PDA

View Full Version : palladium games

finn69
07-21-2007, 10:12 AM
hello everyone. I have a suggestion. how about a section on the fourms for PALLADIUM BOOKS GAMES? they have many games that cover the range of rpg genres from FANTASY to SUPER HEROES to DARK FUTURE/POST APOCOLYPSE.

Moritz
07-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Palladium books are filled with so many words.

But Finn69(dude) has a good point. I've not played Palladium in years, but it'd be nice to discuss Rifts and Heroes Unlimited, both were jacked up and totally sweet. Loved the robot hordes that wanted to take over the multiverse. I used them frequently.

finn69
07-27-2007, 09:16 PM
i believe that those robot hordes you are refering to are the mechanoids and actually the leaders of them were actually super cyborgs with psychic powers.

PhishStyx
07-28-2007, 12:37 AM
In fact, most Palladium games would go in the Horror/Dark Future section, ie Rifts, Beyond the Supernatural, Nightspawn/bane, Mechanoids, and Splicers are all either horror of some variant or post-apocalyptic games.

Heroes Unlimited is a supers game, and Palladium Fantasy is obviously fantasy.

I don't really see any of these needing a special forum; just start up some threads about them in the appropriate General Discussion forum and have at it! :)

finn69
08-01-2007, 02:24 PM
well then where would you classify ninjas and super spies , teenage mutant ninja turtle (i know they no longer make that game but the old books are still out there) advanced recon , systems failure , and of course robotech (and i do believe that this one while not currently in print other than old backstock is about to be re released under a new liscense agreement with palladium)

PhishStyx
08-01-2007, 10:41 PM
well then where would you classify ninjas and super spies , teenage mutant ninja turtle (i know they no longer make that game but the old books are still out there) advanced recon , systems failure , and of course robotech (and i do believe that this one while not currently in print other than old backstock is about to be re released under a new liscense agreement with palladium)

Well, Ninjas & SuperSpies is the hardest to place but I'm somewhat inclined to give it to sci-fi/futuristic because it seems more light-hearted (more James Bond than) than most of the dark future type games (Shadowrun, cyberpunk, etc.), TMNT is a super heroes game of course, Systems Failure is pretty much a toss up between science fiction and a "dark future" (although I'd lean toward the dark future element myself), and Robotech is clearly science fiction.

Advanced Recon seems to be a war based rpg, but I haven't ever played it, nor do I know anyone who's played it. In fact, I don't know anyone who owns a copy (well, Mike Taylor might).

Personally, I'd really like for the board to have it's own cyberpunk/spies & espionage forum because those 2 seem to go so well together, and they bear enough topics of their own to support a unique forum (unlike a Palladium games forum).

Moritz
08-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Ninjas - Super Heroic when fighting the Tick. Or. Medieval Japan.

Super Spies - Modern along side Bond, James Bond. Or just Danger International.

TMNT - Futuristic along with their buddies the Teenagers from Outer Space. Nah, Super Heroes like Phishy says.

Advanced Recon - Depending on what era you wanted to play in. But to me I think of Mechwarrior.

Systems Failure??? - Space Action?