PDA

View Full Version : Hello, all

Lolipop_Knight
07-31-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm a relative newcomer to pen and paper games, having played for only three years or so. The only books that I own are D&D 3.5, but I'm happy to learn other systems, and have played Star Wars d20 and Lord of the Rings. I live in Minneapolis, and would prefer to be able to reach you by bus/bike, as I lack other means of transportation.

My preferred gaming frequency is monthly/two times a month, since I'm a student in college, and thus really shouldn't use much free time. If your group lacks a player, (or could spare the room) then I'd love to play with you.:)

Sincerely,
Lolipop_Knight

Moritz
07-31-2007, 03:45 PM
We represent the Lollypop Guild, The Lollypop Guild, The Lollypop Guild

Welcome Knight, hopefully you'll get a chance to kill some witches.

Lolipop_Knight
08-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Thank you for your encouragement.

Moritz
08-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Cool. Glad to have ya. Make sure to tell all your friends, neighbors, and comic book store owner of this great place we've got here.

Next topic, "The 2008 Membership Drive".

Rain_Spider_08
08-09-2007, 03:50 PM
My preferred gaming frequency is monthly/two times a month, since I'm a student in college, and thus really shouldn't use much free time. If your group lacks a player, (or could spare the room) then I'd love to play with you.:)

Welcome to pen an paper games :D!!! It's nice to see another college student here. What are you majoring in? I'm majoring in clinical psychology :D

Moritz
08-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah, Rain is secretly observing us nerds in our natural habitat. She'll be doing her thesis on 'the migratory habits of online nerds and how they flock from one game to another'.

Kelbin
08-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey nice to see you. I hope you like it here and are able to find a game to feed your addiction.

Rain_Spider_08
08-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Yeah, Rain is secretly observing us nerds in our natural habitat. She'll be doing her thesis on 'the migratory habits of online nerds and how they flock from one game to another'.

lol actually no, long story short I plan on helping helping people not "researching" them white lab coats aren't my style :p. I'll be helping people with any "issues" or problems they might have and try to help them work thru them.

Lolipop_Knight
08-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks for your wishes, Kelbin.

It's nice to meet you too, Rain. My major is chemical engineering. Sorry that I didn't reply quickly...it's been a long weekend.

Moritz
08-12-2007, 03:28 PM
lol actually no, long story short I plan on helping helping people not "researching" them white lab coats aren't my style :p. I'll be helping people with any "issues" or problems they might have and try to help them work thru them.

Perhaps like gaming addictions? :)

So, I've got this friend who is addicted to CoH (City of Heroes). Plays it all night every night, sleeps most of the day, etc. Last night he was suppose to meet us to go to a Rangers (baseball) game (I'd gotten free tickets - so money wasn't the excuse), he didn't show. His excuse, he lost track of time or some BS. When we sort of expected him to flake out, it was still a disappointment.

Rain_Spider_08
08-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Perhaps like gaming addictions? :)

More like family/parental issues and women who have gotten out of abusive relationships. Let's face it... everybody at least has one issue about their family they could rant about for at least 5 minutes lol.

Moritz
08-13-2007, 05:12 PM
At least one. Most of them I've turned into stand up comic routines. My favorite was when I was 15 or so and my father standing on the front porch in his underwear yelling at me during an electrical storm, "Son, get yer ass in her and start using yer head for somethin other than ah lightin' rod!"

Kelbin
08-13-2007, 07:07 PM
At least one. Most of them I've turned into stand up comic routines. My favorite was when I was 15 or so and my father standing on the front porch in his underwear yelling at me during an electrical storm, "Son, get yer ass in her and start using yer head for somethin other than ah lightin' rod!"

~*~laughs~*~
~*~off to the hospital with a busted gut~*~

Rain_Spider_08
08-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Oh I've got loads of em believe me... I remember once when I was about 7. We lived in a neighborhood that was about a 3rd way done in adding a majority of the houses and there was a HUGE mound of dirt (remember I was short then so everything seemed bigger) next to me and my friends house and it was raining and yet me and the other kids wanted to climb it... Big dirt mountain + me climbing on top of it = being submerged to my neck in thick mud crying and the other kids were freaking out cause I kept sinking... they screamed and my mom ran outside in a shirt reading "chicks dig me" in plaid flannel shorts that said "bit me" and had a stick figure giving the finger while wearing her birkenstocks... I was mortified, covered with mud, crocodile tears streaming down my face, and I lost my brand new rain boots... my mom was not pleased... I know she was not pleased due to the fact she was screaming about how I'm making her late for her date with her gf... And this is one of my more insignificant stories of my dysfunctional family lol