PDA

View Full Version : Player Choices

Moritz
07-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Smoking vs Non Smoking

Children vs Non Children

Significant Other plays or doesn't play

Hey Farcaster, how about one or all of these as an option in picking players for a gaming group? Or listings in player profiles

Ed Zachary
07-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Smoking vs Non Smoking

Definitely no smoking.

Children vs Non Children

Disruptions happen, but should be limited.

Couples.

Moritz
07-21-2007, 02:04 PM
There ya go Ed. But I was hoping to see those questions answered on profiles LOL :)

However, your answers are on par with how I'd answer.

rabkala
08-05-2007, 04:11 PM
If you get too personal in the profiles, it could scare people away. It's like demanding to know somebody's complete medical background, job history, educational achievement, religious affiliation, criminal record, sexual orientation, socioeconomic standing, and familial bonds. These are things that should be weighed and hashed out once the connection is made. Some things differ on a case by case basis. Why not just deal with gaming related issues?

All of these can cause conflict, but do not need to be a great influence. I have played with smokers in non-smoking homes who had no problem abstaining and non-smokers who didn't mind some smoke. Children shouldn't be a factor at all, unless you plan on allowing minors to play in the game. Although, I have had 14year olds act more mature at times in an open game than 40 year olds. The only time I have had problems with significant others, is when the DM has one whom plays.

Kelbin
08-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Smoking vs Non Smoking

No smoking inside

Children vs Non Children

I have twins, but I try to minimize the disruptions.

Nope she isn't even interested.

PhishStyx
08-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Smoking vs Non Smoking
Very NON smoking, in fact, if I can even hear you smoking, I might cancel. I don't really care if you kill yourself, but I don't want to be around it at all.

I don't even want to be around my mother smoking. She loves me so much that she won't stop long enough for me to visit. Makes me feel all squishy inside, ya know?

Children vs Non ChildrenPlaying? Are fine by me if they can sit still & listen (I know a large number of adults who cannot, so I think this is important to learn early)
Not playing? Are ok, if they can be relatively quiet when in the room

Significant Other plays or doesn't playAs long as they play well.