PDA

View Full Version : NOVA-GURPS-Post-Apoc

Wastelander75
07-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Going to be starting a gurps post-apoc game here in Northern,Va. The back story is that it has been 80 years since the bombs have fallen and alot has changed.

Skunkape
07-31-2007, 07:50 AM
Going to be starting a gurps post-apoc game here in Northern,Va. The back story is that it has been 80 years since the bombs have fallen and alot has changed.

Ah, another post-apoc junkie! If I lived closer to you, I'd love to join in. Course distance and time do get in the way from time to time! If you can do so without giving anything away to your players, post some info about your game on the boards. That is, if your players don't come to the boards!

Oh yeah, and I love your quote! I know where it's from to!:D

Thought it was cool that they got Ron to do it!

SpielMeister
07-31-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi,

I believe you also posted this game over on Wizards of the Coast's gamer forums. If so, I replied to your ad there and also sent you an email. Anyway, I've been wanting to find a GURPS group for some time now but it seems almost impossible to find one. I'm in Manassas, so I'm probably not too far from you.

I'm pretty new to GURPS, but I have the 4E core books, and I have played it in at least one session.

It would be great if you could post some info on the game -- such as time, place, how often, when you hope to begin the campaign, etc.

Thanks.

Wastelander75
07-31-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey,
And yeah manassas isn't too far from me about 30mins or so and yep it was me who posted on wizards as well.And what days are you free?I am free on sat and sunday so we can go from there.

Moritz
07-31-2007, 04:15 PM
I wanna play a mutate that's got one eye, one horn, is giant, purple, and eats people! Totally post apocalyptic.

Wastelander75
07-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Me too still waiting on F3 to come out.And I will fill in some details about the game info. I am having the players start off in V13 :D when they first set off into the wastelands

Ah, another post-apoc junkie! If I lived closer to you, I'd love to join in. Course distance and time do get in the way from time to time! If you can do so without giving anything away to your players, post some info about your game on the boards. That is, if your players don't come to the boards!

Oh yeah, and I love your quote! I know where it's from to!:D

Thought it was cool that they got Ron to do it!

SpielMeister
07-31-2007, 04:19 PM
Hey,
And yeah manassas isn't too far from me about 30mins or so and yep it was me who posted on wizards as well.And what days are you free?I am free on sat and sunday so we can go from there.

Well, Sundays aren't good for me. Saturdays, however, are ok, but even that depends on frequency. Have you found any other players yet?

Wastelander75
07-31-2007, 04:22 PM
It looks like I might have 2 maybe 3 others ready just have to call them and find out and Sat would be fine with me what time are you free on sat and how many times are you looking at? I am thinking m 1once or twice a month if you guys can work it.

Skylon
07-31-2007, 04:51 PM
I wanna play a mutate that's got one eye, one horn, is giant, purple, and eats people! Totally post apocalyptic.

I dunno. That'd look strange to me...

SpielMeister
07-31-2007, 09:38 PM
It looks like I might have 2 maybe 3 others ready just have to call them and find out and Sat would be fine with me what time are you free on sat and how many times are you looking at? I am thinking m 1once or twice a month if you guys can work it.

Saturday afternoons work best for me, but going on a bit into the early evening is possible. Once a month would be fine with me, but twice would be ok, too.

PhishStyx
07-31-2007, 09:42 PM

I love those crazy 1950's songs.

(OMG, I found a video of it!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9H_cI_WCnE )

Wastelander75
08-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Sounds great and where would you prefer to game at?Here or in Chantilly?

Saturday afternoons work best for me, but going on a bit into the early evening is possible. Once a month would be fine with me, but twice would be ok, too.

Wastelander75
08-01-2007, 02:05 PM
That is soo funny....I think I have on record @ my parrents house on their juxbox.

I love those crazy 1950's songs.

(OMG, I found a video of it!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9H_cI_WCnE )

SpielMeister
08-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Sounds great and where would you prefer to game at?Here or in Chantilly?

Well, Chantilly is closer, so that would be better. :)

Wastelander75
08-01-2007, 08:26 PM
works for me,I will call the other tomorrow and setup a date that we can meet there and start gettign things going :-)

SpielMeister
08-01-2007, 09:21 PM
works for me,I will call the other tomorrow and setup a date that we can meet there and start gettign things going :-)

Awesome! Just so you know, I will be available this Saturday but not the following Saturday (8/11) since I'll be out of town then.

Wastelander75
08-02-2007, 01:47 PM
okay,well lets set the dat for 8/18 for the begining,this way I know they have the time off for it.

SpielMeister
08-02-2007, 04:27 PM
okay,well lets set the dat for 8/18 for the begining,this way I know they have the time off for it.

I feel kind of dumb asking this now, but it can't hurt: What are the ages of the other players? What is the play style of the group as a whole -- hack and slash, roleplaying, etc.?

Thanks.

Wastelander75
08-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Well I think I am the youngest at 31 and they are a bit in the middle one really loves the roleplaying of it and the other is getting into it.While my other friend does both very well.

SpielMeister
08-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Well I think I am the youngest at 31 and they are a bit in the middle one really loves the roleplaying of it and the other is getting into it.While my other friend does both very well.

Okay, great. I look forward to the 18th.

SpielMeister
08-02-2007, 05:38 PM
One more thing: What will be the time and place for Sat. Aug. 18?

Wastelander75
08-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Lets shoot for 12:30pm/1pm @ the game parlor

SpielMeister
08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Okay, sounds good.

Wastelander75
08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
And the other 2 said they will be there aswell,the 3 will let me know by the end of next week if he can or can't be there.

SpielMeister
08-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Any restrictions on characters or special rules? How many points for point buy? Or are we waiting until our first session to create characters?

PhishStyx
08-03-2007, 09:11 PM
That is soo funny....I think I have on record @ my parrents house on their juxbox.

The title of that record wouldn't happen to be "Goofy Gold," would it?

Wastelander75
08-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Not sure on title will look tomorrow when I go out there and for starting pc's 100pts,3 advanagtes/disadvangtes.36 skill points

SpielMeister
08-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Not sure on title will look tomorrow when I go out there and for starting pc's 100pts,3 advanagtes/disadvangtes.36 skill points

Okay, thanks. How about setting details? I know that it was a nuclear war of some kind (probably), but what else? Are there mutations? What technology level is society now at? What kinds of weapons are available? How is society now structured? Is there a United States at all anymore? Has the government fallen apart completely? What are the most common types of skills/professions? Any other details in addition to the above that you can think of would be helpful, too. The more info I have, the more I'll be able to come up with a character concept.

Thanks. :)

Ed Zachary
08-04-2007, 12:06 PM
How about setting details? I know that it was a nuclear war of some kind (probably), but what else? Are there mutations? What technology level is society now at? What kinds of weapons are available? How is society now structured? Has the government fallen apart completely?

Think of New Orleans after Katrina, or Charlottesville after the Cavaliers won a bowl game named after an auto parts supplier.

Wastelander75
08-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Well you and the others are starting off as vault dwellers.Your familys have beenin here for the last 80 years.The Vaults where constructed by a company called Vault-Tek to construct vaults to help the america way of life survive a war,1000 people would be sent to each vault.Your Vault was built in the mountains in Ca.
Starting equipment will be:
1 Knife
1 10mm Pistol
48 10mm
4 Stimpak
2 Flare
and depending on what skills you have you will also get some bouse equipment aswell
Pick any skills that wouls fit into these guide lines:

Weapons:

Blaster weapons appeared at TL 9+1.

Armor suits (Ballistic and Tactical suit) are avaible at TL8.

Energy/science:

At TL 9+1, almost no nanotechnology is known, and

there is neither antimatter power nor antimatter weapons.

Portable fusion power is known at TL 9+1.
Medicine:

Cellular rejuvenation is known at TL9 but only for

radiation healing.

Computers:

In the Wastes, computers can be powerful and even become

sentient (Artificial Intelligence or something like that), but
they are usually bulky and very little user-friendly designed.

SpielMeister
08-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Well you and the others are starting off as vault dwellers.Your familys have beenin here for the last 80 years.The Vaults where constructed by a company called Vault-Tek to construct vaults to help the america way of life survive a war,1000 people would be sent to each vault.Your Vault was built in the mountains in Ca.

Sounds like a really interesting setting. So basically we have no experience whatsoever of the outside world?

Also, we are at TL 9+1, correct?

Wastelander75
08-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Yes you have very little experience on anything outside the vaul, but the senors on top of the moutain shows little to 0 fallout in the area. Also the TL is as follows:

TL Tribals Small
Towns Towns Vaults BOS/Enclave

Transportation

3-4 4-5 5-6 7

Weapons

3 4-5 5-6 7-8 9+1

Power

3 4-5 5-6 8-9 8-9+1

Medicine

3 4-5 5-6 9 9+1
Computers 6+1 6+2-6+3 6+4

The vault has no transportaion units so you will be traveling by foot when you leave the vault.

SpielMeister
08-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Wastelander,

How are we going to spot each other at the Game Parlor in Chantilly this Saturday? I could always just look for the guy with the pile of GURPS books, right? :)

Wastelander75
08-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I will have a black AEX hat on and just ask the guys at the desk for Jon :)

Wastelander75
08-18-2007, 06:04 PM
http://gurps.fallout.free.fr/

here is the site with some extra info on it for you Spielmeister

SpielMeister
08-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the link. Also, it turns out I'll be available next Saturday, so I'd definitely be up for a game then if everyone else can make it.

Wastelander75
08-19-2007, 07:49 AM
let me talk with the guys and see if they can do it.