PDA

View Full Version : ronpyatt - a Dallas Organizer

ronpyatt
09-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Oh, I think I started role playing way back when I didn't know they had rules for RPGs. Maybe that's too far back. I officially started RPGs in high school. I listened in on some gamers talking about their character's latest exploits. I soon had a character playing a Professor X knock-off in Champions (old HERO system). I was instantly hooked. After a couple sessions I was asked by my GM to run a game called Psi World, which I did.
Most of my players were the type that didn't like psionics, but they were quick converts once the game got started. When they kept coming back for more adventures I got hooked on GMing.

I've played Gamma World, Aftermath, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, D&D 1st. 3rd & 3.5 ed, Villains & Vigilantes, Mutants and Masterminds, Rifts, Ecto, Dream Realm, Fudge, Risus, Universalis, Tunnels and Tolls, Cyberspace, Shadowrun, Role Master, Marvel, Wushu, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, The Burning Wheel, Swordbearer, D6 modern, Deadlands, Dog in the Vinyard, Fairy Meat, FATE, Car Wars twisted into an rpg, Paranoia, Savage Worlds, TORG, Traveller, Call of Cthulhu, Witchcraft, Status Quo, Truth & Justice, D & D'lite, and that's all I can think of right now.

I've read many other games, and I've created characters in a lot of them I've never played, such as Mage, Vampire, Changeling, and Werewolf. And still others I've wanted to play but have not, like Ars Magica.

I have been organizing meet up events in the Dallas area for a few years now.

Farcaster
09-12-2006, 08:19 PM
I've read many other games, and I've created characters in a lot of them I've never played, such as Mage, Vampire, Changeling, and Werewolf. And still others I've wanted to play but have not, like Ars Magica.

I played Ars Magica a few years back... A few? I guess it was 6 years ago now. Anyway, it was a lot of fun.

michael
01-02-2010, 09:57 PM
ronpyatt still around FTW! Thanks for the Google wave invite. I got it and have used several of my invites!

You have the oldest intro post!