PDA

View Full Version : Newb, be gentle

Jonas Boggs
08-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Hi guys!

I found this forum while googling the upcoming Monte Cook's WOD book.

As you can see I am in Virginia.

Currently I am in a group several friends made up. We all hang out at a local comic/game shop and decided to make something a bit organized and formal. We meet every week, alternating between D&D Undermountain and several Sci-Fi or modern games. We'll be settling in on a D20 Modern Dark Matter campaign here soon.

Anyway, howdy and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Kelbin
08-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Aaahhh!!! Portsmouth is evil. Okay so maybe not so evil but certainly not a place I want to return too soon.

The last time I was in Portsmouth was on my way to Walter Reed AMC. Not a fun trip.

So I hope that the real Portsmouth is better than what I saw.

Welcome to the Forum! It's nice meetin Ya!

Jonas Boggs
08-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Ah, Walter Reed. I spent many a day in my youth in the hospital there. My brother was born there.

We're all Army brats ;P

Portsmouth is okay, I could come up with a much longer list of where I'd rather be, but WTH.

Thanks for the welcome.

Moritz
08-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Welcome Jonas, glad to have ya. Feel free to join right in on the conversations or start your own. Plenty of people around to talk to.

Farcaster
08-14-2007, 12:28 PM
We meet every week, alternating between D&D Undermountain and several Sci-Fi or modern games.

Is that Expedition to Undermountain? How do you like it so far?

Jonas Boggs
08-15-2007, 07:11 AM
Is that Expedition to Undermountain? How do you like it so far?

So far it's pretty darn good. It's my first encounter with the "Expedition" series of D&D books and it's basically my first real campaign as a GM, so I'm learning a lot and my group hasn't lynched me yet :)

I like that they give you enough pre-generated adventure that someone new like me can run it and feel like a real adventure has taken place, yet it's open enough that you could create your own content and use the material for years really.

I hope the other "expedition" books are the same. I want to get Demon Web Pits and Greyhawk.