PDA

View Full Version : Article suggestions

Matt James
09-15-2014, 08:31 AM
Give me your thoughts on the type of articles you would like to see (the ones that appear on the home page). I'll be heavily invested at first in writing them, with the intention of bringing in other industry-insiders to provide the insight and knowledge. Anything and everything from game design to development, publishing to printing.

Let me know what you're interested in.

DMMike
09-15-2014, 09:45 PM
Industry news, like new RPGs, industry crossovers (RPG to movie), feelgood stories (gamer saves cat), and tips on improving GMing and game groups wouldn't hurt.

And site highlights. So-and-so just uploaded a great file. Or Some-young-guy just started this hot thread. Obviously, news about monthly cons.

Matt James
09-16-2014, 08:28 AM
Great suggestions.

jpatterson
09-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Analysis of gaming ideas and terms (crunch, lite, preferred gaming styles or systems of different types of players), free or simple/easy to learn rpgs for new people or for gamers to try out new games or introduce non-gamers, like sites like 1km1kt, etc.

Matt James
09-18-2014, 05:44 PM
oh, I like that. Interested in drafting one up for the inaugural one?

cplmac
09-18-2014, 10:12 PM
As I will be starting my EMT class next Tuesday, I will need to wait until after it is done before trying to provide items that could be used for this. This does sort of seem like the old "Ask the DM" section, only better and with more types of articles/info that can be given by anyone that is willing to participate in providing something for everyone else to read.