the game.
Actually, after thinking more about him, I might be opting for another feat instead, but it would be one of the PHB feats. Once I start some background and get a better feel for who exactly he is - I'll send you the sheet and info.

Oh, and no - this will not be a younger Roh (for everyone else). He can fill in with mid-range attacks (shortbow), but is a scout (Cross of ranger and rogue classes, kinda) and not a fighter.

If someone is planning on being a rogue, then I am more than willing to leave the rogue items (i.e. traps) to you - he will mainly be finding them (hopefully) and telling people to avoid certain areas when possible.

Oh, and of course there is a little more to him than that, but I'll leave that to be seen in game. :D

Anaesthesia
08-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Anastasia, the book song and silience is fine, I have a copy of the books and if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

It's Anaesthesia. But ok, thanks, I was thinking of doing Royal Explorer-1/Bard-2.

The Wandering Bard
08-31-2007, 04:50 PM
Sorry about that. You charater sounds intresting. And will fit in perfectly to the story.

Vimachipal
08-31-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm going to stick with a Wizardess, possibly a Beguiler.

If I do stick with Wizardess, I'll probably specialize in Illusions, eliminating necromany and one other school.

Ghezryln
08-31-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm going to roll up a halfling thief... errr Rogue.

The Wandering Bard
08-31-2007, 11:20 PM
good to have both of you aboard.

Zane
08-31-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm going to roll up a halfling thief... errr Rogue.
So - is he gonna cover the traps then? Pretty please? :D

essyx
09-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Hello!

I'm thinking of a Dragon Shaman. But, can I have a Dragon Race base? Or is that too much of a variant for your game?

Don't worry, it has only Dragon Heritage, not a full dragon... but if you'd like, I can create one that has no Dragon Heritage in it at all... I think I could do an interesting Bronze one...

The Wandering Bard
09-01-2007, 04:10 PM
I have no problem with you playing a draconic character. DO you have the "Races of the Dragon" book? if you do, you can play a Dragonborn character, just use the racial stats for creating the character not the origanal races stats

Ex. createing an Elf dragonborn character. (Dragonborn stats are +2 con,-2 dex.) use these stat modifiers not the Elfs stat modifiers as you will be essentually playing a draconic character from 3rd lvl.

Or

You can take the Draconic heritage feat from the same book. it will give you a dragonblood sub-type. I will allow this as a character creattion feat (thus making it a free feat. I won't do anything for your character except give him a sub-type as your character is not a sorcerer.)

since your character will be having dragonblood, be sure to have a detailed physical description of any draconic abnormalities (Scales, skin hue, small horns, or serpent like eyes. Your character will essentually be a Sub-human like Tronja, Tronja had demon blood thus she had the smell of sulfer.)

hope this helps. thanks, look forward to seeing what you come up with. As always feel free to ask any questions, I am happy to modify anything or work with you.

Ed Zachary
09-03-2007, 01:36 AM
Ed, I believe that the Centaur monster class is availible in the races of the wild if you wish to play a centaur creature.

I'm going to run a Fighter, a runaway slave from a far away land. As a Flaw he has a price on his head. I haven't chosen the race yet.

Anaesthesia
09-03-2007, 11:36 AM
I think this will be the first one I haven't done a flaw or phobia for.:rolleyes:

The Wandering Bard
09-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Ed, I read your character concept. and it sounds good. Look forward to seeing how you fare in the first part of the game.

Anaesthesia No flaw is fine, Your guild gives you a good background history.

Anaesthesia
09-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Anaesthesia No flaw is fine, Your guild gives you a good background history.

Yeah, it's kinda like I did one for every other one, so I'm all flawed out.;)

Thread Hijacking-I need my group to go over to my forum and post. I need a Pinch-saver.

essyx
09-03-2007, 02:39 PM
I have no problem with you playing a draconic character. DO you have the "Races of the Dragon" book? if you do, you can play a Dragonborn character, just use the racial stats for creating the character not the origanal races stats

Ex. createing an Elf dragonborn character. (Dragonborn stats are +2 con,-2 dex.) use these stat modifiers not the Elfs stat modifiers as you will be essentually playing a draconic character from 3rd lvl.

Or

You can take the Draconic heritage feat from the same book. it will give you a dragonblood sub-type. I will allow this as a character creattion feat (thus making it a free feat. I won't do anything for your character except give him a sub-type as your character is not a sorcerer.)

since your character will be having dragonblood, be sure to have a detailed physical description of any draconic abnormalities (Scales, skin hue, small horns, or serpent like eyes. Your character will essentually be a Sub-human like Tronja, Tronja had demon blood thus she had the smell of sulfer.)

hope this helps. thanks, look forward to seeing what you come up with. As always feel free to ask any questions, I am happy to modify anything or work with you.

Yeah, have Races of the Dragon book. Heck, Have 3 of the Masters of the Wild book. Anyone want one?

I was thinking of the Dragon Heritage sub-type. Quite likely, Bronze.

The Wandering Bard
09-03-2007, 03:45 PM
sure that works.

Ed Zachary
09-08-2007, 05:58 AM
I'll try to get you my character sheet today.

The Wandering Bard
09-08-2007, 04:34 PM
sounds good to me.

essyx
09-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Gah! As much as I want to create my Dragon Shaman for this game, I'm over extending myself. As can be seen in the other game, life has just gotten so much complicated for me. For at least the next 2 months, I'm going to be lucky to post to the games I'm currently a part of every day.

Consider me a jealous no-go for now. If I can closer to christmas, I'll try joining then. However, everyone else have fun!

The Wandering Bard
09-09-2007, 08:46 PM
no problem, sorry that your so busy, I am rather bust as well so I can relate. Just let me know when ever your ready to rejoin and I will work you character into the game.

Thanks

Ed Zachary
09-09-2007, 09:41 PM
I just sent you my character sheet.

Zane
09-10-2007, 10:03 AM
I just sent you my character sheet.Sent mine too. Personality info coming soon.

The Wandering Bard
09-10-2007, 03:57 PM
so far I have

Ed, Zane, and Anaesthesia's character sheets.

Typhon
09-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Semaria and I are working on our sheets now, we'll send them to you tomorrow.

The Wandering Bard
09-11-2007, 10:56 PM
sounds good, look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Typhon
09-14-2007, 07:19 PM
We can't get people to post for one game, how will we run two?

The Wandering Bard
09-14-2007, 08:44 PM
I think I will wait until Ed's game is over. than I might start. Ribe may or may not play, as well as Essxy she told me that she might try to join later in the game.

headeast76
10-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Hell yeah i can use all the books i can get

headeast76
10-12-2007, 08:28 PM
I would like to run in this game if you will have me..... I would like to run a dwarven fighter let me know ok? Headeast76@yahoo.com

The Wandering Bard
10-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Headeast I will be emailing you tonight. I would love to have a Dwarven Fighter onboard.

The Wandering Bard
10-16-2007, 10:37 AM
OK all, looks like we have a few more looking to join, so this is what i have gathered so far.

we have a bard character, a scout (Ranger-theif class), possibly a dwarven warrior.

If anyone else is intrested just let me know, when the game fills up i will begin the story.

headeast76
10-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Ok how do i get my char. sheet into word format ?

The Wandering Bard
10-17-2007, 09:29 PM
You can find a character sheet in word format on the internet.

Or if you are having problems finding one I can email you one of the ones i use.

32 point By in works like this

8-13 each cost 1 point

14-15=2 points

16-17=3 points

18 and 19= 4 points

20-21=5 points Ect.

Riftwalker
10-18-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm interested in this. How many visits / day would you expect? It would also be my first pbp game so I may need to be kept in line...

The Wandering Bard
10-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Well it depends, you will find that in combat situations people post more often, most of the time its only once per day or more if you like. I will e-mail if you lag behind. I also am able to control your character if things slow to much. (its nice to be able to do this being the DM and all)

Hope you are still intreasted.

Riftwalker
10-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Ok I'll try to roll up a character sometime today.

Riftwalker
10-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Ok, I emailed you the character sheet and some notes. Let me know if that works.

headeast76
10-21-2007, 01:58 PM
ok i have my char sheet on the tangled web but still don't know how to get it into word format to send it to the DM

The Wandering Bard
10-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Ok. I am assuming that by the DM. You mean me. As I will be the DM of the chains of the muse game. So I will email you a form that is in word format. The thing is you will have to fill all the slots again. Tangled web has been working on the site so its unpredictable which is why I am asking for the char sheets the way I am. Look forward to seeing your character.

Riftwalker. Your sheet is great. And I like the flaw. It gives me room to work with.

Every one. I hope to start soon. But I have a question. Do you wait for a arcane caster or start with who we have.

This is what we have so far.

A scout
A bard/royal explorer
A fighter
A cleric

I think you will be fine but characters make the game more fun so its up to you. Thanks

The wandering bard

Riftwalker
10-21-2007, 10:06 PM
I could go either way.

If the scout or bard have a rank or two in Use Magic Device (I can't remember if that's a class skill or not for them) then I lean more towards starting.

Zane
10-22-2007, 01:36 AM
If the scout or bard have a rank or two in Use Magic Device (I can't remember if that's a class skill or not for them) then I lean more towards starting.
I can guarantee that the scout has absolutely no idea how to work these magic devices of which you speak. :D

In other words - Nope, it is not a class skill for a scout and not a realistic cross class for my scout.

As far as wizard or not - my character could absolutely care less if we ever had one, and I myself am not partial to needing one. Of course, I don't know just what we are getting into either, so who knows.

The Wandering Bard
10-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Headeast, I just sent you the sheet to fill out. As soon as you get back to me, we will start the game.

The Wandering Bard
10-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Ok, well here we go. I have the new list of players.

Scout
Bard/Royal Explorer
Thief
Dwarven Fighter
Cleric

Sounds like a good party. as soon as I get the last sheets We will start.

Riftwalker
10-25-2007, 08:11 PM
How many are we waiting on?

The Wandering Bard
10-25-2007, 09:53 PM
i think i have the all, i will be emailing you guys tonight.

The Wandering Bard
10-25-2007, 10:14 PM
OK well Welcome to Chains of the Muse.

Were going to get started on the new Game Thread. Just one thing though. this is my first DM attempt so I am learning much like you. If you have any suggestions feel free to shot me an email.

Thanks and good luck, hope you enjoy.

headeast76
10-26-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm sure you'll do great and learn alot along the way can't wait to see this adventure get on the road.:D

Fsuphilosophy09
11-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Well Met all

I have sent a pm, and an email to Wander Bard. Hopefully he will accept me into the campaign this late in the story....

My character is interesting to say the least so the rest of you hopefully will get to meet him in the game i will give the basic info out here though...

hes a rouge, true neutral, and his phobia is that he is afraid of water :( lol im sure it will play out well... my history of course impacts and reflects all of the attributes including the fear i mentioned above...

sorry for the somewhat vague posting but its essential to my character that you all meet and greet in character trust me its worth it....

hopefully ill hear from Wander Bard soon im really looking foward to playing with you lot.

Zane
11-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Hopefully he will accept me into the campaign this late in the story....
"this late"?? Hmm, I doubt that many would call two rounds of battle into a story as being late in the story :D, but welcome nonetheless.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-05-2007, 10:03 AM
really well i mean none the less I dont want to be rude and just brashly try to get in so you think Wandering Bard will let me in then?

Zane
11-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Well, that is his call. I doubt that he would deny you access, but I'm not sure his plans either. Hmm, this board was dead this weekend, hopefully he is still around somewhere in the web...

The Wandering Bard
11-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Sorry all, a Lightening strike destroyed my computer so I had to get a new one. I'm Back and lets get this game rolling.

Fsuphilosophy09, Welcome to the Family, I would be honored to have you join. I looked over your character sheet and it is fine, I also saw your correction and that is ok as well.

Let me give you the run down of events, this might help the others as well.

The Group has arrived in a town about 78 miles south of Summerset Isle, the Second refuge of the Elves. The party while visting the city was drafted into it's defense as the learn that they have un wittingly entered it right before a large army of gobliniods massed in the east and arrived to pillage the city, which is in the path of there army. The Army of Humanoids defending the City is under the command of an Elf named Ves, and his rag-tag group of companions as he leads both the Brazen dragons (His merc army, and his friends.) THe companions have just meet the Commander and his army and were attacked by the outriders of the Goblin Army.

Mursharr our scout in the party has emerged from a forest on the flanks and has just warned the flank of approuching goblins, Thus saving his life agianst the overwhelming odds and many of the lives of the Men holding that flank, by preventing a suprise attack.

You are free you enter the scene any time you wish. You can aid one of the companions (Suggest Seryl, as she is now entering combat with a worg with just a dagger.)

You can make you move when ever you wish. I won't roll initiative for you as you have the first move having just shown up.

Fsuphilosophy09
11-05-2007, 09:33 PM
WHOOPS i posted in the wrong thread fixing it now

Toren Utgard
03-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Is the game still open to new joiners? If so, then I will catch up on the in game happeningings and if not then oh well.

The Wandering Bard
03-13-2008, 11:35 PM
yeap. just follow the directions and send me a char. sheet. If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.