PDA

View Full Version : any players near Okmulgee?

Zorrock
07-25-2014, 04:43 AM
it's impossible to find any websites with groups done here.. I have absolutely no experience with D&D or stuff like this but I happen to be a fast and able learner. I have been interested in finding people to play with for the past couple years but only now am I trying since I recently moved to Okmulgee which is closer to Tulsa. I figured it was more likely to find people that play D&D here.

jpatterson
07-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Hi Zorrock, welcome to the site and forums! I live in northeast Oklahoma, about 45 mins from Tulsa between Claremore and Vinita, so not quite close enough for me, which is why I run games online here. But I wanted to say hi to a fellow Okie and encourage you to keep looking and also to jump into some discussions on the forum and also join us in the chatroom here on PPG. There is also an "online convention" Aug 16 with some game slots open, if you saw the convention forum category, you might want to look at. Welcome again and best of luck to you!

Zorrock
07-26-2014, 01:46 PM
My hometown is Kansas, OK. so I have a pretty good idea where you are im not over there very often being a college student with little money. thank you very much for the welcome and I am loving this site. it will take a while to get the hang of it but so far its amazing me. there are RPGs on here I never knew existed.

jpatterson
07-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Great to hear, Zorrock, and yeah that's something I think is great about this site and about when I first was getting into gaming, and some older friends were telling me about "callacathooloo" and Shadowrun and Runequest and other games I hadn't heard of. I had just figured out how to play original redbox D&D so I was like "look at all these games trying to rip off D&D". I was so young, heh.