PDA

View Full Version : P&PG ChristCon

DMMike
11-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Alright, maybe that's not the best choice for a name, but with holidays coming up some people are going to have more time for a good, old fashioned, online game!

December 13 or 20th?

Who's in?

Matt James
11-14-2014, 08:08 AM
Sounds awesome! I'll scrap together more swag from WotC to hand out (by the way, if any other company wants to have their products highlighted, we can make that work! WotC is the only one that does right now).

DMMike
11-17-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm itching to run another Skyrim game on my ever-evolving rule set. And what better setting for flying reindeer? Or mischievous elves?

What I really need to hash out though, is a way to make the game a dungeon-crawl competition. Multiple players join, but the PC that survives the longest wins the prize. I'm seeing some player voting, with a game transcript for reference...

seadogstyle
11-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Hi there, sounds awesome! Also, I, for one, love the name of the con. :P An alternative may be: X-Con: Apo-copyright-infringement. For dates, I have more time on the 13th, because Umi's running a game on the 20th. But I'm just a player so my availability is much less important than the greater good. Anyway, keep up the good work, gents!

DMMike
11-26-2014, 10:12 AM
Let's do the 13th then. And make it official. Maybe Matt can give us one of those cool blue thread backgrounds for it.

Can Umi run a game on the 13th, too? I'll run another Skyrim game, just because it's so fun to send Youtube soundtrack messages through the chat interface. And I'll send out some invites for game masters.

Imma start a thread in the normal forum about my game, and start one in Find Or Advertise for the con. If anyone's eavesdropping and wants to help, now's the time to chime in!

Umiushi
11-26-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm currently scheduled to run one of my regular games on Sunday, December 14th. I'm not interested in running two games back-to-back, but I will consult with the gaming group at our session this coming Sunday to see if they would be interested in having me run a pick-up game on December 13th, instead. However, the experience we had running an open Halloween-themed game in P&PG chat during October was sub-optimal, so I would not be surprised if they reject this proposal. If they do agree to it, I have a fourth edition D&D adventure for 3rd level characters that I can open to other players and run in two sessions: "Dealing with the Restless." The first session can be on December 13th as part of this event.

DMMike
11-26-2014, 11:07 PM
So...pending Umiushi. Cool.

Find or Advertise thread is here: http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/29984-PPG-s-1st-Annual-HoliCon

Seadog, GM or player on the 13th? If GM, I need your game info.

seadogstyle
11-26-2014, 11:14 PM
Hi, DMMike. I was just looking into it as a player, so if dates are still/become an issue, please defer to whatever works best for the DMs.

Umiushi
11-28-2014, 03:48 AM
Unfortunately, I learned today that I have another commitment on December 13th, so I won't be available to run a game on that date. However, I will still make an announcement about it to my players on Sunday, and maybe some of them will join Seadogstyle in attending the event.