PDA

View Full Version : Neglect

gryfang
08-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Okay so I haven't introduced myself. I figure the line "Welcome to the boards, gryfang. We're glad that you have decided to become a member of the Pen & Paper Games community. Please take a moment to introduce your self." every time I look around was getting a little annoying. So consider myself introduced unless you have any specific questions.

Hi.

Wow that was uneventful.

Skylon
08-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Welcome to the boards, gryfang. We're glad that you have decided to become a member of the Pen & Paper Games community. Thank you for taking a moment to introduce yourself.

Kelbin
08-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Howdy! I am glad to see other new faces here besides my own.

Farcaster
08-10-2007, 06:43 PM
"Please take a moment to introduce your self." every time I look around was getting a little annoying.

LOL! Well, welcome a'board nonetheless. Feel free to jump into the fray. Our conversations here can get ... interesting at times. Its especially fun to stir up trouble with PhishStyx of Moritz, btw. ;)

Moritz
08-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah, both Phishy and I have knee jerk reactions on top of our older than dirt qualities. Wisdom combined with our thumb over the big red button, good times.

Otherwise, glad to have ya.

PhishStyx
08-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Stupid kids. Get offa my lawn!!

Oh wait, that wasn't right.

What was I supposed to say again?

Oh yeah, here it is:
"If I take a lamp and shine it toward the wall, a bright spot will appear on the wall. The lamp is our search for truth... for understanding. Too often, we assume that the light on the wall is God, but the light is not the goal of the search, it is the result of the search. The more intense the search, the brighter the light on the wall. The brighter the light on the wall, the greater the sense of revelation upon seeing it. Similarly, someone who does not search - who does not bring a lantern - sees nothing. What we perceive as God is the by-product of our search for God. It may simply be an appreciation of the light... pure and unblemished... not understanding that it comes from us. Sometimes we stand in front of the light and assume that we are the center of the universe - God looks astonishingly like we do - or we turn to look at our shadow and assume that all is darkness. If we allow ourselves to get in the way, we defeat the purpose, which is to use the light of our search to illuminate the wall in all its beauty and in all its flaws; and in so doing, better understand the world around us."
-G’Kar, Babylon 5

Moritz
08-13-2007, 07:41 AM
So, what happens if the light from the lamp is so intense that it burns a hole through the wall? So much for searching that grid, as it is now gone.

Skunkape
08-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Grids? We don't need no stinkin Grids!

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum.