PDA

View Full Version : Modos Rulebook 1.2: the real-time editing thread

DMMike
06-03-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm working on the second printing of Modos RPG - a roleplay-friendly, houserule-friendly core ruleset that is open to everyone. A short list of features:

- Universal system allows adaptation to any setting
- Light ruleset allows for fast play, or adaptation of more rules as desired
- Flexible rules allow you to play how you want: you choose how damage affects you, what your abilities mean, and how your character progresses.

Anyway, I'm almost halfway into version 1.2, and help or opinions would be welcome.

(Due to limited upload capacity on this site, I'm providing a link to another site, hosting the file)
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?354960-Modos-Rulebook-1-2-the-real-time-editing-thread

DMMike
06-16-2014, 12:57 AM
1.2 is moving along well. I would like to repeat an important aspect of the game, which ties directly to P&PG:

Everyone is invited to take ownership of this game, as the design of the game began here, with a call to the P&PG community to include its input and care!

D&D 5, Shadowrun 5, Numenera, Savage Worlds Extreme (still in development ;)), are all great games, but they all have two things in common:

1) They're not free, and
2) You're not invited to help write them!

The Modos core rules will never cost a cent, they're just for your enjoyment. So help polish the core rules, starting writing your own module, and be my guest to write and sell your own sourcebook using Modos RPG rules as the engine that makes your game awesome!

DMMike
07-17-2014, 11:43 AM
The August 16 P&PGCon edition is here:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1068

DMMike
08-17-2014, 11:45 PM
Version 1.21 is on the horizon. It includes a rules module (Star Worlds and Dragons), a handful more monsters, full rules catalog for ease of adding your own rules, updated FAQ, hyperlinks, and an easy-on-the-eyes page background.

The Skyrim game in the August mini-con used these rules, and PC response was good. Everyone had a few new rules to learn, but the rules were simple enough to pick up and run with. Very chatroom-friendly: combat maneuvering is abstract, and the skills and contests are flexible enough to let you do what you want.