PDA

View Full Version : I'm drekmore - we need Chaos Gamers

drekmore
07-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Exclusive North of Dallas group is looking for Chaos Gamers

What is a Chaos Gamer?

A Chaos Gamer is a mature gamer who has a job and has a life that he likes. He seeks the stress relief of a group of friends joking laughing sharing problems and generally having a good time. Some call it boys night and some call it poker night. It’s more about the group dynamic than about the game we happen to be playing.

Who are we looking for? Our ideal candidate is somebody with a basic understanding of role playing who can bring a lot of interesting things to the table. He is smart, funny, and generally happy, likes to laugh and to be laughed at and puts family before anything else. He is a magician on the grill and can balance three beers on his nose while juggling bowling pins (?). He is great story teller with a vivid imagination who likes to entertain and to be entertained in return.

Here are some basic guidelines for any potential member of the group......

He is at least 21 years of age...
He owns shoes he can polish (not combat boots)...
He owns a suit (not of armor)...
He owns a tie and knows how to tie it...
He drinks or is tolerant of alcohol...
He smokes or tolerates cigars...
He thinks Star Wars and Serenity are way cooler than Star Trek and Stargate...
He can talk about things other than his old games and characters...
He can't quote the GURPS rule book and may not even know what GURPS stands for...
He thinks game rules are merely guidelines...
He has had coitus more than ten times with at least one willing live female human without paying for it...
He understands that we say “He” for a specific reason. This is “BOYS NIGHT” Sorry ladies.

If you are a convention-going, storm trooper armor-wearing, Simpsons comic book guy-like type of gamer, this is not the group for you. We are not looking for hard core gamers here. We are looking for new friends who are loyal and dependable, creative, and avid readers of fiction and fantasy.

One time event. Thursday, August 9, 7:00p. HobbyTownUSA 8041 Walnut Hill, Dallas, TX 75231

Moritz
07-17-2007, 05:10 PM
You should hold all your games at strip clubs.

Vimachipal
07-17-2007, 05:19 PM
He understands that we say “He” for a specific reason. This is “BOYS NIGHT” Sorry ladies.

Do I detect a hint of insecurity?

spotlight
07-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Well, I'm game enough to try, but why the intrest in coitus???

I pretty much fit all your descriptions, but I hope your not wanting an 'adult' group like the one I encountered down in San Antonio. It was the only 'Champions' champaige running in the area.

As for comparing Star Wars with Steer Trick, uuhh, never mind. I'll keep my Star Fleet Battles stuff in storage for a few more days....

Dimthar
07-17-2007, 07:33 PM
You should hold all your games at strip clubs.

How many wings do you need to order to have a Hooters Party? There's a Games Marathon this weekend (www.dallasgames.com) and I was wondering what would it take for us to organize a similar event.

Anyway ...

I need a group, but it's a little vague which requirements are Jokes *Sigh*

By the Way... is English a requisite? Just kidding ...

drekmore
07-17-2007, 09:34 PM
We are a bunch of married guys with kids and degrees and jobs. I myself was hardcore when I was 16, but that was 16. This is basically poker night with GURPS instead of poker. If you are interested, show up on the 9th and we'll talk about it.

Oh, and as far as strip clubs, yes, we have a "Lodge Fund" and we hit the Lodge twice a year or so.

drekmore
07-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Oh and the "no ladies" is so we can actually do this with our wives permission (and so we can talk about women in that way guys do). Sorry.

drekmore
07-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Our yahoo group - groups.yahoo.com/group/dallaschaosgamers

itfc_rob
07-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Damn, if you weren't holding your event the same night as the first Cowboys game I'd be there. And yes, I am serious.

- Rob

drekmore
07-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Rob,

There is a Dave and Buster's right next to HobbyTown. Pop by HobbyTown, let us know what you look like, and then go to D&B to watch the game. Come back by at half time (we'll be there after hours), and we'll chat, and then if the game is any good, you're back off to D&B. Some of our group might even join you.

Problem solved.

Moritz
07-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Damn, if you weren't holding your event the same night as the first Cowboys game I'd be there. And yes, I am serious.

- Rob

I'm actually surprised that there's a 'game' during the Cowboys game.

drekmore
07-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Most of us don't watch tons of sports, we are gamers after all...

Ed Zachary
07-30-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm actually surprised that there's a 'game' during the Cowboys game.

Somebody should've told the Cowboys that last year.

drekmore
07-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Let me explain a little more, we're not trying to be jerky, we are just a different kind of group and we know it.

A few of us were "hard core" when we were 16, and proudly wear our goob badge. It's just that we now have serious (and sometimes kinda gooby) jobs, wives and kids.

We've tried to fit "regular gamers" in our group and they hated us more than we had a problem with them. "Are we ever going to stop talking and play?" "You can't do that, it says on page 34..." "None of you watch Stargate?!"

The easiest way to think of it is classic poker night: cigars, beers, sometimes a nice brandy, chips and dip, talk about work and women. Just replace the game of poker with a game of GURPS.

Drekmore

Ed Zachary
08-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I consider myself a closet gamer - in the real world, I'm a Chiropractor. My patients and many of local friends are totally unaware that I participate in things that are unconventional (gaming) and often considered taboo or weird - as it could hurt my business. It stems from the 70's and 80's, when D&D was thought to be a cult of Satan and if you played you were in the back room summoning demons and making favor with the devil. Oh, and if we've not forgotten, we live in the buckle of the bible belt. Those witch hunters still exist.

Mongoloid he was a mongoloid
Happier than you and me
And it determined what he could see
One chromosome too many
And it determined what he could see
And he wore a hat
And he had a job
And he brought home the bacon
So that no one knew
His friends were unaware
Nobody even cared

Mongoloid on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ONnDNRJng)