PDA

View Full Version : Sedalia/Pettis County Missouri Tabletop Community Meetup Group

Carodwen
06-07-2014, 04:18 AM
I was going to place this thread in the social groups forum but it seems to be locked to new post so.

CALLING ALL GAMERS IN THE SEDALIA/PETTIS COUNTY MISSOURI AREA!

Our community is definitely lacking. We have a perfectly good gaming store and no one uses it (Though advertisment and engaging activities would help but I digress) And I think it is high time we give them a reason to never leave the community. So. I have taken the liberty of hosting a Meetup group on Meetup.com. I give you.... Sedalia/Pettis County Tabletop Community (http://www.meetup.com/SPCTTC/) and I am hoping there we can create a community through the site itself as well as our Facebook Page and if we are lucky enough to get a social group thread here and they do revive this community as they have promised, I think Sedalia can finally offer it's bored gamer citizens something to do. In the future I hope to set up a points system. For every person that GM's a game be it a continuing adventure or a one shot there are points to be earned. GM's are the biggest thing lacking in some communities. It is intimidating, and if done right, it is extremely time consuming. But If I can successfully run a game then anyone can :) So. Here is a flyer. Print one out and post it up. Thats it. Help spread the word.
Hope to hear from everyone soon.
As always!
Happy Gaming
Caro - SPCTTC Group Organizer(Email linked) (http://spcttc@gmail.com)

Soft Serve
06-11-2014, 03:52 AM
Good luck here Carodwen. Personally haven't tried the meet-up functions of the site, but I've heard good things. If I were in the area, I'd come for sure.

Carodwen
07-03-2014, 02:29 PM
We have 5 members so far so that's good. And thankfully I'm not DMing I have the full support of our game store too which is a plus. Looking forward to transitioning to f2f and transitioning out of online. Our first game starts next week. On my birthday ☺ so that will be fun. Thanks for the comment and kind words though. It's refreshing. Take care, and as always....

Happy Gaming!