PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

matts30
08-08-2007, 04:40 PM
My name's Matt, I just moved to the NE Portland area and am looking for a group to play a game or two per month with in the area. I'm 32 years old and am looking for a laid back group, probably for D&D or similar kinda games.

Farcaster
08-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Welcome, Matt! You're in luck because there are lots of players out in your area and two RPG groups. :)

Zine
08-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey Matt, nice to meet you! Hope you enjoy the boards. I am currently in a campaign with another group (there are four of us in all). We get together Fridays or Saturdays -every weekend to every other weekend. There is dinner and beer/sake/wine and a great times- if you ever have a change in your availability then mayhap we can talk about possibly spicing things up with a new player! Also our religions vary ;)

Farcaster
08-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Sake? Sounds like my kind of game. It'd only be a 3-4 hour commute...

Rain_Spider_08
08-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Hi Matt :D let me be the third person to welcome you to pen and paper games :P hope you enjoy it here and I wish you luck on finding a laid back group.

matts30
08-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the invitation Zine. I added you to the buddy list and if my schedule changes I will let you know. It sounds like a good time over there.

matts30
08-09-2007, 01:12 AM
Hey Farcaster, do you know of anything up in that area that I and a friend could look into once a month. I have to go up to Seattle one weekend a month, and it was actually my friend who told me last time I was there that he'd like to get into some light roleplaying, like once a month when I'm around (we grew up playing games as friends). That conversation is what actually prompted me to look into gaming here where I live. Oh, and he lives in North Seattle, near Seattle Pacific.
Bard's Tale, huh, nice. Remember the first Wizardry and Pool of Radiance games; good times.

Zine
08-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Farcaster- Whats a few hours drive between friends? Although you live closer to all the great sake shops!

Kelbin
08-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Cool deal Matt I am glad you have found this place.
I know how bad it can be sometimes when you are in a new place.

Best of Luck!

Ed Zachary
08-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Somebody is on the fast track to earn that "Senior Member" title.

Kelbin
08-10-2007, 02:58 PM
:lol: I don't know about that but I wish everybody the best of luck all the same.

Farcaster
08-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Hey Farcaster, do you know of anything up in that area that I and a friend could look into once a month.

There are a series of monthly games at the Seattle D&D Meetup -- not just D&D either. I know that at the July meetup, there was a Star Wars and a Warhammer RPG game running as well. In any case, once per month the group meets at a local RPG shop in Everett that has 5 or 6 gaming rooms, which is very nice. :) Here is a link to their calendar (http://dnd.meetup.com/192/calendar/). It's not listed yet, but the next gaming event is on August 25th.

Pool of Radiance? Yes, I remember it well. I played it on my Commodore 64 back in the day. I remember the little encoding wheel that came with it as their oh-so-subtle copyright mechanism. Great game. I never played Curse of the Azure bonds though, I missed that one.

Farcaster- Whats a few hours drive between friends? Although you live closer to all the great sake shops!

I've actually considered driving down there and meeting some of the Portland group folks, so it may happen one of these days.

Kelbin
08-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure bonds, I remember them. Those were some good times.