PDA

View Full Version : homebrew

Azbotti
08-19-2014, 12:41 PM
I was wondering if anyone here had any experience writing a homebrew as i was looking into writing it up for the Warhammer 40K system. Even if you dont know the system id like to here your opinion on writing homebrews

DMMike
08-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Writing homebrews is lots of fun!

Writing -good- homebrews is lots of work!

I'm talking about homebrewed RPG rules, so I'll have to give you a completely different response if you were referring to homebrewed adventures or settings. Do as much playtesting as possible, to make sure that everything works the way you expect it to. And much like a dog, remember that no one's going to love your homebrew as much as you do!

The link in my signature leads to the version I just published.

Azbotti
08-20-2014, 12:05 PM
it happened that i came across an alternate lore line for Warhammer 40K and its games it had potential and even fit well into the general guidlines of the rules but several things would have to be modified from the story to the game itself for i like Rogue Trader out of everything ive seen of Warhammer 40K so i was going to do several things starting with the fixing of the problems and plot holes left in the lore then move on to the rules editing the things that would need it and adding in a few rules from an alternate homebrew that ive used before as it give standard rules for the Xenos or aliens of the game however even that id have to change up and alter the problems presented

tesral
10-15-2014, 02:47 AM
I've been GMing the same one for 38 years. I think it safe to say I like it.

While pre prepared Campaign settings have the advantage of being done for you, you still need to take ownership of it once you start the game. Then become homebrews ovewr time.

The homebrew advantage is that no one can tell you how the Old Sage should act because they read such and such source book.

Your world, your rules either way.