PDA

View Full Version : Humanity Will Rise Again

Metal Fatigue
03-08-2015, 02:32 PM
"Our ancestors lived in freedom. They had great magics: they harnessed the lightning, they crossed the sky, their cities and towers cast great shadows across the land. But then the Lords came, and brought the Frozen World with them. In a heartbeat the magics of the old world fell, and the walls of ice ground the mighty cities into dust.

"The Lords say our ancestors were criminals, sinners, madmen. The Lords say our ancestors raped the land and slew the beasts, fought endless wars with terrible weapons. The Lords say they came from the forests, the seas, the mountains, the caves, to protect the world our ancestors cared nothing for. We know the truth, though: once we were free and brave.

"Now we live as servants to the Lords: the elves, the dwarves, the goblins, the giants, the djinn, and the mighty dragons. They use us as workers and slaves, the men as soldiers, the women as whores, the children as food—and they say it is just. But we know it is a lie.

"Humanity will rise again."

Post-apocalyptic epic fantasy: the modern world destroyed by a magical Ice Age. Take back what is rightfully yours! D&D 5e campaign, 4-6 players, weekly or biweekly. It would be nice if I didn't have to host, or at least not all the time, but I can if I must.