PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition reactions, good, bad, or indifferent

fmitchell
12-30-2014, 11:59 PM
The other evening I finally sat down and read my PDF of the full Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition. Mine came from Kickstarter, but it's now available to everyone from the Chaosium site. The dead tree version will arrive sometime in the first quarter of 2015, allegedly.

So, what's the general consensus? The free Quickstart has been available since at least July, so I assume anyone who's interested has a (hopefully well-informed) opinion. I've read vocal critics on the forums and good reviews elsewhere, including vague praise from Sandy Peterson.

For now I'll keep my reactions to myself, but I'd like to hear other opinions. (Maybe not the RPG.net reviewer's, since he's already made his reaction perfectly clear.) Anyone? Anyone? Warren! Warren! Answer me, are you there?

Nattsurf
02-01-2017, 10:14 AM
I am a huge fan of H.P. Lovecraft, and ''The Call of Cthulhu'' happens to be my favorite story (played the PC game based on it a couple years ago as well), so yes I must have this! Can't wait to get it to be honest, will let you know what I think once I do, but from what I have heard so far it really sounds awesome! But then again, anything that is part of the lovecraftian lore is so awesome, at least to me.

DannyTheGamer
02-19-2017, 04:11 AM
Me too I'm big fan of H.P. Lovecraft, and ''The Call of Cthulhu''. I have played the old version about 15 years ago. That was amazing nad then I start playing Magic the gathering. Now I have decided to get back to role playing games. My old friends don't play anymore that's why I'm looking for new players. Any one is interesed?