PDA

View Full Version : Sorta New

PliantReality
05-22-2014, 03:18 PM
Hey there,

I signed up for this website a couple years ago, but started a group so shortly afterwards that I never got to really explore it. Now that I've got some free time - and an itching to get back to gaming - it looks like I'm back.

So hi!

- Val

Morashitar
05-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Welcome back! I hope you find a great great game to get into! What kind of games do you enjoy?

PliantReality
05-22-2014, 06:21 PM
My tastes are pretty varied. I grew up playing Basic D&D and followed all the editions; I loved 4e when it came out because it meant I could construct a balanced and interesting combat encounter in five minutes on the fly. Given how unpredictable my players at the time were, that was a big boon.

Lately, though, I've been following some of the rules-lite and narrativist games. I run Dungeon World for my current group, and they can't get enough of it. Its an interesting change of pace from the traditional dungeoncrawling that I cut my teeth on.

As far as thematic stuff, I love exploring. I love discovering new and interesting lore, characters, places.

nijineko
05-25-2014, 04:59 PM
welcome to the site! i hope that you'll find your stay pleasant. feel free to invite your friends along too. =D