PDA

View Full Version : GURPS Million Stars

DoctorRomulus
08-09-2014, 07:59 AM
GURPS (if you have not played GURPS or are unfamiliar with it see the links below) will be the primary system for the group and the first game I run will be a 5 to 7 session campaign arc involving the MILLION STARS EMPIRE.

THE MILLION STARS EMPIRE is a human dominated empire set more than a 1000 years in the future. The MSE is ruled by an emperor and the Imperial Senate as well as Arch-Dukes who are each given authority over regions called Provinces. Each Province can contain from a dozen to several hundred star systems. The PC's will begin as the crew of an exploratory vessel on the Frontier looking to make contact with new civilizations and establish trade relations for the Empire. The Empire is not "evil" per se, but trade and power are the primary incentives of it's leadership. There is not over-arching culture in a setting such as this and while basic rights are given lip service by the Empire and for the most part upheld. What a character does on one world without getting so much as a look, on another world it can bring the death penalty. The MSE's primary enforcement arm is the Imperial Navy with The StarMarines as it's iron fist and vanguard. Worlds are pretty much left to their own way of doing things so long as they don't mess with order the MSE sets down. Starships can cross the empire in hours or at most days. The largest ships can be miles long with the exception of the Emperor's Throne-Ship which is hundreds of miles in length and width. The smallest starships are the size of a large cargo van and usually only used for short hops to nearby systems and crewed by one or two people. Terraforming exists but takes decades to complete. Power generation ranges from fusion cells to singularity reactors to Zero Point Generators used by the MSE's Science Academy.

More information will be available in a mini-gazetteer later for those who show interest as I'm still in the process of developing the campaign.

Characters will be built with a starting range between 135 and 160 points with 75 points in Disadvantages and 5 points for Quirks.
Character concepts: You are members of an exploration vessel in the Imperial Merchant Scout Service - think Star Trek:Voyager with a Firefly attitude.

The general GURPS site > http://www.sjgames.com/gurps

This are the GURPS Lite Rules (They're FREE) > http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/lite/

trechriron
08-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Man this sounds awesome! I wish I wasn't 2500+ miles away!! :-)