PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use RPOL?

Jonas Boggs
08-20-2007, 12:16 PM
I was wondering if any of you ever used Roleplay Online? It's pretty good and works well as long as folks post regularly.

I have a Iron Kingdoms Witchfire Trilogy game there that I could use a couple of people for if anyone here knows about that setting and would be interested in joining us. Right now I have two players and one two NPCs running a small adventure while we wait on more real players. I would like to get two more real players who can post regularly (every day if possible).

Let me know if anyone is interested.

http://www.rpol.net/

http://www.privateerpress.com/ironkingdoms/default.php

Oldgamer
09-11-2007, 08:59 AM
I currently run one game and play in another on RPOL, I love it. Fast paced for a PbP. Sorry, I only play D&D though.

Bloodwyrm
01-02-2008, 02:21 PM
I Play D&D But Ill Give Other Games A Look See Email Me With Links And Ill Try Em Out.

GBVenkman
01-03-2008, 12:19 AM
thanks for posting that on here.

I'll be sure to check it out. I'd like to try something like this.

I play SW Saga and D&D.

Mulsiphix
01-03-2008, 04:02 AM
I'm not familiar with that setting at all unfortunately. I wish you the best of luck in finding some more players.

InfoStorm
01-03-2008, 09:56 AM
I used to use RPOL... too much actually. Found myself posting from work and running 3 games. Had to suddenly drop them all as I almost lost my job thanks to that site.

I did find it hard to KEEP players though. Kept loosing them w/o notice.

Mulsiphix
01-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I did find it hard to KEEP players though. Kept loosing them w/o notice.That is my greatest reservation about playing online. When somebody comes over to your house they have set that time aside to play and are there to do just that. When online people are usually at work or home where there are other distractions and people can leave at any time without having to hear people complain that they left or that the group has been waiting for five minutes for them to start taking their turn. If there was a way to guarantee those who played online were dedicated and could play without leaving the game during it, I would be a very happy man.

Oldgamer
01-04-2008, 08:12 AM
I have a bit of a problem with it too, I really like it, that's my problem. It's very easy to play too much because, like InfoStorm pointed out, it's easy to do from work if you work around computers. I'm on a computer 10+ hours a day without supervision (I am the supervisor here) and it becomes very easy to play in a series of games. I DM one though, and I do it from work, but I try to discipline myself to map making and such labor intensive things to lunchtime.

The people also are unpredictable, they make excellent characters and write a great background and you think, "This person's going to be good!" And then their posting slacks off and then they just disappear. F2F games don't usually run that way, as Mulsiphix stated, people set aside the time and commit that way.

rabkala
01-06-2008, 04:27 PM
I tried several games there years ago. They all died quickly with problems.

Mulsiphix
01-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Has anybody played a long term campaign at that website without players dropping out? Sounds like the site is a great idea but most don't have the attention span for an entire PBP campaign.

at5115
02-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Yes. I GM an In Nomine game on RPoL that has been going on for about 6+ months with a fairly consistent group of players (I have around 7 players at their own pace and 2 IMs in the same world). I find that with some of the games the pacing is too fast and players burn out quickly.

DrScience

Mulsiphix
02-12-2008, 09:19 PM
That is sad to hear. I had high hopes for In Nomaine although finding a constant campaign setting seemed somewhat difficult. I figure there is only so many places you can go with the origins of good versus evil.

at5115
02-20-2008, 06:05 PM
That is sad to hear. I had high hopes for In Nomaine although finding a constant campaign setting seemed somewhat difficult. I figure there is only so many places you can go with the origins of good versus evil.

Then you have not gamed with me:) I can do anything with In Nomine, of course 75% of the time I run aberrant to the game canon (as I do not subscribe to any particular religious affiliation).

Melefresh