PDA

View Full Version : New Campaign - ALIEN

Inquisitor Tremayne
07-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Something I've been thinking about for awhile since I love the movies.

Would anyone be interested in playing?

Probably through one of the boards here at pnp.

Probably take place after ALIENS.

Using D20 Modern.

rabkala
10-20-2007, 09:02 PM
July...Why no interest people? Still interested Inquisitor Tremayne?

I would be interested! It has been a few years since I played a pbp. D20 future with all the gadgets, it could be cool!

Maybe you could bend some SW canon and use saga rules. Then put the aliens in some little seen corner of the universe. Not quite the same, but I would be up for that too.

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Actually there is rumor that the Aliens made an appearance in Episode I when Padme addresses the senate. Somewhere in that scene there are supposed to be Aliens participating in the senate.

Which means Aliens are officially canon!

And they usually make an appearance in all of my SW games at least once.

If anyone else is interested then I'll start it up either before or after the Resident Evil campaign.

GBVenkman
12-08-2007, 12:50 PM
That's so funny. I watched the first two movies a few weeks ago and was thinking how cool it would be to throw some aliens in the middle of my campaign.

I think the star wars saga setting would be the best with Alien since you can just make it a few missions long inside a larger SW story.

How would you play your game online? If it's easy to do, I may be interested if it's with Saga rules. I'm trying to master Saga edition, so I don't really have time with school/work/girlfriend/DMing to learn and buy new books..

edit: If you come up with some stats for an alien in saga, post it!

Inquisitor Tremayne
12-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Here you go!

ALIEN low level

Medium Beast 3 CL 2
Init +8; Senses Perception +8

Defenses Ref 14 (flat-footed 12), Fort 12, Will 12
hp 21; Threshold 12
Immune mind-affecting effects, all environmental hazards

Speed 8 squares
Melee bite +6 (1d8+4, gore), claw +6 (1d6+4), sting +6 (1d6+4)
Base Atk +2; Grp +6
Atk Options Gore, Acid for Blood, Pin
Special Actions Alien language, Dormant, Stealth bonus

Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10
Feats Pin
Skills Initiative +8, Stealth +8 (+18)

Gore when the ALIEN makes a successful bite attack it gets to make another immediate gore attack with its inner mouth at the same bonus and it deals 1d8+4 damage on a successful hit.

Acid for blood. Whenever an ALIEN takes damage over its threshold any adjacent creatures risk getting sprayed with its acid blood. Make an attack (1d20+3 [the level of the Alien]) on a successful hit the creature takes acid damage, see page 252.

Stealth Bonus. When the Alien is in its self made environment it gains a +10 bonus on stealth checks because it blends so naturally.

Dormant. When an Alien is in hibernation it gives off no life signs. It can be awakened by any movement, smell, or sound that comes near.

Alien Language. The aliens have their own language which is a series of hissing sounds.

I made it a CL 2 because of the acid for blood damage. And they almost tore apart my group of players because of it.

GBVenkman
03-09-2008, 03:24 PM
There's a guy on wizard's forum that had a TPK with his alien version. I don't think he was too fair to his players, but you can compare your build to his at least:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=998836:

Well, I finally had a TPK in SAGA. And, my first ever Star Wars TPK. Here's the scenario. The pc's brought in some starship coolant that was bad and messed up the local regent's personal ship, so he put a bounty on the pc's heads unless they could come up with some fresh coolant fast. So they decided to get it from an old derelict hulk left over from the clone wars (My campaign takes place between the DNT and the whole Evil Caedus nobody storyline thingy).

Well, the party was made up of a Scoundrel 5, a Noble 5, a Jedi 5, and a Jedi 4. They were ambushed by some antique droideka's and battle droids (no contest). As a DM I planned to have the group seperate, so I put the coolant tanks on one level of the derelict, but the actual coolant and the manual pumps on another. Lurking below in the engineering section was an "Alien", borrowed heavily from the "Aliens" franchise.
As the Noble is climbing down the ladder I describe to him that several rungs of the ladder are missing, they appear melted. He says "Hmm, Blaster fire?" He makes a Perception check and gets a Natural 20, putting his check into the 30's. He has the Educated talent so I say "No, it looks like some kind of corrosive acid."
So anyway, he goes into the coolant room, starts pumping, gets whacked, but manages to call for help to the other pc's, and hits the alien once with his heavy blaster pistol. They all come running down the steps. Jedi 5 makes it there first, but goes into the wrong room. Jedi 4 stops to think and decide to take it slow. Scoundrel 5 goes running in half cocked. Unfortunately the "Alien" was waiting just inside the door. He is grabbed and taken through the cieling, where he lasts one more round until he bites the dust. I describe his final moments as a "Screams followed by gurgling sounds coming through the comlinks." Plus, the jedi felt him die because he was force sensitive.
So, Jedi 4 and Jedi 5 come into the room, look around, see blood everywhere, see the dead Noble, and decide to take the body back for proper burial. They don't see the alien, but see a hole in the cieling and decide to get the heck out of there. They return to the ladderwell to start climbin up. Little do they know the Alien is waiting to ambush them in the ladderwell.
Jedi 5 goes up 1st. He fails his Perception roll in the very dark derelict, and the alien attacks (readied action) and misses. Next round Jedi 4 tells Jedi 5 to draw his lightsaber on his next action he will use the force to throw him into the alien. I'm thinking "yeah, right".
So alien comes up again and rips the jedi 5 into nothing. Jedi 5 burns a Force Point to keep from dying, and slowly drifts off to the side in the zero-g derelict. So, jedi 4 decided to climb up the ladder to challenge the alien. he has already activated his DR 10, so he stands a good chance. He spends a destiny point to auto crit, but doesn't take the alien down. Alien goes again and knockes him down to about half dead.
Jedi 4 decides to use battle strike. He fumbles and gets a natural 1. I tell him to make a Dex save of DC 10. He has a Dex score of 18, but he gets a 4. That equals 8, and he already spend an FP to increase damage from battle Strike, so I think. Okay, small little ladderwell. Body to the left, body to the right. 50/50 shot of hitting himself or his buddy. had each of em roll a d6 (high roll got hit). Jedi 5 rolls a 6, Jedi 4 rolls a 1. Jedi 5 gets cut in half, and takes the final jump.
Alien attacks with bite, 2 claws, and razor tail and finishes off the jedi 4. All in all the pc's managed to get the Alien down to 48 hp, and knocked it one step down the track.
~sigh~ And I feel good for some strange reason. :)
Anyways, here are the stats for the "Alien"
Alien
Large Beast 8
Init +4; Senses: Perception +4
Defenses: Ref 20; Fort 15; Will 13
HP: 88; Threshold 20
Speed: 8, Climb 4
Melee Attack: +14 Bite (1d6+12)
Full Attack: +14 Bite (1d6+12) plus +9 Two Claws (1d4+12) plus +9 Razor Tail (1d8+12)
Base Attack: +6, Grapple +14
SA: Acid Spit +8 Ranged Area Attack (3 square Line); Acid Splash (Whenever Alien takes damage, roll 1d20+8. This is an area attack that affects all characters adjacent to the alien. If the attack is successful, the target is hit by acid. If it misses, the target takes half damage and is unaffected by the acid during further rounds).
Abilities: Str 26; Dex 14; Con 20; Int 2; Wis 16; Cha 8
SQ: Natural Armor 8; Acid Blood; Silicon Based Lifeform
Feats: Skill Focus (Stealth, Survival)
Skills: Stealth +24; Survival +25