PDA

View Full Version : Tephra RPG

Jbwncster
09-22-2014, 09:03 PM
I found a new RPG called Tephra: The Steampunk RPG (2012) is a steampunk role-playing game by Cracked Monocle.

The setting contains many aspects of steampunk, including trains, airships, and large numbers of independent inventors. There are a number of biomes, such as forests, deserts, grasslands, and jungles. Electricity is present in some parts of the continent, but is still a novelty. The use of fossil fuels is absent with steampower - often powered by aether resonators - the dominant power source.

The game is set on another planet, known as Tephra. It is orbited by a single fractured moon, Aeon. The main continent is Rilausia, which has several countries, each with different themes. The central country is Evangless, which is ruled by a monarchy and where slavery is banned. To the southeast is Zelhost, a heavily industrialized nation populated by Haudi Humans that uses slave labor. To the southwest is Izeda, a desert nation whose people travel in caravans. To the northeast is Dalvozzea, governed by a ruling council of Winged Farishtaas, angelic beings with large wings capable of flight. In the northwest is Arakrith, a nation ruled by former satyr slaves who won their freedom from Haudis.

The core races of Tephra are humans, ayodin, elves, farishtaa, gnomes, and satyrs. Ayodin are sea-going mammals who can breath on land and in the water. Elves are hulking brutes, tall and muscular, but hunched over and with mottled bruised skin. Farishtaa resemble the classic fantasy elves and are created by scientifically injecting essence into an elf. Satyrs were genetically engineered by Haudis to act as slaves by fusing humans with hoofed animals such as goats, cows, and horses.

I have all the documents if anyone would like to use them just contact me. I am also looking for people to play with.