PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Tondra
07-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi all

The board asked me to introduce myself, so I am (yes, I know it's automated, but it was still polite about it :D).

I have played almost exclusively D&D (although I used to enjoy a good game of Gamma World back in the day -- oops, just gave away my age :rolleyes:). I have also briefly flirted with super-hero type rpg.

I'm 42, and I began playing back when I was about 15. But I had a long hiatus from about when I was 20 until several years ago. I then got back into D&D again (3.5 this time) and still enjoyed it after all these years (to the point where I am now considering trying my hand at GMing in the vaguely foreseeable future). I had to stop when my wife and I had our son (our first) 2 years ago and I became a full-time Daddy, but I'm ready to start playing again (especially now that I've moved to a new part of the country and don't know a soul).

Please don't let my age scare you; in my last group, the players' ages ranged from 18 to 40 and we all had a good time.

My wife, son and I have just moved to Greensboro, NC and I am looking to start gaming again.

Any and all help (game offers, names/locations of gaming stores, etc.) will be greatly appreciated.

Robert

Farcaster
07-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Please don't let my age scare you

Welcome, good sir. I generated the attached chart a couple months ago, but it definitely shows that, at least amongst the gamers here, there are plenty of 30+ gamers So take heart. :)

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25&d=1179076287

Happy Hunting!

Moritz
07-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah, it's all good Tondra, I'm 38 myself, and there's a good number of us old farts hangin out on here trying to live vicariously through the kids who are still in college and game all night long.