PDA

View Full Version : Hear me ROAR!

Songtress
06-11-2014, 02:42 PM
I choose to quote the Lanister house motto because for a shy and quiet person like myself, I though choosing something bold and glitzy might be a good choice.

I'm Song, 26, Female, and RPG gamer, world creatrix and writer.

I am looking for a couple of things, people who Know a few games systems: GURPS, primarly as that the system I am into.
People who might be more interested in a player created setting ,but have someone else (run, or help to run it)

I have a fascination with a few genres: Romantic Fantasy/Fantasy (Mercedes Lackey's: Valdemar, Gayle Greeno's : Finder's Seekers trilogy, Anne McCaffrey's: Pern, Jane Linskold's: Firekeeper Saga, Elizabeth Hayden's: Symphony of Ages, Tamora Peirce's stuff), and then I get the Sci-Fi stuff, Frank Herbert's Dune springs to mind as what I am currently re-reading and loving it.

But I want to find players who be interested in it, and interested in playing in similar universes.

inazuma
06-23-2014, 09:07 AM
Welcome. I have only played a few sessions with GURPS, but I am a big fan of Lackey/McCaffrey/Herbert. I started reading McCaffrey in my teens and still pick up new Valdemar books (for better or for worse) now that I am in my downward slide to 40. I have yet to play in a game that could be described as Romantic Fantasy, with most of my GMs going for LotR epics, or Urban Fantasy/Teen Horror, but I would love to try it out.

Songtress
06-24-2014, 07:32 AM
Yeah I know. We need to find a GM, I have au niverse that might work well for it (though at the moment is complex and fuzzy, and needs some work- its overly developed at the moment).

But I am definately on board with trying to find someone. With a passion for it.

Captain America
08-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Lannister men and women are good men/women. *nods in approval* Never played Gurps but certainly enjoy Dune. I am sadly unfamiliar with the other settings even the nerd mainstays like Pern and only RECENTLY started up on Dune. lol I know I should be flogged.

Songtress
08-19-2014, 08:00 PM
You shouldn't be flogged, but you should at least get familiar with them.