PDA

View Full Version : Darkfast Dungeons Print and Play Game Kickstarter

okumarts
07-08-2014, 10:03 AM
I hope this is the right place to post this on here.

I'll just say hello then.

My name is David Okum and for a few years now I've been running Okumarts Games. It's a small cottage industry gaming company specializing in digital only print and play tabletop games and game accessories.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=3639

There are 32 products in the store so far and when I wanted to create the grand-daddy dungeon crawl set I've been playtesting for so long I decided to go to Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/758595332/darkfast-dungeons

I wanted to create a game that old players like myself could play and enjoy a full dungeon crawl experience without any planning or commitment. I still play role playing games with the same group the past 30 years, but there are times when I come home from work, feed the kids and sit down a few minutes before they are scheduled to arrive and wonder, "what the heck am I going to do in the game tonight?" It's hard to shift those gears sometimes when there are real life responsibilities.

As a parent I wanted to play with my kids, but D&D had too much of a time commitment and they were more 'boardgame' kids. Something that can be played in one or two hours was ideal. Kids can't really make the game (printing and cutting), but it's a fun thing to do with kids and they seem to really love the game.

From the website:
"Darkfast Dungeons is a print and play tabletop game designed to provide a robust dungeon crawl experience in a couple of hours. Perfect as an introduction for kids or people new to tabletop gaming Darkfast Dungeons is also a great game for more experienced players with limited time or resources to devote to gaming. A typical dungeon crawl will last 2-3 hours and provide a unique adventure with each game played."
I was hoping to spread the word about the Kickstarter and get more people involved in Print and Play gaming.
Thanks for your attention,
David Okum
Okumarts Games