PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Mississippi

jayouzts
08-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Are there any gamers in Jackson, Mississippi? I am interested in running a game (to be played in the evening during the week). Its a D&D based game, but in my homebrew world there are several new racial options (Kenku, Fire Newt, and Yak-folk to name a few) and some options that are not available (Gnomes and Halflings dont exist; neither do Drow. Orcs are extinct. There are no half-breeds of any kind).

I use action points and spell points.

rabkala
08-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Welcome aboard. Sounds interesting, I love Kenku and fire newts. I am a fan of experimenting with all sorts of cool monstrous humanoids for player races. Wish I was in the area.
Try the player registry for local gamers. If you don't find any right away, don't be discouraged. Come back often, you never know when somebody else might pop into the site.

Skylon
08-11-2007, 10:36 AM
I've always been a fan of worlds where there are no Gnomes. I truly and truly despise them. Does that make me racist?

Rain_Spider_08
08-11-2007, 01:03 PM
I've always been a fan of worlds where there are no Gnomes. I truly and truly despise them. Does that make me racist?
I don't think so, it would probably depend on why you detest them. I mean I'm not really a fan of dwarves at all in any fantasy game, they just all seem to be and look the same (all the men have long beards, ect) and that irks me, they always seem to be either miners, blacksmiths, warriors or clerics. I just don't like them, they all seem to look the same too. I also can't stand it when people play wookies in star wars either. I think every gamer has that one race in a game they just don't like.

jayouzts
08-11-2007, 03:49 PM
In my world Dwarves have taken their expertise at mining parleyed that into the strongest economy in the world. They are now Ubercapitalists (think Ferengi). Instead of the combat bonuses against goblins and giants, the get extra money everytime they advance.

Gnomes really didnt have much to offer. Speak with burrowing animals is kind of boring. (In contrast, I allow a race from Basic D&D called the Hutakaans. These guys can speak with dead for one round per day).

I got rid of Halflings because I wanted to make the world as un-Tolkienlike as possible. Nothing against LOTR, but I wanted something different. I got rid of Half-Elves for much the same reason. Plus the only Elves that exist are Wild Elves who are not likely to breed with members of other races.

rabkala
08-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Gnomes really didnt have much to offer. Speak with burrowing animals is kind of boring. (In contrast, I allow a race from Basic D&D called the Hutakaans. These guys can speak with dead for one round per day).

I got rid of Halflings because I wanted to make the world as un-Tolkienlike as possible. Nothing against LOTR, but I wanted something different. I got rid of Half-Elves for much the same reason. Plus the only Elves that exist are Wild Elves who are not likely to breed with members of other races.

Gnomes have never had anything to offer, in my opinion. I do not recall the Hutakaans, are they something relatively new?

While I have never had anything against elves, I still like to change things up a bit. I think my game worlds get more outlandish, monstrous, and edgy with every passing year. After nearly 30 years of gaming, I can really throw players for a loop when they expect a simple old setting.

Kelbin
08-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Sounds like you know what you want and that is very cool.

so the good news is that I don't live too far from Jackson.
The bad news is that I am talking about Jackson, Michigan.

defector
08-13-2007, 11:52 PM
I live in Brandon, Mississippi, but I'm already playing in three games a week with three seperate groups (with some player overlap), so I don't really think I can fit another one into my schedule. However, we often take turns GMing in my Friday night group, and although you probably wouldn't immediately get to run, you'd definately be put into the rotation. If nothing else, it would give you a chance to meet a bunch of gamers from your area.

Kanan
08-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Are you still looking for players? I am in Clinton, MS. I have my self and possibly up to 3 other players who are looking for a DM. Contact me if your still interested in running a campaign.