PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Group in Grand Rapids, MI

ajmuszkiewicz
08-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Howdy folks,

I'm moving to Grand Rapids, MI over the next few weeks and am interested in getting together a new DnD group there. I've been a DM and player for about the last 20 years or so (which ends up being most of my life) using countless different systems over the years (I guess I could count them, but why bother) and am really looking forward to getting involved with a new group of gamers up in GR.

I recognize, however, that not every DM is right for every player and not every player is good for every party. I'd like to get together a group of like-minded, mature players whose styles compliment each other. In order to do this, I was thinking about setting up a few game nights once I'm settled in up there for 4-6 gamers at a time (plus me, of course; I'm pulling for 4, but what can you do?). If players end up connecting at these game nights, we could get something going as a regular group.

Just to make things interesting, I'm an RPGA Judge, so we could have these events be RPGA events, earning Rewards Points. The overall idea there is to make sure that everyone gets something out of the experience, even if you don't end up connecting with other players.

Even though this sort of event probably can't happen (on my side of the equation) until September or so, feel free to contact me if you're in the GR area and interested in meeting other players for a relaxed environment.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Adam

Kelbin
08-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Hey Adam I think it would be great too meet up, but sadly I live almost 90 miles away.

On the up side though my Brother in law lives up there so I am in that area a few times a year.

Grimwell
08-12-2007, 01:10 PM
I just left the Grand Rapids area last December! ;p

There are active meetup groups in G.R. and Kalamazoo (45 mins South of you), and you can use that as a springboard to getting started. The gaming stores in G.R. are not supreme, but you can get the things you want, or order the rest.

There is a LOT of gaming in West Michigan, buty ou may have to work a little to find it. G.R. is still a very conservative city, so gaming is still in the early 1990's (when most people hid it).

For a real treat, drive to Battle Creek for a day trip. Visit Titan Games (it is in the phone book and easy to find). The guy who owns that store used to be a higher up in GAMA so his store is a delight!

Good luck!